PDA

View Full Version : Scum Wants You To Post Fake Torrents (For Money)

SonsOfLiberty
03-07-2009, 03:23 AM
http://www.blogpirate.org/wp-content/uploads/fake-bag.jpgScum Wants You To Post Fake Torrents (For Money)
March 5th, 2009

It is no secret that anti-piracy companies want to spoil all your sharing and caring. They have sued people, they have threatened people, they even affect your opinion with advertisements inside movies.

But what happened yesterday, is something outrageous and they’ll surely regret it. Someone created a project at GetAFreelancer.com (Page Mirror), in which he states that he’s going to pay people to upload fake torrents.
But why don’t we spoil his fun now!

The music & movie industry is known to upload fake torrents at trackers. With those, they can trap you and collect your IP-address and may threaten or sue you afterward. They mostly hire other companies to do it, so they won’t spoil their own good name. But those companies need independent people too. Until yesterday, it was a mystery how they recruited them.

At the GetAFreeLancer site, that’s made to get a freelancer (could’ve guessed that one), a user, called csebastian posted a project. You can sign up for it, and the wage can go up to $250 dollars per job.
This is the description of the project:

Looking for people to upload popular movie torrents
I will provide the names
Ok so basically you will upload Movie torrents that are new and with popular tracker names like Axxo , HDTV and others
I need only serious people who are willing to make a great job !

As of now, we’ve got no clue who csebastian is, and if he’s truly an employee of the RIAA, MPAA or some other scum company. Maybe you will tell? All information would be great!

:O

:source: Source: blogpirate (http://www.blogpirate.org/2009/03/05/scum-wants-you-to-post-fake-torrents-for-money/)

Funkin'
03-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Douchebags...

iLOVENZB
03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Fuckwits. Hopefully they won't hijack Usenet.

Sanka113
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
...and this is why you use private trackers.

ohmboys
03-07-2009, 02:18 PM
how low can they go , unbelievable.

flyboy12345
03-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I always wondered where all those bunk movie files came from... I thought it was just people with perverse scene of humour, now I know!

2slick4u
03-10-2009, 01:08 AM
they can,t win anyway

imapotato
03-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Instead of spending so much money on lawyers, sabotage, and unethical if not illegal tactics, they should spend it on improving their business model, creating higher quality content, and convenient ways to get at it. Then, they can protect their revenue streams without chase away legitimate customers.

Skiz
03-10-2009, 02:27 AM

Why would you think for a second that private trackers are any safer? Their invites and accounts are openly traded all over the net. :huh:

$SnoopDo2G$
03-10-2009, 03:08 AM
^^ For real Skizo, FST is the proof by itself lol, u just need to be a member for 30 days
then that's it u can start grabbing a few invites just by showin some speed test...
and anyone could do that... here it's not the worst place but there are places u just
register then ask invites then they give you some... it's not anymore private except a few rare trackers...

Sonnentier
03-10-2009, 04:37 AM
Well, at least fake torrents aren't a problem on private trackers. They control what is posted.

spark
03-16-2009, 01:23 AM

Why would you think for a second that private trackers are any safer? Their invites and accounts are openly traded all over the net. :huh:

And this is why private trackers ban traders..

SonsOfLiberty
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM

And this is why private trackers ban traders..

Yeah, but then other people do it, it's a never ending cycle, you'll never win. This is why most private sites now disable their invite and request system's all together, but just because your private doesn't make it any safer.

DV8type
03-17-2009, 11:30 PM

most private sites i know do not allow random people to upload. Although i guess some do?

armless
03-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Luckily I have moved on and do not use torrent anymore. I find newsgroup to a much better choice.

iLOVENZB
03-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Luckily I have moved on and do not use torrent anymore. I find newsgroup to a much better choice.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-news-section-95/t-brein-plans-move-against-nzb-sites-342862 :unsure:

RGB
03-24-2009, 09:25 PM
This is just sad. :-(