PDA

View Full Version : Just Some Music News

Celerystalksme
09-18-2003, 07:17 AM
I can't find crumbcat's original post about music news...so im gonna start one...

Just some random stuff i have found out...

Zwan Is Over...

Former SMASHING PUMPKINS star BILLY CORGAN has disbanded his critically acclaimed new group ZWAN after just two years. The singer/songwriter announced the group's demise today claiming he should never have called an end to his former project. Corgan says, "I think my heart was in Smashing Pumpkins. I enjoyed my experience in Zwan, but in some cases I felt that the band members viewed it as something they could decide to do or not to do." Zwan band mate Paz Lenchantin quit the group last month to dedicate more time to Papam, a band started by Zwan guitarist David Pajo. Corgan says he now plans to record and perform as a solo act. He's also trying to get a book of poetry published.

Hilary Duff And Avril Lavigne At War??

Pop sensation HILARY DUFF has slammed fellow teen singer AVRIL LAVIGNE for criticising her own fans. Canadian singer Lavigne has attacked her fans in the past for copying her signature style of wearing ties over tank tops. In one interview she ranted, "I sometimes see girls who are dressed like me and made-up like me. Get a life, you know?" But singer Duff believes Lavigne should show a lot more appreciation for her admirers. She says, "I think some of the things Avril said about her fans were kind of mean-spirited. She said that she was p***ed off at her fans for copying her style. I was like, 'You should be happy that these people like you and look up to you!'"

Eminem Being Sued By 70 Year Old Woman

Rapper Eminem is being sued by a 70-year-old grandmother who claims he sampled a song written by her late husband without permission. Harlene Stein is furious the controversial star didn't credit her spouse on his track ‘Guilty Conscience’, which she says contains the tune ‘Pigs Go Home’ - a song her husband Ronald penned for 1970s movie ‘Getting Straight’.

Stein also wants to file cases against Eminem's producer Dr Dre as well as the Real Slim Shady star's music publishing companies and record label. While her case doesn't specify any damages, Stein could land a huge payout because the ‘Slim Shady’ - the 1999 album on which the alleged copyright infringement occurs - has shifted nearly five million copies. It marks the second time Eminem's songs have landed him in strife. In 2001 his old school pal filed a A$1.5 million lawsuit against him, claiming the rapper's tune ‘Brain Damage’ - which named the defendant DeAngelo Baliey as an abusive bully - damaged his reputation and his own ability to launch a music career.

Seeing I Dislike Those Osbourne Kids...Heres Some News On Them (BTW OZZY STILL RULES)

Kelly Osbourne refuses to move out of the family home in Beverly Hills, even though she now owns her own house and rents an apartment. The teenage pop star hasn't moved into either of her new homes - because she terrified of living alone. Mum Sharon says, "She bought a house and never moved in, then she rented an apartment because she didn't feel safe living in a house. She hasn't moved into that either. Kelly thinks that because she's nearly 19 she should be living in her own home but when it comes to it she doesn't want to go. I don't want her to go. She might change her mind so we're just keeping the house there a bit longer."
In other Osbourne news, Jack Osbourne is so eager to lose weight, he's gone on the controversial Atkins Diet - but it's not working for him. The son of legendary rocker Ozzy and his manager wife Sharon is keen to slim down after successfully conquering his drink and drug demons. But according to sources close to the reality TV favourite, poor Jack hasn't quite understood the high fat diet only works if you renounce carbohydrates. A source whispers, "He heard how you could have bacon and eggs and loads of fried stuff on the diet so thought it would be ideal. Only thing is, he has his bacon and eggs in a sandwich or with fried bread, and still insists on chips with everything. He's doing well giving up the booze but finds it has only made him pig out more on food."

Feel free to add more news...

CrumbCat
09-18-2003, 07:33 AM
Corgan says he now plans to record and perform as a solo act.

I'm looking forward to whatever he does. The guy is ultra-talented.

I found the other news to be interesting, but I have no comments.

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

Adster
09-18-2003, 07:48 AM
yeah Billy is very talented his voice anoys me after a while however

Ella
09-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Being a huge Tenacious D fan and all, I found this tidbit pretty interesting...

"Led Zeppelin has agreed to let one of their songs be
used in the soundtrack for the upcoming film 'School Of
Rock' -- but only because its star, Jack Black, asked
personally. According to the studio, Black -- who makes
music with the comical rock act Tenacious D -- stepped
in after School Of Rock director Richard Linklater was
unable to get permission to use "Immigrant Song."
Black reportedly sent a humorous videotaped request
for the song to the three surviving members of Led
Zeppelin, who subsequently gave their approval."

Looking forward to that one! B)

CrumbCat
09-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Adster@18 September 2003 - 00:48
:blink: :blink: :blink:

"anoys".......hmmmmmm - what does Adster mean......anoys, anoys, anoys....

Let me see what ieSpell finds:

http://www.piczonline.com/client/crumbcat2/Adster-anoys.jpg

Oh, ok....he means "annoys".

Hmmmm - I rather enjoy his voice - it does not annoy me at all.

:lol:

Ella
09-18-2003, 08:02 AM
LMAO! And they call me anal!

No, hang on....that's for a completely different reason. Carry on... :rolleyes:

MeMeMeSoHony
09-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Ella...are you single , married? cheat on your hubby? where u from? ;) :lol:

MUSLEMAN
09-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat+18 September 2003 - 04:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CrumbCat @ 18 September 2003 - 04:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@18 September 2003 - 00:48
:blink: :blink: :blink:

"anoys".......hmmmmmm - what does Adster mean......anoys, anoys, anoys....

Let me see what ieSpell finds:

http://www.piczonline.com/client/crumbcat2/Adster-anoys.jpg

Oh, ok....he means "annoys".

Hmmmm - I rather enjoy his voice - it does not annoy me at all.

:lol:

© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved. [/b][/quote]
roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adster
09-18-2003, 08:43 AM
well she has the same birthday as me 13th september only shes 4 years old&#33; :lol: :lol: also Im from NSW :blink:

Ella
09-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by MeMeMeSoHony@18 September 2003 - 18:38
Ella...are you single , married? cheat on your hubby? where u from? ;) :lol:
I can only dare to imagine why you&#39;re asking me that question... :rolleyes:

I&#39;m from Queensland...

Celerystalksme
09-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Less than an hour for this thread to be hijacked...impressive :D :lol:

CrumbCat
09-18-2003, 09:24 AM
I was gonna ask that they take it into the lounge....but now I&#39;m thinking maybe they should consider getting a room?

Ella
09-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@18 September 2003 - 19:24
I was gonna ask that they take it into the lounge....but now I&#39;m thinking maybe they should consider getting a room?

Pass.

MeMeMeSoHony
09-18-2003, 10:18 AM
but I&#39;m too speciall , you cant just say "pass" to this hunk :lol: :rolleyes: ;)

CrumbCat
09-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Back on topic:

NO MORE TICKETS FOR GLASTONBURY - EVER&#33;

Within two years GLASTONBURY could be completely ticketless in an attempt to crack down on the touting and Internet sales that have plagued recent events, NME.COM can reveal.

Last year’s festival sold out in record time but within hours unscrupulous fans were auctioning off their tickets at a massive profit. Since then, Michael Eavis has been looking at ways of preventing it happening in the long-term.

Speaking exclusively to NME.COM, he said he wanted to introduce an airline style ticketing system, ultimately running Glastonbury "without any tickets at all".

"What we’re trying to do is run the event how it is with airports," he said. "There’s new technology which means you don’t have tickets. You go to the counter, give your reference number and credit card and then you get checked in. The ultimate thing is to run the show without tickets so you don’t get the touts and all that jiggery pokery. It all gets done at the front of house. That’s our ultimate solution."

If not in place next year, Eavissaid by 2005 the system would be full effect.

Bands are now being booked for next year’s festival. Eavis said that there are "still three bands going for the main Saturday headline slot", which are rumoured to include Paul McCartney andOasis.

Bosses are also looking at ways for students to get priority ticket access when they finally go on sale.

CrumbCat
09-18-2003, 10:44 AM
IN THE PINK&#33;

It&#39;s been confirmed that PINK&#39;s third album will be called ‘TRY THIS&#39; and will feature collaborations with PEACHES and RANCID.

The album, out November 10, is a follow-up to the massive selling &#39;M&#33;ssundaztood&#39;. The majority of the songs were co-written by Pink and Tim Armstrong of Rancid, the tracks reportedly giving the album a much rockier feel. Long-time collaborator Linda Perry (ex-4 Non Blondes) and Beck also pick up writing credits.

As previously revealed on NME.COM, the album features a collaboration with Peaches, &#39;Oh My God&#39;.

The tracklisting runs:

‘Trouble’
‘God Is A DJ’
‘Last To Know’
‘Tonight’s The Night’
‘Oh My God’
‘Catch Me While I’m Sleeping’
‘Waiting For Love’
‘Save My Life’
‘Try Too Hard’
‘Humble Neighbourhoods’
‘Walk Away’
‘Unwind’
‘Love Song’
‘Feel Good Time’
‘Hooker’

Pink’s first single from the album, &#39;Trouble&#39;, is released on October 27.

Skillian
09-18-2003, 11:29 AM
The tracklisting runs:

‘God Is A DJ’

A bit of a rip-off of Faithless, no?

Inevitable
09-18-2003, 06:10 PM
why would avril say that to fans that look up to her?? weird......

Gutter
09-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@18 September 2003 - 10:44
IN THE PINK&#33;

It&#39;s been confirmed that PINK&#39;s third album will be called ‘TRY THIS&#39; and will feature collaborations with PEACHES and RANCID.

The album, out November 10, is a follow-up to the massive selling &#39;M&#33;ssundaztood&#39;. The majority of the songs were co-written by Pink and Tim Armstrong of Rancid, the tracks reportedly giving the album a much rockier feel. Long-time collaborator Linda Perry (ex-4 Non Blondes) and Beck also pick up writing credits.

As previously revealed on NME.COM, the album features a collaboration with Peaches, &#39;Oh My God&#39;.

The tracklisting runs:

‘Trouble’
‘God Is A DJ’
‘Last To Know’
‘Tonight’s The Night’
‘Oh My God’
‘Catch Me While I’m Sleeping’
‘Waiting For Love’
‘Save My Life’
‘Try Too Hard’
‘Humble Neighbourhoods’
‘Walk Away’
‘Unwind’
‘Love Song’
‘Feel Good Time’
‘Hooker’

Pink’s first single from the album, &#39;Trouble&#39;, is released on October 27.

Tim Armstrong? score&#33;
guess I&#39;ll be a P&#33;NK fan november 10th
or most likely before that, hopefully thanks to jibbler

Celerystalksme
09-19-2003, 01:43 AM
Prince Coming Back...Starting In Australia...

PRINCE will launch a comeback with a world tour starting in Melbourne.
The master of funk, pop and rock, will perform at Rod Laver Arena on October 21.

And in a coup for fans, 45-year-old Prince will perform his greatest hits before retiring those songs forever.

His major hits include 1999, Let&#39;s Go Crazy, When Doves Cry, Kiss and Purple Rain.

Prince last toured Australia in 1992, playing sell-out shows at the then National Tennis Centre and a secret gig at The Palace.

He swanned about town with two hired models, Diamond and Pearl, constantly at his side.

"When I&#39;m on stage, the audience has come into my room," he said at the time. "What I want to do is create excitement and provoke people as much as I can."

Many critics have urged Prince to go back to basics and the Melbourne show will attract worldwide attention.

Jibbler
09-19-2003, 02:24 AM
Does the world really need more Prince? :o

Celerystalksme
09-19-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler@19 September 2003 - 12:24
Does the world really need more Prince? :o
No...but we need more Morris Day And The (Muther Fucking) Time...

Yeah Respect :) :D

Celerystalksme
09-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Just some news on my favourite sweetheart...Delta...

