PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!

supastylin
09-19-2003, 01:48 AM
Ok. This is doing a Windows 2000 pro setup/format I deleted a partition on my computer. and all there is left is an UNFORMATTED section and that's it. So i reboot the computer manually. And it comes on saying

OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

I push a button and it comes up again. I tried using boot disks and CD's but it won't work.

asmithz
09-19-2003, 01:58 AM
You need to put in you win2000 disc and reinstall it, it will format the drive and set everything up.

supastylin
09-19-2003, 02:02 AM
It won't work at all the windows 2000 cd that is cause it just goes 2 operating system not found.

asmithz
09-19-2003, 02:06 AM
When it starts up keep hitting F8 or [del] to bring up your bios. There should be an option in there to boot from cd. You may have it turned off. Also are the cd's iso or is it just a installatiion that you downloaded.

supastylin
09-19-2003, 02:08 AM
it's a copy of the original win 2k pro installation and i put the cd- check first and it still isn't working.

balamm
09-19-2003, 02:14 AM
Standard win2k pro disks that haven't been bastardized need 4 floppys to install. They are available from the CD running in any 32 bit windows system. Or may be downloaded from bootdisk.com? org?

This is the server page but pro is similar
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techi...serversteps.asp (http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/server/serversteps.asp)

This installation procedure starts with making boot disks. You start the installation after booting from these disks. This procedure is used for these guides so that you can easily reconfigure the disk partitions.

Note: When you configure partitions and format drives, any data on the server hard drive is destroyed.

Making the Windows 2000 Installation Floppy Disks
You need four formatted disks and the Windows 2000 Server CD. On a computer running a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system:

Insert the Windows 2000 Server CD into the CD-ROM drive.

When prompted, Would you like to upgrade to Windows 2000, click No.

On the Windows 2000 Server CD splash screen, click Browse This CD.

When a list of folders appears, double-click the BOOTDISK folder.

Double-click MAKEBT32.

At the prompt, Please specify the floppy drive to copy the images to, type: A.

Insert the first disk, and press Enter.

Follow the instructions to create the remaining three disks.

Best Practice: Label the disks as prompted during the creation process so that you will know the correct order to use them for Setup.

Close the BOOTDISK folder and close the Windows 2000 CD splash screen.

supastylin
09-19-2003, 02:16 AM
I already have boot disks.

balamm
09-19-2003, 02:18 AM
If you have an original, clean version CD, then you should download SP3 or SP4 and any other known updates before installing win2k so that you limit the amount of time you are exposed to the net without patches and updated security.

balamm
09-19-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by supastylin@18 September 2003 - 19:16
I already have boot disks.
What boot disks do you have? Are they specifically for this version of win2k? Each version requires a different floppy set.

_puffin_
09-19-2003, 02:26 AM
you might not have a bootable cd drive if so you should create a set of bootable setup floppies on a different comp. just look in your win2k cd for a "BOOTDISK" folder then select "MAKEBOOT32.exe"(MAKEBOOT.exe for win98/me/95...) TO START :alien:

supastylin
09-19-2003, 02:27 AM
I need to know how to fix the error so i can install an operating system on my computer

Ok. This is doing a Windows 2000 pro setup/format I deleted a partition on my computer. and all there is left is an UNFORMATTED section and that's it. So i reboot the computer manually. And it comes on saying

OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

I push a button and it comes up again. I tried using boot disks and CD's but it won't work.

balamm
09-19-2003, 02:31 AM
If you don't want to answer the questions asked, then why don't we just close this thread.
Are you even reading the replies?

supastylin
09-19-2003, 02:37 AM
I am reading them but did you read ALL fo the post i posted in the first place.

I HAVE TRIED ~~~~ALL~~~~ BOOT DISKS AND CD'S AND IT STILL WON'T WORK.

Now don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to be mean but after saying that i have used boot disks and they dont work what is the point of asking about boot disks?

_puffin_
09-19-2003, 02:42 AM
maybe you fried the fatherboard :huh:

Keikan
09-19-2003, 02:42 AM
Do you know what go into your bios is?

balamm
09-19-2003, 02:44 AM
you keep saying "boot floppys". I keep asking what these floppys are and where you got them. you won't answer.
Are these the proper 4 floppys created for your win2k? Are they STARTUP floppys?

Is your floppy drive set to allow booting from?