PDA

View Full Version : Customise Win 2k Install

Livy
09-19-2003, 12:09 AM
im going to put 2k on my system soon, and i was wondering would i could do to customise the cd, like whats installed auto put the serial in, and put some drivers is, is this possible if so can someone give me info to customise it or links.

Livy
09-19-2003, 11:48 AM
bump, :D

balamm
09-19-2003, 11:58 AM
You can slipstream the service packs but you're stuck with them if they turn out to have a problem. MS has a page on it but all I remember is the -s command.
I'm a purist when it comes to OS CD's so I can't help you beyond that.

james_bond_rulez
09-19-2003, 12:05 PM
i am a purist too :D

Livy
09-19-2003, 12:12 PM
the win 2k cd i got of emule already has sp4 in it.
i just knew in 98 i think that u could do something with an oem file i think so u didnt have to put in the serial, and other things.

balamm
09-19-2003, 12:20 PM
I've seen it done. Maybe check with windows beta, see what they have in addition to bootable info. WinEdit might be of some use in rewriting the GUI's but whether the number would stick, I don't know. That'd be a good question for Paul maybe.

I tried SP4 several times and I've gone back to SP 3 with handpicked updates. SP4 was causing way too many program errors and wouldn't allow some things to install properly at all.

james_bond_rulez
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
just install the sp1 version and update your way up

it's easier that way

Livy
09-19-2003, 12:30 PM
i'll hav a look, i just want it so i can just leave it and it will install everything i want, leave th crap of and install my drivers. which should be possible, as it will basically be an oem cd, as they put there own drivers on sometime si think.

Livy
09-19-2003, 12:35 PM
http://www.willowhayes.co.uk/windows2000/

http://www.willowhayes.co.uk/windows2000/custom.doc

Livy
09-22-2003, 02:36 AM
just been giving it ago, the info in the resource kit i downloaded wasnt very easy to find or that good, the online win 2k resource kit was easyer to understand, u can also install apps using commands. if necessary, and drivers using oem commands, but they have to be copyed from cd first, but the auto install does that too, u can also set it to automatically do everything, which is handy if u reformat alot, and put latest drivers on, im sure u can do the same with win xp aswell.