PDA

View Full Version : Should anti-traders be banned?

Submission
03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
If you have a problem with trading then dont trade and avoid the trade section.

Many people wonder how they get banned out of nowhere, and in the past there have been accusations towards the admins of them releasing our IP's to trackers.

A lot of these rats are not admins but anti-traders who know admins of other trackers and help them finding others. I've seen it happen before plenty of times.

Not only do these guys not give a shit about fairness or whatever but they have active networks with tracker admins and should not be considered a part of the community here. Many of them try to keep track of people and find their IP's through other trackers other than the one you trade in, so that once you trade their tracker they can find you.

As such I believe they should be banned only from the trade section. They are a security and privacy threat to people in these forums.

The core of this anti-trader group are trackers admins and friends.

mrnobody
03-01-2009, 10:46 PM
- FST staffs don't leak IPs, they did once for superidiots but they don't anymore. At least they say so.

- 'anti-trader' are as retarded as 'trader'. ban them both.

- THIS IS INTERNET PEOPLE!!

kthnxby.

Bone.W.Machine
03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't see any good reason to ban anti-traders. :idunno:

- 'anti-trader' are as retarded as 'trader'. ban them both.

- THIS IS INTERNET PEOPLE!!

kthnxby.sounds reasonable to me.:lol:

Submission
03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
- FST staffs don't leak IPs, they did once for superidiots but they don't anymore. At least they say so.

Never said they do. I know a few ex-mods on other trackers and there are a few people on FST that ask for IP's and such in exchange for other things. But these people have never been admins at fst.

Serb
03-01-2009, 11:23 PM
anti-traders to be banned on trackers? :lol: i dont think so lol

by the way lets made this nice trade you offer me something and i offer you global ban thats fair ^^

and about securety well you traders are one who ruin trackers and so if you ask me anti-traders FTW

Cabalo
03-01-2009, 11:27 PM

Many people wonder how they get banned out of nowhere, and in the past there have been accusations towards the admins of them releasing our IP's to trackers.

A lot of these rats are not admins but anti-traders who know admins of other trackers and help them finding others. I've seen it happen before plenty of times.

Not only do these guys not give a shit about fairness or whatever but they have active networks with tracker admins and should not be considered a part of the community here. Many of them try to keep track of people and find their IP's through other trackers other than the one you trade in, so that once you trade their tracker they can find you.

As such I believe they should be banned only from the trade section. They are a security and privacy threat to people in these forums.

but when you are trading, aren't you a security and a privacy threat to those trackers? why shouldn't users who worry about their privacy (as being members of such trackers) not care about such trades?

I would really like to see a interesting response to this.

sportyloves
03-01-2009, 11:32 PM
They are a security and privacy threat to people in these forums.

I always had the feeling that it was other way round,,,it's the traders that put everyone security at risk.
Think you got that wrong,,maybe it was a misprint on your part :-P

Shafter
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
If you ban all the anti-traders who will you cry to when your accounts are disabled?

Good luck enforcing that too. I have some magic beans I will sell you.

Serb
03-01-2009, 11:42 PM
If you ban all the anti-traders who will you cry to when your accounts are disabled?

Good luck enforcing that too. I have some magic beans I will sell you.
hey sexy Magician :shifty:

puckface
03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
but when you are trading, aren't you a security and a privacy threat to those trackers? why shouldn't users who worry about their privacy (as being members of such trackers) not care about such trades?

furthermore I would like to hear why no one talks about public giveaways and the threats to trackers and users they make.

Shafter
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM

I'm only wearing my magic hat. :naughty:

Bone.W.Machine
03-01-2009, 11:56 PM

I'm only wearing my magic hat. :naughty:
can I be the bunny in your hat? :batman:

JPaul
03-02-2009, 12:02 AM

That's a joke, right. Someone saying that people who are against trading invitations to private trackers should be banned because they risk the security and privacy of the people trading those invites.

ben99
03-02-2009, 12:10 AM
if you trade, you deserve to get fucked and reported to trackers.

ninja92d
03-02-2009, 12:52 AM
neither anti traders or traders should be banned. its not like i have anything to trade because im new to the website, but if i do acquire valuable trackers i wouldnt trade them. traders put their own accounts at risk though, so if they want to take that risk let them. they shouldnt be banned for taking risks

mrnobody
03-02-2009, 01:09 AM
furthermore I would like to hear why no one talks about public giveaways and the threats to trackers and users they make.

that has been said and talked about bunch of times but incase you missed...

the general view is that account/invite selling is the most risky, then account trading (account giveaway is considered account trading btw) next is invite trading, and then only invite giveaway.

that is why all sites actually hunt down invite sellers. I remember they had a message along the line "if you bought an invite please report to staff...you will be unharmed but if we find you then you'll be banned" at sites like FTN or even demonoid. Likewise, some sites don't care much about invite giveaway but when there is an account giveaway staffers are on mission!

if [account/invite] selling and trading were to be completely eradicated (one would wish) then the chances are invite giveaway would likey be the top taboo in filesharing, for comperatively more sites at least.

But heak, as long as people are selling and trading tracker as commodities, staffers aren't gonna waste time on some invite giveaway...they've better things to do.

edit: And of course you have sites like demonoid where most join b/c some random guy over a random forum pasted a random invite code and you did a random search with a random engine and randomly found the random place...that's how i got into demonoid lulz...and as a notion of sharing i (and some other random filesharers) randomly paste random invite codes over random forum so that when some random guy does a random search with a random engine and randomly finds the random board he might randomly be hooked with random invite code that i randomly created :P

puckface
03-02-2009, 01:20 AM

obviously I missed, and being here for quite a while Im kind of surprised I did, since I have asked this question a few times and you have been the first to even acknowledge the question and give a general rebuttal.

but, in my book... its the same exact thing... except for the 'traders are scum' mentality that makes people target them.

ninja92d
03-02-2009, 01:21 AM
[quote=puckface;3151025]

if [account/invite] selling and trading were to be completely eradicated (one would wish) then the chances are invite giveaway would likey be the top taboo in filesharing, for cooperatively more sites at least.

exactly, traders and invites keep each other in check. since its impossible to get rid of traders, just dont associate with them if you dont like them.

Cabalo
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM

i also agree that nothing good comes from those giveaways, and FST is such an example. more often than not you see people complaining they invite cheaters etc etc.
i just think that right now, that's not the priority. the priority is account trading. when/if that stops being an issue, then we all are pretty sure there will be a crackdown on those giveaways.

puckface
03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
i just think that right now, that's not the priority. the priority is account trading. when/if that stops being an issue, then we all are pretty sure there will be a crackdown on those giveaways.

which begs the question, why are trades the priority? there are more giveaways by volume than trades.

just throwing that out there

Swanky
03-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Nvm

mrnobody
03-02-2009, 01:39 AM
which begs the question, why are trades the priority? there are more giveaways by volume than trades.

just throwing that out there

you answered it yourself - giveaways are higher in volume than trades.

if a big trackers were to ban giveaways (although some do) it would be pain in @$$ for staffers. They would have to do more than twice the work i.e. check for trades and check for giveaways. Now just by allowing giveaways (which most big sites do) they are cutting off more than 1/2 of time that would otherwise be occupied by chasing giveaway'ers...now instead of chasing they can put that time for the betterment of the site.

