PDA

View Full Version : Softmp3 turns nordic... :(

aaatoel
02-27-2009, 12:01 AM
2009-02-26 - (New) IMPORTANT: Softmp3 will turn completely nordic

To achieve the goal off turning Softmp3 into a more cozy community and a much safer place we will begin shortly to make som radical changes that will affect some of our users. We are having some problem with making a good multilanguage community and the owner of Softmp3 has received multiple threats from Record Labels wich are some of the reason to this matter.

* The removal of all languages except Swedish
* Deactivation of user-accounts with unsecure account activity and countries
* Only accepting new invited users from nordic countries
* Make this site feel alot more safe, secure and controlled

:cry: :cry: :cry:

1000possibleclaws
02-27-2009, 12:21 AM
As long as your account hasn't registered IPs in multiple countries (ie trading suspicions) your account should be safe, according to the thread about this in the forums.

Bone.W.Machine
02-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I think this is good while many will disagree with me.
Security is priority number one!

Glitterstep
02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Only accepting new invited users from nordic countries!!
wats Nordic countries!!
:)

ulla
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden

The_Martinator
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
It'll be harder to get there now and you know what that means...

FACE_TO_FACE
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
good luck for softmp3. is usual that more and more the "nordic" trackers only allow people from the "nordic" clan...

NinjaX
02-27-2009, 08:28 PM
good luck for softmp3. is usual that more and more the "nordic" trackers only allow people from the "nordic" clan...

Theres a reason, with all the current anti-p2p going on in scandinavia (the nordic countrys). Like TPB trial, Ipred, etc etc.

They are just trying to stay as secure as posible. wich you cant blame them for.

Im not member and ill posible never be as i see no need for any other music tracker.

Good luck to them tho

Swift
02-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Sounds reasonable it's a private place they have the right to select their customers.

Roooney
02-27-2009, 08:40 PM
...So this will be a level 6-7 now, right?

danio
02-28-2009, 01:02 AM

maybe the explanation is that the "nordic ip only" trackers have the same owner? :) swedvdr and softmp3 are sistersites

PACINO
02-28-2009, 01:17 AM
:(

Mister Moo
02-28-2009, 01:27 AM
lol who cares, that site blows. Anyone that acutally cares about content know that waffles,what, and maybe trancetraffic are the only sites worth dealing with.

1000possibleclaws
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
^^ TT and Softmp3 both track scene content. Saying softmp3 sucks and TT doesn't is being hypocritical. Softmp3 is the biggest scene music tracker that I know of.

Night0wl
02-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Go browse TT and tell me you find everything Pre'd there.

killercam101
02-28-2009, 07:12 AM
America's response

http://tinyurl.com/dz5z24

Softm3s "It's music you can find on limewire................"

beco
02-28-2009, 09:49 AM
If Tracker limits his community, he eventually will be limited .
Too bad to know that .
in any case, This their decision ... all the best to them.

Lew
02-28-2009, 01:37 PM
sad but true

0Ri0N
02-28-2009, 02:55 PM
SoftMP3 is cool but people has other good choices like STM or SCC for scene music.

alcoholik
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
i think it's very nice :D

lukekenny
02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
how about the existing users? I like the tracker and use it very often..

Swift
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
how about the existing users? I like the tracker and use it very often..

to answer your question read the first page

As long as your account hasn't registered IPs in multiple countries (ie trading suspicions) your account should be safe, according to the thread about this in the forums.

Lucifer9999
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
^^ TT and Softmp3 both track scene content. Saying softmp3 sucks and TT doesn't is being hypocritical. Softmp3 is the biggest scene music tracker that I know of.

it is a great site, but stmusic is at the same level i think!!!

