PDA

View Full Version : New law in my country!! HELP

Jabbe
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Hello,

Today we in sweden got a new "wonderful" :angry: law.
The new law is called IPRED, I dont know if this is the international name for it.

But I think there is a law like this in England, its based so that international companys (movie, music company) can send a lawsuite if the find out that someone on your internet adress (ip-adress) downloaded something that they have copyright for.

So my question is if there is any good service, like VPN or something like it.

I have tested some vpn services but the speed isnt that good, so if you have a way to use the whole speed of the internet, please help out.

Thanks and have a nice day:D

alcoholik
02-25-2009, 08:35 PM
down with IPRED

det suger -.-

Lew
02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
today? wasnt it supposed to enter in April?

RedRansom
02-25-2009, 08:49 PM
get a seedbox and use with ssh tunnel or proxy server

central2rbay
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh man... yuck... wish a heavy anchor could carry that law down to the bottom of the sea!

Tokeman
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Meh, we've had these lawsuits flying around the USA for a while now and I've never had an issue. Just use invite only sites with no open signups to reduce chances of being caught.

Works for me.

no_bother
02-25-2009, 09:20 PM
VPN are expensive,. they target public trackers. We have a three strieks rule here, and I havent had a warning, and have had over 500GB of traffic since they brought in the new law. Dont worry about it!

Jabbe
02-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Meh, we've had these lawsuits flying around the USA for a while now and I've never had an issue. Just use invite only sites with no open signups to reduce chances of being caught.

Works for me.

Ok, thanks for the info:D

Do you know how many lawsuite that "fly" around in the USA?

Do you know if they first send you a letter (mail) saying somthing like this "Stop downloading or ......." or do they just send the bill without the "warning" mail.

I really dont think this is the way to "fix" the copyright problem, I think most peaple just watch the movie/serie one time then the delete it, why not make a service like spotify, streaming service with a fee???

today? wasnt it supposed to enter in April?

Thats correct, but the goverment voted for it today, and it went thought 255 yes and 35 no......... so one month left until april:angry:

Thanks for the info, what is a GOOD seedbox (price, speed....)

VPN are expensive,. they target public trackers. We have a three strieks rule here, and I havent had a warning, and have had over 500GB of traffic since they brought in the new law. Dont worry about it!

"We have a three strieks rule..." nice, sound really good. So If I stay on the private its almost safe!

Thanks!!

RedRansom
02-25-2009, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the info, what is a GOOD seedbox (price, speed....)
that is about what do you want actually only ssh or seedbox+ssh(you can also use ftp for download files to home)
cheapvps.info/for only ssh with other hand kimsufi.com
but if you have a friend with other countries you can also want to set up a proxy server or vpn service...
but if you ask me no need to worry about use home connection :01: cuz i dont think all torrent pirates using torrent with legally

Jabbe
02-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks for all answers!!

Hmmm i have a question about torrent sites with ssl encryption, is this more safe than sites without ssl?

hmmm what is ssl:D, and whats it for.

johhn
02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks for all answers!!

Hmmm i have a question about torrent sites with ssl encryption, is this more safe than sites without ssl?

hmmm what is ssl:D, and whats it for.
see for youself here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security
many trackers provides ssl now and many elite trackers use https only, like ftn,fsc,ftwr,etc. it can be bit of slower when browsing them than the normal http but it is indeed safer, it is there for a reason.

if you are really concerned about you security, a seedbox under some1 else name or a fake ID/address would be a good option, plus you can use ssl or sftp to transfer downloads from server to you local pc.

horiZen
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
pay for a server that does not log your ip, it costs $ but you dont get much better than that ; -
you can ssl into server and retrieve/send data via your desired protocol be it https or ftp/udp etc,etc

danio
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
pay for a server that does not log your ip, it costs $ but you dont get much better than that ; -
you can ssl into server and retrieve/send data via your desired protocol be it https or ftp/udp etc,etc

one thing you forgot to mention is that the server would have to be located in a nation with not so strict anti-piracy rules, or be registered under false identity and be payed for in such a way that the money can't be traced back to you.. the latter seems extremely unconvenient so ordering a box from a "safe" country would be the way to go.

regarding ssl on trackers, it doesn't protect you at all against this. the anti-piracy organisations doesn't operate by eaves-dropping at random people.. they download from trackers and log the communication, and the headers with the ip is of course not encrypted.

kondrae
02-26-2009, 07:39 AM
if its the same law as in usa or uk, just stick to private trackers and you'll be good.

Dolphin
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Blah, it's absolutely nothing to be afraid of... just keep on downloading like usually and if u get a mail, probably wont happen, then stop downloading for a period of time.....

danio
03-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Blah, it's absolutely nothing to be afraid of... just keep on downloading like usually and if u get a mail, probably wont happen, then stop downloading for a period of time.....

problem is that we probably won't receive any e-mails. this law isn't forcing isps to cut off your connection after several offenses and sending out warning letters. it's about giving the industry the ability to force isps to give out identities behind ips, by going to a civil court with a screenshot. you will then have two options.. pay them the compensations they demand, or take it to the civil court and risk getting ruined by the expenses.

i'm sure this is nothing new to people in many countries today but to us, it is :P.

Magic-Man
03-04-2009, 10:05 AM
SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
it's just an authentication and encryption protocol and it's harder to see the trafic you are doing with the other side it's all encrypted
also make sure that u use the encrypt option in your client (utorrent have it)

gtf0
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
https://www.relakks.com/

b3owulf
03-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I sugest you looking here >>> Outsystem (http://www.outsystem.pl/). Excellent speed and space for really good prices ;) And yeah, DONT USE TPB AND MININOVA!

utalker
03-06-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't understand they way the government thinks. Are they going to chase the all the kids and make the parants pay around 35 000$. It's just crazy.

alcoholik
03-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't understand they way the government thinks. Are they going to chase the all the kids and make the parants pay around 35 000$. It's just crazy.

no. the new generation of kids don't have money. everyone study in school