PDA

View Full Version : Underworld

express98
09-19-2003, 03:26 PM
just been to see underworld,and what a load ov crap,story what story anybody else seen it yet? if not dont bother wait while theres a hash and save yr money :ph34r:

Gre1
09-19-2003, 04:35 PM
It can't be crap, I don't know, I will have to see for myself. :o

L0rD_S0tH
09-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Gre1@19 September 2003 - 16:35
It can't be crap, I don't know, I will have to see for myself. :o
exactly.

I don't even consider other peoples opinions until i've seen a flick for myself. Too often I've heard people talk shit about a movie and then it turns out that I actually like it.

Dapadipz
09-19-2003, 04:51 PM
thers been a TS released by Logistic - SVCD not on vcdquality yet

MetroStars
09-19-2003, 05:11 PM
I have 2 agree Underworld sucks , went 2 c it with my pops and wot a load of crap, it tried 2 b a darl gothic action/Horror and it failed Miserably also Kate Beckinsale just sucks, she can't act 4 shit...

of course that is just my opinion...

if u wanna c a gud movie check out Matchstick Men, very funny

thisiswhoweare
09-19-2003, 05:38 PM
is it similar to blade movies? seems to be a copy of blade from the trailers IMO

MetroStars
09-19-2003, 05:42 PM
is it similar to blade movies? seems to be a copy of blade from the trailers IMO

yep very much so, it also reminded me of the movie Spawn 4 sum reason..

HellBoY
09-19-2003, 06:42 PM
just been to see underworld,and what a load ov crap,story what story anybody else seen it yet? if not dont bother wait while theres a hash and save yr money 

I am still gona watch this film in cinema, it looks like a good film.

Stonecoldfreak1
09-19-2003, 06:48 PM
yeah at first i thought this movie was gona kick ass but then they started to show more trailers and it looks like shit now :(

Embracer Of Darkness
09-19-2003, 09:17 PM
I just got home from seeing it. I came on here just now to find a hash because the movie, in my opinion, was so fucking great. B)

blackpoollass
09-19-2003, 10:04 PM
what drugs were u on when u went to see it!!!!!!
boyfriend dragged me to see it and it was utter shite.....no story to it so unless ur on drugs u wont understand it

express98
09-19-2003, 10:10 PM
im with you blackpool lass,didnt understand anything after the first 10 mins.

totally lost with the story,if there ever was one in the first place,the guy saying fucking fr8 film must have been watching something other than underworld.coz it was fucking crap...............but thats just my opinion :(

Cenobite
09-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@19 September 2003 - 17:11
Kate Beckinsale just sucks, she can't act 4 shit...

Ive not seen it yet, so I cant pass judgement, but Kate is serious eye-candy! :wub:

Gutter
09-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Dammit, I'm going to see this one tonight.

I'll judge for myself, not to disbelieve any of you.

The Horror fanatic
09-20-2003, 03:17 AM
i yet to see underworld, but my friend wants to see it bad. will reserve my judgement till i seen it. from what i seen so far it looks watchable

Adster
09-20-2003, 04:44 AM
havnt seen it yet wont state an opion till I see it

LaVaNaNo
09-20-2003, 07:04 AM
i saw it just tonight, and i tohught it ripped off a couple movies and shows.

The lead lady, selene acts like that chick from alias, and the end is str8 out of aliens, i swear. The movie had music from matrix and some others. The movie had good action, but its pretty much like x-men and chopped up with 4 other movies.

Threout the movie i was saying OMG, thats from ALiens, OMG this and that from there and here.

I still liked it tho, but that vampire leader looks liked like abrahm lincoln or the vampire from soul reaver 2.