Mister Moo
03-01-2009, 04:31 AM
Screw all these Nordic based sites that are excluding Americans. Do they forget that it was an AMERICAN programmer who originally programed the bittorent protocol? I think it's fine if a country excludes countries from it's intital startup, but to exclude and ban users years after the sites startup, is irresponsible and quite frankly a slap in the face. I can tell you that I for one was extremely unhappy when my Swedvdr account which I had over 2tb upped and 1tb downloaded, was disabled simply because I am an American. I think it's almost comical that these sites whose staff are from pathetic countries like Swedan, Finland, ect... are trying to be elitest by shutting us out.

danio
03-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Screw all these Nordic based sites that are excluding Americans. Do they forget that it was an AMERICAN programmer who originally programed the bittorent protocol? I think it's fine if a country excludes countries from it's intital startup, but to exclude and ban users years after the sites startup, is irresponsible and quite frankly a slap in the face. I can tell you that I for one was extremely unhappy when my Swedvdr account which I had over 2tb upped and 1tb downloaded, was disabled simply because I am an American. I think it's almost comical that these sites whose staff are from pathetic countries like Swedan, Finland, ect... are trying to be elitest by shutting us out.

it has nothing to do with l33tness. it's a matter of security (this decision came right after the new ipred law was voted through here in sweden)

0Ri0N
03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I can tell you that I for one was extremely unhappy when my Swedvdr account which I had over 2tb upped and 1tb downloaded, was disabled simply because I am an American. I think it's almost comical that these sites whose staff are from pathetic countries like Swedan, Finland, ect... are trying to be elitest by shutting us out.

Why do i see so many American flags in my SweDVDr peers list? Hum...
btw, are Nordic countries pathetic countries? It makes me laugh, look at the mirror my friend.

TranceMaster6003
03-01-2009, 08:05 PM
That is not good :noes::noes::noes:

Nemrod
03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Good!
Their site, meaning that they can do whatever they want.

And although this could be bad for me because I am not nordic I support absolutely their decision, security first.

And btw, itīs an excellent music tracker.

RedRansom
03-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Why do i see so many American flags in my SweDVDr peers list? Hum...
btw, are Nordic countries pathetic countries? It makes me laugh, look at the mirror my friend.
see the flag at peerlist is totaly not say these peers from there cuz most torrent client will show USA flag if domain name has com/net it's default...

Good!
Their site, meaning that they can do whatever they want.
really?

aly13
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
That is not good realy.

Pixel
03-03-2009, 06:57 PM
While I don't think it's good, I can understand why they are doing it. Put yourself in their situation, why would you want the added headache? While I understand the site is all about it's user's they must have thought through this decision. Right?

NinjaX
03-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Well its natural as its a sister site to SweDVDR wich also is Nordic only :/

Funkin'
03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
see the flag at peerlist is totaly not say these peers from there cuz most torrent client will show USA flag if domain name has com/net it's default...

Ummm...what?

RedRansom
03-03-2009, 08:53 PM

Ummm...what?
i was talking about client's tab where you can also see your download rate/upload etc and other peers bla bla...

Funkin'
03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I know, but I wasn't quite understanding the whole post. You were saying if you belong to a .com/net ISP provider, then by default you'll show up as a US member, even if you're in another country?

danio
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I know, but I wasn't quite understanding the whole post. You were saying if you belong to a .com/net ISP provider, then by default you'll show up as a US member, even if you're in another country?

i won't say that's always the case because i don't know for sure. however, i do know that it's very common. all the time i see swedish peers (judging by the isp name) show a US flag because the isp domain is .com

RedRansom
03-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Funkin' (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/funkin-202211) man i am talking about utorrent's peer list flag :dabs:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/utorrent-peers-tab.png

http://blog.consultmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/utorrent-peer-list.gif
i want to say this cuz some time i am just wathcing peers who leeching me or i am leeching him and wondering which country he belongs i thought USA have a decent connection cuz kimusfi.com and ovh.com boxes ending with .com and when i was newbie and when look the flags i was thinking they are from USA but when i go into bittorent started to learn new things and when i am still curious about someone who just looking from whois.domaintools.com for now and i just read firon's(one of utorrent developer also vip at many tracker and staff member) post at utorrent forum he was saying com/net default saying this flag belong the USA if there is someone dont know this now learn:P

