PDA

View Full Version : Blackcats 2 yr member sudden login problems. Help?

catbrown
03-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi there,

I'm a brand new user here and at my wits end. I've decided to post because I found some other blackcats posts here. I hope I have posted this in the correct spot.

I have a long story, and require help, but due to the (rightfully) secure status of blackcats I am unable to do anything about my problem. In addtion, none of my friends on blackcats are prepared to post my issue in the forums there due to there being a number of threads where members have posted their friend's issues and they have been banned straight away as a result. I understand their actions.

Here is my story, the first bit below is the message I asked a friend to post in the forums.

Part 1:
----

Hi There,

I've been a blackcats member for almost two years now (I think), I don't have any hit and runs, and on my average adsl connection I've managed to keep a ratio in excess of 2.0 for a long time now.

My problem,

Around the 12th of Feb 2009 utorrent was showing that some of my old torrents had a an 'incorrect password' error and had stopped downloading so I went to log in to blackcats to check my seeding details. Unfortunately the 'Your Company Page' just kept reloading after putting in my Key Word and correct name and password.

I decided to use the password recover function. That appeared to go well, and I was emailed my new details, but I am still faced with the same problem. Using the new Key Word (username and password boxes pop-up correctly) and password I still cannot log in.

I have tried different browsers, firefox and IE (ugh), different operating systems (I am using xp, but I booted in linux and tried through there) to no success.

I have ensured that adblocking etc are off and that cookies for blackcats are enabled. I even tried with full cookies enabled.

I have even tried changing DNS servers (this was an issue with my ISP and blackcats in the past, using opendns was suggested by a user on the blackcats forums and worked wonderfully) and I have also tried to log in using the TOR network (which worked in the past before my ISP solved the DNS issue).

Can you please let me know if there is an issue with my account?

My user name is: catbrown

Apparently my details are still there because I have used the recover password process a few times in the last few days and my details are sent to the correct email address.

I am a long time user, with a healthy ratio and no hit and runs
(except for maybenow since the few torrents I was downloading when this issue began have stopped seeding).

Cheers,

catbrown

Part 2:
----

I was briefly able to see the forum login, but it told me I had the wrong IP address, which is weird becasue I have a static IP. I couldn't access any of the forum threads, but did find the forum admin email address and posted my above explanation. No response. But then again, I guess that address gets lots of spam from people who are trying to gain access.

So I asked a friend to post my problem on the blackcats forums, but just before he was going to he found a thread where a member got banned for posting a question about a friend of his that suddenly had no access.

He also found a thread for people to reply to if they were having wrong IP address issues (or something like that, sounded like that could be me too) but the explicit instructions were to reply in the thread, not to post your IP address.

Something I could not do, because I could not log in. And my friend did not want to break the rules.

What my friend did tell me was that my account (catbrown) was disabled. This surprised me. But alas, I was also not able to ask why, because I couldn't log in.

Another web search got me the address of the help channel in irc. I went there and copied and pasted the above message into the channel... those of you who are familiar with the channel (and the rules... remember, I had no access to the rules because I couldn't log in to the forums) or have used IRC more recently than me (ie I used it a lot back in uni, but not in the 10 years since) would recall the flooding limit.

And seriously, the instant I pasted my message and saw it taking multiple lines I remembered/knew what was going to happen. I got IP banned from the help channel for flooding. I won't argue with it, but I know that it occured because I was keen to get back into blackcats after being disabled, and was excited that I had found the channel - but I was too keen the think straight.

Part 3
----

So this is where I am at:
1) It has been two weeks since I have tried to do anything about the issue.
2)I cannot ask for help on the blackcats help channel.
3)I cannot get into the forums to ask for help.
4)I cannot get my friends to post this in the forums because they follow the rules and don't want to get banned.
5)I know my account is disabled, but also that I always followed the rules, had no hit and runs, and am a 2yr member. So I am doubly confused.

Can anyone help me? Either by pointing me in the right direction or by asking someone in the know, or by replying to this thread?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

catbrown

---

EDIT

I'll just post the updates from the thread here to make it easier for the blackcats mods to keep track.

---

so i m waiting for stoi to write some i don't give a fuck,shit,i won't enable etc :lol:

Rofl ill bet the OP left out some part about trading invites or ratio cheating, because stoi is pretty reasonable most of the time so if thats his reaction ill put my money on there being a reason for the ban.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Except I didn't leave anything out. I had one person I offered an invite to (in real life, not electronically) when they first opened the invites for testing. My brother. And when he said he wasn't sure he'd be able to seed back as required then I never followed through with it as I knew it could have an impact on my membership. Then the invite trial stopped and that was that.

