PDA

View Full Version : best torrent for low end seedbox

qq2233
03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Getting a kimsufi L and was wondering which client is the best to run on it.

I know torrentflux consumes way too much ram and will lag the server.
I've used uTorrent mostly, but have heard that if you load 4~5 popular torrents it lags.

Got suggested to use rtorrent and webui on it. Was wondering if anyone can link me to some guides to set this up or is uTorrent still better?

Cheers!

apextwin146
03-06-2009, 11:33 AM
rTorrent is better on gigabit machines .. If u have no Idea abt linux and scripts the uTorrent approach is better ..

t0mmy
03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
I'd still use utorrent, if you have no experience with it, it can become a headache.

teresckova
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
i am using utorrent with wine and got like 100 torrents and still no lag,runs smooth
rtorrent is hard to setup...you will hardly notify any differences between utorrent and rtorrent speeds..
cheers

xirvflux
03-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Where did you get this from? torrentflux (and b4rt's version, which is what we use)'s memory usage is a logarithmic function. If you start with a decent server torrentflux is perfectly fine.

The bottleneck in torrent servers is always the HD (and not having enough memory makes it worse because there's swapping on top of the heavy I/O load caused by torrents).

xirvik

qq2233
03-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Where did you get this from? torrentflux (and b4rt's version, which is what we use)'s memory usage is a logarithmic function. If you start with a decent server torrentflux is perfectly fine.

The bottleneck in torrent servers is always the HD (and not having enough memory makes it worse because there's swapping on top of the heavy I/O load caused by torrents).

xirvik

Like I said I'm planning to use a low end server - kimsufi L to be exact. If I plan to run TF with 10+ torrents I'm foreseeing CPU/RAM bottlenecks.