PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Vs RS ??!!?

apextwin146
03-03-2009, 11:03 AM
What i dont get is y are ppl paying huge chunks of money just to buffer their accounts a bit instead of using that money to get Rapidshare for a longer duration ..
The average Seedbox user pays atleast $40 per month which can easily translate to a 6 month account ..
Rapidshare trully has much more content and 0-day sites at any given time ..
So If u r gonna pay mite as well get RS ?

Discuss ..

iLOVENZB
03-03-2009, 11:19 AM
RS? Is that a joke?

Their daily DL limits are ridiculous

apextwin146
03-03-2009, 11:33 AM
By RS i mean all the file hosting sites :dabs: ..

Sanka113
03-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Server's are worth having if you use it for a variety of different trackers. For certain things trackers are just better than RS for. But you're right in that if a person is just using a seedbox for a site like TL then a rs account would probably serve them better.

Sonnentier
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Newsgroups, file hosting sites... they are all structured for an average person to download.
They can centrally manage the storage of files, every downloader contributes to a pool that is accessible for all people.

So in that respect they pay better for one to get files; seedboxes used to be giving also instead of downloading only, but today that so many people purchase one, they are rather seen as ratio killer and not really useful to the community, bringing it down to self advantage just like having an account at pay2leech servers.

I like file hosting sites for the fact that you are still giving back by supporting servers that allow free downloading for other users.

UsenetGuy
03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Forget filehosting accounts and seedboxes, Usenet ftw :happy:
$11 no speed limit, no download limit, all files stored for 270 days.. :P

Pixel
03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Forget filehosting accounts and seedboxes, Usenet ftw :happy:
$11 no speed limit, no download limit, all files stored for 270 days.. :P

While I agree, there is nowhere near the variety of files that trackers have. And I love my giganews! :)

Funkin'
03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I agree with apex. Most tracker members(not all) rent servers for the wrong reasons. If you're an uploader for a tracker, then renting a box is totally jusified. Or maybe you have a total shit connection(something like 5-10kb/s up) and it's almost impossible for you to seed. Since most trackers nowadays are filled with seedbox whores, it is sometimes hard to compete if you have a very slow upload.

But if you're renting one just to reach the next userclass, or just to get invites, or just to grab all the new files only to rack a ton of upload on them just to impress people with your ratio, and then never ever use these files, than you are lame. Why throw your money away for that?

You can pay much less a month for a file hosting account(or a usenet account) and get the same files that you're getting off of these trackers with your rented box.

Kalvin
08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Well you gotta understand many people use it to seed and boost their ratio. I personally use a seedbox to uplaod to filesharing sites. But i use Megashares to download my movies and shows.

apextwin146
08-06-2009, 11:31 AM
^ Magashares?
How is that?

Funkin'
08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
It's great when you can find what you're looking for. Which at most sites you can find new content with MS links. But for older content, not so much...

tippertime
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
if you are using a box to boost your ratio its not like you have to keep getting one every month...1 or 2 months should give you enough of a buffer to leech off of for a long time.

KushBlow
08-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Nothing can compare to the chasing, racing, layout and community of some private trackers.

apextwin146
08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah only if u have enuff time for it .. To keep things in perspective i use private trackers to download stuff .. Basically i do that .. Rest of u folks just have way too much time on your hands

Rart
08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Easier to find content, no need to worry about viruses.

beansis
08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I think mu is better and less expensive than rs in general, except rs is more common and has more foreign and hard to find material
megashares, imo, is basically the same as usenet, as far as content goes

main downside of direct download is that there is no encrypted connection

. . .my $00.02

Funkin'
08-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Nothing can compare to the chasing, racing, layout and community of some private trackers.

I guess... If you're into that sort of thing... But some of us only want to illegaly download files.

And in my experience neither of these comments are true. There's been a lot of content that I could find on warez forums that I couldn't on the bittorrent trackers. And I've never gotten a virus from any of the sites I've downloaded from.

KushBlow
08-07-2009, 04:44 AM
I guess... If you're into that sort of thing... But some of us only want to illegaly download files.

Right. Also on warez forums you can find stuff found nowhere else, although that can be said with torrents as well sometimes.

I think the best solution is to have a seedbox and RS premium account :).

Rart
08-07-2009, 06:05 AM

And in my experience neither of these comments are true. There's been a lot of content that I could find on warez forums that I couldn't on the bittorrent trackers. And I've never gotten a virus from any of the sites I've downloaded from.