As for ratio cheating, I don't even know where I would start, except for the fact that I didn't need it because I had a healthy ratio for pretty much my whole time on blackcats (except for the first few weeks). And by healthy I mean over 2.0. I was never online enough to be a mega seeder, but I enjoyed ensuring some of the older torrents I had were seeded for newer users.

I was without a computer for two weeks in January (my motherboard failed) so I did no seeding for two weeks, but as soon as I had a new computer I was seeding again.

To everyone in thread who has replied positively, thanks. I gave myself a two week cooling down before posting this thread, I plan to be patient and hope for the best.

catbrown

---

Cirno banned you, all i know is what he wrote "proxy lover"

best bet is to come into our IRC #help channel and speak to Cirno.

Dear stoi,

Thank you so much for replying.

If you have the time (or inclination), please search for my few posts in the blackcats forums as proof for what I write below.

You will find a discussion of the DNS problems I had a few months ago, along with a post of the report my ISP sent me about DNS issues and some real problems with the blackcats domain setup in relation to internet wide consistency (I thought I was doing well by the community and admins by posting the blackcats DNS inconsistencies that my ISP reported).

One of the only ways I was able to access blackcats in that time was to use TOR to log in. This was before a helpful blackcats user informed me of the success of OPENDNS.

When I had the most recent login issue a few weeks ago (and after a password reset did not seem to work) I tried the TOR method again (as it had worked previously, and at first I assumed it was my ISP having DNS resolution problems again) - I'm sure logs can be checked to confirm this.

I would be happy to come into the blackcats irc help channel, but last time I tried (a week ago) it said I was still banned. The ban was automatic as a result of a flood post (me being excited after finally finding an avenue for help) after I simply cut and pasted my story into the channel, not thinking that it would flood more than five lines. A stupid mistake on my part.

I have learned from that. I have a static IP. Can you advise me if I will have any luck trying to get into the channel?

Thanks again,

catbrown.

---

Well my family is here today mate, so i am only on here very fleetingly.

when i get a chance i will have a look at the banned members on IRC and also have a word with Cirno about this, i will also point him to this thread and see what he says, I am not sure if he is a member here though, so he may not reply personally.

Sincere thanks.

It is very late here, so bed time for me. All I hoped for was for someone to have a good look at my situation as a whole.

I am happy to wait patiently while this happens.

Thank you once again,
catbrown

Funkin'
03-01-2009, 06:08 AM
I didn't read all that, only Part 3(sorry). But since you're in the n00b userclass you cannot make pm's. Stoi is pretty active here. So just be patient and hope he sees this thread and decides to help you out.

Fr33don
03-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Sorry but your account has been disabled. :/

Stranger99
03-01-2009, 06:55 AM
so i m waiting for stoi to write some i don't give a fuck,shit,i won't enable etc :lol:

Cradle
03-01-2009, 07:36 AM

Rofl ill bet the OP left out some part about trading invites or ratio cheating, because stoi is pretty reasonable most of the time so if thats his reaction ill put my money on there being a reason for the ban.

kevinsert
03-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Stoi is a good guy..But Cirno not..He disabled my account ;)first of all i didnt download anything my ratio was high and then i entered the irc and asked why dont i download anything getting download limit reached error and then cirno told me wait 1 week..then i said i dont want any help from you never mind..after that he said aww sorry i disabled your account bla bla...thats the story :) anyway want help from stoi maybe he will help you

Funkin'
03-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Actually I always thought Cirno was kind of a jerk too. But I had a couple conversations with him a couple weeks ago invloving one of my invitees(referees or whatever), and he was very cool and respectful to me. Even cut my invitee a little slack when he didn't have to.

I'm sure he has to deal with a lot of bullshit everyday, so he may give off that I'm a jerk vibe because of it. But he's actually alright if you don't act like an ass to him.

And seriously kevin, it's pretty hard to fuck up a BCG account since the tracker is pretty much freeleech, and it has ridiculously gracious inactivity policies. So you must have really done something wrong or really pissed him off.

catbrown
03-01-2009, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Except I didn't leave anything out. I had one person I offered an invite to (in real life, not electronically) when they first opened the invites for testing. My brother. And when he said he wasn't sure he'd be able to seed back as required then I never followed through with it as I knew it could have an impact on my membership. Then the invite trial stopped and that was that.

As for ratio cheating, I don't even know where I would start, except for the fact that I didn't need it because I had a healthy ratio for pretty much my whole time on blackcats (except for the first few weeks). And by healthy I mean over 2.0. I was never online enough to be a mega seeder, but I enjoyed ensuring some of the older torrents I had were seeded for newer users.

