PDA

View Full Version : F*N requests

psychoactive
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Would like to know if F*N was perhaps let's say level 4 and another no ratio tracker, for example GFT, were level 8 if all those F*N requests would be for GFT?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-mystery-request-341296
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-req-ftn-340773
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-ftn-req-can--339634
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-reg-ftn-340912
PS I just don't believe the 'great community' excuse ;).

The_Martinator
03-10-2009, 12:59 PM
They probably would. Your point?

arham12
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
ocourse ppl just want it bcuz of its high level they think it bcums good and then they can brag about it to their frends

the most common excuses

1.community
2.pretimes

Ahmed047
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
there are many motives for people to try to join FTN including content ,speed ,pretime ,rarity ,community ,but i think that the main advantage of FTN over GFT is that the files are kept seeded in FTN for a very long time (as there is no minimum seeding time & all members do not want to loose their accounts because of hit & run) .

RedRansom
03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
FTN hand out some invites who donated last month,this's what i heard from someone so ppl just trying their chance and when you look topic owner they're a little bit newbie...(like me at ages ago:p)
I dont think some of them will get invite cuz i already guess someone donating friend's account for one invite(this is what i saw some invite forum) or ppl just promising if i get invite i will give you first if you're nice friend of her/him without donate...
So get an invite from these req nearly %1 cuz tracker is not handing out invites often...
and thanks to you for opening such as a topic cuz I really think when someone request and
If someone wont help the topic owner just STFU, unless say good luck!but ppl loving the spamming especailly ftn's request page

Funkin'
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Would like to know if F*N was perhaps let's say level 4 and another no ratio tracker, for example GFT, were level 8 if all those F*N requests would be for GFT?

I'm sure you knew the answer to this question already. But this wouldn't happen just in the case of these two sites. If any site, no matter the kind of content it offered or if it was no ratio or not, moved from being a "low level" up to a "high level", people would be requesting to get in.

b3owulf
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
ocourse ppl just want it bcuz of its high level they think it bcums good and then they can brag about it to their frends

the most common excuses

1.community
2.pretimes

Agree. FtN is not the best tracker outta here, people wanna join it mostly to enlatge their e-penis and 1337ness. Community? Sorry, there tons of great, helpful and nice communities on the net. Pre-times? SCC, ScT and GFT are much faster (and easier to join). In fact, who cares 'bout seconds or minutes? I can't see great disaster if You get the files 2 later faster than others. What more I can say... Ah, yes, and the content of FtN is 99% identical to SCC, ScT and GFT, so...

Swift
03-10-2009, 04:08 PM
do you have an account there ?

Cabalo
03-10-2009, 04:35 PM
there will always have to be a site that has to be people's nemesis.
better if it is a decent one than one of the many kindergarten ones around.

b3owulf
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM

No, I do not have an account on FtN. I know all of this information from here and other invite boards. Also have some friends on that tracker.

Tokeman
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Its amazing that the most outspoken people of some trackers aren't even members of the sites they speak about.

Guess we don't hae to wonder where misinformation comes from do we?

no_bother
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Tahts what ads the mystery to the sites. because so many peopkle that arent there say FTN is great and we love it, word spreads that its good, andn its just general consensus.

b3owulf
03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Tahts what ads the mystery to the sites. because so many peopkle that arent there say FTN is great and we love it, word spreads that its good, andn its just general consensus.

Exactly! People just don't want to understant that FtN is JUST_0-DAY_TRACKER.

Tokeman
03-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Which just happens to be a great 0 day tracker, if you want the opinion of an actual member...

brightsid
03-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Well I think that Tokeman was referring to people that spread other kind of words like collector and trader dream.
Not exactly the same

b3owulf
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
kk people, I really want to know exact reasons why maybe some of You wanted so much to join FtN and what have You saw when You got invited. Just a question. I already wrote that content of FtN can be found on any other 0-day tracker (which is true), no ratio system is tasty, yes :) And community... Is it really as tight and unique as some of You're saying? Be honest, plz :) Your posts may be really helpful to those who seek invite to FtN.

Something Else
03-10-2009, 06:10 PM
If you've seen one 0day, scene release only site, you've seen them all.