Furthermore, there are other severe issues with trading i.e security, identify etc etc which aren't as bad when it comes to invite giveaway but i'm pretty sure you already know of those.

and there is one another...

when someone trades, it usually involves 2 sites i.e. you would be pissing off staffers and dedicated members from two sites. Chances of getting caught is pretty high..and when one of them catches you, they almost always report it to the other one.

as for giveaway, only 1 site is being involved. And sites almost never report user to one another for giveaways.

puckface
03-02-2009, 01:41 AM
haha, that made no sense.. but thanks

NA_Magus
03-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Addressing the thread topic: Users should be banned because of their actions (rules, etc). Not their silly little titles they give themselves.

Logic sure is lacking around here.

Artemis
03-02-2009, 03:54 AM

obviously I missed, and being here for quite a while Im kind of surprised I did, since I have asked this question a few times and you have been the first to even acknowledge the question and give a general rebuttal.

but, in my book... its the same exact thing... except for the 'traders are scum' mentality that makes people target them.

I have actually replied to you before about this very topic, i.e. that giveaways are also as bad in that they are random, there are however several differences between a public giveaway and a trade.

With a trade the account can be passed on several times. As a trader accounts you started out with that were lower level ones that you are no longer interested in have now passed through how many hands ? but this is OK because it is only a low level tracker, its the high level ones that are important after all.

Because of the stockmarket mentality of traders there are the inevitable scammers who want that account and don't want to give anything for it, or simply want to rip someone because they are a n00b and therefore deserve to be ripped off.

There are of course invite sellers as well, simply because the higher level trackers are perceived to be more valuable. Therefore there are those who will do anything to have what is perceived as rare.

Now this whole nutty little virtual reality when you look at it is kind of pathetic, they are websites after all, and it is only those who are collectors who need to have a great long list of bt sites in their bookmarks.

Whether by trading or public giveaways it is the collecting of accounts like pokemon cards which is sad and pointless, since so many do not want to be a part of the trackers community but simply have another place to leech/seed from, and since the content is roughly the same on each tracker having a great long list to go ooooh at and show your friends either by bragging or userbars/favicons is truly puerile.

Now as for banning those against trading from the trade section, the original topic of this thread, so we should separate this forum down the middle (well actually 2/3 , 1/3 going by the current poll) and have a kind of apartheid with traders having their section and non traders having a giveaway section hmmmm, so would traders be banned from the giveaway section ? I mean if you look at the trade section on here it is such a thriving place with the same threads being bumped every twelve hours and very little discussion, it is sought of like watching paint dry anyway.

@Submission and others who want a private place to trade, there already is in place an invite only section of this forum for traders the VTG or veteran traders group, if this is so important to you I'm sure if you are active you may be invited. Then of course you have to be trusted which I find an absurd concept, but the VTG isn't exactly a secret. Though like the general trading section it has very little posts, so maybe you could liven things up ?

notthesame
03-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Banned? But why? Why not share in a file-sharing community? Which is what bittorent is...

interwebz
03-02-2009, 09:55 AM
haha, that made no sense.. but thanks

thats because squirr3l is fucking nuts!!!

on topic though... remove the trade section and none of this shit matters any more. easy.

stl
03-02-2009, 10:37 AM
where is in the poll "i dont care" as usually?

Swift
03-02-2009, 11:02 AM
So you trade and after that you come and request tracker in the giveaway section ... amiright ?

unknown_error
03-02-2009, 11:25 AM
lol

just cant stop laughing :D

haha
Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose

muahhaha
No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends

lol sounds like its not a serious poll :D
but i like it xD

kick all those anti traders ... uff damned ^^ ill die :D

no_bother
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Why should anti-traders be banned from the trade section if traders are allowed in the giveaway section?

Okay, Ill make a deal with you, You get every anti trade person here banned, and in return you and your trader friends get banned from all your trakers for trading?
That sound fair? didn't think so.
Half of the anti trade guys are traders with dupe accounts on proxies, so all your banning is traders from their own section anyway. Why should people be allowed break the rules of trackers here and get away with it, and others break the rules here and hundreds moan and moan aout it because they lost their accounts that they were stupid enough to trade.

03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
traders are always gonna be hunted , they open trackers up basically and deserve to be banned

Bone.W.Machine
03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
View Poll Results: Should anti-traders be banned from trading?
Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose 32 48.48%
No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends 34 51.52% anti-traders should be banned from trading? Anti-traders doesn't trade as far as I know :lol:

unknown_error
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
hahaha no just support illegal activities :D

(opposite trackers) just support the traders... as you all already do with the WTO section :naughty:

and remember to kill ^^
---> """they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends""" (that kills illegality)

:fst:

:w00t: genious

The_Martinator
03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
They are a security and privacy threat to people in these forums.

I always had the feeling that it was other way round,,,it's the traders that put everyone security at risk.
Think you got that wrong,,maybe it was a misprint on your part :-P

Just what I was about to say, lol.

About public GAs, I' doing mine here. So far I've only had 1 user banned at IPT for ratio cheating. Some were disabled for inactivity. Most of them are active. When I get warnings for inviting bad people, then I'll probably stop public GAs (tbh I do way more private ones) as I'd have probably had my invite privileges taken away from me. In the mean time I'm getting what I feel are deserving users into trackers.

cuck
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends

Polarbear
03-02-2009, 02:53 PM
great chance to see who is a trader or supports trading.

the poll question wether anti-traders should be banned from trading is priceless indeed.

if you're so afraid of admin friends (who run the trackers you trade for by the way) you should apply for the veteran trading group like artemis suggested. be careful though i heard it's full of japanese anime lovers.

unknown_error
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
i never said anything "PRO" for trading and never said anything against it!

And also im no trader...

But if you read my post above carefully you will see what i try to say...
(or not) :ermm:

stop torrentsite ranking and your trading problems would be solved soon... ;)
there are many better places out there 4 trading... but ive never seen such a good ranking 4 sites

//edit
so what ill try to say: be illegall in many ways or no way! but dont try to sepereate "a little illegal" from "strong illegality" that is what our DEMOCRACY does 4 us ... and look at them ^^ jail 4 fucking a child / jail 4 downloading xD

IdolEyes787
03-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm anti-wanker .It's a small but growing movement.

Apparently not growing fast enough though.

Rigel9
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
if you trade, you deserve to get fucked and reported to trackers.

qft

CaptanAmerica
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
who antitraders arE? tt

apollooff320
03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Nvm

yankeezfan1
03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Invite or Account trading is against almost every tracker's Number 1 rule. If you break that rule, expect to get banned. Its their tracker, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

CaptanAmerica
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Invite or Account trading is against almost every tracker's Number 1 rule. If you break that rule, expect to get banned. Its their tracker, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

they make the rules, but sometimes those rules mean nothing for emselfs xacly. so why the fuck shd i follow em for example if they can do whatever they want?

no_bother
03-02-2009, 03:55 PM
they make the rules, but sometimes those rules mean nothing for emselfs xacly. so why the fuck shd i follow em for example if they can do whatever they want?