Polarbear
03-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Funkin' (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/funkin-202211) man i am talking about utorrent's peer list flag :dabs:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/utorrent-peers-tab.png

http://blog.consultmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/utorrent-peer-list.gif
i want to say this cuz some time i am just wathcing peers who leeching me or i am leeching him and wondering which country he belongs i thought USA have a decent connection cuz kimusfi.com and ovh.com boxes ending with .com and when i was newbie and when look the flags i was thinking they are from USA but when i go into bittorent started to learn new things and when i am still curious about someone who just looking from whois.domaintools.com for now and i just read firon's(one of utorrent developer also vip at many tracker and staff member) post at utorrent forum he was saying com/net default saying this flag belong the USA if there is someone dont know this now learn:P

the vuze country locator always shows the correct country based on the ip. it even shows world maps and advanced country statistics for each torrent. i always know the ip, hostname and country of every peer i'm connected with. i can even see wether the peer uses a fake client, set up/down speed, block upload or kick and ban single peers hence countries.

1000possibleclaws
03-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Well back on topic, I think it is a great shame that softmp3 decided to close off to the rest of the world. I would probably have ranked this as the leading general music tracker after What/Waffles.

b3owulf
03-06-2009, 10:23 AM
That's sad, I hope I'll still be able to use this wonderful tracker... :(

I would probably have ranked this as the leading general music tracker after What/Waffles.

+1 to that, softmp3 is GREAT!

Bone.W.Machine
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Softmp3 is the best tracker when it comes to music trackers that only allow scene releases.

0Ri0N
03-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Well back on topic, I think it is a great shame that softmp3 decided to close off to the rest of the world. I would probably have ranked this as the leading general music tracker after What/Waffles.

In my opinion the only great feature provided by s0ftmp3 was the "ARCHIVE SECTION" like SweDVDR provide aswell. Its nice to download old scene Releases, but 5 or 7 years ago rips were not so good as today rips are made.

For new scene rips we have the usual suspects.

I wont miss s0ftmp3 4sure. :P

Revolution26
03-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Bye Softmp3!

:(:(:(

Lovestoned
03-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Well, I'm sure there will be non-Nordic people using Nordic VPNs to get access yet again.

I don't think it was due to the the legal notice letters anyway.

b3owulf
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Shit! My acc is disabled ;(

Bone.W.Machine
03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Shit! My acc is disabled ;(
you recently signed up?

b3owulf
03-08-2009, 01:18 PM
No, I signed up maybe 2 months ago, but I wasnt very active there, just downloaded 2 or 3 GB and seeded well... And now I'm disabled 'cause I'm not from Nordic countryes =[

yayyyyyy
03-08-2009, 01:38 PM
wats Nordic countries!!

north korea for example

b3owulf
03-08-2009, 02:05 PM
wats Nordic countries!!

north korea for example

LOL ta that :lol:

Back 2 topic. Will I be able to use softmp3 again w/o a proxy if I recieve an invitation from member and sign-up using Nordic proxy? Anyone knows?

Funkin'
03-08-2009, 02:46 PM
You'll probably be able to sign back up through a proxy just fine, but more than likely you'll eventually just get disabled again.

But anyways, a lot of people have lost their Softmp3 accounts. It's not like the tracker is a one of a kind tracker though. Just gain membership to any other that supplies mp3 scene releases.

rockaa
03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
If this decision is mainly based on community purpes... It wouldn't bother me at all, but for security reasons I don't see this as solution for anything.

shayx
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
too bad.
stmusic doesn't come near to soft.

it was one of my favorites.
anyone have recommendations for similar trackers?
(that will not take me few years to get invited :\ )

joule1309
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
My account was disabled, too... :cry:

And I was a member for a long time, with good ratio. They say that connecting from multiple IPs is a security risk... Being on dynamic IP, I can't do anything about it! Of course I have a different IP every day.