I was without a computer for two weeks in January (my motherboard failed) so I did no seeding for two weeks, but as soon as I had a new computer I was seeding again.

To everyone in thread who has replied positively, thanks. I gave myself a two week cooling down before posting this thread, I plan to be patient and hope for the best.

catbrown

kevinsert
03-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Actually I always thought Cirno was kind of a jerk too. But I had a couple conversations with him a couple weeks ago invloving one of my invitees(referees or whatever), and he was very cool and respectful to me. Even cut my invitee a little slack when he didn't have to.

I'm sure he has to deal with a lot of bullshit everyday, so he may give off that I'm a jerk vibe because of it. But he's actually alright if you don't act like an ass to him.

And seriously kevin, it's pretty hard to fuck up a BCG account since the tracker is pretty much freeleech, and it has ridiculously gracious inactivity policies. So you must have really done something wrong or really pissed him off.
no my ratio like 700 800GB upload 50 GB download....i had badge of honor and i always use seedbox for blackcats for 1 month..Then i wrote a message on invite thread cuz i thought im fully okay with requirements that stoi wrote..then next day i tried to cross seed some new Xbox 360 games but i got error about download limit went to chat and asked why cirno answered me and said come to next week i will tell the why i disabled..i said alright i dont want any help from you bla bla..and in conclusion..Disabled pretty account :) cirno needs rehab..im sorry for my loss :( i told this stoi there is no answer but i guess cirno has bigger rights than stoi maybe..

no_bother
03-01-2009, 02:13 PM
They were always reasonable to me anyway, both cirno and stoi..... there must be something else. either that, or maybe your keyboard is ****** and your password wont type in properly. the same thing happens me on TL, i cant log in, so I ahve to reset my password every now and again and let it sign me in automagically, and remember not to clear my cache.....
but good luck anyway

stoi
03-01-2009, 02:17 PM

mrnobody
03-01-2009, 02:25 PM
^ he's banned from irc tho

stoi
03-01-2009, 02:32 PM
#waitingroom and #help channels are open to the public, so if you get banned you can still get into them.

#blackcats is the only room where you need your IRC password.

catbrown
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM

Dear stoi,

Thank you so much for replying.

If you have the time (or inclination), please search for my few posts in the blackcats forums as proof for what I write below.

You will find a discussion of the DNS problems I had a few months ago, along with a post of the report my ISP sent me about DNS issues and some real problems with the blackcats domain setup in relation to internet wide consistency (I thought I was doing well by the community and admins by posting the blackcats DNS inconsistencies that my ISP reported).

One of the only ways I was able to access blackcats in that time was to use TOR to log in. This was before a helpful blackcats user informed me of the success of OPENDNS.

When I had the most recent login issue a few weeks ago (and after a password reset did not seem to work) I tried the TOR method again (as it had worked previously, and at first I assumed it was my ISP having DNS resolution problems again) - I'm sure logs can be checked to confirm this.

I would be happy to come into the blackcats irc help channel, but last time I tried (a week ago) it said I was still banned. The ban was automatic as a result of a flood post (me being excited after finally finding an avenue for help) after I simply cut and pasted my story into the channel, not thinking that it would flood more than five lines. A stupid mistake on my part.

I have learned from that. I have a static IP. Can you advise me if I will have any luck trying to get into the channel?

Thanks again,

catbrown.

stoi
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM

when i get a chance i will have a look at the banned members on IRC and also have a word with Cirno about this, i will also point him to this thread and see what he says, I am not sure if he is a member here though, so he may not reply personally.

catbrown
03-01-2009, 02:48 PM

Sincere thanks.

It is very late here, so bed time for me. All I hoped for was for someone to have a good look at my situation as a whole.

I am happy to wait patiently while this happens.

Thank you once again,
catbrown

kevinsert
03-01-2009, 04:14 PM
#waitingroom and #help channels are open to the public, so if you get banned you can still get into them.

Thanks im gonna try my chance :/ i didnt do anything bad to cirno:huh:

H&K
03-01-2009, 04:45 PM

You were pretty rude, the sheer amount of crap Cirno and other staff have to deal with via the forums, torrent comments and the upkeep of the site is crazy. I completely understand why they ban/disable certain users for these reasons.

kevinsert
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Rude ?? if there is any history of that night's conversation please put it here and we will read again..anyway im out of city staying at the otel and i cant connect irc channel because of limited ports..im going to talk with him later..

H&K
03-01-2009, 06:26 PM
i said alright i dont want any help from you bla bla..

He's a Sysop and answered your question (Albeit it a little vaguely) and you said that? That's not rude?