The fourth single off Delta Goodrem&#39;s record-breaking 6x Platinum debut "Innocent Eyes" hit stores this week. Available in two special edition versions, "Not Me, Not I" is being tipped to follow in the footsteps of her previous three #1&#39;s "Born to Try", "Lost Without You" and "Innocent Eyes". Both versions of the CD single package feature a unique poster of the chart-topping singer, but feature varying B-sides on each collector&#39;s edition.

Fans can now view the full length video for "Not Me, Not I" on Delta&#39;s official website www.deltagoodrem.com.au Also online are details for channel V&#39;s Oz Artist Of The Year to be announced at this year&#39;s ARIA Awards. There&#39;s still time to have your say and vote for Delta by going to www.channelv.com and following the prompts.

http://graphics.sonymusic.com.au/cdcovers/medium/6742625.jpg

Get well soon sweetie http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif

Adster
09-19-2003, 09:45 AM
yeah what about holly Valance

Celerystalksme
09-19-2003, 03:10 PM
RIP Slim Dusty http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif...

Slim Dusty has left us - a nation morbid and drear.

The country music legend, whose hits included The Pub With No Beer and Duncan, died in Sydney after a long battle with kidney cancer. He was 76.

By his side as she had been throughout their 51-year marriage was wife and soul mate Joy McKean, his singer-daughter Anne Kirkpatrick, and son David.

Dusty was born David Gordon Kirkpatrick near Kempsey, on the NSW mid-north coast and wrote his first song The Way the Cowboy Dies aged just 10 years old.

What followed was 60 years of recording - 106 albums in all, notching up worldwide sales of more than six million.

It&#39;s an achievement unmatched by any other Australian artist.

His most famous song, The Pub With No Beer, was at the time the biggest selling record by an Australian.

Dusty was the first Australian to receive a Gold Record, the first to have an international record hit, and the first singer in the world to have his voice beamed to earth from space.

Celerystalksme
09-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Sorry i haven&#39;t updated the music news over the weekend...just been to busy drinking and having fun at the beach...plus stupid assignments...

anyways just some music news...

ARIA Nominations...Australian Music&#39;s Night of Nights...

Delta Goodrem did not attend the pre-ARIA event but her presence was certainly felt as the industry announced the pop sensation would contest a staggering 10 nominations at this year&#39;s awards.

Goodrem has kept public appearances to a bare minimum since revealing in July she was suffering from Hodgkin&#39;s lymphoma and had begun a rigorous treatment regime to combat the disease.

But today&#39;s announcement is the culmination of what has been an extraordinary year for the former Neighbours star, who became the first female artist in the history of the record industry awards to receive 10 nominations in one year.

Goodrem is also the first artist to be nominated with three different songs in the Highest Selling Single category, for Innocent Eyes, Lost Without You and Born To Try.

Hot on the heels of the 18-year-old&#39;s record nomination haul was Perth trio, The Waifs, who picked up six nominations for their album, Up All Night.

Brisbane rock lads Powderfinger and newcomer Amiel closely followed them with five nominations each.

The Waifs also collected two pre-ARIA night awards, for Producer and Engineer of the year.

Josh Cunningham from the band was almost speechless at the sudden accolades for The Waifs, who have been in the business for 11 years.

The independent group hit the top of the charts with their catchy tune London Still and since then toured Australia supporting Bob Dylan and played a number of other high profile gigs.

"For me it was a triumph for independent music, it goes to show that it can be done," Cunningham said of the band&#39;s nominations for Single of the Year (Lighthouse), Best Group, Album of the Year (Up All Night) and Best New Artist.

Meanwhile, it has been more than two years since Powderfinger released an album but the ARIA nominations confirmed what most rock watchers have known for a while - their latest offering is destined for big things.

In their usual bashful style, the band was amazed by their five nominations, including Single of the Year for the huge radio hit On My Mind, Album of the Year for Vulture Street and Best Group.

"To be honest I am a little bit excited, I don&#39;t think any of us expected to be nominated in five categories, but we&#39;ve never really expected anything from the band, so it&#39;s all a pleasant surprise," guitarist Darren Middleton said.

Amiel&#39;s debut solo release Audio Out earned the artist five nominations, including the category of Best Female Artist, in which she&#39;ll go up against Goodrem, Kylie Minogue, Renee Geyer and Sarah Blasko.

Relative newcomers The Sleepy Jackson (four nominations), Pete Murray (two nominations) and Candice Ally (one nomination) foreshadowed who the industry is likely to hear more from in coming years.

The 17th annual ARIA Music Awards will be held at the Superdome in Sydney on October 21, 2003, hosted by Rove McManus.

Celerystalksme
09-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Adster@19 September 2003 - 19:45
yeah what about holly Valance
Holly Valance&#39;s Trial Drags On...

Sexy singer Holly Valance claims she sacked manager Scott Michaelson because she objected to all the raunchy photo shoots he arranged for her. Holy appeared in the single&#39;s video wearing just a body stocking, giving the impression she was completely naked - but Holly now says this is not the image she wants to put across to her fans. Holly, 20, complained about the "salacious" photo shoots in an affidavit which backed her decision to fire Michaelson, who is suing her for breach of contract and claiming A&#036;470 000 plus 20 per cent of her new album&#39;s sales Holly has, however, admitted to police investigators that she did not object at the time to appearing in any of the steamy photo shoots, and that she also had the right to veto any pictures she did not like.

Jibbler
09-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@22 September 2003 - 08:19

Excuse my ignorance, but who the hell is Holly Valance? :o

Celerystalksme
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler+22 September 2003 - 22:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 22 September 2003 - 22:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@22 September 2003 - 08:19

Excuse my ignorance, but who the hell is Holly Valance? :o [/b][/quote]
http://images.warner.de/images-artists/sweden/Holly_Valance_Music_UK_/83047/139935.jpg

Jibbler
09-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Give me a link, the pic isn&#39;t showing up. :o

Edit: pic still not showing up..

Celerystalksme
09-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@22 September 2003 - 22:50
Give me a link, the pic isn&#39;t showing up. :o

Edit: pic still not showing up..
heres a site with thousands of pics of hers...

Holly Valance (http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/cashtime1/picindex.htm)

Jibbler
09-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Very cute, I&#39;d do her. :-)

Celerystalksme
09-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@22 September 2003 - 22:55
Very cute, I&#39;d do her. :-)
even though i would still do her :devil:

my love is and always will be for Delta only http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif

http://graphics.sonymusic.com.au/gallery/medium/DeltaGoodrem117.jpg Love ya sweetie http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif

Spider_dude
09-22-2003, 05:26 PM
yeah but you&#39;d have to stop when she started singing.

BigBank_Hank
09-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@22 September 2003 - 17:26
yeah but you&#39;d have to stop when she started singing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Celerystalksme
09-24-2003, 06:12 AM
Some Updates

Daniel Bedingfield Turning To Hip Hop

British music star DANIEL BEDINGFIELD shocked a hostile hip-hop crowd with his stunning human beatbox skills. The singer turned up at the DMC World Mixing Finals in London, and took to the stage to show off his urban skills. However, the pop star was not given a warm welcome by the crowd - but soon won them over with his skills. An audience member says, "When he got up there was some booing and jeering. He&#39;s not exactly a star in the hip-hop world. But he won the tough crowd over. To be fair, he was wicked."

Andre 3000 Not Liking Today&#39;s Hip Hop

OUTKAST star ANDRE 3000 has hit out at today&#39;s hip-hop - branding it "stagnant". The rapper, who prides himself on taking a more unconventional approach to the musical genre, believes rap is on the cusp of a much-needed change of direction. He says, "I think it&#39;s going through a transitional stage, just any style of music. Blues went through its period where it had turn everything up to 10 and make it rock &#39;n&#39; roll. "I think we&#39;re most definitely going through that stage where we&#39;re kinda stagnant and need to look to do new things. I don&#39;t know what it&#39;s gonna be, but I hope we&#39;re a part of it."

Posh&#39;s New Look and Record

Hip hop producer DAMON DASH is confident that if he can make a success out of new signing VICTORIA BECKHAM, it will prove he can make anyone hot. The music mogul is in charge of rescuing Victoria’s floundering singing career by giving her a new image as an urban artist but promises that she won&#39;t be rapping on the new material. But his comments are likely to leave a bittersweet taste for the singer, who was dropped by her record company after her first solo album flopped in her native UK. Dash says, "She&#39;s not going to be rapping - all we&#39;re going to do with Victoria is give her a hip hop influence. If we can make Victoria hot, we can make anybody hot. I&#39;ve never done anything corny."

Hopefully i can find something non hip-hop in the future...

wormless
09-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@24 September 2003 - 06:12
Some Updates

Daniel Bedingfield Turning To Hip Hop

[QUOTE]British music star DANIEL BEDINGFIELD shocked a hostile hip-hop crowd with his stunning human beatbox skills. The singer turned up at the DMC World Mixing Finals in London, and took to the stage to show off his urban skills. However, the pop star was not given a warm welcome by the crowd - but soon won them over with his skills. An audience member says, "When he got up there was some booing and jeering. He&#39;s not exactly a star in the hip-hop world. But he won the tough crowd over. To be fair, he was wicked."
lmfao@hip-hop daniel

Celerystalksme
09-25-2003, 05:13 AM
Some more updates

Linkin Park In Malaysia

Hell-raising rockers Linkin Park will be on best behaviour when they perform on tour in Malaysia next month - they&#39;ve been banned from screaming, jumping or wearing shorts on stage. The Malaysian Ministry of Culture and Arts reluctantly allowed the Points Of Authority stars to perform at Kuala Lumpur&#39;s 50,000 capacity Stadium Merdeka on 15 October - provided they sign a code of conduct promising to tone down their wild onstage antics.

The code prohibits any sexually provocative gestures or speech, as well as clothing or accessories that can be considered "obscene, linked to drugs or related to negative elements".The Ministry&#39;s statement reads, "The government believes the performance will provide an alternative type of entertainment in Malaysia. "Male artists must cover their bodies from the chest to knee level. The artist must not display rough, raunchy actions that conflict with pure values, such as leaping around, screaming or throwing something from the stage to the audience."

The Who Reunion

Legendary rock outfit The Who will be going back into the studio next March and will take the new material on tour in both America and their native UK. Band members Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend plan to record their first studio album in 21 years and hope to release the new long player in the summer. Townshend cited the death of band mate Keith Moon as the reason that the pair had waited so long before reuniting. He writes on his website, "What made me stop making Who albums is very much the same thing that happened to Led Zeppelin. Somebody in the band died. And unlike them, I was very slow to get the message."

mogadishu
09-25-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@25 September 2003 - 00:13
The Who Reunion

Legendary rock outfit The Who will be going back into the studio next March and will take the new material on tour in both America and their native UK. Band members Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend plan to record their first studio album in 21 years and hope to release the new long player in the summer. Townshend cited the death of band mate Keith Moon as the reason that the pair had waited so long before reuniting. He writes on his website, "What made me stop making Who albums is very much the same thing that happened to Led Zeppelin. Somebody in the band died. And unlike them, I was very slow to get the message."
YESS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;.. FINALLY, some WHO&#33;.. omg i cannot fucking wait.

Celerystalksme
09-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Some more news updates...

Russel Crowe Urupts

FOX FM brekky host Tracy Bartram copped more than she bargained for when interviewing Rusty Crowe yesterday.

Their on-air stoush left listeners stunned and producers reaching for the panic button.

On the phone from Hobart, where he was touring with his band, 30 Odd Foot of Grunts, Crowe explained how he met Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde to record a duet when a distracted Bartram asked whether they had met.

"Did you just not listen to everything I just said?" Crowe said.

A clearly flustered Bartram apologised and said someone was passing her a note at the time, but Crowe wasn&#39;t impressed.

"Sorry for interrupting your life and coming on your radio station," he said.

"We&#39;re playing at the Mercury Lounge on Friday night. I know you know that, I&#39;m telling your audience."

Trying to regroup, Bartram said:

"Well, you don&#39;t have to meet people these days, Russell, because you&#39;re in the stratosphere, aren&#39;t you?"

Crowe paused before letting fly:

"What the f*&#036;% are you talking about lady?"

