PDA

View Full Version : Vuze vs. utorrent

The_Martinator
03-08-2009, 11:04 AM
So I've been hearing some good things about Vuze lately (and a few bad ones) and so I was wondering what your opinions are. Is utorrent threathened or will it reign supreme for many years to come? :D

Polarbear
03-08-2009, 11:13 AM
prediction: 85% utorrent.

i'm using vuze because it's the best and most advanced bittorrent client for mac os x.

The_Martinator
03-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Well I'm on Win xp, so I use utorrent. I think it's the best for my OS.

Also, atm it's not going according to your prediction, PB. Go figure.

prasannab13
03-08-2009, 11:29 AM
utorrent is best

black_pearl
03-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Bittorent

Magnum
03-08-2009, 12:03 PM
U for me because i use Windows!

Bone.W.Machine
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I use µtorrent because it's so simple, fits me. ;)

b3owulf
03-08-2009, 01:07 PM
uT is simple, leightweight but very powerful app. Vuze? Huge resource eating JAVA monster!

Mr Z
03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Using Vuze. Love it

harshytkage
03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
those who say vuze is a JAVA power eating monster(or anything like that) don't know what they're missing out on...utorrent is an excuse for anyone who has a P1 or lower...bah! humbug!

b3owulf
03-08-2009, 02:17 PM
those who say vuze is a JAVA power eating monster(or anything like that) don't know what they're missing out on...utorrent is an excuse for anyone who has a P1 or lower...bah! humbug!

Ok, mine post was too much, yeah, but! Vuze is no longer BT-Client, it's has too much for ME. It's like Nero: 1st versions were brilliant, just Burning ROM and no crap, but look at it now, huh? It's.... I think Nero 10 will be operating system LOL And now Vuze, it's can do too much, and I want ONLY powerful BT client, so, my choice is uTorrent.

bentomans
03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
i use utorrent because it's easy to use and it's light on resource

eric13
03-08-2009, 02:45 PM
i hated azureus now i hate vuze :) so complicated and requires java which i hate more than both of them lol

hasu
03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
vuze?? no idea. i don't use vuze ever. :huh:

Night0wl
03-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I use Vuze on classic interface.

Unstable1
03-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Vuze is unquestionably the superior client, but it's better suited to the more technically savvy user.

Ahmed047
03-08-2009, 03:36 PM
it's light on resource
yes ,this is the main advantage of Utorrent ,Vuze is a heavy program .

harshytkage
03-08-2009, 03:37 PM

Ok, mine post was too much, yeah, but! Vuze is no longer BT-Client, it's has too much for ME. It's like Nero: 1st versions were brilliant, just Burning ROM and no crap, but look at it now, huh? It's.... I think Nero 10 will be operating system LOL And now Vuze, it's can do too much, and I want ONLY powerful BT client, so, my choice is uTorrent.

ummm...sorry to burst your bubble....but nero 10 has been out for a while now...

Polarbear
03-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Vuze is unquestionably the superior client, but it's better suited to the more technically savvy user.

true that. many people don't know about the classic mode which simply turns off all the vuze features and some are simply overstrained with the right settings and advanced features.

another advantage is that the client is open source and there's a huge variety of helpful plugins.

the often mentioned ressource hog argument doesn't count for me by the way. vuze uses about 120mb ram and 5% cpu with hundreds of torrents running on my system. i really can afford that for an essential application.

to be fair i can't really compare the two clients because i never used utorrent. the mac version still is very basic and doesn't even support torrent creation. it's no alternative.

harshytkage
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
@polar-
dude! you have a mac! i feel so sorry for you...:cry:
just jk!

rockaa
03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I started using azureaus at first, but changed over to utorrent after vuze came up..
Had to many problems with it...

M.a.M
03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
uTorrent FTW :D

wiseD
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
uTorrent, because it doesn't try to be anything better than what it is - an easy to use, minimal BT client.

tomatoman
03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Vuze just drains on memory I've had so much problems with it over the years
where as uTorrent just rules low memory use usage and is so simple to use great for everyone mac compatible aswell

brightsid
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Azzureus-Vuze since Day 1.

