PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of Warez forums when you use bittorrent?

m021478
03-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Is there any point to using warez forums (such as warez-bb.org or forumw.org) if you happen to be a member of some great private trackers like torrentleech, hdbits.org, revtt, iptorrents, etc...

Please advise...Thanks!

Cabalo
03-02-2009, 11:31 PM
i thought the same you know. i disliked warez boards, but recently i found them a good use.
this is especially true when sometimes you want to download some older stuff (2 weeks +, yeah i know, it's old ) and probably you won't be able to seed back at your favourite tracker(s).
i also use it for many phone apps (mostly map updates for navigation systems), templates and web related stuff, and sometimes some album.

it's a lot more useful than i expected it to be.

ryan20021982
03-02-2009, 11:54 PM
there the best for apps IMO

Sonnentier
03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
but watch out for trojans and stuff :unsure:

yankeezfan1
03-03-2009, 01:12 AM
applications

I can find any program I want at wbb

hayden61108
03-03-2009, 01:37 AM
i agree, wbb is for stuff thats older and not easy to get on bitorrent 0day trackers, also they have just software keys you can download too and among other stuff, actually wbb got me into private bitorrent

Funkin'
03-03-2009, 02:06 AM
I actually use them much more than trackers. I like being able to download everything at full speed and not having to worry about a ratio. The lossless trackers are pretty much the only trackers I download from on a daily basis anymore. I also use general trackers for the latest show or movie that I want really fast, since it will show up on the tracker a lot sooner than a warez forum.

But pretty much for any music I can't find on the lossless trackers, and older content(tv shows, seasons, movies) I'll use sites like WBB.

BlackKnight
03-03-2009, 02:43 AM
warez forums are better than trackers to find some rare movies because I can get them with fast speed. (you can still find rare movies in some special trackers but it often take days to finish a movie because of low seeders, while you can get them faster even if you don't have RS account).

I think no trackers can get close to warez-bb but it's different when I search for HD movies. HD trackers are better imo, so if I can only have a tracker for my whole life, I'll choose Hdbits because almost other things I can get from warez forums.

lukekenny
03-03-2009, 02:44 AM
elearning stuff are aplenty in the warez forums. much more compared to the trackers

apextwin146
03-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Is there any point to using warez forums (such as warez-bb.org or forumw.org) if you happen to be a member of some great private trackers like torrentleech, hdbits.org, revtt, iptorrents, etc...

Please advise...Thanks!
Because the Trackers are 0-day but the Warez Boards arnt .. Pretty much every torrent on a tracker after two months or so is slow where as in warez that aint the case ..

saulin
03-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Good luck getting 6 months old stuff or older on torrent trackers. Warez boards usually have very old stuff and you don't have to worry about seeders. You always get max speed :)

I have a few torrent trackers and also usenet and I was not able to find a HD rip of a movie I was looking for. It was released in 2007. But I did find it on a warez board.

Most trackers are really only great for 0-day stuff. Warez boards have both new and old stuff.

Sanka113
03-03-2009, 04:52 AM
^^^ It really does depend on the tracker. While most 0-day trackers don't have the greatest retention there's more than a few that keep stuff seeded we'll past 6 months. Both rapidshare and bt are great sources of getting pirated goods and they compliment each other well.

Stranger99
03-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Awesome for appz and older stuff!!

iLOVENZB
03-03-2009, 08:09 AM
but watch out for trojans and stuff :unsure:

:blink:. You're more likely to find REAL trojans on public tracker then warez forums.

Also there is no 'seed back' ratio but it's nice to share.

Funkin'
03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Both rapidshare and bt are great sources of getting pirated goods and they compliment each other well.

Totally agreed.

And yeah, I've downloaded a TON of shit from WBB and other forums over the past year or so since I got into warez forums, and I haven't came across one single virus. Perhaps that happened a lot years ago, but I doubt it's as common nowadays.

iLOVENZB
03-03-2009, 08:44 AM
I've downloaded a TON of shit from WBB and other forums over the past year or so since I got into warez forums, and I haven't came across one single virus. Perhaps that happened a lot years ago, but I doubt it's as common nowadays.

So true, as long as you download from trusted sources there shouldn't be an excuse.

Obviously you download download from Release Blog comments :lol:

Disme
03-03-2009, 08:54 AM
I use them mainly for appz and older things you can't find/request on trackers.

There are some very good ones out there.

Cradle
03-03-2009, 12:49 PM
They are both handy in their own ways. I find that BT is good for most things, but when it comes to older content (particularly movies), ebooks, appz and the occasional album warez are better. The best part about warez is that you can max out your speed on alder content whose speed on a tracker would be abysmal.