The interview was wrapped up quickly and listeners were left wondering what on earth had just happened.

Fox FM program manager Brian Ford insisted it was all in good fun and that Crowe had a chuckle at the end of the interview.

But The Eye caught up with a still-rattled Bartram at yesterday&#39;s Essendon Women&#39;s Network Grand Final lunch, where she was part of a celebrity debate.

"It was awful. It was a really awful moment," Bartram said.

She admitted she was distracted, but thought Crowe&#39;s attack was over the top.

"I felt really stupid. It really upset me, but I had to keep going," she said.

"But I don&#39;t think it was appropriate for him to swear on air.

"It was such a shock actually. I was completely gobsmacked. I couldn&#39;t believe that he would be so aggressive.

"Look, his reputation&#39;s not great. And I always assume everyone&#39;s going to be warm and friendly."

BigBank_Hank
09-27-2003, 02:27 AM
Russell Crowe just gives an impression that he is an ass. Thankfully I have never met him but that is how he comes off. This story is another example of his rudeness.

BTW I have listen to his band and personally I didn&#39;t think that he was that great of a singer.

Celerystalksme
09-27-2003, 08:16 AM
Korn fans...get ready...the new entirely self-produced Korn record, "Take a Look in the Mirror" will drop on 11/18. It won&#39;t be long until you can hear the brand new single on the air...and on the net.

Korn&#39;s newest single "Let&#39;s Do This Now" will be premiered on the Ultimate Fighting Championships pay per view on September 26th&#33;

It will be used as Tito Ortiz&#39;s walk in music for his championship bout against Randy Couture.

*btw i&#39;ve got this on PPV tomorrow...should be fun*

Adster
09-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Holy Valance has a hamroid prbolem I read

http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/cashtime1/hollybanner21.jpg

Celerystalksme
09-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Something i came across

Diana Tribute By Sinead O&#39;Connor

Irish singer Sinead O’Connor is planning to retire from music with a big bang, by releasing a banned tribute song about Diana, Princess Of Wales. ‘Brigidine Diana’, which Sinead describes as a "reaction to the Elton John ‘Candle In The Wind’ track", was banned from the official Diana tribute album because of its controversial lyrics - but 6 years after the princess&#39; death Sinead is determined it will be heard. O&#39;Connor, who is three months pregnant, has put the track on her farewell album ‘She Who Dwells’. As well as an antithesis of Elton John&#39;s Diana song, which she "personally strongly objected to", ‘Brigidine’ Diana pays tributes to the princess&#39; sons Harry and William.

wormless
09-28-2003, 01:53 AM
&#39;80s Rock Icon Robert Palmer Dies in Paris
By Leigh Johnson, Hollywood.com Staff

HOLLYWOOD, September 26, 2003 -- British singer and songwriter Robert Palmer, whose suave style and catchy songs helped define the 1980&#39;s rock scene, died of a heart attack in Paris early Friday, Reuters reports. He was 54.

The musician&#39;s death was sudden, a spokeswoman for his record company, Universal Music, told reporters in London. Seemingly in the best of health, Palmer had been visiting Paris with companion Mary Ambrose, taking a break after a recording session in London for Yorkshire Television. He had been living in Switzerland for the last 16 years, and is survived by two children from an early marriage.

Story continues below

Palmer&#39;s first hit album and single was "Sneakin&#39; Sally Through the Alley," in 1974. He followed that with 1979&#39;s hit single, "Bad Case of Loving You." But the &#39;80s were particularly kind to the singer, who scored big during that decade with "Addicted to Love" and "I Didn&#39;t Mean To Turn You On," from his 1985 solo album Riptide, and "Simply Irresistible," from 1988&#39;s Heavy Nova. But the &#39;80s audience identified the singer as much with his slick onscreen presence in his music videos as with his music: the immensely popular video for "Addicted to Love" featured several unforgettable female background dancers, guitarists and singers, all with long legs, red lips and very short, tight skirts.

In 1985, the singer also fronted Power Station, which he formed with Duran Duran members John Taylor and Andy Taylor. The group had three hit singles, including "Some Like It Hot," "Get It On (Bang a Gong)" and "Communication." According to MTV, Palmer left the band just before their tour was set to begin, and instead recorded Riptide.

The son of a British naval officer, Palmer (born Alan Palmer) spent his early years in Malta with no TV. He spent his time instead listening to the R&B and jazz that would influence him through most of his career and were particularly evident on his latest album, Drive.

Celerystalksme
09-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Another Update

You Am I Drop Label

ONE of Australia&#39;s most influential rock acts, You Am I, has split with major international record label BMG after its bosses refused to support an upcoming US tour.
Like fellow Australian band silverchair, they will now create their own independent record label.

There has been interest in the band in the UK and US thanks to the burgeoning careers of new rock acts The Vines and Jet, who credit You Am I as the reason they decided to become musicians.

The rock quartet were scheduled to undertake their first headlining US tour in November in support of their album, Deliverance, which has received glowing reviews there.

"BMG refusing to help fund the tour was the straw that broke the camel&#39;s back," said the band&#39;s spokesman Todd Wagstaff.

"This was a crucial tour for the band because, for the first time, it coincided with an album release - instead of a year or two after - and we had great venues lined up."

BMG managing director Ed St John described the parting as sad but amicable.

"It saddens me ... that our financial commitment to the band has proven to be unsustainable," he said.

You Am I perform at The Metro tonight and tomorrow.

Celerystalksme
09-29-2003, 03:35 AM
The Australian Top 10 Albums This Week (for once it is decent)

1 1 27 1 INNOCENT EYES Delta Goodrem
2 - NEW 2 RESULTS MAY VARY Limp Bizkit
3 - NEW 3 THIRTEENTH STEP A Perfect Circle
4 - NEW 4 THE LONG ROAD Nickelback
5 4 2 4 HEAVIER THINGS John Mayer
6 2 12 1 VULTURE STREET Powderfinger
7 5 31 3 MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE Matchbox 20
8 7 20 3 FALLEN Evanescence
9 - NEW 9 DISTANT LIGHT Alex Lloyd
10 3 2 3 GET BORN Jet

*will anything take down Delta from the top spot??...i mean not even limpbizkit or a perfect circle or nickelback or even Lloydy could take her down*

and im not gonna mention the Australian top 10 singles because it is a f*cking embarrasment...im just gonna say the no1...

1 Delta Goodrem - Not Me, Not I

*shes got both number ones again...and she&#39;s nominated for 10 Aria&#39;s...is their anything this girl can&#39;t do*

Celerystalksme
09-29-2003, 03:54 AM
BIG DAY OUT 2004

Bands

METALLICA
The Strokes
A Perfect Circle
The Dandy Warhols
The Flaming Lips
The Mars Volta
Basement Jaxx
Peaches
Black Eyed Peas
Aphex Twin
Luke Vibert
The Hoodoo Gurus (Aus. Only)
Gerling
The Datsuns
Jet (Aus. Only)
Something For Kate (Aus. Only)
Trey (Aus.Only)
Magic Dirt (Aus. Only)
The Butterfly Effect (Aus. Only)
Downsyde (Aus. Only)

*2nd Announcement In A Months Time*

Celerystalksme
10-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Delta Beats Kylie

DELTA Goodrem has made chart history by scoring four No. 1 singles from one album.
&nbsp;

The record was previously held by Kylie Minogue, whose 1987-88 album Kylie had three consecutive Australian No. 1s – Locomotion, I Should Be So Lucky, and Got to Be Certain.

Goodrem&#39;s latest single, Not Me, Not I, yesterday went to the top. It was the fourth single from her Innocent Eyes debut to do so.

Born to Try, Lost Without You and Innocent Eyes have all reached pole position.

It is an amazing achievement for the 18-year-old who has taken a break from music to battle cancer.

Goodrem last week blitzed the nominations for this year&#39;s ARIA awards with 10 nods – the first female to receive so many in a single year.

Innocent Eyes remains No. 1 on the Australian album chart this week.

The album has now spent a remarkable 19 weeks at No. 1, matching Savage Garden&#39;s self-titled album which spent 19 weeks at No. 1 in 1997.

Shania Twain&#39;s Come On Over spent 20 weeks at No. 1 and John Farnham&#39;s Whispering Jack was No. 1 for 25 weeks.

Dire Straits&#39; Brothers In Arms spent a record 34 weeks at No. 1.

Goodrem&#39;s Innocent Eyes single also became her third UK Top 10 hit this week.

Goodrem hopes to attend the ARIA awards on October 21, but is unlikely to perform on the night.

Adster
10-01-2003, 03:51 AM
wow that is big news sucko kyle at least deltra writes her own shit and can sing unliek Kyle

Adster
10-01-2003, 03:52 AM
btw when the arias on i know its on in October sometime

Celerystalksme
10-01-2003, 03:53 AM
HOLY SHIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Pop beauty CHRISTINA AGUILERA has good news for her lusty male and female fans - she&#39;s happy to have sex with them if she finds them attractive. The diva admits she is a big fan of love making, and doesn&#39;t want to restrict her chances by only pursuing fellow celebrities. And Aguilera has no problem with enjoying intimate moments with admirers of both sexes. She says, "I like having sex - it&#39;s fun. And I shouldn&#39;t be made to feel guilty about that. Sometimes I look at my male fans and think, &#39;Wow, you&#39;re cute&#33;&#39; "I love experimenting with my sexuality and want to try out as much as possible. I have fun being sexy and tough at the same time. I find it hornier looking at women than men."

Celerystalksme
10-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Adster@1 October 2003 - 13:52
btw when the arias on i know its on in October sometime
Tuesday October 21

Adster
10-01-2003, 04:00 AM
jeez october 23rd 1998 was the day I went out with my ex this will be the first October without her ohh well I hope new pusy comes around the corner this is my lucky month

Spider_dude
10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@29 September 2003 - 03:35
The Australian Top 10 Albums This Week (for once it is decent)

1 1 27 1 INNOCENT EYES Delta Goodrem
2 - NEW 2 RESULTS MAY VARY Limp Bizkit
3 - NEW 3 THIRTEENTH STEP A Perfect Circle
4 - NEW 4 THE LONG ROAD Nickelback
5 4 2 4 HEAVIER THINGS John Mayer
6 2 12 1 VULTURE STREET Powderfinger
7 5 31 3 MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE Matchbox 20
8 7 20 3 FALLEN Evanescence
9 - NEW 9 DISTANT LIGHT Alex Lloyd
10 3 2 3 GET BORN Jet

*will anything take down Delta from the top spot??...i mean not even limpbizkit or a perfect circle or nickelback or even Lloydy could take her down*

and im not gonna mention the Australian top 10 singles because it is a f*cking embarrasment...im just gonna say the no1...

1 Delta Goodrem - Not Me, Not I

*shes got both number ones again...and she&#39;s nominated for 10 Aria&#39;s...is their anything this girl can&#39;t do*
i like delta. she would get it

Adster
10-01-2003, 02:23 PM
erverythigns decent on that lsit except for number 2 http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/images/smilies/distrub.gif

Celerystalksme
10-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Adster@2 October 2003 - 00:23
erverythigns decent on that lsit except for number 2 http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/images/smilies/distrub.gif
I like no2 http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/yes.gif

i don&#39;t like no5 though *its the only CD their i do not have* :) :D

Adster
10-01-2003, 02:32 PM
its more for our parents :lol:

Celerystalksme
10-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Adster@2 October 2003 - 00:32
its more for our parents :lol:
all his songs sound the same with no tempo or anything...he is just plain and boring...plus they overplayed his stuff :angry:

Adster
10-01-2003, 02:37 PM
agree its deffently not my cup of tea unfortuntly it wa album of the week for me to do for work to do some production and review it on air :angry:

damm Jimie Little is another boring as hell

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/images/smilies/bong.gif

Celerystalksme
10-08-2003, 02:45 AM
Eeeek i been busy with other stuff lately...anyways a few news bits...

Love Into Rehab Again...