I wouldn't expect someone who cant spell to be able to follow rules either.....

puckface
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm anti-wanker .It's a small but growing movement.

Apparently not growing fast enough though.

Sorry, you're in the wrong place.

stoi
03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
The reasons i dont like trading or giveaways and account trading.

Account Trading:

Maybe its because i play games quite a bit, or at least used to, and i hate cheating, so i firmly believe that if you want an account, you should start off from 0 and work at it. not get someone elses account, and have a nice buffer to hit and run everything when you do get into that tracker.

Also the person that is trading it, may never have really wanted it in the first place, they are just using it as a stepping stone to get into another tracker that they do want. so a pointless member.

Giveaways and Invite trades:

How on earth can you tell they will be a good member, now i am not saying that everyone on public forums are bad, but how do you know they are going to be good.

also with Invite trades, you are getting something in return, lets be honest here, its getting harder and harder to keep the members that trackers have happy and stay with us, never mind ppl trading their invites to go elsewhere, also you are using them as a commodity, we give them to you freely (well most trackers do) and you get something out of it, an invite to somewhere else.

Honestly, all i want is good members that other members can trust, especially the inviter can trust their invitee and explain how the tracker works to them, BCG works a hell of a lot different to say a TL or a BitSoup, but if you dont tell them that before they join, and explain the idiosyncrasies of what does make BCG different, they will fuck up and put your account into jeapordy.

Now is that to much to ask. (obviously to some here it is but i dont see why)

! TRADE !
03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
i respect anti trader they don't mak war with trader and just take torrent as fun

but the others who fight with trader i hate them and they should banned

ra0ul
03-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Fact is tracker staff dont really give a shit about any trading section.

Trade away. Any tracker admin worth their salt catch them through their own site as i do.

Any other way is a bonus.

You traders really just need to stop whining like little bitches when you get caught. fst staff this and fst staff that etc. It doesnt happen.

The_Martinator
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
How on earth can you tell they will be a good member, now i am not saying that everyone on public forums are bad, but how do you know they are going to be good.

You can't be a 100%. I take risks everyday, rl and on the internet. Icould easily not have, but then I'd have a shitload of invites and noone to give them to. But if the forum where you're giving it at is good, then your chances are better.

Ein2015
03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Here's my take on it... I've seen tons of GOOD people start out, completely new to BT, and then after a year or so they're on more sites than they need and their HDDs are blazing from activity.

The GOOD members almost never need to trade. They are invited to other trackers based on things like activity, ratio, etc.

A number of times I've been invited to another tracker because the staff of that tracker likes my style of sharing, likes the contributions I will make to a community, etc. It's all really simple.

Now, I have to agree with earlier posts about the ratings system. YES, some communities are rare, but for the most part there's almost NO reason to go for them. I prefer the ultra-secure communities myself, so I know exactly why they ban traders.

There are 3 reasons to ban traders from a tracker:

1) Trades for money takes away valuable resources for the tracker to survive. Each tracker wants members that will contribute to the community, not trade off their account for profit.

2) Most people who have to use trades to get into a tracker are NOT good members. I'm mostly talking about account trading/purchasing/etc. Many times the members were banned already for not following the rules of the tracker, being a nuisance to the community, etc. Those people are not welcome back, but trading is the main route they take to get back.

3) If the #1 rule is not respected, how can the administration expect users to respect the other rules and share properly?

Most trades happen in secret, and it's only through tracker staff getting together and sharing account information that makes it a lot easier to ban the traders.

When you sign up for a website (including all these social networking websites), you're agreeing that the administration of that website may see your user data! If they want to collaborate with other websites for any reason, they can do that. If you disagree, then you should NOT sign up for these websites. You go in fully knowing what the staff can do.

Just remember, the good members get invites for free.

Tokeman
03-02-2009, 10:15 PM

Wow, thats one hell of a blanket statement. :rolleyes:

puckface
03-02-2009, 11:35 PM

Wow, thats one hell of a blanket statement. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing myself.

So if you ever got an invite in trade for anything you are a shitty user.
And if you got all your invites free you're a good user.

Rules to live by I guess

Cabalo
03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
am i the only one that thinks the expression "a free invite" sounds a bit odd ?

mike: hey john, i'm inviting you to my birthday party!
john: cool, i will go, because you invited me for free.

:unsure:

L3g3ndary
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
The reasons i dont like trading or giveaways and account trading.

Account Trading:

Maybe its because i play games quite a bit, or at least used to, and i hate cheating, so i firmly believe that if you want an account, you should start off from 0 and work at it. not get someone elses account, and have a nice buffer to hit and run everything when you do get into that tracker.

Also the person that is trading it, may never have really wanted it in the first place, they are just using it as a stepping stone to get into another tracker that they do want. so a pointless member.

that's bullshit man, for example i've started from 0 about 5 years ago and now finally ive got pretty much everything I ever wanted, that's about 7-8 private trackers, on each of these trackers I have at least a 3.0 ratio and it's not like 1/3 GB but more like 1/3 TB. So I think I'm a valuable member regardless how I've got my invites. I'm not a collector, all the trackers I have I use on daily basis and since I have everything I need I'm done trading. This wouln't be possible w/o trading, as you can see I'm not much of a forum troll therefore the chance of getting an invite for "free" is close to 0.

The point is, a trader can be just as good member as anyone else

stoi
03-02-2009, 11:48 PM
but you traded so your not as good as a member as a member that did not trade.

and woopie doo, you have a big e-penis, very fucking pleased for you, it means fuck all.

L3g3ndary
03-02-2009, 11:59 PM
but you traded so your not as good as a member as a member that did not trade.

and woopie doo, you have a big e-penis, very fucking pleased for you, it means fuck all.

big e-penis? cause I said that I'm a valuable member? easier to insult insted of answering like a normal person would do?

stoi
03-03-2009, 12:06 AM
how are you a valuable member?

you traded to get in for a start, so you broke rule #1 from the very start, so how can you be a valuable member?

and thats all ratio is e-penis.

I would respect a member with 2 TB down and 2TB up with no hit and runs, before i respected someone with 5gig down and 3TB up (unless they were an uploader).

ratio is bollocks, always has been always will be, with your "buffers" that you could get in 6 months with an unlimited seedbox quite easy, you never need to touch the tracker again for years, but you will still be a PU or Elite or whatever the top class will be, so keep getting invites, to keep trading invites.

Just because someone has a good ratio, does not mean they are a good member, if anything they are cocky little fucks, that deserve a kicking (not @ you just in general)

L3g3ndary
03-03-2009, 12:26 AM
how are you a valuable member?

you traded to get in for a start, so you broke rule #1 from the very start, so how can you be a valuable member?

and thats all ratio is e-penis.