I've never actually DLed with warez-bb, but it seems like almost anyone can post a link. A lot of torrent sites have strict upload rules and only allow uploaders to upload. Surely that should be safer?

KushBlow
08-07-2009, 06:09 AM

I've never actually DLed with warez-bb, but it seems like almost anyone can post a link. A lot of torrent sites have strict upload rules and only allow uploaders to upload. Surely that should be safer?

Yes somewhat, but then again there are trusted uploaders on say - for example - warez-bb (areg, nVidia, and a few others come to mind), and you usually look at the guy's post count and comments before downloading.

apextwin146
08-07-2009, 06:17 AM

This is whats the beauty of it .. I dont need to have scene Axx to upload a torrent in pvt tracker .. Thats the reason why so much content is possible ..

beethoven
08-07-2009, 06:34 AM
do all the big releases, like hd content, come out at RS then?
I prefer torrents, but more because of not knowing RS that well

iLOVENZB
08-07-2009, 11:43 AM
do all the big releases, like hd content, come out at RS then?
I prefer torrents, but more because of not knowing RS that well

Depends on the forum you're on. On the high profile forums like tehPARADOX, Warez-BB, WarezScene, HD-BB etc there are tons of RS links.

Just look around (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=0si&q=2009+x264+site%3Arapidshare.com&btnG=Search&meta=)

manu1991
08-07-2009, 11:46 AM
^^ but doesnt have RS have daily restrictions ? Or are they removed ?

beethoven
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
""A premium account enables you to download 5 Gigabyte per day, that's 5.000.000.000 byte. The volume not used is automatically transferred to the following day, up to a maximum of 25 gigabyte.""

25 is not that much

sez
08-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I think its hard to pick one.Personally as we speak at the moment,i get nearly all my stuff through warez forums.They are more convenient for me coz with travel and everything I just can't find the time to leech and still be able to seed to a 1:1.But its a shame what's happening to BT.From ratio whores to level whores to kids who think they are l33+ coz they pirate from certain trackers,i mean its all just ridiculous.
as for content,i'd say warez forums most definitely take it.BT may have the occasional rare flick or series but overall I don't think it matches to what's shared on these 1 click hosts and don't even get me started on retention.
Am even tempted to say that the only good thing that's left of BT is the irc and perhaps the occasional nice forums.
Anyways just my 2 cents.

Rart
08-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Even though I do realize this is a "seedbox" vs rs debate, you do have to realize that torrenting has the option of being completely free, and unless you want to be on the most "l33t" of sites, you don't really need a seedbox to survive. With RS you're severely limited unless you are able to pay a hefty monthly fee for a premium account. TL has all the content you'll ever need, and its a breeze to seed at, = free.

momassalha
08-08-2009, 08:12 AM
for me i prefer rs its more easier and cheaper and for me its more comfortable no need to seed back .

KushBlow
08-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Even though I do realize this is a "seedbox" vs rs debate, you do have to realize that torrenting has the option of being completely free, and unless you want to be on the most "l33t" of sites, you don't really need a seedbox to survive. With RS you're severely limited unless you are able to pay a hefty monthly fee for a premium account. TL has all the content you'll ever need, and its a breeze to seed at, = free.

I've extended my account with points every month for a year now. The points never seem to run out.

Funkin'
08-11-2009, 04:04 AM
Besides, that so-called "hefy monthly fee", is only a few measly dollars(he must have gotten that confused with a seedboxes monthly fee).

AlexJ
08-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I think seedboxes are better than RS,
With there 200 MB limit it's alot slower to download than with a seedbox.

Sonnentier
08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
With there 200 MB limit it's alot slower to download than with a seedbox.
Do you mean the part size or what? Why should you bother if you have a premium account.

$SnoopDo2G$
08-11-2009, 11:36 PM
lol i have a premium account for about 2 years and kept on extending it every 6months
approx. with my rs points :D i share a lot then i can grab a lot :)

+ i use free NG account which is real better than payin' shit each month
or whatever for a freakin' seedbox lol...

you'd better grab an offshore hosting account and then upload
with some friends and setup a FTP than use any kind of seedbox...
way cheaper & much more convenient...
i've tried it all from dedicated server to seedbox crap n finally
choosed offshore shared account with cpanel at a very good price :)

AlexJ
08-13-2009, 03:06 PM
@Sonnentier

Downloading multhple files with RS slows it down by 50 % for me,
And there aren't that many premium links so i don't see the point in having an RS premium.