So, it's bye bye softmp3! It was a good site for scene releases, and I'm gonna miss it...

1000possibleclaws
03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I would go to the support channel like the link says and see if anything can be done to recover your account. Some people have gotten back in. Not sure if they were special exceptions or it was because their country was not a big threat.

L3g3ndary
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
My account was disabled, too... :cry:

And I was a member for a long time, with good ratio. They say that connecting from multiple IPs is a security risk... Being on dynamic IP, I can't do anything about it! Of course I have a different IP every day.

So, it's bye bye softmp3! It was a good site for scene releases, and I'm gonna miss it...

that's bs d00d, even if your IP changes every day, they will see that all of them beling to one ISP... my guess is you weren't active or you had a bad ratio

joule1309
03-08-2009, 10:54 PM
my guess is you weren't active or you had a bad ratio

I was active. In fact, I was seeding more than 20 torrents when they disabled my account. And my ratio was close to 3. Maybe I wasn't downloading enough by their standards...

RedRansom
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
This account has been disabled.
That is really not cool for nearly one year old member

Tokeman
03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Theres a reason, with all the current anti-p2p going on in scandinavia (the nordic countrys). Like TPB trial, Ipred, etc etc.

They are just trying to stay as secure as posible. wich you cant blame them for.

Ok, so there are anti-p2p people in nordic countries. So a nordic site decides it would be more secure to only have nordic members (IE ones that could be prosecuted by these anti-p2p people)?

Yea, that sounds logical :blink:

In other news: A tracker hosted in the USA is now only accepting USA members, to help make them more secure :D

Philip
03-09-2009, 10:02 PM

Ok, so there are anti-p2p people in nordic countries. So a nordic site decides it would be more secure to only have nordic members (IE ones that could be prosecuted by these anti-p2p people)?

In other news: A tracker hosted in the USA is now only accepting USA members, to help make them more secure :D

Well, we dont have much anti-P2P here in scandinavia compared to other countries. Anyway, the admin of Softmp3 have stated that they have got threats from industries outside Sweden, and that is the reason for the removal of non-nordic members.

Tokeman
03-09-2009, 10:18 PM

Well, we dont have much anti-P2P here in scandinavia compared to other countries. Anyway, the admin of Softmp3 have stated that they have got threats from industries outside Sweden, and that is the reason for the removal of non-nordic members.

If its in another country, why worry? Until their government steps in on the other countries behalf, theres nothing they can do to stop anything, other then sending empty threats, which apparently works...

sheriff 01
03-09-2009, 11:21 PM

If its in another country, why worry? Until their government steps in on the other countries behalf, theres nothing they can do to stop anything, other then sending empty threats, which apparently works...

Tokeman, you have made one of the most intelligent statements in this thread so far. I applaud your views sir! Do you mind if i use your statement when i try and get my account re-enabled.:yup:

danio
03-09-2009, 11:21 PM

This has already happened in sweden once with tpb.. now i don't know where softmp3 is hosted but i just wanted to point that out :P

Hiccup
03-10-2009, 04:38 AM
You'll probably be able to sign back up through a proxy just fine, but more than likely you'll eventually just get disabled again.

But anyways, a lot of people have lost their Softmp3 accounts. It's not like the tracker is a one of a kind tracker though. Just gain membership to any other that supplies mp3 scene releases.

Any site you or any other member can recommend?

joni22
03-10-2009, 04:42 AM
:(

1000possibleclaws
03-10-2009, 04:51 AM

Any site you or any other member can recommend?

Other scene release sites for music are are VIPmusic, FileMP3, STMusic, What, Waffles, and the big 0day sites like SCT, FTN, and SCC. Can't say much about VIPmusic or Filemp3, cause I'm not members at either tracker anymore and they weren't spectacular last time I was on them.

I wouldn't recommend STMusic for anything other than scene releases, since I've found they have a HUGE amount or dupe torrents labelled as v0 that are CBR.

Your best bet is one of the aforementioned 0day sites or What/Waffles.