I would respect a member with 2 TB down and 2TB up with no hit and runs, before i respected someone with 5gig down and 3TB up (unless they were an uploader).

ratio is bollocks, always has been always will be, with your "buffers" that you could get in 6 months with an unlimited seedbox quite easy, you never need to touch the tracker again for years, but you will still be a PU or Elite or whatever the top class will be, so keep getting invites, to keep trading invites.

Just because someone has a good ratio, does not mean they are a good member, if anything they are cocky little fucks, that deserve a kicking (not @ you just in general)

didn't you read what I siad a while back? I use all my trackers on daily basis, I even seed some of the stuff I've downloadad months ago hence the big UP, not because of some crap seedbox

on the other hand, I would like to thank you for kicking me off BCG a few months ago, thanks to you I've started looking for an alternative game tracker and I eneded up on UG+BG which offered open signup at that time. Now I wouldn't give my UG account for 10 BCG invites :) UG is awesome :)

stoi
03-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Pleased they are happy with you.

tbh i dont know who the hell you were on BCG or why you got disabled, but maybe thats the point, i havnt missed you 1 iota.

L3g3ndary
03-03-2009, 01:04 AM

tbh i dont know who the hell you were on BCG or why you got disabled, but maybe thats the point, i havnt missed you 1 iota.

so basically what you're saying is, other then the 20-30 friends/admins on BCG, you wouldn't notice if anybody disappeard (how could you? you're human as well) thus you wouldn't miss them, meaning, apart from that 20-30, the rest of your members are useless or at least not "valuable"? is that right?

UnGodly
03-03-2009, 01:07 AM
get those traders, they don't share the love

stoi
03-03-2009, 01:09 AM

so basically what you're saying is, other then the 20-30 friends/admins on BCG, you wouldn't notice if anybody disappeard (how could you? you're human as well) thus you wouldn't miss them, meaning, apart from that 20-30, the rest of your members are useless or at least not "valuable"? is that right?

you will be surprised how many people i will recognise, that is what taking part in the community entails.

Tell me what your name was, i very well may recognise it, but tbh trying to get me riled with your UG comment was just childish in the extreme. (i hear it all the time, we ban someone, "well UG is better", as if i give a fuck)

L3g3ndary
03-03-2009, 01:36 AM

you will be surprised how many people i will recognise, that is what taking part in the community entails.

Tell me what your name was, i very well may recognise it, but tbh trying to get me riled with your UG comment was just childish in the extreme. (i hear it all the time, we ban someone, "well UG is better", as if i give a fuck)

looks like you do give a fuck, else why are you still here, replying to me? btw I didn't wanted to offend you with my UG comment but it's the truth, this is how I feel

Submission
03-03-2009, 03:23 AM

Yet here you are in an anti-trader/trader thread?

Please stfu with your bullshit. You do care and this place pisses you off. What other reason do you have to be here other than to find out who's trading what?

But either way since you hate traders you have no reason to be in the trading section am I right or do you trade?

apextwin146
03-03-2009, 04:14 AM
So who the hell is classifed as a good member in a tracker?
The trackers primary purpose is for sharing a file not taking part in some arsed community shit .. There are better forums out there with much more activity than tracker forums ..
Since the primary purpose is to share files the members who do it diligently should be classified as good members ..

kaffeine
03-03-2009, 06:03 AM
If only people could appreciate the fact that some staffers still hang out in this place, despite all the shit that goes on in here, instead of treating them as a threat... it's obvious why the majority of them never post here any more, and that is a shame.

stoi
03-03-2009, 07:49 AM
well said kaffeine

the rest of you are just fucking scum and i have every right to go to the trade section to ban you sad bastards as you have to go in there to be sad bastards.

and NO i do not give a fuck about U-G, why should i, we are a different tracker to them, why should i give a shit.

Edit: I had just woke up so blew a fuse but my point still stands, if you can go in their to trade, then surely i can go in there to see you trading and ban you, if i want to.

Anti-traders and tracker staff are 2 different types of members imho, anti-traders are those that are not staff, but tell staff stuff, staff have every right to be in the trade section.

and regarding U-G and BG, not once since they opened, have i ever been to their URL, that is how much i care about them, as long as BCG is good and doing fine, i could not give a monkeys about any tracker.

hbkwarez
03-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Back to Basics
If freedom is outlawed only Outlaws will have them :)

Artemis
03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
The trackers primary purpose is for sharing a file not taking part in some arsed community shit .. There are better forums out there with much more activity than tracker forums ..
Since the primary purpose is to share files the members who do it diligently should be classified as good members ..

Actually no, the people who made private trackers want more than just anonymous leechers/seeders, why on earth would they be a private community if they wanted that. The whole point of a private bit torrent tracker is a small (they have user limits) user group that are known. By known I mean that make a contribution to the tracker be it via uploading, irc and forum activity not just leeching the files.If the staff of the trackers just wanted a huge amount of leechers/seeders they could just set up the tracker as a public one, but no, they, the people that made the tracker in the first place made a private place to share privately.
Maybe you should ask the staff of the trackers that you so want to be a part of what they want and expect from a user. If you just want to leech files then usenet is beckoning and of course then there is no upload ratio required.
The whole point of the filesharing community and the bit torrent trackers in particular is to share, not just files but to share as a community.

pone44
03-03-2009, 08:00 AM
As someone wrote earlier. Next time make a third voting option labeled- "what is the point of this poll"?? :idunno:

I would have voted for that.
no offense but
"Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose" makes no sense at all? banned at their sites for being against trading-following the rules :blink:? Lol

Funkin'
03-03-2009, 08:47 AM
This just sounds like it may be coming from a trader that might have been hunted down one too many times by the trader hunters, and is a little fed up with it.

I couldn't care any less if people trade. It personally affects me none(but I don't support trading eventhough it doesn't affect me, because I know it does more harm than good to trackers). But if you're going to go the trading route than you got to accept the risks involved. More than likely people are going to look for you if you make a trade thread.

Submission
03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
This just sounds like it may be coming from a trader that might have been hunted down one too many times by the trader hunters, and is a little fed up with it.

I couldn't care any less if people trade. It personally affects me none(but I don't support trading eventhough it doesn't affect me, because I know it does more harm than good to trackers). But if you're going to go the trading route than you got to accept the risks involved. More than likely people are going to look for you if you make a trade thread.

And that is perfectly acceptable. I haven't been banned for trading. I haven't made a successful trade in over a year i think.

I didn't care until they decided to push for a ban on trades. I figure this is a better solution for everyone. Its win-win for anti-traders and traders.

Swift
03-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I do not know what is anti-trader for and he is for real ? Can somebody define anti-trader ?

tX
03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
The "cliche" anti-trader

- Has ANTI TRADER written in his sig, in bright colors and huge font
- Sucks up for his trackers
- "Dreams" about trackers, or owning them
- Wants trackers for the "community" he never seems to participate in

Most annoying type of user on these boards.

Col. Skillz
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
This is a good subject, but in all honesty I'm against anti-traders. 80% the giveaways, requests, and trades that go on here are against tracker rules anyway, so i don't see the logic in letting these guys go around busting people if we are allowing it to begin with in the first place.