With movies like this, ppl wonder why we download. Blah

dickymint
09-20-2003, 10:13 AM
I've been to see the film (last night). Yeah I was really disappointed......such an awesome idea, Vamps Vs Werewolves........I think, the film has been cut to hell on the edit room. the first hour makes you wonder if you'e missed somthing ,thenit kinda catches up on you. :huh:

I think the film needed another 5 mill or so to add the bits it needs....the werewolves were f~ckin awesome but it was like a damp firework......i expected so much yet left disappointed. :(

You can't beat Kate Beckinsale in PVC though ! ! ! ! ! Burys Trinity in a shallow grave. Shes HOT ! ! ;)

Embracer Of Darkness
09-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by blackpoollass@19 September 2003 - 22:04
what drugs were u on when u went to see it!!!!!!
boyfriend dragged me to see it and it was utter shite.....no story to it so unless ur on drugs u wont understand it
The story was simple to follow. If you didn't get it at all, then you obviously have some intellect problems. :rolleyes:

blackpoollass
09-20-2003, 11:38 AM
i still have to disagree with you,i have no intellect problems and if i had then maybe i would have been able to enjoy the film like your good self.......i have enough intellect to know that the film was bad,the acting was bad,in fact everything about it was bad,maybe if i go back and see it again(like thats gonna happen)only this time on some kinda drug i will be able to see whatever it was you saw!!!! :rolleyes:

Embracer Of Darkness
09-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by blackpoollass@20 September 2003 - 11:38
i still have to disagree with you,i have no intellect problems and if i had then maybe i would have been able to enjoy the film like your good self.......i have enough intellect to know that the film was bad,the acting was bad,in fact everything about it was bad,maybe if i go back and see it again(like thats gonna happen)only this time on some kinda drug i will be able to see whatever it was you saw!!!!  :rolleyes:
Personally, I do think some of the acting was bad, but I thought the story was great.

I really don't see how you couldn't follow the story, it was very simple to understand. I'd explain, but that would be a spoiler for some people. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Still not seeing how you couldn't follow it.

jetje
09-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by express98@20 September 2003 - 00:10
im with you blackpool lass
wonder why that is ? ;)

sickmonkey
09-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Well,i thought it was ok.Not great.Not crap.Ok.

AlucardXXVII
09-20-2003, 05:29 PM
You know, I expected a lot more, but the movie didn't totally suck.

I thought this was gonna be Matrix (awesome) + Blade (awesome) = Underworld

There's not enough bullet time shit, just Matrix fashion. And what's with everyone just shooting at eachother? There was no REAL action, like martial arts type shit, just guns.

Oh well, I think Kate Beckinsale is a good lookin woman, and she had pretty good attitude in the flick. If you ask me, it's that Craven guy who can't act for shit.

MadDog-2000
09-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by dickymint@20 September 2003 - 04:13
You can't beat Kate Beckinsale in PVC though ! ! ! ! !  Burys Trinity in a shallow grave. Shes HOT ! ! ;)
Havn't seen it yet but I am going to. Maybe most people here are right and the movie is not that great but I am going to see it anyway but only to see Kate Beckinsale in that tight latex outfit :D :P

Vapour
09-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Anyone got a hash for "Underworld" yet????????

:ph34r: :ph34r: :unsure: :ph34r:

Embracer Of Darkness
09-21-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@20 September 2003 - 17:29
There's not enough bullet time shit, just Matrix fashion.  And what's with everyone just shooting at eachother?  There was no REAL action, like martial arts type shit, just guns.
A.) There was no bullet time, just slow-motion.
B.) They were trying to establish a gothic fashion, not a Matrix one.
C.) This is not a gun-fu movie.

Go watch Equilibrium or The Matrix again. Psh, kids.

Embracer Of Darkness
09-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Vapour@21 September 2003 - 00:05
Anyone got a hash for "Underworld" yet????????

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :unsure:  :ph34r:
There are about four versions on suprnova.org (http://www.suprnova.org), you'll obviously need BitTorrent.

AlucardXXVII
09-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Alright man, you explain the sunglasses, trenchcoats, and vinyl pants

And yes, I think the gunplay in this movie is kind of boring.

I'm not trying to say this movie is ripping off The Matrix, jeez

I STILL LIKE THE FLICK. To each his own

MadDog-2000
09-21-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@20 September 2003 - 18:57

I STILL LIKE THE FLICK.  To each his own
Vampires don't like bright light that's why they wear sunglasses. Blade was wearing sunglasses all the time too and that came out before Matrix did.