Polarbear
03-08-2009, 08:47 PM
...mac compatible aswell
it's not mac compatible. unlike vuze, utorrent is not a cross platform client. the mac version is rudimentary and banned on several trackers for what it is - an early beta.

crusnik
03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I personally prefer vuze.
just reiterating what's already been said, but imo the technical features and the benefits it gets from being open-source outweigh the resource requirements.
The resources required aren't that much anyways, as long as you keep your computer in good order and have an up-to-date system.
However, i haven't seen much of utorrent, so I can't say much comparing the two...

hoodeh
03-09-2009, 11:58 AM
prediction: 85% utorrent.

i'm using vuze because it's the best and most advanced bittorrent client for mac os x.

I like transmission better, has all the features you need, a beautiful simple interface with the download/upload rate directly on the Dock icon, uses almost no resources and is very light.
Better than both utorrent and vuze in my opinion.
Then again it's only for Mac.. :whistling

Enzo
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
utorrent of course...

spero88
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
utorrent is best

Lovestoned
03-09-2009, 03:22 PM
If you just want a basic and lightweight client then go for uTorrent.

A real one would have to be Vuze.

And check out the older threads about these, this has been repeated time and again.

Overlord
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Funny how uTorrent can do things the "real one" can't... :rolleyes:

harshytkage
03-10-2009, 04:38 AM

now that is the biggest shitload of crap i've heard...utorrent doing things that vuze can't...again, shitload of bullshit(..lol:happy:), did i mention it was bullshit?

(btw no offence meant towards the commneter, just his comments)

Cabalo
03-10-2009, 05:19 AM
same here. and that won't change soon. :yup:

pokekevin
03-10-2009, 06:21 AM
used vuze before. Love it.

But switched over to utorrent for some old reason... lol

The_Martinator
03-10-2009, 07:23 AM
If you just want a basic and lightweight client then go for uTorrent.

A real one would have to be Vuze.

And check out the older threads about these, this has been repeated time and again.

I did search a little and I think there's never bactually been a poll. I'm not a 100% about that last part. :D

harshytkage
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
martinators right...there have been posts but no polls
nice loophole :happy:

psychoactive
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
utorrent

Lovestoned
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM

There's lots more plugins and such, I don't wish to go deep since Cabalo should know more about this.

Vuze's current UI looks really bloated, I use the classic one too and only enable all the core plugins needed.

Well, if it's a poll OP wants then alright..

PeteSampras
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
utorrent

CaptanAmerica
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
both

Villalltheway
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
When u have utorrent there is no need for vuze, think vuze is much more heavy then utorrents.

CaptanAmerica
03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
When u have utorrent there is no need for vuze, think vuze is much more heavy then utorrents.

haha, ddnt u get the idea that some1 else thats using vuze can think: when u have vuze theres no need for ut. all those polls are exist for nothing and prove nothing. ive my own opinion that sometimes matchs with somebodys else opinion, but anyway its mine and ill not change it if i dont see any stong reasons. the polls like whats better winxp/vista or linux, mercedez or bwm, pentium or amd are doomed for the downfall in any way, cuz just thereis no thing thats better, theres just thing u do or u dont like. summat

Villalltheway
03-10-2009, 08:02 PM

haha, ddnt u get the idea that some1 else thats using vuze can think: when u have vuze theres no need for ut. all those polls are exist for nothing and prove nothing. ive my own opinion that sometimes matchs with somebodys else opinion, but anyway its mine and ill not change it if i dont see any stong reasons. the polls like whats better winxp/vista or linux, mercedez or bwm, pentium or amd are doomed for the downfall in any way, cuz just thereis no thing thats better, theres just thing u do or u dont like. summat

lol not really but i think its a bit pointless that someone would need to use both though. Really i dont see much point in vuze since it more resource hungry, everyone may bang on about there is more add ons and shit on vuze but end of the day u just using it to download and upload, also i have seen no proof that all these extra add on's of vuze make speeds faster or anything, so end of the day why would u want to take up more resourses when utorrent can do the same more efficently.