It's like letting a nark chill out with you in your local crackhouse, then letting him stick around after he's busted the place. Hard part is finding out who did, and proving it, which will most likely never happen (in the tracker case, not the crackheads lol), so there will always be risk. I know for sure we should ban those n00bs who QQ about random account disabling, say they've done nothing, and have 30 threads in the trading forums.

If you want to show compliance to the tracker sites, start a "no movement" list, forbidding any form of trade for " " tracker.

Swift
03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
The "cliche" anti-trader

thanks for the info it's sound as lame as a genuine trader

Col. Skillz
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
The "cliche" anti-trader

thanks for the info it's sound as lame as a genuine trader

"But real gangsta-ass niggas don't flex nuts
Cuz real gangsta-ass niggas know they got em"

chances are the real anti-traders, who mean business, don't want anyone to know their motives, so will try to appear as normal. and wont brag about it either.

stoi
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM

Please stfu with your bullshit. You do care and this place pisses you off. What other reason do you have to be here other than to find out who's trading what?

But either way since you hate traders you have no reason to be in the trading section am I right or do you trade?

Ok i will answer this.

I am not an anti trader, i am a tracker owner that does not like trading, completely different.

I very rarely venture into the trade section tbh, nor the giveaway section for that matter, but if they banned me from going in there, it would drive me batty, because i couldnt see what was going on regarding "My Site".

yes it is my site, if i do not want you in it, why should you get in regardless.

trading is retarded, get a life and get in the normal ways, if you cant do that, then you do not deserve to be in that tracker, pretty simple really.

Col. Skillz
03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
It's not stoi is hiding who he is or anything, and i doubt he goes into the trading sites looking for people giving away BCG invites and PM's them "yo i got this FTN + HDbits account ill give u for ur BGC account", and then ip fucks the guy. i mean, his quote is "BCG Owner" for god's sake.

being as active as you are here though stoi, i'd try and talk to a mod or admin if the trades bother you. I know a few sites that have no movement trackers, it keeps thigns clean and civil.

Another thing, I'm sure stoi WOULD care about UG being better than BCG, if it where true. It's not though (unfortunatly for me), and whoever said that was just being a baby. It's like rosanee says, "I don't care what people think because everyone likes me". so true.

stoi
03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Well like i have put in another thread.

Trading invites does not bother me all that much, its the where and how that gets on my tits.

Lets say 2 members are in the bitsoup IRC they get talking over a period of time, they get to know each other, 1 says they love games but dont have a tracker for them, the other says he likes TV but again doesnt have a tracker.

Now the one that has a BCG referral gives it to the one that has the BitmeTV invite and vice versa.

that to me is fine, because they know each other, been talking for awhile, so they are helping each other out.

Doing it on here or other invite sites, is just silly, you have no idea who they are apart from SS and ratio proofs that may not even be theirs.

Its like if you had a private party, its your party, and you invite 10 friends, you also tell your 10 friends, that they can invite 10 friends, and then those can invite 10 friends.

now imgine if 1 of those in the chain, went and announced it in their local pub, "Party at XXX, I can take 10 people, dont care who, and then you can take 10 people, and then they can take 10 people"

When the party started 30 people would know each other, the rest would be complete strangers, which would put everyone on edge, yes they all may be well behaved, and it may very well be a good night, but it only takes 1 to get pissed and act like a wanker and swing a punch at you, to spoil the whole shebang.

Tokeman
03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Well like i have put in another thread.

Trading invites does not bother me all that much, its the where and how that gets on my tits.

Lets say 2 members are in the bitsoup IRC they get talking over a period of time, they get to know each other, 1 says they love games but dont have a tracker for them, the other says he likes TV but again doesnt have a tracker.

Now the one that has a BCG referral gives it to the one that has the BitmeTV invite and vice versa.

that to me is fine, because they know each other, been talking for awhile, so they are helping each other out.

Doing it on here or other invite sites, is just silly, you have no idea who they are apart from SS and ratio proofs that may not even be theirs.

Its like if you had a private party, its your party, and you invite 10 friends, you also tell your 10 friends, that they can invite 10 friends, and then those can invite 10 friends.

now imgine if 1 of those in the chain, went and announced it in their local pub, "Party at XXX, I can take 10 people, dont care who, and then you can take 10 people, and then they can take 10 people"

When the party started 30 people would know each other, the rest would be complete strangers, which would put everyone on edge, yes they all may be well behaved, and it may very well be a good night, but it only takes 1 to get pissed and act like a wanker and swing a punch at you, to spoil the whole shebang.

So basically what you're saying is that if some one posts here a lot (not in the trading section) and starts talking with another member here for a while, and eventually both figure out they have what eachother wants, and trade, you're ok with that?

Is it just the random posting in the trading forum you are against then?

stoi
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Well if that was the case then you would do it in PM anyway, there would be no need of a trading section, so even if i was against that, not a lot I can do about that if you met on here.

but at least on a tracker you can see for yourself if they are a good user, and if they chat in IRC its more than 99.900 others do on Bitsoup (I would imagine, not a member and never been to their IRC just guessing here).

Tokeman
03-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Well if that was the case then you would do it in PM anyway, there would be no need of a trading section, so even if i was against that, not a lot I can do about that if you met on here.

but at least on a tracker you can see for yourself if they are a good user, and if they chat in IRC its more than 99.900 others do on Bitsoup (I would imagine, not a member and never been to their IRC just guessing here).

I guess my point was what if its not on a tracker? Do you mind ( I know you can't do anything, but...?)

Your opinion as a tracker owner intrigues me.

stoi
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
but why not

there are plenty trackers that are open all the time, or at least with a tiny little patience, you can get into them, some even post nulled torrents onto the link sites to get members in, yes they are that desperate for members.

So to me thee is no excuse to not be on any private tracker, and "only" have FST or like site to get into anywhere.

Col. Skillz
03-03-2009, 04:27 PM

I guess my point was what if its not on a tracker? Do you mind ( I know you can't do anything, but...?)

Your opinion as a tracker owner intrigues me.

I think it makes sense, you get to know the person a little bit, build some trust. I know what it's like to meet someone at a place like this and talk thru PM's and stuff, it's a lot different than just giving them out in the open.

L3g3ndary
03-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Another thing, I'm sure stoi WOULD care about UG being better than BCG, if it where true. It's not though (unfortunatly for me), and whoever said that was just being a baby.

how about you reading some of my posts before talking shit?
I never said UG is better, I siad I wouldn't trade it for 10 BCG...
unfortunately for you? this means you don't have a BCG acc? then how the fuck do you know its better anyway?

nonsense. you don't get to know someone by talking to him for a few hours over IRC or msn, this is the INTERNET, I can be whatever you want, I can say whatever you want to hear just to get an invite out of you
Getting to really know sombody and earning each others trust takes months or years, but as I said not every one of us are borad warriors whith xxxx posts, therefore for us ther's no other choice but to trade

stoi
03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
of course there is a choice

just dont become a member

that is the choice.

and did i say a few hours, i meant a few weeks to a couple of months, not just hi, hi, i like games, oh i like tv, ok trade trade trade.

not my fault you are totally fucking unsociable and have an attitude problem on the net.

you said you dont do forums? 47 posts on FST isnt bad in a couple of months, so again, you lied, you do, do forums, this one.