What do you wear on a cold rainy day, Speedos? Besdies that, you can hide a lot of weapons under a trenchcoat and they look really cool.

Arg! They are not vinyl pants! :P Vinyl is the stuff old records are made off! The stuff she is earing is latex and in the Matrix no one wore latex before.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1125642/Underworld-photo_01_hires.jpg

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1125642/Underworld-photo_02_hires.jpg

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1125642/Underworld-photo_03_hires.jpg

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1125642/Underworld-photo_04_hires.jpg

What's not to like about his movie? :-"

Embracer Of Darkness
09-21-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@21 September 2003 - 00:57

I STILL LIKE THE FLICK. To each his own
1.) Latex, not Vinyl. And I said they were going for Gothic, not Matrix fashion. You never see goths wearing sunglasses, trenches, or latex do you. :rolleyes:

2.) Gunplay is cool.

3.) You were sounding as if you wanted this movie to be exactly like The Matrix. :rolleyes: <_<

AlucardXXVII
09-21-2003, 01:19 AM
That chick is sassy and I really like her.

I thought it was vinyl, my bad.

MadDog you need to go see the flick. I told you in that other thread that I liked the movie, but you should see it for yourself

If you are kind of into dark shit like vampires and werewolves, you&#39;ll think this is a cool movie.

Just 1 question: Why the long hair, Lucian? Why the long hair, Craven? Why the long hair Mikey? Must add to the mystery of the character.

1 more question: What other movies has that gun expert black guy been in? He&#39;s really cool and I KNOW I&#39;ve seen him in something else&#33;

AlucardXXVII
09-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Embracer of Darkness, I think we&#39;ve had different conditioning. I agree that Gunplay is cool, but I&#39;ve been more conditioned to violent, eyecandy gunplay.

Yeah mixed with some Kung Fu and big boobs

MadDog-2000
09-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@20 September 2003 - 19:19
Just 1 question: Why the long hair, Lucian? Why the long hair, Craven? Why the long hair Mikey? Must add to the mystery of the character.

1 more question: What other movies has that gun expert black guy been in? He&#39;s really cool and I KNOW I&#39;ve seen him in something else&#33;
I&#39;ll definatly see it&#33;

I guess it adds to the mood and story. I don&#39;t think a bold guy with no hair would appear to be a good 8 ft, hairy werewolf. Long hair must be "in" with the werewolves.

The King
09-21-2003, 02:53 AM
the chick has got a smokin&#39; figure :P . It Doesn&#39;t look that bad, but I&#39;m still not gonna see it :blink:

that1dude
09-21-2003, 07:39 AM
if you guys dont understand this movie then you must be on drugs. It was a really good movie with a really good story line. i really enjoyed it and so did my girlfriend. buying it when it hits dvd.

Gutter
09-21-2003, 09:18 AM
OK :huh: i saw it, I understood it, I liked it.

I think that after seeing Matrix Reloaded your just expecting more out of people dressed like that.
If you like vampire movies, with lots of gun shooting :ermm: you should see this.

Embracer Of Darkness
09-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Gutter@21 September 2003 - 09:18
OK :huh: i saw it, I understood it, I liked it.

I think that after seeing Matrix Reloaded your just expecting more out of people dressed like that.
If you like vampire movies, with lots of gun shooting :ermm: you should see this.
Amen brother.

NCAzrael
09-21-2003, 11:44 AM
How can some of you say it had no story? Were you paying attention throughout the movie? Or do you lack the needed brain cells to understand what was going on? Not trying to be disrespectful, but damn. Here, let me lay it out for you so that you might be able to understand it.

Spoiler Alert

A war between vampires and werewolves has been going on for a thousand years. Very few people remember why the war started. Some of the older werewolves, or lycans, have grown very powerful and no longer require the full moon to trigger their transformation. This is where the &#39;death dealers&#39; come into play. They are the hitmen of the vampire world. Their purpose is to take out lycans one at a time.

Enter Seleen. She and her partner are chasing down a couple of big, nasty pups, who in turn are chasing down a specific human, Micheal. Micheal happens to be a decendant from the father of both the vampire and lycan races (Corvis, I think. Might have been Corvin). Corvis was a ruler of some country during a bad plague. But unlike other people stricken with the disease, his body was able to cure itself. He then had three children, one that became a lycan, one that became a vampire, and one that remained a mortal.