CaptanAmerica
03-10-2009, 08:16 PM
lol not really but i think its a bit pointless that someone would need to use both though. Really i dont see much point in vuze since it more resource hungry, everyone may bang on about there is more add ons and shit on vuze but end of the day u just using it to download and upload, also i have seen no proof that all these extra add on's of vuze make speeds faster or anything, so end of the day why would u want to take up more resourses when utorrent can do the same more efficently.

once again. if u dont see, dsnt mean nobody can see. vuze looks much more cool than ut, but at the same time most of all when my pcs on, ut is on too. i dont use vuz often, twice or 3 times a week i think, but this is as is. so i use it both. its first.

second thing is that i dont care if it takes too much of ram, ive hi-end pc and for me rly there is no need to care abt anything. mb only reinstall winxp once a yr. i can at the same time run 3dsmax, ps4, ur, vuze and playing any of last realesed games and after all that let pc stay on for weeks. nothing will happend. but we dont talk abt that here, we speak abt ur right and ur choise, right?

main point of my idea was/is that everyone has his right to think like he want. for example if u suppose that 2 + 2 = 5, its ur right, let so. and 99.99(9) on that round blue ball think that 2 + 2 = 4. but its fucking ur right, and my choice is to choose prolly not right way but to think abt my choice against the way to take all that u shd do from ur boss and dont think

omg, anybody got it?

Villalltheway
03-10-2009, 08:22 PM
i did not say no1 cant have their opinions cant u just accept i think utorrent is better then vuze and so do the majority of people on this poll and the majority of people round the world simple. Also what benefits do u get using both, seems a bit pointless to me. Why use one 3 days a week and use another 4 days a week why not just use one all the time.

harshytkage
03-11-2009, 02:08 AM
i did not say no1 cant have their opinions cant u just accept i think utorrent is better then vuze and so do the majority of people on this poll and the majority of people round the world simple...

No...and what a load of crap...

hoodeh
03-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Most people use utorrent, but that doesn't make it better. Just more popular.

This poll is useless as what it really is is a popularity test. Because most voters have never even used the other client.

As for the original question, I would say that it depends on what you want.

utorrent is better if you want a simple, light client that doesn't use to much RAM.

Vuze is better if you want a more elaborate client with more options, and if you don't care about the size and RAM usage.

I guess that sums it up.

As for me, I'm on mac and I use Transmission anyway :P

Cheers

H.

Dr_Green_Thumb
03-11-2009, 02:55 AM
I have used both and Utorrnet runs better on my machine but Vuze does have some nice features. Like if you move all your music from your download folder to a music folder (say after you back it up) you can highlight all those torrents and specify the new folder location all at once. Utorrent requires you to specify the new folder location and then speicfy the file location and each torrent has to be done individually.

bigoxygen
03-11-2009, 04:43 AM
utorrent is simple and small

Keep It Simple Stupid!!

harshytkage
03-11-2009, 04:52 AM
utorrent is simple and small

Keep It Simple Stupid!!

PHAIL!
:cry:

Villalltheway
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM
i did not say no1 cant have their opinions cant u just accept i think utorrent is better then vuze and so do the majority of people on this poll and the majority of people round the world simple...

Urrrr no u are a retard if u think thats a load of crap, if that was not the case why is utorrent the most used bittorent client in the world???? So u tell me if most people round the world did not think utorrent was the best, why is it the most used client??? Do we all just use the 2nd rate stuff for jokes.

harshytkage
03-12-2009, 02:42 AM

Urrrr no u are a retard if u think thats a load of crap, if that was not the case why is utorrent the most used bittorent client in the world???? So u tell me if most people round the world did not think utorrent was the best, why is it the most used client??? Do we all just use the 2nd rate stuff for jokes.
excuse me but most of those "users" don't have the slightest idea what bitorrent is, and haven't tried out vuze....that's like saying that waffles are better than pancackes without tasting pancakes(i like waffles bette :happy:)...

if it were a popularity contest utorrent would win outright, but we're talking about the "better" client and saying that utorrent is actually a better client than vuze is sh*t...