Rocker COURTNEY LOVE has decided to enter rehab following a suspected drug overdose last week. The former Hole front woman has reportedly confessed to pals that she has a problem, and is now determined to sort herself out. An insider tells British tabloid The Daily Sport, "This is so long overdue. She now appears to be taking the first steps to clean up her act." Courtney&#39;s husband Kurt Cobain died by shooting himself in the head after using heroin in 1994, leaving her to raise their daughter Framces Bean alone.

New Fatboy Silm Album

Dance maestro FATBOY SLIM is going for a different sound on his upcoming album - by teaming up with Blacklicious star Lateff. The new project, a follow-up to 2000&#39;s critically acclaimed ‘Halfway Between The Gutter And The Stars’, will be a departure from the previous album, featuring less house music and more hip-hop. In addition to collaborating with Blackalicious, the British star will also team up with Blur front man Damon Albarn and funk legend Bootsy Collins. The album has yet to be given a title and release date.

Will Smith&#39;s New Album

Rapper-turned-actor Will Smith has bounced back after dropped by record label Sony, he has a new album ready for release. After first shooting to fame as part of 80s rap duo Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Smith went solo and topped the charts with tracks like Men In Black. Sony dropped him earlier this year after a series of chart flops, but multi-talented Smith hasn&#39;t been put off - he&#39;s readied an entire record of new material, which he plans to release without the help of big music labels. He says, "I am recording now and my album is just about ready. I am sort of waiting to see how things fall in the music industry. My contract was up with Sony. I am looking at a few different outlets, I am thinking about using the internet, doing something special. Films really pay the bills well so I enjoy making them. But if all things were even, I would absolutely choose music over film-making. When you make a film it&#39;s really a director&#39;s medium, but when I make an album it is about me, what I think, what I feel."

Posh&#39;s Rap Career Gone

Damon Dash has launched a blistering attack on his new signing Victoria Beckham&#39;s record company Telstar, describing them as "the dumbest motherf***ers I&#39;ve ever worked with". The Rocawear hip hop svengali is furious after Telstar objected to his attempts to turn the former Spice Girl into a rap star, and are refusing to release the album they have recorded together.

Dash fumes, "Victoria&#39;s record label Telstar is retarded. They are the dumbest motherf***ers I have ever worked with. They are a load of s***. They don&#39;t know what they&#39;re doing. I could buy Telstar if I wanted to but why would I?" A Telstar insider retorts, "It&#39;s just sour grapes. We don&#39;t like the album. It isn&#39;t what we want and we prefer her other material. He&#39;s now trying to flog it."

Adster
10-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Courtney flashed her tits in front of me it was good at the BDO :)

Gutter
10-08-2003, 04:16 PM
80s Bands Making Comebacks

The 1980s fashion has already been resurrected with the reemergence of leg warmers, parachute pants and ripped T-shirts, and it looks like the music is next.

Several bands famous in the &#39;80s are working on and releasing albums in the coming months.

Roland Orzabel and Curt Smith are joining back together and reforming Tears for Fears. Smith left the band in 1991 and Orzabel continued it until 1995. Now they&#39;ve signed a recording contract with Arista Records. A new album is expected in the spring.

Europe, the poodle-haired 1980s rock band from Sweden, is also recording an album with new material, and a world tour is planned. The group is known for its hit "The Final Countdown."

"After the first band jam in years it felt so right, like we&#39;ve just been away for a lunch break," drummer Ian Haugland said recently.

Singer Joey Tempest said the new music is "fresh and hard but still with the typical Europe melodies in focus."

Europe split up in 1992. They reunited for a millennium concert in Stockholm on New Year&#39;s Eve 1999.

American rockers are getting back in the limelight as well.

Bob Seger, whose tune "Old Time Rock &#39;n&#39; Roll" was an &#39;80s staple, is releasing "Greatest Hits 2," Nov. 4, which will include "Katmandu" and "Shakedown," and will also feature three songs previously unavailable on a Seger album, plus two bonus videos.

And former 80s punk-girl Cyndi Lauper is teaming up with Tony Bennett and Stevie Wonder for her new album "At Last," which will feature her versions of standards such as "Makin Whoopee," "Stay," and "Walk On By."

Celerystalksme
10-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Some more music news for you guys...

Oringinal Beach Boy

Justices have refused to hear an appeal from Beach Boys founding member Alan Jardine, who fought a court order barring him from using the term &#39;Beach Boys&#39; in his touring band. The dispute arose from a split among the surviving members of the California surf band. In 1998, Jardine began touring as Beach Boys Family and Friends and as other names that included &#39;Beach Boys&#39;. He owns a quarter of the corporation formed to hold the Beach Boys trademark, but did not have the company&#39;s permission to use the band&#39;s name. Jardine contends he formed his separate touring band after former band mate Mike Love refused to tour with him.

No Record Label For Duran Duran

Plans by 80s pop sensations Duran Duran to re-conquer the charts have hit an obstacle – they can&#39;t get a record label to sign them. The veteran five-piece have never split and after a recent surge in interest - they picked up lifetime achievement awards at August&#39;s MTV Video Music Awards and this week&#39;s Q Magazine Awards - they are desperate to relive their heyday.

The band, Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, Andy Taylor, Roger Taylor and John Taylor, have even written a new album, which they feel, includes some of their most exciting work to date. But assist John grumbles, "We still haven&#39;t been signed. There is some interest but it is not as easy as we might have expected. We have got an album of material written but we realise that we might only end up getting to put one single out. Record companies are very cautious these days and no matter who you are they are very careful about taking risks." A music industry insider adds, "You might think that record labels would be clamouring to sign up Duran Duran, but while their greatest hits might sell phenomenally well there is no guarantee that their new stuff will appeal to a new generation."

Gutter
10-09-2003, 01:47 AM
NOFX DVD OUT NOW&#33;
&nbsp; “Ten Years of Fucking Up” is now available on DVD and this updated version comes with bonus commentary from NOFX and the Vandals.&nbsp; Throw this thing on at a party and you’re sure to clear the room.&nbsp; You can order now from Fat mailorder for a mere 10 bones, or you can see an e-card:

http://www.fatwreck.com/junk/10years.htm

Adster
10-09-2003, 02:11 AM
10 years after f*cking up

Celerystalksme
10-09-2003, 02:11 AM
DELTA DVD :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Delta
Delta&#39;s first ever full length DVD includes over 2 hours of exclusive footage. See all her videos, including &#39;I Don&#39;t Care&#39; and the never before seen video of &#39;A Year Ago Today&#39;. Go behind the scenes with Delta at her video and photo shoots and be on the road with her in the UK and Europe. Also featured are great live performances, loads of photos, and heaps more extras&#33; &#39;Delta&#39; is the must own DVD of the year.

Scene selection:

- Live
V HQ, London Showcase, Bali Appeal, Ch V Music Bus, Celebrate Xmas concert

- Clips
Born To Try, Lost Without You, Innocent Eyes, Not Me Not I, I Don&#39;t Care, A Year Ago Today

- Behind The scenes
At video clips, photo shoots, London / Euro promo

- Growing up
Early performances, skiing, playing basketball

- Extras
EPK, Out Takes, Photo Gallery

Adster
10-09-2003, 02:14 AM
is she nude otherwise I dont want tit

Gutter
10-09-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Adster@9 October 2003 - 02:11
10 years after f*cking up
been almost 20 by now

17 or 18 maybe

Celerystalksme
10-09-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Adster@9 October 2003 - 11:14
is she nude otherwise I dont want tit
No...you pervert :lol: :P

Adster
10-09-2003, 04:54 AM
damm waste of time for me then :lol:

Celerystalksme
10-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Stevens Leaving INXS

JON Stevens will leave INXS in December, ending a three-year stint as the band&#39;s "replacement" frontman.

A ubiquitous case of "musical differences" is the official reason for the split, as the band and Stevens prepare to pursue opposing paths.

Now the rumour mill has it that Stevens will inspire a Noiseworks comeback after the 1980s chart busters performed at the Sydney Roosters post-grand final wash-up at The Charing Cross hotel in Randwick on Monday night.

Stevens is the voice behind INXS&#39;s first new single for six years - I Get Up - which was written specifically for EA Sports&#39; new video game Rugby 2004 and is being widely played in the World Cup lead-up.

He guested often for the band after the 1997 death of Michael Hutchence and joined officially in 2000. However, he&#39;s departing the current line-up before the new INXS has a chance to release its "first" album.

"We thank Jon for his incredible input in the past three years and for helping us through the difficult transition following Michael&#39;s death," INXS said in a statement.

"We&#39;ve had some great gigs and great tours and will always value his contribution".

The band played at the official launch of Channel 7&#39;s Rugby Clubhouse in Sydney&#39;s Darling Harbour last night, delivering a full set for a delighted crowd of television and sporting personalities.

Yet few of them would have been aware that the show - which included past hits New Sensation, Never Tear Us Apart and Suicide Blonde - will be one of the current line-up&#39;s last.

INXS may have also unwittingly auditioned a willing stand-in for Stevens in breakfast television favourite David Koch.

Dressed in a beige skivvy, a "Koch pit" ensued when the male face of Sunrise took to the stage to sing backing vocals during Don&#39;t Change - recently covered by Grinspoon.

However, so involved was he that after a bit of air guitar on his mic stand, Koch completely took over, leaving Stevens to cower into a corner and carry the song in the shadow of the bald finance guru.

Koch was elected president of the Rugby Clubhouse ahead of former Wallaby and Channel 7 commentator Chris "Buddha" Handy.

Celerystalksme
10-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Chisel Play Again

AUSTRALIAN rockers Cold Chisel will reunite for a "ringside" show in Melbourne.
Chisel initially planned the shows, performed up close and in the round, to be a one-off Sydney event.

But yesterday, lead singer Jimmy Barnes said chemistry was good in the once-volatile group.

Chisel also considered it "unfinished business" if it did not tour the ringside shows nationally.

Cold Chisel will perform at Festival Hall on January 20. Tickets go on sale on October 22.

Cold Chisel still stands as one of Australia&#39;s most successful and hard living bands. Their hits include Khe Sanh, Forever Now and When the War Is Over.

Gutter
10-12-2003, 08:29 AM
taken from Fearless Records (http://www.fearlessrecords.com/main.html)

9/10/03

Punk Goes Acoustic Finally In Stores

We are pleased to announce that Punk Goes Acoustic will finally be released October 21st, 2003. We were able to reach an agreement with Victory Records and subsequently Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Glasseater and Grade will be appearing on this release. Due to this factor and because of time restraints on the length of the album, we regretfully were not able to include everyone we would have liked and thus unfortunately some bands had to be left off of this project. Our choice as to who was removed from the final listing on Punk Goes Acoustic was not due to any personal conflicts with any of the bands, just simply the fact that production constraints would not allow us to fit everyone on the album.

As a special added bonus, the first 50,000 copies of Punk Goes Acoustic pressed will contain a special bonus cd with four tracks from bands on Fearless and Victory.

http://www.fearlessrecords.com/banners/PGA60X468.gif

Great now I gotta find those ULTRA RARE four extra tracks <_<

Celerystalksme
10-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Its been a while since i last updated...

Seal Against Todays Hip-Hop

Musician SEAL is sick to death with most urban music - because it&#39;s all so negative. The singer is frustrated the genre has become tied up with competition and the lust for money, instead of the beauty music should convey. He says, "I can&#39;t stand music that&#39;s always &#39;I am&#39; and &#39;I&#39;m this&#39; and &#39;I&#39;ve got that&#39; and &#39;I&#39;m better than you&#39;. I loathe that kind of music. I find a lot of hip-hop boring because of that element to it. It can be so hateful. Everything and anyone you know is beautiful.&#39; That&#39;s the lyrics to one of my songs."

