PDA

View Full Version : One or More files exceed filesystem size limit

Austin316
02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
" One or More files exceed filesystem size limit " is a error I keep getting when trying to open up a file that is more than 4 gigs in utorrent! Why is this keep happening? I am really sick and tired of this. I am out of ideas!!! Does God hate piracy and don't want people to download or something? Please!!!!!!!!! I am about to shoot myself!!! :(

stoi
02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
you must be on fat32

convert your drive to ntfs and all will be well again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881

IdolEyes787
02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Check the properties of the hard drive you're saving to .
What is the "Filesystem" listed as?
FAT32 supports only files < 4GB. Format in NTFS to save files bigger than 4GB.

Austin316
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Even if I was another cilent like Azuerus...will I still get this error? I am trying to save this file onto a 8 gigs flash drive. I think the flash drive is "FAT"! Will I still be able to format the flash drive and convert it to NTFS. I have a 8 gigs micro flash drive that is in *FAT* format..can I still convert a flash drive to NTFS?

stoi
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
yes

it has nothing to do with the client, its the file.

if you have a file over 4 gig then fat32 cant handle it at all.

Austin316
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Why do the stupid retard uploaders upload the whole sh*t in one big file instead of several rars like the way people normally do it?

WHAT A BUNCH OF RETARD NEWBIE UPLOADERS!!!!!!!!

phrenzy
02-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Why do the stupid retard uploaders upload the whole sh*t in one big file instead of several rars like the way people normally do it?

:frusty:

Tokeman
02-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Why do people insist on using fat?
I formatted my flashy as soon as I got it. Hell, its 8gb, why use fat?

The_Martinator
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM

Maybe some of us actually have limited storage space and don't want the files to take twice the space. I love scene/non scene unrared uploads.

1000possibleclaws
02-26-2009, 09:03 PM

Maybe some of us actually have limited storage space and don't want the files to take twice the space. I love scene/non scene unrared uploads.

How did you draw the conclusion that rar-ing files compresses them to half their size?! Zipping files doesn't give you even close to that percentage of saved space. I had the impression the scene rar-ed data for easier transportation, to reduce data corrupted, or to maintain a standard.

stoi
02-26-2009, 09:13 PM

How did you draw the conclusion that rar-ing files compresses them to half their size?! Zipping files doesn't give you even close to that percentage of saved space. I had the impression the scene rar-ed data for easier transportation, to reduce data corrupted, or to maintain a standard.

it depends what is is.

Movies = virtually no compression.
Music = Virtually no compression
Some games = Virtually no compression
Lots of games = a hell of a lot of compression.

Roms = great compression when you have a lot of them with 7-zip
Wii Scrubbed games = a lot because all the duff data has been removed, you may see Wii Scrubbed games at 500meg, unrar them and they will be 4.62gig ISO.

I remember years ago i done Breakout on the PS1, 700meg CD image, rared it and it went down to 8meg lol

So it all depends what it is, The scene do it for FTP Transfers, and also Usenet does not really accept big files, they do but its frowned upon, so you have to rar split them and add pars for usenet.

Tokeman
02-26-2009, 10:06 PM

I think you misread what he said (I know I did). He said he loves UNrar'd uploads because they save space (you don't have to have double the space to extract)

Anywho, good points all around either way.

Unstable1
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
why do the stupid retard uploaders upload the whole sh*t in one big file instead of several rars like the way people normally do it?

What a bunch of retard newbie uploaders!!!!!!!!

:frusty:

+1000.

The_Martinator
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
I meant that I don't have to have the rared files so I can seed them and the actual files that I use (I unrar movies and watch them with VLC, I havent' had good experience with BS player).

Lol, thanks for defending me, stoi.