Cabalo
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM

did you forget about your bans for cheating at several other trackers? do you want them shown here again ?
or do you think BCG staff doesn't know about that too ?
stop whine, damn noob.

7th
03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Actually I always thought Cirno was kind of a jerk too. But I had a couple conversations with him a couple weeks ago invloving one of my invitees(referees or whatever)...

I think stoi already told about this once.
Don't know any one of the two but stoi seems to be a really nice guy (reasonable) while cirno is more like a "pain in the neck" to users.

I really think that a tracker like bcg needs both of them to keep things going (and balanced :P).

did you forget about your bans for cheating at several other trackers? do you want them shown here again ?
stop whine, damn noob.

One personal question Cabalo. What if he's not a cheater anymore?
I know it's hard to give credits or trust someone who cheated before but, what if?
Don't assume this as a stupid question, please, even if it looks stupid to you :happy:

Razo
03-01-2009, 07:11 PM
:o i've always seen cirno as the "firm but fair" type...

Cabalo
03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I think stoi already told about this once.
Don't know any one of the two but stoi seems to be a really nice guy (reasonable) while cirno is more like a "pain in the neck" to users.

I really think that a tracker like bcg needs both of them to keep things going (and balanced :P).

stop whine, damn noob.

One personal question Cabalo. What if he's not a cheater anymore?
I know it's hard to give credits or trust someone who cheated before but, what if?
Don't assume this as a stupid question, please, even if it looks stupid to you :happy:
well, that happened a couple of weeks ago. i think it would take me a lot more time than that to believe otherwise.

7th
03-01-2009, 08:11 PM
well, that happened a couple of weeks ago. i think it would take me a lot more time than that to believe otherwise.

Sounds fair enough. Thanks for the answer Cabalo.

no_bother
03-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I want gifs..... :(

kevinsert
03-01-2009, 09:40 PM
stop whine, damn noob.
Noob ? :) just trying to be honest and wanted help from them..never cheated or anything like that..i think you talking about bitmetv or bitme case..whatever i dont force anybody to trust me..and no need to trust if i want i can reach everything every fuckin invite and tracker..i just want to be good man..

7th
03-01-2009, 10:02 PM
stop whine, damn noob.
Noob ? :) just trying to be honest and wanted help from them..never cheated or anything like that..i think you talking about bitmetv or bitme case..whatever i dont force anybody to trust me..and no need to trust if i want i can reach everything every fuckin invite and tracker..i just want to be good man..

Gosh! Kevinsert helped me a lot not long time ago and I simple forgot his username here. :O

After talk to him a lot at msn and get killed a lot at COD4&5 (xboxlive) I can tell you that he's a really nice guy. Sometimes he gets upset and "talks" too much, it's true :shutup: but he's still a nice guy haha :lol:

Really hope you get your acc back again. Don't see the point in banning you, whatever ""proxy lover" means. :huh:

kevinsert
03-01-2009, 10:08 PM

Gosh! Kevinsert helped me a lot not long time ago and I simple forgot his username here. :O

After talk to him a lot at msn and get killed a lot at COD4&5 (xboxlive) I can tell you that he's a really nice guy. Sometimes he "talks" too much, it's true :shutup: but he's still a nice guy haha :lol:

Really hope you get your acc back again. Don't see the point in banning you, whatever ""proxy lover" means. :huh:
Stoi said it wasnt for me..:)
Wow you remember me now :ermm:
Rafael you need better connection at XboxLive and you know me @ Cod 4-5 im the King :01:Gamertag : Kemalettin
Add me and taste my best :whistling

Cabalo
03-01-2009, 10:08 PM
stop whine, damn noob.
no, i'm not talking about those man. try to think harder, or maybe i should put some evidences here for everyone to see and refresh your memory? it's 2 clicks away from uploading them to some imagehost.

just let me know if you want me to do that, ok ?

kevinsert
03-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Cabalo do it..Refrest my memory i didnt anything bad..maybe i registered multiple accounts when bitmetv opened signups..and then ? what did happened * they disabled my bitme account also i dont care what was your point and what do you want from me_? if you want ban my all accounts i can give my username from trackers and if you cleary see im not hiding anything...

catbrown
03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Dear thread contributors, surely it is polite to start a new thread for your problems?

What I have learned from this thread so far:

-Carefully documented, articulate explanations quickly get the polite attentions of blackcats' mods.

