PDA

View Full Version : AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot) v2.55

SonsOfLiberty
03-04-2009, 03:50 AM
Seems AutoGK finally released a stable version :lol:, what after like 4-5 years :lol:

AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot) 2.55

Version 2.55 is out!

Release newsFinally we're at a point when a stable version is ready! Change log:

- XviD bundled was still 1.3.0 somehow, which is updated to 1.2.1
- ColorMatrix filter updated

http://www.autogk.me.uk/index.php

Alternate Download Link:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/AutoGK-Auto-Gordian-Knot.shtml

Overlord
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Man that my favorite program by far for converting to xvid back in the day. It's been 2 years since the last stable, and there was over a full year with no updates. But I'm glad he got back to working on it again. I hope he starts work on a front-end for x264 in the future.

SonsOfLiberty
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Man that my favorite program by far for converting to xvid back in the day. It's been 2 years since the last stable, and there was over a full year with no updates. But I'm glad he got back to working on it again. I hope he starts work on a front-end for x264 in the future.

Try this if you want x264
http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/

Overlord
03-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I do use StaxRip right now and it's a nice program, it just crashes a bit too much for my liking.

SonsOfLiberty
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Haven't used it enuff to notice :( There's also another great alternative too.

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

I've used it for all kinds of re-encoding or encodings, but nothing over 1GB and it has the ability to re-encode to any format from any format. Also, can do DVD's as well, along with about any format out there including x264 and so forth.

Overlord
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I notice most crashes when I queue up a lot of jobs. I'd estimate the crash rate at 10-15% under those circumstances. If I only queue up one or two at a time, it's fine most of the time.

Thanks for the tip on MediaCoder, I'll check it out.

db_la_23
03-05-2009, 02:27 AM
thanks super i love this prog

SonsOfLiberty
03-05-2009, 03:04 AM
I notice most crashes when I queue up a lot of jobs. I'd estimate the crash rate at 10-15% under those circumstances. If I only queue up one or two at a time, it's fine most of the time.

Thanks for the tip on MediaCoder, I'll check it out.

I used it today and was ripping some old Scare Tatics I capped on to a DVDR not to long ago. It contained to sets 2 episodes and Stax crashed on me, but I did it with AutoGK and did fine...

I just bought a new system (hand built) and was just testing the system, video encodes used to take me 5-7 hours, now less than 2 hours :lol:

Overlord
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Did it crash when loading the source or in the middle of a job?

Congrats on the new system!

SonsOfLiberty
03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Right as it started, like 20 seconds in. I will try it again, to see if it's just a fluke, the older versions never crashed.

Overlord
03-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah, could be just v1.1.1 has a major bug in it... I haven't tried to encode anything but DVD rips straight from DVD Decrypter for a while... Are the source files AVIs? Setting the source filter to DirectShow might help.

SonsOfLiberty
03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
No the source are .vob. I was ripping episodic type stuff, from a DVDR that I capped off of the TV.

Overlord
03-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Ah, I wouldn't know what's wrong then... But this is just another example of how AutoGK is a lot more stable. I like StaxRip because it's a nice compromise between power and simplicity, but it's as if the developer can't be bothered to fix the bugs.

SonsOfLiberty
03-06-2009, 02:36 AM
I don't do heavy encoding, so, Stax I've only used a little bit...another one is dvdflick and Avidemux

tazz32_rulez
03-06-2009, 05:00 AM
Another common reason for a crash is when both stax and MeGUI are installed on the same partition. Somehow there is an internal clash and all the codecs are affected rendering your OS useless to rip.

My advice install only ONE of the two. My personal fav : MeGui

james223
03-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Awesome News.

tazz32_rulez
03-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Awesome News.
what ?

SonsOfLiberty
03-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Another common reason for a crash is when both stax and MeGUI are installed on the same partition. Somehow there is an internal clash and all the codecs are affected rendering your OS useless to rip.

My advice install only ONE of the two. My personal fav : MeGui

Well it would work except I don't have MeGui installed ;)