PDA

View Full Version : Equilibrium

Turd Ferguson
09-19-2003, 02:31 PM
I just saw this movie Equilibrium starring Christian Bale, and it absolutely blew me away. It has some of the best action/fight scenes that I've ever seen, and it has a decent cast and storyline too.

The funny thing is I don't remeber it being released in the theaters, which is a shame because its 100 times better than most of the crap that comes out these days.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, so if you haven't already seen it then you should. :P

Gre1
09-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Yes, I agree this is a very good movie.

thisiswhoweare
09-19-2003, 02:40 PM
the acting from some of the cast not christian bale was terrible though...and had quite a few plot holes...but i agree had killer fight scenes. :)

ehnoismemu
09-19-2003, 04:23 PM
imo, this movie sucks...

how can they print "FORGET THE MATRIX!" on their poster??? do they really think this movie beats the matrix??? bah.

but, that's just my opinion...

Cygnuz-Y
09-19-2003, 04:26 PM
:o OMFG THAT MOVIE SUCKS!!!!

I mean, U cant compare that Shit called "Equillibrium" with THE MATRIX!!!!

Its like comparing a worm against GOD :blink: !!!!!!!!

Gre1
09-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Never will this movie be better than Matrix, I never knew it said "Forget the Matrix" but it still is a good film the main concept of it is that it's illegal to have feelings, now imagine a world like that. :o

shad0w
09-19-2003, 05:18 PM
it was a very good movie. Reminded me of several books I've read in the past. One by Huxley (Brave New World) and Orwell (Animal Farm/1984)

Grimlock
09-19-2003, 09:51 PM
It reminded me of farenheit 451 and 1984 both crazy very similar stories. Also I personally enjoyed it more than the matrix(keep in mind this is a personal preference). The reason no one remembers it getting released is because the movie only had a 20 million dollar budget and after they had stretched that super thin with what special effects they could afford they had no money left for advertising and only released it in select theatres.

PS. I know I am going to get bitched at about not liking the matrix as much so do us both a favor and don't bother.

smurfskater88888
09-19-2003, 10:00 PM
its a mix of the giver, fahrenheit 451, the matrix, and the jet li movie "the one"

zinc1
09-19-2003, 10:05 PM
You're right gridlock every individual has there own opinion about movies either they're good or bad.Everyone has their own taste in movies, people shouldn't criticise others for their likes or dislikes,well thats my opinion anyway.

Turd Ferguson
09-20-2003, 04:36 AM
PS. I know I am going to get bitched at about not liking the matrix as much so do us both a favor and don't bother.
I thought it was better than the Matrix too, and I realise that I'm in the minority too.

ehnoismemu
09-20-2003, 04:43 AM
really, does anyone here thinks the action scenes are better than the matrix ones?

thisiswhoweare
09-20-2003, 07:59 AM
me me :)

Grimlock
09-20-2003, 08:05 AM
IMO Matrix=One of the most over rated movies of all time(and I really liked it). I just don't hink it deserves it's own religion. ;)

thisiswhoweare
09-20-2003, 08:26 AM
matrix 2 lost its mystery for me. I like matrix 2 still but not as much as the first one...which is on level with equilibrium. Can't understand the last part though

* Spoiler *

where he goes into a room full of people working, bloodsoaked, and everyone runs...why are they running, they're not meant to be scared.

Grimlock
09-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Yeah there are more than a few scenes where people are showing emotion but I think the movie would probably seem really long if there was absolutely NO emotion in it(ie. the rivalry between him and his new partner, his partners jealousy). but i do agree that that specific instance didn''t make sense or need to be there.

jetje
09-20-2003, 09:42 AM
I think Equilibrium was one of the real big surprises of the last years, a movie that had so little attention but was very good..... I liked the atmosphere, the acting and the action. Even the story was real good... And people can watch it and understand it...

Think that's the big problem with Matrix reloaded, i don't know much people that aren't "fans" that call reloaded a great movie... They all had something like... where is this all about... To many people don't understand the movie. As for me...
i don't like movies where they stop in the midle of the story... because there is a part three coming. Or at least where they didn't finish a chapter like the did in reloaded... it was one big teaser for part three. But hey that's an opinion and there are probably a lot out there that really enjoyed reloaded. Well i did to but i was glad that i hadn't gone to the cinema for it....

Well back to Equilibrium, the only sales stunt it had was to try and ride a bit on the publicity that Matrix took... so from sales point of view they added the text "better as... " on the poster. I am glad they did, because otherwise i may could have missed this great movie...!

Grimlock
09-20-2003, 09:45 AM
I have the poster on my wall

sickmonkey
09-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Im going to watch it based on many of your opinions.I sort of ignored it(like so many others)because of its lack of appeal.Will watch it and post back my thoughts. ;)