The only difference I can see between them is personal taste.

colombianino
03-10-2009, 07:12 PM
FTN hand out some invites who donated last month,this's what i heard from someone so ppl just trying their chance and when you look topic owner they're a little bit newbie...(like me at ages ago:p)
I dont think some of them will get invite cuz i already guess someone donating friend's account for one invite(this is what i saw some invite forum) or ppl just promising if i get invite i will give you first if you're nice friend of her/him without donate...
So get an invite from these req nearly %1 cuz tracker is not handing out invites often...
and thanks to you for opening such as a topic cuz I really think when someone request and
If someone wont help the topic owner just STFU, unless say good luck!but ppl loving the spamming especailly ftn's request page

so if there ever was to be a sub-forum dedicated to ftn only it would just be titled "spam section"

everyone knwos this, if you want it its because you know what you're getting, i would bet money if all the requests were filled most accounts would be rarely used (tracker-wise).

so if you want your tracker to have success make it a high level :frusty:

Swift
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM

No, I do not have an account on FtN. I know all of this information from here and other invite boards. Also have some friends on that tracker.

then don't comment .. your posts don't count ! obviously don't know much about the tracker.

It happened to me when I commented about GFT now I really enjoy the tracker and I feel sorry that I didn't apply for an invite faster

Lucifer9999
03-10-2009, 10:09 PM
most high level trackers are very shitty!! but f*n is an exception!!!

puckface
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Which just happens to be a great 0 day tracker, if you want the opinion of an actual member...

Im an actual member and I cant really see what makes it different from all the others. Im curious what you think makes it "great". seriously.

p.s. Please dont say "community"

Cabalo
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Im an actual member and I cant really see what makes it different from all the others. Im curious what you think makes it "great". seriously.

p.s. Please dont say "community"
stylesheet? :unsure:
category icons, as someone said before?

Tokeman
03-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Well for me its fast pre's combined with a small userbase and no ratio. And yes, I know there are other sites that have those qualities, and I'm a member at some of those too.

Every person is going to have their own opinion on what makes a tracker great. Just because I think its great, doesn't mean joe schmoe thinks the same. It just irks me when non members spout rumor and speculation. When members do it I could care less, their opinion is warrented at least.

jars
03-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Fantastic members, mature conversation in the forums, fast dloads and no ratio.

black_pearl
03-11-2009, 05:08 AM
It's also the thing to have a grate request and be a good user, it's like getting the 1st prize in a big competition... of course, until albo & cabalo comes and ruin your request

Cabalo
03-11-2009, 05:29 AM
It's also the thing to have a grate request and be a good user, it's like getting the 1st prize in a big competition... of course, until albo & cabalo comes and ruin your request
:huh: i don't ruin people's requests.
people ruin their own requests. I just point out what is not working.

think of me more like a mechanic.

Albo Da Kid
03-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Ofcourse. That's a rhetorical question. Put the term "ratiofree" and high level together and there you go.
Besides, you wouldn't see many requests for an easy tracker because invites are given out like candy(scl,Ipt) but once they're a little harder to get into, then it's a different story.
Remember what happened once Gft closed their irc invites?

The Wanderer
03-11-2009, 10:26 AM
FtN is not the best tracker outta here, people wanna join it mostly to enlatge their e-penis and 1337ness.

You see, I for once certainly didn't join ftn for elitness. I could care less about that. :yup: All I wanted was a small, secure tracker with an active leeching community (some might disagree with me about that, but I want to remind them ftn has around 5000 members which is 4 time less than sct for example) with good pretimes and above all a tracker with tradition who respects and holds in great esteem its members. In other words, a tracker who respects me as much as I respect it as an ordinary member.

What makes ftn the most wanted tracker in BT world, imo?

- great pretimes
- an active and helpful community who listen to you and values your opinion
- a large and diverse content to please everyone
- no ratio, no minimum seeding time along with a mature community who doesn't hit and run on torrents
- the best tracker design out there
- nice and helpful staff

All these factors together make ftn the best tracker in BT world, imo.