L3g3ndary
03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
of course there is a choice

just dont become a member

that is the choice.

and did i say a few hours, i meant a few weeks to a couple of months, not just hi, hi, i like games, oh i like tv, ok trade trade trade.

not my fault you are totally fucking unsociable and have an attitude problem on the net.

you said you dont do forums? 47 posts on FST isnt bad in a couple of months, so again, you lied, you do, do forums, this one.

you are trying to hard, its a one year old account and half of my posts came from scammer reports and trade related posts in the trade section.. the other half is from arguing whith clowns

I don't have social/attitude problems, but nice try I gotta give you that, I have enough RL friends I don't need to make new ones over the internet

Funkin'
03-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Unless my math is wrong(which is completely possible), he's been here 14 month Stoi, not 2. Which that amount of posts in over a year is pretty unsociable(or just not have much time to post).

And anyways, you cannot really compare UG and BCG. Yes they are both game trackers, but UG doesn't offer all the same era of games that BCG does. They stop at PSX. It would be like comparing NT and BCG. All three sites are great at what they do though.

EDIT: Eh, that's what I get for being a slow typer.

stoi
03-03-2009, 09:04 PM
OK my bad, you are unsocialble on here as well.

I like the way you said to report scammers though, why report them, its your own fault for trading.

but i am getting very bored now with this debate, but i will leave it with this.

You use an account, you dont like it, someone else uses an account on another tracker, they dont like it.

how on earth do you know you will like their tracker, and vice versa, also they may have a shed load of hit and runs, and if that one you traded with, does cheat, it is your account name, your IPs on that account, your Emails on that account, so even if you are a good member (which is very debatable) you may be bringing in a right wanker, that will give you a bad name on all your other trackers.

I just dont see the point of the risk tbh, and i would much rather have my own name on tracker, and know, yes that ratio is all mine, yes i worked my arse off for that (all of it), every torrent in my history, i have downloaded, and some i enjoyed some i regret, but its my account, I can look on it and say yes, i am a bloody good member and no one can say otherwise.

But if you trade your accounts you cant, because you never know if the member you trade with will be a good member or not, so putting all your accounts in jeapordy on every tracker.

I can understand invite trading, at least i can say that, but i have never fathomed out why people trade accounts, unless you are after a donor/buffered account so you can then use that account to just hit and run everything, or avoid wait times, then trade it again when you use it up, for another buffered account on a not so (rare) tracker, and keep doing that, which i am sorry is just wrong.

sorry i just dont get it lol

L3g3ndary
03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
yeah well I'm also getting very bored you're not a reasonable man you just keep saying the same things over and over again and you make way too many assumptions

+you said you will "leave" so I won't even bother to respond to that big wall of text
have a nice day

stoi
03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
lazy and an arsehole then, byee

I still have not heard 1 argument apart from submissions silly point about why trading is good, because hmm its not.

typical traders the lot of you, cant answer a simple bloody question.

deadalive1
03-03-2009, 11:04 PM

Agreed, I as well. You seem to have it backwards, traders by trading are much more of a security threat to trackers and especially the inviter of person A who has traded his/her account to person B. Traders don't give a shit about the original inviter who has now been screwed over by his/her original invitee and his/her whole invite tree may or may not be banned because of the said trade.

L3g3ndary
03-04-2009, 12:19 AM
lazy and an arsehole then, byee

I still have not heard 1 argument apart from submissions silly point about why trading is good, because hmm its not.

typical traders the lot of you, cant answer a simple bloody question.

haha liar! you said that would be your last post
btw I've noticed that you are trying to offend somebody whith every single post you make, what's wrong whith you, cant handle the stress?

IdolEyes787
03-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Unfortunately some fanatical anti-traders, thanks to the methods they employ ,are as least as amoral as the people they hunt.
Like religious zealots they delude themselves into believing all is right in service of their "God".

@L3g3ndary give it a break or I will be calling you an arsehole too.

Cabalo
03-04-2009, 01:17 AM
meh, the problem is, when the users are too young, they take this shit too serious. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9949/sleepy.gif

L3g3ndary
03-04-2009, 01:29 AM
@L3g3ndary give it a break or I will be calling you an arsehole too.

like if was the only that is involved in the argument :01:

Col. Skillz
03-04-2009, 03:02 AM
how about you reading some of my posts before talking shit?
I never said UG is better, I siad I wouldn't trade it for 10 BCG...
unfortunately for you? this means you don't have a BCG acc? then how the fuck do you know its better anyway?

whoah whoah mate, relax, i meant no offense.

I didn't read the whole thing, but I figured someone got banned or rejected from BCG and started trashing the place. maybe i was wrong, idk or care really

It doesn't take being a a member of a tracker to know how it compares, stick around here for a month and you know which ones are well reviewed/desired. also, like funkin' said, they both have different aims, as UG is pure retro, and BCG is more like bitgamer.

Honestly, I would never give up my UG account, but i still believe BCG is the better tracker (speeds, peers, torrents, content), and would make good use out of them both.

Oh and idol, the religious zealots aren't near as hardcore as PETA :lol:

wildbytes
03-04-2009, 03:37 AM
hehe

its easy to find traders all you need is a script to look for them. When we out hunting we find about 95% if not better. Many sites are now doing this also. we have been doing it for over 2 years.

Trading accounts is dead fucking wrong.

Wild

Skiz
03-04-2009, 03:48 AM
I just happened uponed this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents.

If you ban traders; then you ban anti-traders. Who's left? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
03-04-2009, 03:56 AM
hehe

its easy to find traders all you need is a script to look for them. When we out hunting we find about 95% if not better.

Wild

Doesn't seem to help me at all.

http://bibliotique.net/images/323356.jpg

Attracts nerds like a magnet though.

Col. Skillz
03-04-2009, 03:58 AM

giveaways and requests? unless they fall under traders for you. I don't think we should ban traders, but sharks who go around setting people up and ratting them out don't belong in a community that's so heavy on trading/giveaways

with that said, the trading subforum should have a bigass warning, TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Detale
03-04-2009, 06:55 AM

Staff:yahoo:

puckface
03-04-2009, 08:06 AM

wankers. (lounge people if you will)

Skiz
03-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Well, regardless of who you are you either trade (trader) or you don't (anti-trader). :unsure:

puckface
03-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Well, regardless of who you are you either trade (trader) or you don't (anti-trader). :unsure:

I dont think 100% of people fit in one of those categories, But hey, thats just me.

pone44
03-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Not trying to quarrel here but i don't understand some of the point of views given here.:mellow:

The choices in this poll are very harsh if ever implemented, which i could never see happen as most anti-tarders are really undercover traders,some are really not! I know that to be true.
It would be a very small user base if any site was to ban members that are rule abiding-non trading and also ban the traders/those who defy tracker rules. So this poll is pretty hard to even take seroiously,:wacko: actually can not take it seriously at all. :lol: No offense!
As i posted i do not care for those who defy their trackers rules as they do not own the account! It is owned by whoever owns the tracker, just like when you lease a Car. You can not just go sell the vehicle to somebody else (take no responsibility) and run away with the $ as you do not Own that car.
Basically it is a privilege to be a member at any tracker and if rules are broke that shows a lack of respect-loyalty to that certain staff and the rest of the BT community! But that is the individual member's choice and will always come with consequences!