PlayeR
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
When you use Vuze. do you enable Encyption? I try both. for Utorrent, I enable Encryption. for vuze, i disable. should I enable encryption for vuze? or it's not necessary

Ka0s914
03-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I <3 vuze the only reason i had animosity towards it was because i thought they got rid of the classic interface but they didnt so im still happy =)

Villalltheway
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
excuse me but most of those "users" don't have the slightest idea what bitorrent is, and haven't tried out vuze....that's like saying that waffles are better than pancackes without tasting pancakes(i like waffles bette :happy:)...

if it were a popularity contest utorrent would win outright, but we're talking about the "better" client and saying that utorrent is actually a better client than vuze is sh*t...

Tell me y utorrent is better then vuze is shit?????. u think that a btclient that was out 2 years before utorrents would be more popular. So i dont buy that excuse of not everyone has tried it shit.

stoi
03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
For the record, i hate Vuze.

Yes i have installed all new versions of Azureus and Vuze just to see what all the fuss is about, and its just a horrible client, all i want to do it upload and download, thats it, nothing more, but all the silly options in vuze were just that silly, i hated it.

and all these plugins is why i hate it as well, i wont put the name of the mod, but is a nasty mod for private trackers you can get for it.

But then i dont really like utorrent either lol but for ME it is the better of the 2, and yes i do have s decent PC and i run Vista (so i am not one that harps on about resource heavy, bollocks.)

The best one i have ever used was Bittornado, just a shame its stuck on 0.3.18 for years and not being updated at all.

So i use utorrent but i am not that keen on it, I hate Vuze as most of the shit in it is pointless (and its java), but if Bittornado was still being developed, i would be using that.

Cabalo
03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
have you tried deluge stoi ?

The_Martinator
03-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Hm, it seems the thread has turned into a fight over which of the two is better. certainly not my intention.

Anyway, utorrent has all the features I need. There was one that was missing but one of the latest versions have that one (you can change each file's location, usefull for preseeding).

sear
03-13-2009, 01:34 PM

deluge has some problems but is definitely the better of the new clients when you compare it to halite (this is my opinion no offense to the developers) I quite like it and it's definitely the closest client to UTorrent that's open source. Though some trackers have it banned as a beta which it well and truly is.

@harshytkage, just so you know at one time Azureus/Vuze was the most popular bittorrent client. It lost that mantel to UTorrent for a variety of reasons mainly because people's systems weren't as good then and they didn't want all the bells and whistles they just wanted a client that worked without slowing down all the other shit they did on their PC.

Over time UTorrent got the best rap and that's why most people use it. Not because they don't know what BT is...lol. There's nothing like a UTorrent v Azureus thread to bring out the flame...this one is quite pleasant in the scheme of things. Must be the poll.

The_Martinator
03-13-2009, 01:39 PM

deluge has some problems but is definitely the better of the new clients when you compare it to halite (this is my opinion no offense to the developers) I quite like it and it's definitely the closest client to UTorrent that's open source. Though some trackers have it banned as a beta which it well and truly is.

@harshytkage, just so you know at one time Azureus/Vuze was the most popular bittorrent client. It lost that mantel to UTorrent for a variety of reasons mainly because people's systems weren't as good then and they didn't want all the bells and whistles they just wanted a client that worked without slowing down all the other shit they did on their PC.

Over time UTorrent got the best rap and that's why most people use it. Not because they don't know what BT is...lol. There's nothing like a UTorrent v Azureus thread to bring out the flame...this one is quite pleasant in the scheme of things. Must be the poll.

Oh thanks, lol.

Really I didn't anticipate a flame war. Just goes to show what a noob I am.
I mean, who cares which client you're using. as long as it lets you seed so that other people get stuff at the fastest speed you can provide.
Oh, and of course it's good if you can max out your connection while leeching.

I can understand people that want a client that's not a resource hog, I'm using a 2 year old comp.

Cabalo
03-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Oh thanks, lol.

Really I didn't anticipate a flame war. Just goes to show what a noob I am.
I mean, who cares which client you're using. as long as it lets you seed so that other people get stuff at the fastest speed you can provide.
Oh, and of course it's good if you can max out your connection while leeching.