Kylie Gets Help With New Album

British R&B sensation Ms Dynamite has written a song for Kylie Minogue’s new album, after sending her the track anonymously. The Mercury Prize winner confesses she&#39;s a huge fan of pop princess Kylie, but wanted the track ‘Secret (Take You Home)’ to be chosen on merit. She posted it to the singer&#39;s label without her name on it - and Kylie was so thrilled, she chose it for her new album ‘Body Language’. Kylie says, "Ms Dynamite is great. I&#39;m a big fan. It&#39;s a great track. I heard the song for the first time without knowing anything about it. Afterwards I found out Ms Dynamite was involved in writing it. "I think it&#39;s fantastic."

‘Secret (Take Me Home)’ is likely to be the second single from the LP - which will hit shops on 17 November. Since giving birth to her first child in July (03) Ms Dynamite - real name Niomi McLean-Daley - has concentrated on writing rather than performing, as she juggles her music career with life as a new mum. A friend explains, "She is not ready to quit the music scene as a performer just yet - but she really likes the idea of writing for other people."

thats all for now :)

Gutter
10-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Members of Bane, Good Riddance, Descendents form Only Crime

a new band called Only Crime has recorded a five-song demo. The band featres Russ Rankin of Good Riddance on vocals, Pete Chilton on bass and Aaron Dalbec on guitar (both of Bane), Zach Blair (Hagfish, Gwar) on guitar and Bill Stevenson (Descendents, Black Flag, All) on drums. The site is reporting that Only Crime will be sending out the demo to labels later this month with a full-length possible for the winter.

Santa Cause `03 Track List

The track listing for Immortal Records&#39; charity compilation A Santa Cause &#39;03 has been released. The album is set to hit stores on November 11th, with yearly holiday releases to follow in the series. Click below for the track listing, which features bands like The AKAs, Gatsby&#39;s American Dream, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and The Matches.

tracklist for A Santa CAUSE &#39;03

The AKA&#39;s - Christmas in Hollis
Something Corporate - Forget December
The Matches - December Is For Cynics
Blink 182 - I Won&#39;t Be Home For Christmas
FAR w/Chino Moreno - Feed the World (Do They Know It&#39;s XMAS)
Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
MxPx - Christmas Night of the Zombies :w00t:
From First to Last - X12 Days of XXXMASX
Matchbook Romance - I&#39;ll Be Home For Christmas
New Found Glory - Ex-Miss
Acceptance - Happy Xmas (War is Over)
Gatsby&#39;s American Dream - Christmas Time is Here
Jason Gleason of Further Seems Forever - Sleigh Bells & Wine
InMemory - The Most Wonderful Time of Year
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - This Time of Year
Standstill - I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus
The Beautiful Mistake - A Cradle In Bethlehem
Punchline - Icicles
Saosin - Mookie&#39;s Last Christmas
The Red West - It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

Gutter
10-22-2003, 02:34 AM
Report On Unreleased Strummer, Clash Recordings

Billboard is reporting that according to former Mescalero Martin Slattery, Joe Strummer left behind "reels upon reels of homemade recordings, some of which date back several years." The former Clash frontman had a "slew" of eight-track recordings made in his in Plymouth, England. Slattery told the magazine "There&#39;s loads of reels that haven&#39;t been listened to properly yet, all these tapes that he kind of doodled around on... We&#39;ve listened to bits of it and found some kind of stuff that relates to what [the Mescaleros] were doing, but nothing totally new. But I&#39;m not sure whether they&#39;ve all been completely listened to." The recordings were all done on tape and some predate the formation of the Mescaleros in the late 90s. They are currently being copied and archived by a Strummer family friend, although it is too early to say what will ultimately become of them.

This is in addition to a number of unreleased Clash recordings that, according to Billboard, "now stand a better chance than ever of seeing daylight." Strummer rejected the notion that they would be added to Legacy&#39;s Clash reissues from a few years back, apparently uneasy with the idea that fans would have to buy the albums twice in order to get the new material. Furthermore, Hellcat label chief Chris LaSalle has said that the label has various live recordings of the Mescaleros in it&#39;s vaults.

There is no word on if or when any of this unreleased material will ever see a proper release.

Joe Strummer (1952-2002)

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Joe Strummer (1952-2002) *Miss You Joe*

Just Some News

Blink 182 1 Dollar Tour

Pop punks Blink -182 are going back to their roots by playing ten club dates in their native America - and they&#39;re only charging one dollar for a ticket. Dubbed the ‘Dollar Tour’ - which begins in Boston on 6 November, the rockers are excited to be returning to the early days of the group when they played intimate venues at budget prices. Singer Tom Delonge says, "For years we played in small clubs and that&#39;s where you can really connect with your fans. We&#39;re super stoked that we&#39;re at the point in our career that we can bring a tour like this around for only a dollar."

Aguilera&#39;s Going Bald

Pop star Christina Aguilera has raised fears for her much-dyed hair, after bald patches were spotted through her jet-black tresses. The singer - who is noted for her dramatically coloured, wacky hairstyles - was photographed emerging from Los Angeles restaurant The Ivy this month with the right hand side of her scalp betraying a series of bald patches.

And at Britain&#39;s Q Awards, earlier this month the diminutive 22-year-old was seen desperately trying to cover up her missing strands. A fellow guest tells British newspaper The Daily Mail, "I was sitting behind Christina and she wouldn&#39;t leave her hair alone. On the front, right-hand side of her head there was a patch of scalp visible."

Leading trichologist Philip Kingsley believes Aguilera&#39;s love of artificial hair extensions are the most likely explanation for her problems. He says, "Extensions often cause bald patches where they have gripped the scalp. It doesn&#39;t matter how they are applied, when the extensions are removed, they can pull out a lot of hair. Having tight plaits - or dreadlocks - also causes problems, often leading to bald patches called traction alopecia. This means the hair has been pulled so hard to form the plaits that it falls out when they are taken out - although it does grow back."

Albarn Cut From New Strokes Album

Blur singer Damon Albarn has been accused of arrogantly comparing himself to The Beatles -by the producer of the new Strokes album. Damon popped into the studio to help the New York band record second album ‘Room On Fire’, at the request of singer Julian Casablancas.

However, knob-twiddler Gordon Raphael was unimpressed by Damon&#39;s attitude, especially when the Blur star insisted on adding his vocals. Gordon says, "The Strokes went to a rock &#39;n&#39; roll concert while we were making the album and they brought back the lead singer of the band they went to see - a man called Damon from Blur who was in some kind of state. I had never met this guy before but he starts talking about all the famous people in London that he knows and how they all phone him because he&#39;s so talented. He said the thing The Strokes needed to really make their record sell - because they&#39;re gonna have a real hard time this time - was for him to sing backing vocals on it. First he said he was one of a rare breed of British singers who could sing like The Beatles with all those harmonies. We let him go out and try for a couple of hours. He was singing backing vocals and I was having a rough time trying to sit through it and get through this experience. However, Julian&#39;s taking it really seriously, seeing if he can craft what Damon&#39;s doing into something that would make it on the record. However, in the end Damon said, ‘Well I guess the songs are just perfect the way they are.’ And so no backing vocals were used."

Celerystalksme
10-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Some more news...

Basement Jaxx Join Up With Timberlake and Ditch Britney and Madonna

British dance gurus Basement Jaxx are keen to work with superstar singer Justin Timberlake - after being impressed with the talents of his &#39;N Sync band mate Jc Chasez.

The DJ’s recently worked with the hunky singer on an unnamed track for their upcoming album and the positive experience made them consider Timberlake&#39;s talents as well. Jaxx star Felix Buxton says, "He was nice you know. With JC, they phoned up and said &#39;Can you come down the studio?&#39; We said &#39;Yeah, sure.&#39; If we hadn&#39;t, we&#39;d have been without a singer probably. So it&#39;s worth just having everyone and anyone down the studio, you never know what&#39;s going to happen. And Justin can sing quite well and he&#39;d probably do us quite a few favours because people know him quite a lot I think."

In other news, the duo have turned down the chance to remix Britney Spears and Madonna’s new single - because they weren&#39;t allowed to listen to it. The pride themselves on their musical integrity, so refused to agree to work on the upcoming track, ‘Me Against The Music’, unless they could hear it first. Felix Buxton explains, "We were asked to remix the last Madonna and Britney record, but they said we couldn&#39;t hear the track. "They said, &#39;Do you want to do Madonna?&#39; We asked, &#39;Well, what does it sound like?&#39; They said &#39;It&#39;s the new Madonna single&#39; as if that was enough. We didn&#39;t have much time, and they did eventually send a thing of it, but it was all far too late."

Love&#39;s Tribute To Crowe

Russell Crowe has patched up his differences with rocker Courtney Love after hearing the song she wrote as a tribute to him. The couple spent the night together chatting and writing poetry after the 2001 Golden Globe Awards, and then Love upset the actor/rocker by fuelling speculation they were dating.

Love has since made amends by writing ‘Hold On To Me’ and dedicating it to Crowe and the inspiring night they spent together in a Hollywood hotel. She says, "I didn&#39;t have anybody to write about. I wanted something that was fresh, passionate, lusty, loving, and all night long, he held me and I cried. I wrote poetry everywhere - on his shirt, on the wall, everywhere. And I just cried and cried because I had not met another person who had eyes like mine, ever. He just held me and patted my head and said, &#39;You need a best friend. You need a big brother. And I&#39;m going to be your big brother. It was like I&#39;d found this, like, home. And so I had this idea and I had the chorus and the next day I went into a studio and recorded it, and the lyrics came to me. He&#39;s been very, very nice since he heard it."

Latest News On Australia&#39;s Favourite Sisters

DANNII MINOGUE has reunited with her French boyfriend - despite their romance being explained away by the pop star as a holiday fling. Dannii celebrate her 32nd birthday on Monday by partying with Jeremy Garamond and her fellow singer sister KYLIE - who was without her own French boyfriend Oliver Martinez. Despite Dannii&#39;s protestations, she was single again following her relationship with Garamond, the pair showed otherwise at London&#39;s Embassy club. A friend says, "She&#39;s keeping the relationship under wraps. They are back together again but she&#39;s not shouting about it from the rooftops. They are both happy to take it slowly, but there was no way she could have celebrated her birthday without him."

KYLIE MINOGUE has been exposed as a secret property tycoon - having amassed a portfolio of twenty houses around the world. Kylie has concentrated the A&#036;68 million fortune she has amassed from her show business career in property, after taking financial advise from her accountant father Ron. Kylie started her real estate career in her native Melbourne, Australia - concentrating on the inner-city suburb of Richmond, which has shot up in value in recent years.
Local estate agent Jeffrey Wilson says, "I don&#39;t know when Kylie bought her properties here, but if was ten years ago, she would see a 100 per cent increase in value. It&#39;s a very wise investment." Minogue now has twenty houses around the world, including Paris and London.

Celerystalksme
10-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Some More News...

Outkast On Needing Space

Outkast star Andre Benjamin has confirmed the duo are not about to split up - but he needs a little time away from partner Big Boi. Fans felt the fact the two hip-hop stars recorded two separate albums for their new ‘Speakerboxxx/The Love Below’ project was a clear sign that it was the beginning of the end.

Benjamin, aka Andre 3000, has hinted at a split in interviews. However, speaking with hip-hop bible XXL, he reassures fans there will be no split. He says, "I don&#39;t think we&#39;re gonna break up. But I do think that as you get older, you want to get in separate situations. It&#39;s like if you had a brother, and y&#39;all grew up, y&#39;all lives together. It comes a time when you got to move out the house and get your own spot. Y&#39;all still brothers forever. I want to see what I can do outside of what I&#39;m doing now." The duo are obliged to record three more albums as Outkast under their current recording contract.

Manson Almost Quit

Marylin Manson was so hurt by criticism following the Columbine High School tragedy, he considered giving up show business for good. The rocker was associated with the 1999 shooting terror at the Colorado school because the crazed teenagers - who murdered 12 students, a teacher and themselves in the massacre - were wearing Manson T-shirts. Conservatives then turned on Manson and his music for inciting hatred in America&#39;s youth. He says, "I would be at a restaurant and I would get dirty looks from normal people - people who weren&#39;t even right wing - and it was so defeating. It got to the point where I wasn&#39;t even sure if I wanted to be me anymore. I didn&#39;t know if it was worth it. I didn&#39;t know if it balanced out."

New Metallica Video

The members of legendary rock band Metallica are currently searching for a selection of celebrities to star in their upcoming music video. The rockers have already approached Terminator 2: Judgment Day actor Edward Furlong to star in the promo to their new single ‘Unnamed Feeling’, and they&#39;re now looking for other well known faces to make appearances. They&#39;re most keen on recruiting an actress in her early 20s to take on a major role in the video, but there is a catch - she has to be bald.

Kylie Minouge Tells About Dannii

Kylie Minouge has lifted the lid on her childhood squabbles with sister Dannii - branding her a "total pain in the neck". The two pop stars were fiercely competitive whilst they were growing up as child stars in their native Australia, and Kylie admits their parents had to resort to drastic measures to calm their fights. She laughs, "Dannii was a total pain in the neck. At one point, I&#39;d just had enough and decided that the room had to be divided up. Our parents put a wardrobe between the two halves of the room as a dividing line. But the stupid thing was that it could be opened from both sides, which meant that we annoyed each other all over again. We fought because I wanted to have my clothes to myself and Dannii always stole the coolest things out of the wardrobe. She just had fun taking my things." Thankfully, though, their relationship has improved dramatically since they became adults. Kylie adds, "I moved to London and she also moved there at some point. She was quite young at the time and I always felt that I had to protect her. But since then, she has turned into a grown woman with her own life. And because of that we get on much better now."

Gutter
10-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Deftones&#39; Chino loves Justin

Chino Moreno has confessed he&#39;s a fan of Justin Timberlake&#39;s music in this months Spin magazine. "I love the Justin Timberlake album&#33; I love it&#33; I listen to it every day," Chino gushes in the new issue of US mag Spin. "I get a lot of shit for that, but I don&#39;t care. Who&#39;s to say what&#39;s cool and shit? He&#39;s a dope-ass entertainer."

However Chino&#39;s wife, Mrs. Moreno, doesn&#39;t share his love: "I was going to see him in Vegas for my birthday, but my wife refused to go," he continues. "She&#39;s like, &#39;I&#39;m not going&#33; I hate Justin Timberlake&#33;&#39; Whatever. It&#39;s just good music, man - chill out&#33;"

haha

Celerystalksme
10-30-2003, 09:59 PM
:o what the??

My respect for Chino has just gone down a few spots...

Gutter
10-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@30 October 2003 - 21:59
:o what the??

My respect for Chino has just gone down a few spots...
the guy that reported that adds

I can confirm that when backstage at January&#39;s Australian tour Justin&#39;s album was often being played and Chino singing to it or dancing.

sigh... its a sad day for deftones fans

Celerystalksme
10-31-2003, 01:06 AM
Ok i just been reading all over the net...a few things i have seen...

Korn will tour Australia with FEAR FACTORY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; and STATIC-X&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

OMG i thought i would never get to see fear factory...but they have come back...

here is the news...

Australian promoter Michael Chugg has confirmed that KORN, FEAR FACTORY and STATIC-X will be teaming up for a three-date tour in February.

The dates are as follows:

Feb. 12 - Brisbane, AUS @ Entertainment Centre
Feb. 14 – Sydney, AUS @ Superdome
Feb. 16 - Melbourne, AUS @ Rod Laver Arena

Tickets go on sale November 14.

Although there has been no official word on the matter, FEAR FACTORY will reportedly be joined by STRAPPING YOUNG LAD bassist Byron Stroud for the upcoming dates. It is not presently clear if Stroud will extend his involvement with the group beyond the Australian tour.

Slipknot are back&#33;&#33;&#33;

Slipknot - it&#39;s real. Slipknot is in Cali right now recording a new album. The whole band - all nine members - living together, and recording where they are living. The man himself behind The Production Gospel According To Dave made a trip to the west coast just last week, and could not stop saying enough good things upon his return. The focus. The fire. The band should be cutting guitars this week. Rick Rubin is producing this beast, and recording should be complete before the end of the year.

It has been a long time coming. Slipknot, currently holed up in the Houdini Mansion in California with producer Rick Rubin, is working on writing and recording their third full length.

What else? They&#39;re back, online. www.slipknot1.com.

Gutter
11-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Feldmann and ALF

Goldfinger front man and animal rights activist John Feldmann and his wife Amy, were featured on the syndicated television show, Celebrity Justice, last week. The segment dealt with an incident that occurred on October 3rd, when the couple&#39;s Los Angeles area home was raided by over 30 law enforcement officials after they were falsely suspected of taking part in an act of vandalism against the home of Jerry Greenwalt, the General Manager for the Los Angeles Department of Animal Services. The Feldmann&#39;s home was searched for over three hours.

Greenwalt has been targeted by animal activists in the past several months. More information on the campaign against Greenwalt can be found at http://www.animaldefense.com/firegreenwalt.html.
According to news media, Greenwalt&#39;s home and car were vandalized and the letters "ALF" were allegedly scrawled on the property, which is usually associated with the Animal Liberation Front, an anonymous underground organization that liberates animals and engages in economic sabotage against animal abusers. Traditionally, these actions are "claimed" by the ALF by contacting animal rights groups, but so far no one has claimed responsibility.

The Feldmann&#39;s have admitted to taking part in a non-violent protest outside of Greenwalt&#39;s home and they believe that they were mistakenly singled out after a witness wrote down Amy&#39;s license plate number as she was peacefully passing out animal rights literature and flyers in the neighborhood, preparing people for the event. On the day of the incident, a spokesperson for the couple issued the following statement: "The Feldmann&#39;s have no idea why they have been targeted, but they maintain their compassion for all living beings. This unfortunate event only emphasizes the fact that law enforcement continues to support the abusers, while terrorizing those with compassion for all life. We will not stand by and let this continue to occur." Law enforcement officials have yet to identify the actual suspect and the case remains open.

Gutter
11-05-2003, 04:23 AM
&#39;Punkvoter&#39; founder aims to unify youth vote
By Sasha Johnson
CNN Political Unit
Tuesday, November 4, 2003 Posted: 8:27 PM EST (0127 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Would a plea from the lead singer of "Anti-Flag," "Bouncing Souls," "Frenzal Rhomb" or "Sick Of It All" get you to turn out and vote in the 2004 presidential election?

Probably not if you&#39;re a mainstream music fan downloading the latest tune from Britney Spears. But, if you&#39;re an avid young punk music lover, it just might do the trick.

At least that&#39;s what "NOFX" lead singer and founder of "Punkvoter" Mike Burkett is hoping. Burkett or "Fat Mike" as he&#39;s known to his legion of fans, is teaming up with roughly 50 punk bands and a dozen record labels to form Punkvoter, a group designed to register, educate and push 500,000 18-24 year-olds to the polls next year.

"So many millions of people don&#39;t feel like their vote has any meaning," says Burkett. "There is no reason why younger people can&#39;t be a unified force."

Trying to recruit the politically important younger voting bloc is not a new concept. Presidential candidates, the major political parties, MTV, the World Wrestling Federation and other groups have all tried to come up with innovative ways to make participating in the electoral process "cool" for younger voters.

The results have been mixed. In the 2000 presidential election, turnout among 18-24 year-olds hovered around 29 percent, a slight jump from the 1996 election but a far cry from the almost 38 percent that turned out when Bill Clinton ran for the first time in 1992.

Burkett claims his group is different in that he is not simply sending young adults to the polls. His focus and the purpose of Punkvoter is to get these voters to cast their ballots against President George W. Bush.

The 36-year-old California native said he is trying to harness his residual anger over the outcome of the 2000 election and his current dissatisfaction with the direction of the country by mobilizing punk fans around the activist principles of the "loud, fast, aggressive" and "real" music.

"Bush getting elected was good for punk music," says Burkett. "Now people have something to get pissed off about."

Punk music lacks the coherent melodies and upbeat lyrics that would give this musical genre mass appeal. But, according to Burkett, punk is more than just music to listen to; it has a message. "Punk is historically protest music, not just about politics, but protest against society as well," he said.

"The War on Errorism," the latest release from his band NOFX, definitely has a political message. The disc contains a roughly eight-minute video about President Bush&#39;s election and the 2000 recount debacle in Florida.

Right now, Burkett is the driving force behind Punkvoter. The nascent grassroots group just re-launched its Web site (www.punkvoter.com). Besides the anti-Bush downloads, visitors can peruse "guest columns" where punk-rock heavyweights sound off on the "Patriot Act," why voting matters and the importance of uniting the punk scene before November 2004.

Burkett said his group has no immediate plans to endorse one of the nine Democrats running for the White House. "Anyone but Bush is a better candidate," he said. However, he acknowledged that the issue positions he and Punkvoter espouse fall to the left of most of the Democratic candidates with a realistic shot of beating the president.

This election cycle, he&#39;s willing to make compromises. "I like Dennis Kucinich. But I want someone who can beat Bush," he said.

Before Tuesday&#39;s "Rock the Vote" forum hosted by CNN&#39;s Anderson Cooper, Burkett hopes to deliver questionnaires to the Democratic candidates asking them to detail their positions on such issues as the war, the RAVE Act and, of course, their favorite music.

Under the so-called RAVE Act (short for Reducing Americans&#39; Vulnerability to Ecstasy Act) event promoters and club owners can be held liable for "knowingly" allowing drug use or sales on their premises by patrons of RAVE parties or other events.

Through Punkvoter, Burkett is planning a "Rock Against Bush" concert tour next year which will take some of the big name punk bands through college campuses in key states such as Florida, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington.

A stop is planned in New York City during the Republican Convention at the end of August. Also, two or three "Rock Against Bush" compilation CDs are set to release during the campaign season.

One of Punkvoter&#39;s main missions is registration. Besides the Web site, Burkett plans to use registration tables on the "Rock Against Bush" tour and at smaller shows to reach the group&#39;s goal of 500,000 new voters.

Besides being the energy behind Punkvoter, Burkett is also bankrolling the effort, although he is starting to fund-raise on a small level. Burkett has been on the punk scene since 1983 and he said he understands the importance of grabbing the attention of young fans, and in this case young voters.

He plans to run print ads and buy TV ad time in swing states once the campaign begins in earnest.

"Just to try and get kids to vote, that&#39;s not enough," he says. "Kids don&#39;t pay attention, they don&#39;t read the news. I want to show them what it&#39;s all about."

taken from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/03/elec04.punkvoter/index.html)

Celerystalksme
11-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Evanescence Guitarist Leaves

EVANESCENCE lead guitarist Ben Moody has abandoned the group&#39;s world tour, and planned to meet today with representatives of his record label in Los Angeles.
"Ben is not on the current dates,&#39;&#39; Steve Karas, a spokesman for Wind-up Records and one of Evanescence&#39;s producers said.

There is no word on when - or if - he will rejoin the group, Karas said. Moody was spotted Monday night by staff at Juanita&#39;s, a Little Rock bar. Karas wouldn&#39;t say when or why Moody left the group.

Evanescence&#39;s CD Fallen,&#39; featuring the hit Bring Me to Life from the movie Daredevil, has sold more than 6 million copies worldwide since its March debut, according to Wind-up Records.

The rock group is scheduled to perform Nov. 16 at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles, where they&#39;re nominated for best pop/rock album. It wasn&#39;t immediately known whether Moody would make that appearance.

Evanescence has been on tour since August and is scheduled to play dates in Glasgow, Scotland, and London this week with another Wind-up act, Finger Eleven. The band also is set to play Nov. 19 in Mexico City before returning to the United States for a set of concerts with Seether and Finger Eleven starting Nov. 21 in Tucson, Arizona.

Moody&#39;s departure comes after the band was named Best International New Artist at the MTV Latin Awards in Miami Beach, Florida, on Oct. 23. The group also is up for three MTV Europe Awards - best group, best new act and best song - to be awarded Thursday in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Moody and lead singer Amy Lee started the band in Little Rock after meeting at an Arkansas summer camp when they were in school. The duo started writing songs together soon afterward and played locally before they became popular worldwide.