Swift
03-04-2009, 08:47 AM

The philosophers , trollers , bashers , lurckers , spammers , haters , etc.

TP635
03-04-2009, 09:08 AM
The Poll question ask:

Should anti-traders be banned from trading?

Anti-traders by definition don't trade; banning them from trading doesn't make sense at all.

apextwin146
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM

Actually no, the people who made private trackers want more than just anonymous leechers/seeders, why on earth would they be a *private community if they wanted that. The whole point of a private bit torrent tracker is a small (they have user limits) user group that are known. By known I mean that make a contribution to the tracker be it via uploading, irc and forum activity not just leeching the files.If the staff of the trackers just wanted a huge amount of leechers/seeders they could just set up the tracker as a public one, but no, they, the people that made the tracker in the first place made a private place to share privately.
**Maybe you should ask the staff of the trackers that you so want to be a part of what they want and expect from a user. If you just want to leech files then usenet is beckoning and of course then there is no upload ratio required.
The whole point of the filesharing community and the bit torrent trackers in particular is to share, not just files but to share as a community.
Artemis its not a community in the first place .. Do u think BT was developed so that we could share the stuff or open "Rate lesbian couple" threads?
*Do u remember y the Bit Torrent protocol was developed in the first place? It was to act as a decentralized medium to distribute the files at high speeds .. FTP was good back then but then a lot of sites were falling prey to the whole bunch of authorities so they needed something where the content would not just be present at one place but distributed so that if even one of the host dies off u still have others to copy it from ..
Next the forums were created to help the members out with the common questions etc they had on the protocol and other .. how can you contribute to a 0-day tracker if u dont a a scene/p2l source urself .. tae for Eg ScT and FTN do they allow ur regular members to upload freely? No . They ask if u have axx and then only .. So how is this sharing community shaping out here?
Also if i remember the privacy and small userbase was given more important after the great tracker bust sequence in 2006 or so when a majority of trackers were taken down .. This was done more so to protect their arses and keep the site secure (I am not talking here from the trader/Anti shit but the whole community shit that the likes of u keep bringing up here) ..
** I did ask and the response as stated as always was dont cheat,seed till u die .. Not to keep the forum lively ..
That brings me to the next question as to which tracker do u think i so desperately wanna be a part of? As far as i remember i hvnt requested sqat here(or any other arse licking forums) expect a ipod tracker or BMTV ..

pone44
03-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Pointless poll and makes no sense! :dabs:

As someone pointed out the topic title "Should anti-traders be banned"-uh WTH?? :blink: Is plain ridiculous!

Artemis
03-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Actually no, the people who made private trackers want more than just anonymous leechers/seeders, why on earth would they be a *private community if they wanted that. The whole point of a private bit torrent tracker is a small (they have user limits) user group that are known. By known I mean that make a contribution to the tracker be it via uploading, irc and forum activity not just leeching the files.If the staff of the trackers just wanted a huge amount of leechers/seeders they could just set up the tracker as a public one, but no, they, the people that made the tracker in the first place made a private place to share privately.
**Maybe you should ask the staff of the trackers that you so want to be a part of what they want and expect from a user. If you just want to leech files then usenet is beckoning and of course then there is no upload ratio required.
Artemis its not a community in the first place .. Do u think BT was developed so that we could share the stuff or open "Rate lesbian couple" threads?
*Do u remember y the Bit Torrent protocol was developed in the first place? It was to act as a decentralized medium to distribute the files at high speeds .. FTP was good back then but then a lot of sites were falling prey to the whole bunch of authorities so they needed something where the content would not just be present at one place but distributed so that if even one of the host dies off u still have others to copy it from ..
Next the forums were created to help the members out with the common questions etc they had on the protocol and other .. how can you contribute to a 0-day tracker if u dont a a scene/p2l source urself .. tae for Eg ScT and FTN do they allow ur regular members to upload freely? No . They ask if u have axx and then only .. So how is this sharing community shaping out here?
Also if i remember the privacy and small userbase was given more important after the great tracker bust sequence in 2006 or so when a majority of trackers were taken down .. This was done more so to protect their arses and keep the site secure (I am not talking here from the trader/Anti shit but the whole community shit that the likes of u keep bringing up here) ..
** I did ask and the response as stated as always was dont cheat,seed till u die .. Not to keep the forum lively ..
That brings me to the next question as to which tracker do u think i so desperately wanna be a part of? As far as i remember i hvnt requested sqat here(or any other arse licking forums) expect a ipod tracker or BMTV ..

I know exactly why the BT protocol was originally created and it has nothing to do with it's current use (well except maybe for linuxtracker and other OSS repositories).
We are talking about private trackers here not the public ones, and I will say again that the people who created these private trackers did so to have a group of known users that were invited to be a part of the community. Now this is an important point because trackers are starting now have higher user classes based on a far more wide variety of activity on the website than just a certain amount uploaded.
F*** for instance has a whole series of different things that need to be achieved before you become an SU or HU, but there are many other examples where criteria are being changed away from purely upload to other activity on the tracker, i.e. FtN's policy on invites is another example.
What most people forget is that they are guests of the website that they are joining when they get the invite, it is a private site with its own rules where a group of people created a private place to share files.
I will say it again the aim of the people who created these sites was not in every case to have the biggest seeder/leecher ratio if this was the case then ScT or TL would be the be all & end all of 0day sites, they are by far the fastest after all with the widest range of files.
But the smaller private communities that everyone incidentally so need and dream of actually want a different type of user, these rare 'high level' trackers actually want to remain small and private with a known userbase and actually want far more than just seeders/leechers.
I think the point of being a member of bit torrent sites is more than just to seed, all you have to down is wander away leaving your PC running, not really a huge amount of effort on anyones part and this is why more and more sites are now using no ratio and other means to determine good users and I think you will see this trend continue to grow.

ghurka
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
This was always going to be a totally useless poll.

If traders want to trade then at FST they have that right.

If members want to report that trade or staff want to find them and ban them from their tracker then they have that right too.

Traders know they trade at their own risk so don't fucking bleat about it when you get caught. If you don't want to be caught then you just don't trade. Now isn't that simple.