I can understand people that want a client that's not a resource hog, I'm using a 2 year old comp.
the trackers do. some of them report incorrect data, others are beta, and so on...
as for me, i'll stick with Vuze by now, as i said before.

The_Martinator
03-13-2009, 04:16 PM
I know trackers do, but on most of them it doesn't matter if you use utorrent or vuze, as long as you aren't using some beta or a really old version of the two.
That's what I meant with the part you highlighted.

harshytkage
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
hehe...looking back, maybe i did go a bit overboard back there...but wt heck..i still luv vuze!

pone44
03-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Vuze for those with more space on the HD :idunno:. Utorrent for less of a resource hog. To each his-her own. ;)

redMonster
03-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Vuze for those with more space on the HD :idunno:. Utorrent for less of a resource hog. To each his-her own. ;)How much HD space does Vuze take?

KushBlow
03-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Vuze doesn't even load for me. Piece of shit. Use uTorrent.

Roooney
03-13-2009, 07:43 PM
uTorrent ftw.

Cabalo
03-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Vuze for those with more space on the HD :idunno:. Utorrent for less of a resource hog. To each his-her own. ;)How much HD space does Vuze take?
11 mb full install. :happy:

The_Martinator
03-13-2009, 09:51 PM
How much HD space does Vuze take?

That's too much for me, lol.

beco
03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
µtorrent .... Without any doubt

harshytkage
03-14-2009, 09:45 AM
How much HD space does Vuze take?

wow...that burns a deep hole in my pocket if i go to get that kind of HD space:ohmy:( i mean really, an 11 mb HD will be hard to find :yes:)

Villalltheway
03-14-2009, 01:14 PM

wow...that burns a deep hole in my pocket if i go to get that kind of HD space:ohmy:( i mean really, an 11 mb HD will be hard to find :yes:)

lol it damn well does burn a deep hole in hd space when utorrents is 264kb

yevgeny
03-14-2009, 01:26 PM
i cant believe theres even competition with this. utorrent has my vote.

harshytkage
03-14-2009, 01:52 PM

ummm....why not? :huh:

yevgeny
03-14-2009, 02:08 PM

i just think utorrent is far better because its a lightweight program that doesnt need to rely on java or anything else to work. why would i use a larger program when i can do exactly the same thing with utorrent. and the fact that they're trying to legally distribute movies and content with it makes me less interested in it. its really like comparing nod32 to norton for imho.

Cabalo
03-14-2009, 07:58 PM
the best analogy i can remember of is comparing Photoshop to Gimp .

KFlint
03-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Vuze totally corrupted my USB drive on my mac, I had to reformat the drive and I'll stay away from it from now on

Since then I've been using utorrent emulation on the mac and it works just fine

On my PC, no question, utorrent

james223
03-15-2009, 01:02 AM
utorrent.
Does what I want and need.

harshytkage
03-15-2009, 02:23 AM

i just think utorrent is far better because its a lightweight program that doesnt need to rely on java or anything else to work. why would i use a larger program when i can do exactly the same thing with utorrent. and the fact that they're trying to legally distribute movies and content with it makes me less interested in it. its really like comparing nod32 to norton for imho.

everyone has their own opinion and point of view...peace...:happy:

oct04
03-15-2009, 02:25 AM
I prefer utorrent.

Charger
03-15-2009, 03:48 PM
For me there is no discussion - Utorrent .

kelfa
03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Vuze is far superior. Open-source, better plugins, nicer labeling system.
Utorrent is for people with p4's and a gig of ram or less

stoi
03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Vuze is far superior. Open-source, better plugins, nicer labeling system.
Utorrent is for people with p4's and a gig of ram or less

I have a Q6700 and 4 gig ram and a 8800GTX and i still wouldnt touch Vuze with a bargepoll.

Sorry i just dont like Vuze, never have, and never will.

and as i said its not because its a resource hog, i run Vista 64 bit will all the aero and crap, so that doesnt bother me, i also like aesthetics, but tbh, i only ever look at utorrent once or twice a day, it does what its supposed to, and it works, which does me.