Celerystalksme
11-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Shirley & Marilyn Duet

The Mansons are getting together, Garbage singer Shirley and shock, rocker Marilyn are in talks about recording a duet. The scary pair met over the weekend to discuss the project, and hope to release a single together early next year. Shirley says, "There&#39;s been talk of me collaborating with Marilyn Manson for a duet because we both feel it would be a riot. There have been moments where we have both looked like each other&#33; I saw him at the weekend and we are still talking about it. We both know it will produce something special."

Celerystalksme
11-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Adam&#39;s And Di

BEFORE they met, Bryan Adams wrote a song about his fascination with Princess Diana and how she "drove him wild".

Now the Canadian rocker&#39;s former girlfriend claims the pair went on to have an affair.

Former Bond girl Cecilie Thomsen, who dated Adams for 12 years, says he cheated on her with the Princess.

She claims the affair took place in 1996 after Diana split from Prince Charles and that it was one of the causes of her own break-up with the singer.

Her allegations, which have not been denied by Adams, emerged after Diana&#39;s butler, Paul Burrell, claimed the Princess had nine secret lovers, including a famous musician.

"I know Diana had an affair with Bryan," the Danish actress said yesterday.

"Bryan knew Paul Burrell very well. Paul was part of the inner circle around Bryan and he introduced him to Diana. "The first time Bryan met Diana I wasn&#39;t invited. Ours was a stormy relationship and Bryan&#39;s affair with Diana didn&#39;t make it easier."

Miss Thomsen, 28, who appeared in Tomorrow Never Dies,&nbsp; met Adams when she was 16 after he plucked her out of the audience at a concert. She tried to turn a blind eye to the affair because she felt the need to compromise in their relationship.

She even attended the Princess&#39;s funeral with Adams. "I was sitting in the church with mixed emotions," she said of the service in 1997.

But she and Adams did not finally part until last year.

Adams, who turned 44 yesterday, achieved worldwide success with songs including Heaven,&nbsp; Run To You and Summer of &#39;69.

Although he has a home in New York, he lives mainly in London in a &#036;2.5 million warehouse-style home.

When Paul Burrell was evicted from his grace-and-favour home a year after Diana&#39;s death, Adams offered him a place to stay.

His song about the Princess, which was called Diana, was on the B side of Heaven, a No. 1 hit in 1985.

The following year the Princess met him at a concert in Vancouver.

Earlier this year Adams said: "We met many times and had become very good friends by the end of her life."

Yesterday Adams said: "Miss Thomsen doesn&#39;t know anything about my friendship with Diana, nor does anyone else.

"Anything you have read from these reports is pure conjec-ture and supposition."

Gutter
11-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Sony / BMG Plan Merger.

Today Sony Corp. and Bertelsmann AG announced their plan to merge their music divisions (Sony Music and BMG), creating the second-largest record company in the world (after Universal). The companies will each own half of the new label group, to be called Sony BMG. Bands affected by this deal include Cave In, The Blood Brothers, Reel Big Fish, Modest Mouse, Foo Fighters, Ben Kweller, The Forces Of Evil, The Ataris, The Mooney Suzuki, Juliana Theory, The Offspring, Zebrahead, Goldfinger and Gob.

The deal is pending approval from the European Union&#39;s competition regulators. Further consolidation of the major labels is expected soon, as a deal between EMI and Warner is on the horizon. It&#39;s not too unlikely that there will be three (3&#33;) massive major labels by this time next year.

Gutter
11-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Face to Face Retires

After twelve years and six records, Face to Face has retired.

Back in &#39;95 when this was new I guess I didn&#39;t have a clue I thought the world could change with the right song"
So sang Trever Keith on "Shoot the Moon". He could not have been more wrong. The world can change with the right song and has indeed been changed by Face To Face and their songs.

From their landmark debut, Don&#39;t Turn Away---generally considered one of the best punk rock albums of the 90&#39;s---through the ahead-of-its-time Ignorance Is Bliss, to their latest, How To Ruin Everything, Face To Face not only carried the torch passed to them from the likes of Bad Religion, The Adolescents and Social Distortion, they took it into brave new creative territory with each album, and in doing so influenced countless young punk bands who came after them.

If this sounds like an obituary, well, it is.

After nearly 13 years, 6 albums, and countless tours of the US and abroad, Face To Face is calling it quits.

Founder and main songwriter Trever Keith has simply stated, " We&#39;ve said what we had to say."

Although Face to Face has endured their share of lineup changes, the decision to split has nothing to do with creative or personal differences. "This is a mutual split, we like to think that we have the good sense to know when a band has run it&#39;s course and for us the time has come. Besides, you never want to be the last one to leave the party" says Scott Shiflett, bassist and songwriter. Keith adds, "We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to our fans and supporters over the years, and we would like to extend our most heartfelt thanks."

Just because they are retiring from the road and studio does not mean the band won&#39;t be busy. Keith has started up a record label called Sound on Sound for which the band is in the process of compiling a career retrospective CD and companion DVD and Shiflett (with Keith) recently completed work on the second Viva Death album.

Gutter
11-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Descendents&#33;

The new full-length CD is slated for release in March of 2004, with an EP on its way in January, both on Fat Wreck Chords.

&nbsp; &nbsp; The EP is entitled &#39;Merican, and includes four new tracks: "&#39;Nothing With You", "&#39;Merican", "Here With Me", and "I Quit". Stay tuned for more info as it develops.

Rock Against Bush

MTV News is reporting that Fat Mike&#39;s Rock Against Bush tour and compilation are coming together. Bands involved include the Alkaline Trio, Green Day, NOFX, Pennywise, Good Charlotte and Sum 41 among others.

The bands will each contribute a track to a Fat Wreck Chords compilation that that aims to raise political awareness and encourage punk fans to vote against George W. Bush in the next presidential election. Green Day, NOFX and the Alkaline Trio will record new songs for the album. The other groups haven&#39;t yet announced whether their tracks will be new or previously released. Expect the disc in stores by April or May.

All the bands involved are playing at least one show on the Rock Against Bush Tour, which will run in two legs. The first will take place around the release of the album, with the second to occur closer to the election. Punkvoter.com will have voter registration booths setup at all the shows, which are planned to be free and staged mostly at college campuses. The tour may be called the Punkvoter tour since many college campuses and radio stations may not promote it under that name. All proceeds from the album will go toward print and television ads that will encourage punks to oust Bush from office.

"We&#39;re just going to put true facts on TV," Fat Mike said to MTV, "and one or two famous punk rockers will be reading them." With no profits from the album and free shows, Fat Mike is prepared to pick up most of the costs from the effort, "I&#39;m planning on losing a lot of money, but I don&#39;t care. This is something I really believe in."

NOFX singer/bassist Fat Mike spoke to MTV about the effort "About a year ago I decided to use my influence to get bands together to speak out about the president... I think it&#39;s our responsibility as citizens and musicians to do so. He&#39;s wrecking the country and the world. He&#39;s starting wars for no reason, our economy is in the toilet, he&#39;s ruining the environment, and he does things like cut taxes when we need money... We&#39;re trying to build a coalition of kids 18 to 25... We want punks and other disenfranchised young people to vote as a block, which no one has ever done before. Kids are the biggest group of people that don&#39;t vote. We want to change that."

Eminem Reconstructing Tupac

This year, Eminem was given the extraordinary opportunity to put his own spin on Pac&#39;s music when he was enlisted to produce tracks for the soundtrack to MTV Films&#39; "Tupac: Resurrection." Even as he sits at the top of his game, producing the late master was an assignment Eminem never thought would come his way.

"Nah, I&#39;d be like, &#39;Get the f--- out of here,&#39; " Em said about ever imagining producing for one of his idols. "When they told me I got a chance to do anything for this [soundtrack], I was like, &#39;OK, gimme it.&#39;

"I just got sent a bunch of Tupac a cappellas and went crazy with them," he said about the initial stages of the production process. "Whatever I could salvage out of anything, I just banged out a bunch of tracks. It&#39;s not difficult when you get somebody like Tupac and you already have their vocals. All you gotta do is find the tempo of the song, and you just build the beat around it. That&#39;s what I like to do anyway. For two or three weeks straight, we just went at it."

The first release from the soundtrack is "Running (Dying to Live)" and is a remake of a posse cut called "Running From the Police," where, most notably, Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. were featured. To breathe new life into the record, Em incorporated a sample of Edgar Winter&#39;s "Dying to Live," in addition to snippets of Tupac and Biggie interviews.

"It was obviously one of their earlier songs," Em explained. "The movie is documentary style so I tried to make the song documentary style. You hear Tupac coming in with basically the last interview that he did.&nbsp; He was down-talking Biggie. Then after Biggie&#39;s verse, you hear Biggie trying to downplay the [beef], basically trying to dismiss it as if it was nothing.

Penn State Students To Get Free Napster Next Semester

Approximately 18,000 students living in residence halls across a dozen PSU campuses, including the main one in University Park, will be given complimentary memberships to the premium service of Napster 2.0, which re-launched as a paid digital-music service last week. The service, which ordinarily costs &#036;9.95 per month, gives them the ability to stream an unlimited number of songs from Napster&#39;s library of more than 500,000, as well as be able to download any song with limited playback options. Referred to as "tethered downloads," these songs may be played on up to three personal computers and are accessible both online and off. Songs may be burned to CDs or transferred to a portable digital-music player, like Napster&#39;s own player, for 99 cents apiece.

Napster&#39;s return to the dorms, where Northeastern University freshman Shawn Fanning launched a beta version of the software four years ago, begins January 12. Later next year Penn State plans to offer the service to 83,000 people throughout the university system.

"This will be the first step in a new, legal approach designed to meet student interest in getting extensive digital access to music," Penn State president Graham Spanier said. "We have already set up student focus groups at Penn State who have been testing the Napster service. We will essentially deploy thousands of testers in the spring semester to use this program and give us feedback before we roll it out for even wider student use in the fall of 2004."

Students will not be paying anything extra for the Napster service. The cost will be taken out of the school&#39;s information technology fee, which is already in place.
More on Students To Get Free Napster (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1480272/20031107/story.jhtml)

Gutter
11-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Joey Ramone Place To Be Named On November 30th

Rolling Stone is reporting that the corner of Second Street and the Bowery in New York City will officially be named "Joey Ramone Place" on November 30th. The corner will be on the north side of the block that&#39;s home to legendary club CBGB (wo celebrates their thirtieth anniversary next month). The naming ceremony is scheduled to take place at 1 pm on the 30th. Ramone&#39;s fans had been petitioning for the city&#39;s recognition after the Ramones vocalist&#39;s death from Cancer in April 2001

CBGB owner Hilly Kristal spoke with the magazine, "As far as the city recognizing Joey, it&#39;s about time... The Ramones meant a lot to this city and to music. They were the original punk rock band. Their longevity supersedes anybody who sold more records, and the consistency and meaning of their name is greater than anybody in the punk rock field."

Gutter
11-15-2003, 03:43 AM
MP3.com Hosting Changing in December

Yesterday, MP3.com announced that it has been (partially) acquired by CNET Networks Inc. According to the release: "all content will be deleted from our servers and all previously submitted tapes, CD-ROMs and other media in our possession will be destroyed. We recommend that you make alternative content hosting arrangements as soon as practicable."

This may prove to be bad news for the many, many independent and unsigned bands out there who counted on MP3.com to get their music heard. It&#39;s not clear what the new services to be provided will be, and whether they will be pay-only or not.

Guttermouth Writing New Album

Guttermouth are writing songs for their follow-up to 2002&#39;s Gusto, an album the band seems to be displeased with considering the comments made in their recent website update. Here&#39;s a snip:
Scott and I have been writing crap for the new record, but this time it isn&#39;t crap. We will release some tracks very soon so as you all can see and hear what direction we are headed this time. I can tell you that the fucked up state of this disgusting world we all live in has influenced our writing greatly.
Word `round the campfire is that the band has left Epitaph and will be shopping this release to other labels. No official word on that from anyone yet.