03-05-2009, 06:21 AM
No , and i hate to call them Anti-Traders

they should know as " Law Force "

Tokeman
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM

And who wants to hang around law enforcement? They are always taking my weed :(

Swift
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM

as if i trust the LAW

jasperr
03-05-2009, 05:29 PM

With views like this tracker forums might not make much sense.. what's wrong with trackers bringing in the "Community Feel"?? or making friends?? or having fun even??? It might not be what or what the BT protocol was built for but, why does it have to remain limited to just torrenting?? and to point out some things in your post.. trackers like S*T and F*N ask for users with seedbox and/or "AXX" is because that's what users want and expect.. peeps want everything yesterday and squabble over secs and who's got the faster what..in otherwords that part is about "PRE-TIMES" .. why that matters so much to so many is beyond me but, it is.. and yes the idea of "private trackers" did come about from trackers wanting to protect their asses. I think it's become more than just that now.. Now it's to help keep out users that should only be using sites like mininova and TPB, Kazaa even because they don't know how to be a member of a tracker. Goining back to basic torrenting principles here but, trackers are for file SHARING and for some people they just can't get that concept.. So, they use cheat programs to fake ratios to avoid getting banned for HnR because they can't be bothered with following simple rules :frusty:. That's one of the main reasons trackers run private now-a-days.. and sadly it has brought upon the idea of "Trading" as a side effect becuase of the sites being private and not everyone can get an invite.. which trading circumvents security because once a account is traded tracker staff have no idea who is on their trackers.. and thats the problem with it!

susiserken
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM

what comes around goes around i only invite people i know and trust to keep a good ratio on sites i have no problem letting my invites rot on my accounts haha :cool:

wiseD
03-05-2009, 10:32 PM
It's got nothing to do with whether people are anti-trader, non-trader, trader or whatever, the fact is trackers don't allow it. That's why it's frowned upon - because it compromises the security and privacy of the members, and the site as a whole.

Therefore, catch 'em if you can.

MadIrish
03-06-2009, 12:46 AM
I know exactly why the BT protocol was originally created and it has nothing to do with it's current use (well except maybe for linuxtracker and other OSS repositories).
We are talking about private trackers here not the public ones, and I will say again that the people who created these private trackers did so to have a group of known users that were invited to be a part of the community. Now this is an important point because trackers are starting now have higher user classes based on a far more wide variety of activity on the website than just a certain amount uploaded.
F*** for instance has a whole series of different things that need to be achieved before you become an SU or HU, but there are many other examples where criteria are being changed away from purely upload to other activity on the tracker, i.e. FtN's policy on invites is another example.
What most people forget is that they are guests of the website that they are joining when they get the invite, it is a private site with its own rules where a group of people created a private place to share files.
I will say it again the aim of the people who created these sites was not in every case to have the biggest seeder/leecher ratio if this was the case then ScT or TL would be the be all & end all of 0day sites, they are by far the fastest after all with the widest range of files.
But the smaller private communities that everyone incidentally so need and dream of actually want a different type of user, these rare 'high level' trackers actually want to remain small and private with a known userbase and actually want far more than just seeders/leechers.
I think the point of being a member of bit torrent sites is more than just to seed, all you have to down is wander away leaving your PC running, not really a huge amount of effort on anyones part and this is why more and more sites are now using no ratio and other means to determine good users and I think you will see this trend continue to grow.

Tbh I kinda think the truth is somewhere in the middle of your and aphextwin's positions. You say that the people who created private trackers did so to have a group of known users within a community. Well, yeah, they did, but the prime purpose of those communities was still for their users to share files between themselves. The difference was that the BT community as a whole was nowhere near as cynical, and clinical, as it is now, and that "community" didn't have to be a forced construct. Wdgaf and all that ;)

In the days when the vast majority of users were downloading and seeding from their home connections, and when unique content was common, share ratio (and occasionally, overall seeding time) were much more relevant. On my very first "private" tracker, the first one you mention in your above post actually, I used to have all sorts of random conversations and contact with other members over the torrents themselves; people offering to upload similar things to stuff which you might have snatched, suggesting other things you might be interested in, or just initiating conversations about what would obviously be shared interests. That was what I think a real torrent "community" should be about.

But then things started to change. People started wanting access to sites not because of the content, but because of the rarity, because of the e-penis or whatever. People started downloading tons of files they never had any intention of using or watching to build up utterly pointless TB buffers, and started renting seedboxes to make those into pointless 5TB ones. I remember when 1.05 was considered the perfect ratio for everyone bar regular initial uploaders (and tbh, I personally think it still is), but that one's well gone from most people's understandings.

Most of that now is done by people to get a "better reputation", often to help them get more invites to more sites they don't need, justified by them supposedly wanting to be involved in more "great communities" - those where they find their massive buffers don't impress people they just spam the forums and irc with inane drivel trying to reach the "non-torrent activity" requirements for higher status. Frankly, and maybe its just because I'm turning into an old git, I think those sites (at least the ones I'm on) had far better communities ages ago, before all that really began and anyone else had really heard of them, when it was just about sharing files amongst similar minded people in a safe, secure and friendly environment, rather than all the other nonsense we see now.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, and massively off topic for the thread, so I'll stop..... although the original topic's just stupid so perhaps that's no bad thing :D

apextwin146
03-06-2009, 04:53 AM
In the days when the vast majority of users were downloading and seeding from their home connections, and when unique content was common, share ratio (and occasionally, overall seeding time) were much more relevant. On my very first "private" tracker, the first one you mention in your above post actually, I used to have all sorts of random conversations and contact with other members over the torrents themselves; people offering to upload similar things to stuff which you might have snatched, suggesting other things you might be interested in, or just initiating conversations about what would obviously be shared interests. That was what I think a real torrent "community" should be about.

Thats rite .. thats what it was all .. But now trackers want people that can make the forums active by watever means necessary . Others want members who can be chirpy in the IRC .. What the hell is that .. I spam and spam and talk bullshit in IRC am i considered a active member in the tracker .. Apparantly Yes!!! Chk out with F*** and see if how ppl get SU (forums,lil uploading and IRC)

b3owulf
03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Trading will never be tolerated by torrent sites and whatever you do admins will track you down and ban for sure. You can't do anything with this, admit it!

Albo Da Kid
03-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Subbmission, show a little more respect man. Someone who puts his time and patience into improving the BT, deserves a little more respect than that.
I don't think he hangs out here solely to catch traders. If you check his post history you would notice that his discussions are mostly about imrpoving trackers and making them more efficient.
Sure he talks mostly about BCG, but the same chemestry aplies to all trackers so other staff members are learning a thing or two from his ideas.
As I said don't let one hole or two in someone's behaviour change their whole POV about them. Stoi's one of the most productive members around here and it would be wise to show him the respect that he deserves. At the end of the day that's what these guys put all this effort in BT. For respect and the love of sharing. Ofc some do it for the profit, but I can guarantee you stoi and a couple of others have good intentions.

Detale
03-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Trading will never be tolerated by torrent sites and whatever you do admins will track you down and ban for sure. You can't do anything with this, admit it!

Ummm no. There are many many sites out there that could care less about trading.

stoi
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
yes but most of those are lvl 1-2 or not even on the WTAW, most of the trackers that are on the WTAW hate it, but the reason they are on there is trading purposes lol sort of ironic dont you think.

pone44
03-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Trading is just the nature of some people! Is human nature to want what they can not have or at least be curious about it.Still that does not justify breaking a trackers rules!
Some are willing to disregard all rules and snake other members just to get what they want. What goes around comes around!

BTW-What is a wtaw :P
joke^

senegal
03-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Banned! Banned! Banned!
Banned all those guys!