03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
since when did FTN get fast pre's ? and doesn't it have that shitty error which stalls your leeching ?

GFT all day babay

Swift
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
in fact users who think or act on trackers and talk about levels they most like don't care about any site at all as the OP for example he's only here thinking about lvl and ftn .. not about ftn and what it has to offer

mobile
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
the OP for example he's only here thinking about lvl and ftn .. not about ftn and what it has to offer

he wouldn't care to open a thread like this if he thought that way:lol:

Swift
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
the OP for example he's only here thinking about lvl and ftn .. not about ftn and what it has to offer

he wouldn't care to open a thread like this if he thought that way:lol:

but he did and he doesn't even have an account there that's even worse

don't judge a book by it's cover

Disme
03-11-2009, 01:21 PM
If you've seen one 0day, scene release only site, you've seen them all.

The only difference I can see between them is personal taste.

This is the only true answer...I guess benchez has common sense and maturity after all :P

UnGodly
03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
people want ftn becuz they are either a trader/collector and it is a rare one or they just want it so they can comment on boards like this and tell everyone else that they are a member of ftn (you know the one with great tradition??! The Wanderer lol)

b3owulf
03-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Hm, seem that I started a holywar :lol: Well, I wanna say sorry to all users who I maybe insulted, didn't mean to do that... Just forgot to add "IMHO" tag to all my posts. PEACE!

redMonster
03-11-2009, 04:12 PM

- no ratio, no minimum seeding time along with a mature community who doesn't hit and run on torrents
no minimum seeding time? don't they have a rule of seeding for 2 or 3 days?

Swift
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
yes there is like 36h

b3owulf
03-11-2009, 05:19 PM

no minimum seeding time? don't they have a rule of seeding for 2 or 3 days?

No, they dont have it.

FtN is the original pioneer behind the notion of creating the no ratio system for its members. In the beginning, members were required to seed for 72 hours; this was then trimmed down to 48 hours; and later lowered to 36 hours. According to current FtN rules, there is now no minimum seed time whatsoever, making it the only tracker to work entirely on the honor-system, with no ratio or seed time. Because of the calibre of what FtN has to offer, it certainly works. Downloading rules: "Seed every torrent back to 1:1 ratio or at least try to. You are not forced to seed the torrent 1:1, but you’re expected to seed the torrent for as long as possible."

The Wanderer
03-11-2009, 05:25 PM
yes there is like 36h

:slap: Sure, if you say so. :lol:

FLEA
03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
ye, good point mate, now almost all have gft, now time for F*N :lol:

johhn
03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
yes there is like 36h
used to be 48 hours at least, not any more, however, if you didnt seed back to at least 90% something and stop seeding b4 the 48th hour, that very torrent will be high-lighted in you torrent history, so it wont make you look good if you have many of them like that.
seeding time to up to every1's good will, so show the world that you have it.

dedro
03-12-2009, 03:51 AM
yes there is like 36h
used to be 48 hours at least, not any more, however, if you didnt seed back to at least 90% something and stop seeding b4 the 48th hour, that very torrent will be high-lighted in you torrent history, so it wont make you look good if you have many of them like that.
good will is underrated:)

b3owulf
03-12-2009, 07:53 AM
good will is underrated:)

As you might know, people on F*N don't want to lose an acc because of hit'n'run. So they keep seeding torrent for as long as possible :)

Funkin'
03-12-2009, 10:42 AM
As you might know, people on F*N don't want to lose an acc because of hit'n'run. So they keep seeding torrent for as long as possible :)

If that was only true...

Swift
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM

If that was only true...

as a matter of fact lots of users have seedboxes... seed back fast and after a day or 2 delete the torrent but you can req a reseed that's okay

Mutu
03-12-2009, 01:07 PM
f*n still accept new users ?
i mean users over there have invites ?

Swift
03-12-2009, 01:34 PM
f*n still accept new users ?
i mean users over there have invites ?

the invites where always open depends who staff picked also the lucky ones who donated the last week for the servers got invites.

Tomtetrollet
03-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Everyone knows the answer to OP's question, but something I would like to know is, if there was no WTAW, would people still be so hectic about joining F*N? Probably not.