Back in the early years of vampires and lycans, the lycans were servants to the vampires, their daytime guardians. One lycan, Lucian, fell in love with and married a vampire named Sonya. They were about to have a child, but Sonya&#39;s father, Viktor, would not allow it. He killed his daughter and forced Lucian to watch her die. Lucian gathered the lycans to him and they rebelled against the vampires. Lucian was believed to have been killed by Kraven, but the two actually had made a pact that was supposed to end the war. Lucian stayed hidden for hundreds of years, slowly building up his forces for the right time. That time was supposed to be during the awakening of one of the Vampire ancients, Marcus.

The lycans saught after Michael because his blood, mixed with the blood of a lycan and a vampire, would make him stronger than both races could ever become. Lucian meant to use his blood to make him stronger and end the war. Selene, not knowing what was going on but worried that things were getting out of control, performed the awakening on Viktor, bringing him out of his slumber one hundred years before he was due to awake. Unfortunatly she did not realize that he was the one responsible for the war.

Michael was finally captured by the lycans, and Lucian was about to complete his plans, when Kraven turned on him and shot him. Michael had already been bitten by Lucian, so he was already beginning the change that would make him a lycan. When Kraven shot Michael, Selene realized that the only way to save him (along the way she fell in love with him, sort of a Romeo and Juliet twist to the story) was to make him a vampire. Since he was already becoming a lycan, the transformation completed Lucian&#39;s plan, and Michael became the combination of the two races.

Everything came to a head when Selene learned of Viktor&#39;s true role in starting the war, and the two confronted eachother in a brief fight that resulted in Viktor&#39;s splitting headache.

Ok, so perhaps that wasn&#39;t the best description of the story, but I&#39;m sure it&#39;s pretty acurate. As for the weapons used, which a lot of people have complained about, it was mentioned at the beginning of the movie that the weapons of the war were evolving. They were getting away from the same old "stake a vampire, shoot a werewolf with a silver bullet" thing. Using "uv bullets" and "escence of silver" (or murcury) was one way of showing that evolution.

Personally, I thought the movie was pretty good. There were a few scenes that could have been better, but overall it was a very well played out film.

Embracer Of Darkness
09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by NCAzrael@21 September 2003 - 11:44
How can some of you say it had no story? Were you paying attention throughout the movie? Or do you lack the needed brain cells to understand what was going on? Not trying to be disrespectful, but damn. Here, let me lay it out for you so that you might be able to understand it.
This is exactly what I&#39;ve been saying... The story was great, with good plot twists, and was easily understandable. While I think some of the acting could&#39;ve been better, it was a good movie. :)

AlucardXXVII
09-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Embracer Of Darkness+21 September 2003 - 11:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Embracer Of Darkness &#064; 21 September 2003 - 11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Gutter@21 September 2003 - 09:18
OK :huh:&nbsp; i saw it, I understood it, I liked it.

If you like vampire movies, with lots of gun shooting :ermm:&nbsp; you should see this.
Amen brother.[/b][/quote]
Yeah, what they said

mic379710
09-21-2003, 11:53 PM
This is just my opinion of course, but the divide betweeen it being good and shite will be the same as whether 28 Days Later was good or shite.It was good by the way.

mutterings
09-22-2003, 02:59 AM
hae seen alot worse than this movie&#33;&#33;&#33;I put in the catagorie of one to watch&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;story is good acting is good sfx is good....so in my humble opinion the film is GOOD&#33;&#33;&#33;kate is good english blooded actress if u dont like it u know where the off button is&#33;&#33;&#33;
well watchable movie if u dont fancy wasting your &#036;20 on crack then go see it

tothaj
11-16-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Embracer Of Darkness@19 September 2003 - 21:17
I just got home from seeing it. I came on here just now to find a hash because the movie, in my opinion, was so fucking great. B)
I think it too, I&#39;ve just downloaded it from findhash.com (http://www.findhash.com)