PDA

View Full Version : F********g

Doomis
03-10-2009, 02:37 AM
Wondering if it's down? Still connected.

Skiz
03-10-2009, 02:37 AM
Did you try to access it?

Doomis
03-10-2009, 02:39 AM
got incorrect password
have not changed in a long while

Skiz
03-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Have you tried recovering?

I'm 99.9% sure they do not purge accounts for inactivity.

Doomis
03-10-2009, 02:45 AM
hmm...not found in database. Still connected to torrents though. I hope it's just a little problem.

don't understand on it all the time.

FiftyGame
03-10-2009, 02:50 AM
We have been having some problems. You have 3 choices.

1. join our support irc.xevion.net #FSC-Support
2. pm me here
3. Recover your account with pin and login name

Sorry for the inconvenience,

//FiftyGame

Skiz
03-10-2009, 02:51 AM
I haven't logged in there in about a year and it seems my account is gone as well. I was told that it wouldn't be deleted but... :idunno:

Perhaps someone else will be along shortly with a better answer. Good luck.

EDIT: There you go. :rolleyes:

Bone.W.Machine
03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I haven't logged in there in about a year and it seems my account is gone as well. I was told that it wouldn't be deleted but... :idunno:

EDIT: There you go. :rolleyes:your account is not gone Skizo. :)

TheFoX
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Remember that to recover passwords, you use a login name, but to access the site with a working password, you use a user name.

Very complex system. :lol:

KFlint
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Remember that to recover passwords, you use a login name, but to access the site with a working password, you use a user name.

Very complex system. :lol:

Oh you and your OCD :P

ben99
03-10-2009, 04:09 PM

EDIT: There you go. :rolleyes:
if you haven't logged in for a year, I'm sure you wont miss it :rolleyes:...even though your account is still active.

Skiz
03-10-2009, 06:26 PM

EDIT: There you go. :rolleyes:your account is not gone Skizo. :)

The user name and password I have written down doesn't work. :unsure:

I can't be arsed to recover as I won't use it anyhow. The site was just always too slow for me.

Tokeman
03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
IIRC there was a bug on the site a little while back, and all the passwords got reset. I still can't login normally, I never fixed it but can sign in the alternate way...

sear
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
You should fix your password. If you don't soon you will lose access to your account.

Read the announcement...if you can log in fixing your password isn't hard.

Tokeman
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Hmm, will have to do that then. I figured it might actually have been more secure, since technically there was no pass, and you can't logon with no pass?

Oh well, I'll set one tonight.

sear
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. It is secure. You said you could log in using the alternate method which means you have access to your account. If you can access it its possible to change your password quite easily. If you can't only staff can do it for you.

My point is that soon people who haven't reset their passwords won't be able to access their accounts...even if they can log in at the moment.

Tokeman
03-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I got your point. My point was, if I could not login the usual way (the only way a non-member would know) then there was 0 chance at all that anyone else could 'hack' my account in my opinion. Probably a misguided assumption, but since I could access it the other way, I figured whats the harm. I had an old news item not cleared, so I did not see the new announcement about the pass's.

sear
03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Ah fair enough. Hacking isn't the concern. It's something else I'm not going to mention here but has to do with changes that have been discussed in the forums ad nauseum.

sharefile4
03-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Hi, I have some problem!:pinch:

"Your username or password is incorrect"
Please visit http://filesharingtalk.com/ where you may be able to find help with this problem.

The error is diferent when the user doesnt exist ( just Login failed!Username or password incorrect), then the acc seems is (or I guess) still active. But when I try to recover it the form ask me a "PIN" (that i dont know) and Login Name and the answer is:

The Username XXXXX was not found in the database.;) (of course the PIN is a any number created by me )..

Can someone help me?:huh:

tks!

That1Guy
03-11-2009, 02:53 AM
We have been having some problems. You have 3 choices.

1. join our support irc.xevion.net #FSC-Support
2. pm me here
3. Recover your account with pin and login name

Sorry for the inconvenience,

//FiftyGame

I dont have anything to say, but the script makes me (cant just quote)

Funkin'
03-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Hi, I have some problem!:pinch:

"Your username or password is incorrect"
Please visit http://filesharingtalk.com/ where you may be able to find help with this problem.

The error is diferent when the user doesnt exist ( just Login failed!Username or password incorrect), then the acc seems is (or I guess) still active. But when I try to recover it the form ask me a "PIN" (that i dont know) and Login Name and the answer is:

The Username XXXXX was not found in the database.;) (of course the PIN is a any number created by me )..

Can someone help me?:huh:

tks!

You should jump on IRC or pm Sear of Fifty. But it looks likes you may be trying to recover your pass with your username and not your login name.

sear
03-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Indeed pm me or fifty or fifty or jump on IRC which is the preferred option.

TheFoX
03-13-2009, 02:17 AM
The site was just always too slow for me.

You need to smoke more skank man, then the site will load just fine...