The only reason I would want to join F*N would be to make my already long e-penis even longer...
in terms of content there's nothing in particular, or so it seems at least.
If you're a member of a 0day tracker then you can probably get everything that the users at F*N gets.

Sure it has no ratio, perfect place for hit n' runners.
Or more like "Seed 48 hours then delete the torrent" is what everyone thinks.
I saw a member on bitGAMER describe the hype about BCG and it made me laugh, it felt so right.
It can probably be applied to the hype about F*N as well.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying BCG is a *bad* tracker, I just find it annoying the way everyone thinks it's some sort of Utopian society where limitless fountains of games spring up between the rivers of seeders and the trees made out of chocolate, where every account comes with a free kitten and where all gamers who follow the True Path of the Black Cat and are loyal to him until his return will be brought up into Gamer Heaven for all eternity - a place where computers never need upgrading, consoles come factory-shipped with modchips, and you have all the bandwidth you can fit on your 100 petabyte RAID arrays.

Tokeman
03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Everyone knows the answer to OP's question, but something I would like to know is, if there was no WTAW, would people still be so hectic about joining F*N? Probably not.

The only reason I would want to join F*N would be to make my already long e-penis even longer...
in terms of content there's nothing in particular, or so it seems at least.
If you're a member of a 0day tracker then you can probably get everything that the users at F*N gets.

Sure it has no ratio, perfect place for hit n' runners.
Or more like "Seed 48 hours then delete the torrent" is what everyone thinks.
I saw a member on bitGAMER describe the hype about BCG and it made me laugh, it felt so right.
It can probably be applied to the hype about F*N as well.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying BCG is a *bad* tracker, I just find it annoying the way everyone thinks it's some sort of Utopian society where limitless fountains of games spring up between the rivers of seeders and the trees made out of chocolate, where every account comes with a free kitten and where all gamers who follow the True Path of the Black Cat and are loyal to him until his return will be brought up into Gamer Heaven for all eternity - a place where computers never need upgrading, consoles come factory-shipped with modchips, and you have all the bandwidth you can fit on your 100 petabyte RAID arrays.

That is a pretty bad example. You're saying FTN is hyped because its rare then compare it to BCG. Well, BCG has not always been rare, and Stoi has gone out of his way multiple times (even recently) to try and lower the rarity of his tracker, from open signups to mass referrals to him opening threads saying Post here for a chance to get in!

Hype doesn't spawn from nothing, and most times, theres a reason for it. FTN is unique, and seems to be ahead of the game when it comes to how they manage their tracker.

BCG has been hyped because it is a good games tracker. They have a very active community, no lack of leechers, even on older stuff. Requests are filled quickly. It is very very very easy to maintain a good ratio, even when getting very old torrents that still exist on the tracker due to dedicated seeders like myself (with no seedbox to boot).

Are there other trackers that offer some of these perks? Sure, but BCG and FTN deserve their hype, as they live up to it IMO. And by hype, I mean perks, bonus's, and tracker systems, not rumor and speculation by non-members.

no_bother
03-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Rumour and speculation by non members are what makes FTN and BCG and other places like that so highly wanted.

When BcG took away all our referrals, the amount of trades that went for it, looking fo high level only.
FTN seem to live off the hype. Most people who post here arent members (including me) but most people have heard its brilliant, its a great community blah blah, bittorrent isnt about the communities for trackers, its about the filesharing. if you want communities go find a community, if you want to download stuff, seed it for 48 hours and then feck off, go join up to SITR or demonoid. most people that I know of even on the likes of GFT keep their stuff seeding. No ratio was their original claim to fame, that was why I wanted in originally, because my net is throttled, but now that theres other 0day sites out there with no ratio, I dont need it really anymore, because all it takes is one and to cross seed on my other sites to make them useable too.

Funkin'
03-13-2009, 04:05 AM

You're not alone, that's for sure. Most that request an invite to FTN want to be a member for the same reason.

black_pearl
03-13-2009, 05:45 AM

You're not alone, that's for sure. Most that request an invite to FTN want to be a member for the same reason.

NO TRUE!!!

I want FtN because today'z Friday 13th