-Being patient gets you a long way.

catbrown

no_bother
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
well done catbrown, good to see you got it back. I may have bee nasty at first, but I was just in a trolling mood, and sometimes theres npowhere better to troll than FST.
on your other point, yeah he really should have a thread of his own,w ould make this so much more interesting!Bring on the pics cabalo!

catbrown
03-02-2009, 11:40 AM
well done catbrown, good to see you got it back. I may have bee nasty at first, but I was just in a trolling mood, and sometimes theres npowhere better to troll than FST.
on your other point, yeah he really should have a thread of his own,w ould make this so much more interesting!Bring on the pics cabalo!

Nope. I have not got anything back yet except polite responses. Which to be honest, is all I hoped for: Communication channels to be opened again.

I am just hoping my case will be read and considered in due course.

catbrown

7th
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Bring on the pics cabalo!

You guys really love a 'fight' don't ya? :dry:

no_bother
03-02-2009, 03:56 PM

One of the small pleasures I get in life is from trolling FST threads making fun of people :(
leave me to it :(
hahahahaha, I just want to see reactions :D

7th
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM

One of the small pleasures I get in life is from trolling FST threads making fun of people :(
leave me to it :(
hahahahaha, I just want to see reactions :D

Ok, I'll wait for the images or, if Cabalo find out that he was wrong about Kevin or made any confusion of some kind (which is totally possible and understadable), his apologies.

So, keep trolling and I'll keep waiting some order here ;)

mickeyash
03-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Edit: Resolved; ty Stoi. Sorry to hijack the thread!

hbkwarez
03-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Lets open STOIcatsucks.com lol

Damm make Opensignup again and that 14 days inactivity rules sucks
Lost my account for that :(

No offences to anyone..

i thought i would bring smile by the new web name lolzzzzzzz

stoi
03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
14 days inactivity??

we have not had that for a good 4 years lol

it is now 60 days unparked and 90 days parked, and has been for ages. and we have been open since then, we were open for 6 months solid and got in 100,000 members.

@ mickeyash yes you will need to PM me your IP as your name is not in the list.

no_bother
03-03-2009, 10:25 AM
14 day inactivity? never knew about that. ive beena member for a long time there, and gone longer than two weeks without logging in/seeding and my account is still there.
and mickeyash, get your own thread would you, and its not a permanent ban for failed login attempts, its only 15 minutes after 6.

catbrown
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM

Hi stoi,
Any follow up / decision from Cirno yet?
Kind regards,
catbrown

catbrown
03-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Stoi,
I've waited 7 days since my last post to bump this thread again as a reminder.
Any news? Do you know if the IRC log has been looked at so I can jump in and talk to cirno?

If it is a no go, just let me know.

Cheers,
catbrown

stoi
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
there is only 1 banned IP in IRC and i have no idea if its you or not, as Cirno is not in IRC atm.

videotron.ca banned on March 8th so i doubt thats you, as it was only 3 days ago, so you should be able to get into IRC

james223
03-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi Stoi,
I am having troube loading the fake login page for bcg.
It seems the page fails to load, like I don't have access to the page. But if I try it on a proxy the page loads.
It seems as if my Ip is on some sort of blacklist/blocked.

punjabimunda
03-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Lol what a loser. Just try to get a new account.

stoi
03-16-2009, 04:06 AM
well pawachumbawumbawumda or whatever the fuck your name is, just STFU.

@ james

you probably got IP banned for 6 failed logins, your username on the tracker may do, but if its a new IP that you have never logged in with before, i may need your IP address.

so can you PM me your IP and i will have a look tomorrow for you.

james223
03-16-2009, 04:43 AM
pm sent. thanks for the reply.

catbrown
03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Big thanks to stoi and cirno. I totally understand why my account was disabled, and how it was possible for the wrong assumptions to be made. To be honest I am glad that they are so strict.

Anyway, I'm back in. :)

Moral(s) of the story for all members reading this thread:

If you have not done the wrong thing, a) Record in detail what happened, b) maturely and politely make contact with admins, c) be patient.

catbrown

antirip
03-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Also, never take a screenshot of your account like I did. For some reason they'll know and ban you just like myself :(

Funkin'
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow, that's a new one. Where did you post the screenshot that they banned you for it? And also, what was the reason for posting the ss? That may have something to do with your ban too.

antirip
03-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow, that's a new one. Where did you post the screenshot that they banned you for it? And also, what was the reason for posting the ss? That may have something to do with your ban too.

Was getting a TL invite and took a screenshot of my ratio. Posted it on a forum and was banned later that evening. I think his name is Cirno told me that when you take a screenshot of your account a flag comes up on your account. He even gave me the web address of the actual post! I saved the screenshot to photobucket so I have no idea at all how he got the address. So be warned!

It was a harsh lesson! :cry: