PDA

View Full Version : News Server Block Accounts with Unlimited Upload

WHiKWiRE
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm curious as to whether there are cheap News Server Block Accounts with Unlimited Upload.

I'm looking to spend about 2-5 dollars a month. Any suggestions?

dutchmaster420
03-06-2009, 12:06 AM
http://www.news.astraweb.com/downloadplans.html

Pay a one time fee of $10 for the 25gb plan and you get unlimited posting with no time limits on the account...so if you dont download more than 25g you can use forever i guess

WHiKWiRE
03-06-2009, 01:56 AM
that'll work thanks dutchmaster :D

SonsOfLiberty
03-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Yeah I got the unlimited as well...seems very very good.

UsenetGuy
03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
http://usenet-news.net is a good one. You can get a 2GB block account for $2.00 (one-time fee) that lasts until you use up the 2GB downloading. If you don't download 2GB then you can upload as much as you want for as long as you want :)

abdvdr
03-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Block accounts are not a bad idea at all if you're posting more than downloading. Actually, I was thinking of getting one to limit my downloading, forcing a decision of "will I actually watch this in the foreseeable future?"

P.S. Keep posting the good stuff. ;)

zot
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
File posters would be safer to use a different account to their main downloading account, and a small Usenet-News account is perfect for that.

You certainly don't want to pay for a multi-month account somewhere and then get your account revoked (and unable to log in at all) because you were accused of posting copyrighted material.

There's been quite a few Giganews users who have reported losing their accounts that way, and not just posting access, but the whole thing.

So with Usenet-News, you only risk losing $2, not $30.

Windy72
03-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Last time I tried usenet-news their server would not accept posts at 100 Mbps. They got lost. Maybe they have improved on this. Not posted binaries personally for over year but worth considering if using a dedi.

OldIronTits
03-20-2009, 06:00 AM
thank you for the replies.

good advice.

=============================================================
Do scheme on torrentvault, bitme, & other learning invites.
=============================================================