Keep On Flogging Molly

Flogging Molly are working ona new album. Singer/songwriter Dave slipped during an interview yesterday that there will be a lot more "moody" stuff on the next one together with the Flogging Molly Goodness.

Beach Boys in legal battle with each other

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Beach Boys co-founder Al Jardine has won an appeal against ex-bandmate Mike Love, clearing the way for a breach-of-fiduciary-duty lawsuit against Love.

"This is the first step in a long journey," Jardine told Billboard.

Love became the sole licensee to perform under the Beach Boys name in 1998, when bandmate Carl Wilson died. In 2001, Love sued Jardine in California superior court to prevent Jardine from using the band&#39;s name when he toured. According to the complaint, Jardine had been touring under the names "Beach Boys Family & Friends," "Al Jardine, Beach Boy" and "Al Jardine of the Beach Boys."

At the time, the lower court ruled in Love&#39;s favor, denying Jardine use of the name. Jardine then appealed the decision, seeking &#036;4 million in damages.

By now, the damage amount has ballooned to "something in the tens of millions of dollars," says Jardine. "But it&#39;s about much more than just the money. I want to be able to tour again, and to be able to identify myself as a Beach Boy again."

In the latest decision, the California Court of Appeal on October 29 ruled that Love acted wrongfully in freezing Jardine out of touring under the Beach Boys name. Other defendants in the appeal included Brian Wilson; Wilson&#39;s wife, Melinda Wilson; the trust of the late Carl Wilson and Brother Records, Inc.

A trial date is expected in mid-2004.

The revolution that saved rock A new boxed set celebrates &#39;70s punk (http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/13/punk.box/index.html)
click to read full story

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/13/punk.box/cover.punk.jpg

WHERE ARE THE SEX PISTOLS?

One key band is missing from "No Thanks": the Sex Pistols.

Try as it might, Rhino couldn&#39;t get permission to use any Pistols songs.

"It hurts me not to have them," says set producer Gary Stewart. "We can&#39;t pretend it doesn&#39;t matter. It&#39;s like a British Invasion set without the Beatles."

So, in the back of the "No Thanks" booklet, there&#39;s an apology: "We tried our best to get the Pistols on this set; it just didn&#39;t work out. And let&#39;s be honest: &#39;Never Mind the Bollocks&#39; -- the punk equivalent of &#39;Sgt. Peppers&#39; -- is a more essential purchase than this set."

After encouraging listeners to buy "Bollocks" -- if they haven&#39;t already -- Stewart signs off, "Apology accepted?"

Well, OK.

Gutter
11-18-2003, 03:06 AM
Cure B-Sides Boxed Set Coming In January

Before the band&#39;s new album hits, fans of The Cure can expect a four-disc boxed set titled Join the Dots: B-Sides and Rarities, 1978-2001 (The Fiction Years) on January 27th from Fiction/Elektra/Rhino. Frontman Robert Smith supervised the project, which includes a 76-page booklet with track-by-track commentary from Smith and bassist Simon Gallup. This marks the band&#39;s final release on Fiction/Elektra, as their new studio album will be released on Ross Robinson&#39;s I Am Records imprint.

Gutter
11-20-2003, 03:06 AM
Video In The Works For Strummer&#39;s &#39;Redemption Song&#39;

Anti (http://www.anti.com/)&#39;s website is reporting on the new video in production for Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros&#39; cover of "Redemption Song." The video was shot by director Josh Cheuse in NYC at Jesse Malin’s Avenue A bar Niagara. Here&#39;s the report:
The video begins with classic scenes of the NY skyline – the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building – then blends into familiar street-level sights and sounds of the city. Speeding taxis and screeching fire trucks fly by as a crew of graffiti artists and painters descends upon a blank wall to begin working furiously on a mural. As the artists consult a sketchbook, the screen is filled with a montage of archival photos and live footage of JOE (including The Clash at Shea Stadium and on the roof of Bonds, and never-before-seen footage of JOE STRUMMER AND THE MESCALEROS at Brixton Academy). By this time New Yorkers of all ages and ethnicities are watching the artists and listening to the song. Some familiar faces from the crowd include JOE’s friends such as Jim Jarmusch, Steve Buscemi, Matt Dillon, Jesse Malin, Cara Seymore (Adaptation, Gangs of New York), Cinque Lee (Spike’s brother and co-star, along with STRUMMER and Buscemi, of the Jarmusch-helmed Mystery Train), plus all of Rancid – Tim Armstrong, Matt Freeman, Brett Reed and Lars Frederiksen.

As more details come into focus on the mural, it becomes obvious it’s of STRUMMER. The clip ends with passersby lighting candles and leaving tokens at the base of mural, which reads “Joe Strummer 1952-2002.”

this looks to be an awesome video&#33;

Joe Strummer 1952-2002

Gutter
11-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Rancid, AFI, Thrice & more @ KROQ&#39;s Acoustic Christmas

KROQ Acoustic Christmas 2003 is taking place in December at the Universal Amphitheatre. The shows are sold out at the moment, so check with the radio station for chances to win tickets. There are two days of the event, December 13th includes AFI, Pennywise, Thrice, the Distillers and the Offspring, among other modern rock acts. December 14th features Rancid, Brand New, Blink-182 and others. Check kroq.com (http://www.kroq.com/) for more info.

Celerystalksme
11-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Just because i love delta and hate kylie i will post this...(and cause i love aussie music)

Innocent Eyes have it
By Cathy McCabe
November 25, 2003

DELTA Goodrem has led an historic Australian assault on the pop charts, with local albums claiming the ARIA top five for the first time.
Goodrem&#39;s phenomenal debut album Innocent Eyes managed to keep Kylie Minogue&#39;s new album, Body Language, from a No.1 chart debut.

John Farnham&#39;s greatest hits One Voice claimed No.3, the Australian Idol finale kept the contestants&#39; compilation at No.4 and Powderfinger&#39;s Vulture Street stayed strong at No.5.

Goodrem&#39;s Innocent Eyes has also spent 25 weeks at No.1, equalling the record held by John Farnham with Whispering Jack.

It has sold more than 700,000 copies since its release in March and continues to be snapped up by more than 20,000 fans a week.

Remarkably, the Australian releases performed strongly against new albums from international superstars - Blink 182&#39;s self-titled album (No.7), Michael Jackson&#39;s Number Ones (No.8), Britney Spears&#39; In The Zone (No.10), Let It Be ... Naked by The Beatles (No.11) and Lost Dogs from Pearl Jam (No.19).

"While this is certainly a special day for Delta Goodrem, the industry must all feel very proud of the album charts today," Sony Music Australia chairman Denis Handlin said yesterday.

"To have the top five albums on the chart be all Australian only four weeks out from Christmas should make all Australians proud and it is a very healthy sign of the times for the Australian music industry."

An ARIA spokesman said yesterday&#39;s historic result marked the first time since the ARIAnet system was introduced in 1988 that five Australian albums had claimed the top of the charts.

In October 2000, four local albums - Light Years by Minogue, Powderfinger&#39;s Odyssey No.5, the official Sydney Olympics CD and Madison Avenue&#39;s Polyester Embassy - held the top four positions.

With the record industry entering its most competitive and lucrative trading period, the major labels will be unleashing a marketing blitz to win the coveted No.1 at Christmas.

International albums which could upset the current Australian dominance include the Red Hot Chili Peppers&#39; Greatest Hits, No Doubt&#39;s hits compilation The Diary Of Alicia Keys, The Offspring&#39;s Splinter, TLC&#39;s The Hits and Jay Z&#39;s The Black Album.

Tasty
11-27-2003, 11:10 PM
A man who identified himself as a news and photo agency reporter was arrested after allegedly climbing aboard Michael Jackson &#39;s private jet while the pop star surrendered to authorities on a child-molestation warrant, police said.

The revelation Wednesday followed news that Jackson and his attorney were secretly videotaped aboard the plane, triggering an FBI investigation and a lawsuit by Jackson against the charter jet company.

The possibility of a connection between the alleged trespass and the videotapes was under investigation, but no connection had been made, Santa Barbara police Sgt. Dave Gonzalez said Wednesday.

Lee Kevin Madden, 27, was arrested Nov. 20 after Jackson&#39;s security staff discovered him aboard the plane and held him for Santa Barbara police, Gonzalez said.

At that time, Jackson was being booked by sheriff&#39;s investigators at the county jail.

Madden, of Los Angeles, had a video camera, digital camera, notepad and metal clipboard, and claimed to be a reporter with the Splash news and picture agency, Gonzalez said.

Madden was booked for investigation of misdemeanor trespassing and released.

A message left by The Associated Press seeking comment from the Marina del Rey offices of Splash was not immediately returned, as well as a message left at a number listed under Madden&#39;s name.

Splash identifies itself on its Web site as an independent entertainment news and picture agency, with corporate headquarters in London.

The Web site displayed photos showing interior shots of an airplane cabin with a black fedora identified as Jackson&#39;s hat atop a seat, and an exterior shot of the aircraft in a hangar with someone identified as Jackson descending its stairs to surrender.

The discovery of the videotapes came to light this week when the charter company, XtraJet, of Santa Monica, showed them to news organizations.

Jackson attorney Mark Geragos immediately alleged violation of attorney-client privilege and sued XtraJet. A judge barred the company from releasing the tapes and doing anything with the jet until Jackson&#39;s attorneys can inspect it.

Gutter
12-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Joey Ramone Day in NYC

Yesterday Joey Ramone Place was dedicated in New York City on the corner of the Bowery & 2nd Street. There are pictures taken at the event posted here, scroll down to see the street sign. At the event, the city of New York officially proclaimed 11/30/2003 to be Joey Ramone Day.

Those in attendance included "Tommy & Marky Ramone, Joey&#39;s mother, brother, & uncle, Hilly Kristal, Legs McNeil & John Holmstrom of Punk Magazine, Little Steven, Chris Frantz & Tina Weymouth of the Talking Heads, Jim Jarmusch, Lenny Kaye" and others. Getting the sign up has not been without it&#39;s mishaps, as no less than four days ago the unveiled sign was discovered to have been mislabeled "Joey Ramone Way" (it&#39;s since been corrected).

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/SIGNINCBGB.jpg

Tommy and Marky Ramone
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/Tommy%20&%20Marky%20Ramone.jpg

Little Steven
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/Little%20Steven.jpg

Joey&#39;s mother, with the Joey Ramone Day proclamation from New York City
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/Joeys%20mother.jpg

Joey Ramone Place on the corner of the Bowery & 2nd Street, right by CBGBs
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/Joey%20Ramone%20Place.jpg

Gutter
12-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Independent record labels and their attempt to remove their labels from RIAA control

November 26, 2003

BOB EDWARDS, host:

This is MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I&#39;m Bob Edwards.

A number of independent record labels want to sever their ties with the Recording Industry Association of America. The problem is, they never became members of the association in the first place. The record labels say they were wrongly listed as members on the RIAA Web site. Joel Rose of member station WHYY reports.

JOEL ROSE reporting:

Erin Kelly-Burkett started Fat Wreck Chords in the late 1980s . . .

Yes Fat Wreck Chords, Relapse Records and a few others
labels were slightly involved with the RIAA and wished to be removed from The List (http://www.riaa.com/about/members/default.asp) of members currently associated with them.

I am unable to bring up the rest of this transcript because 1) I couldn&#39;t type as fast as I heard the report on the radio this morning and 2) I do not wish to pay for an online transcript from here: Purchase an online transcript (approx. 1157 words) of this story (http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?s_hidethis=no&p_product=NR&p_theme=nr&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_text_search-0=riaa%20AND%20fat&p_field_label-0=Source&s_dispstring=riaa%20fat%20AND%20date(11/1/2003%20to%2012/31/2003)&p_field_date-0=YMD_date&p_params_date-0=date:B,E&p_text_date-0=11/1/2003%20to%2012/31/2003&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no)

I believe you can listen to the report by clicking here:
http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1522790

Then Click on:
http://www.npr.org/images/audiospeakericon.gif Morning Edition audio