PDA

View Full Version : PTP misbehaving?

psychoactive
03-10-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.php?t=181262&hpr=Pass_the_popcorn__no_butter_please

Recently PtP has gone out and started banning members whom happen to be staff at other sites . I had heard more or less but it was confirmed this morning by a staff member at Tehconnection

The small line or IRC text was posted "elswhere" and I felt it should be public knowledge.

Quote:
18:07 < ilias> appears all tehconnection staff got banned
18:07 < ilias> for.. being tehconnection staff
18:07 <&feppea> lol
18:07 <&feppea> no
18:07 <&feppea> not for that
18:08 <&feppea> Disabled because "reson: no reason given"
18:08 <&feppea> pham!
18:08 < ilias> so it's a coincidence that all of us were disabled? :\
18:08 <&feppea> yeah, sure
18:08 <&feppea> and pigs can fly

Staff from 3 other trackers have had the same issue.

Now, if it were a competitive site, I could almost understand. But when it is sites offering a much wider variety of files, then it is malicious and bordering on negligence

I myself was treated like something less than a user when trying to confront the staff with a potential security issue. I guess they know more than I

So many trackers, of late, have popped up and began running their sites like the 4rd Reich.

With activities like this, I will find it amusing to watch PtP's donations start to flounder then fall. No one supports sites that shit on others, plain and simple.

So sad that these new people, people whom have been in BT 1-2 years,think they know " How it is" and they clearly have no clue.

I guess they fear other sites stealing their releases...Sorry,I was trying not to laugh.

Oh well, I intend to watch the fire start,flourish,then burn out as the site finds itself, based on it's on antics,loose the faith and support of it's already meager user
Discuss.

Detale
03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Seems odd that this could be the case. It doesn't seem condusive to any agenda to ban other site staff. Seems like it would hurt them more than anything really, who knows :idunno:

sez
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
myspace admins banning facebook staff,now that would be interesting lol...conclusion,someone knows something that they are not telling or its just a bunch of bored teenagers playing school yard bully

The_Martinator
03-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Not cool, IMO. Still, they can ban whoever they want.

Were they afraid that TC was gonna copy them?

EDIT: As suggested, they were probably worried that content could be taken from PtP to TC.

TC: ~3000 torrents
PtP: ~6000 torents

NippleCake
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
someone knows something that they are not telling or its just a bunch of bored teenagers playing school yard bully

thats kinda what i am thinking. I imagine it has happened to staff from goem and ptn as well?

i really dont think it is a wise decision by staff, there is no point causing unneccesary hostilities. Also tbh i wouldn't fuck with TehConnection :happy:

Funkin'
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Considering your source, I'm not sure how much I believe this(I mean, come on...RP?). But even if this is true, which it doesn't make sense to ban members solely because they are staff at other trackers, it doesn't affect or concern me at all. So this won't change the way I view the tracker or will make me stop wanting to use it.

IdolEyes787
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
It's true as confirmed by TC staff.Also not given the courtesy of a reason even.
Whatever the supposed justification that part is just wrong.

Funkin'
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Would you happen to know if it is just TC staff or other tracker staff also?

NippleCake
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Would you happen to know if it is just TC staff or other tracker staff also?

Staff from 3 other trackers have had the same issue. :unsure:

Funkin'
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
My bad. I glanced over that.

no_bother
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Considering your source, I'm not sure how much I believe this(I mean, come on...RP?). But even if this is true, which it doesn't make sense to ban members solely because they are staff at other trackers, it doesn't affect or concern me at all. So this won't change the way I view the tracker or will make me stop wanting to use it.

It is true, this was posted somewhere else before it made it to realpoor.

vic
03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Considering most of them are ScT staff i don't think this is not logical.

1000possibleclaws
03-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Maybe staff members from PtP are holding grudges from their past?

Something Else
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
.... (http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.php?t=181262&hpr=Pass_the_popcorn__no_butter_please)
4rd Reich.

:glagpinch:

IdolEyes787
03-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Maybe someone who is connected to PTP could clarify the thinking behind it so that everyone understand the reasoning.

.... (http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.php?t=181262&hpr=Pass_the_popcorn__no_butter_please)
4rd Reich.

:glagpinch:

Beats the hell out of the 3th one.

respawn40
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Considering your source, I'm not sure how much I believe this(I mean, come on...RP?).

You can believe this. The post came directly from a TehC staffer, at that place that you've started visiting less ;)

Albo Da Kid
03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Tell you the truth I could care less about their issues. From how I see it they're two trackers in competition and from the look of this thread the TeHc crew is bringing this up to make them look bad. There must be a lot more in the scenario that we don't know about but unfortunately I'm not even interested to find out.

Intr4ns1t
03-11-2009, 12:41 AM
thats kinda what i am thinking. I imagine it has happened to staff from goem and ptn as well?

Not to me. :blink: Still there and have invites. I know they know I'm staff, so who can tell...

It sounds more like a intersite rivalry than anything else.

Funkin'
03-11-2009, 02:51 AM
It is true, this was posted somewhere else before it made it to realpoor.

You can believe this. The post came directly from a TehC staffer, at that place that you've started visiting less ;)

Yeah, just saw that myself. Guess I was wrong about this. For some reason I didn't think the PtP staff would actually ban members that are tracker staff at other movie trackers. Guess they're being petty. Or maybe there's some other reason going on by the scenes that we don't know about. Who knows...

And actually, I still visit there everyday. I've just found myself posting there less and less. :P

Cabalo
03-11-2009, 02:59 AM
this is just another kiddie battle in the BT world.
nothing new to see here.
move along everyone.

TehMeph
03-11-2009, 05:34 AM
This is my first post here and I signed up explicitly to post in this thread. I'll ask ilias to post here as well, when he's online again. If there's some way for staff here to verify who I am claiming to be - mephistopheles at TehConnection, SysAdmin and coder - please feel free to contact me.

We had a massive influx of new users who were sitting on accounts, due to the extended period of open signups, after we switched to gazelle. To compensate for this (account sitting), we started disabling old accounts that had 0 activity, nothing snatched or leeched or uploaded.

PassThePopcorn's owner qualified for our rules and was disabled, completely automatically. We've no issues with PtP staff and have even given our VIP-like "community staff" class to the one PtP staff member that has asked for it. Upon talking to the owner, ilias re-enabled him and gave him that same class, to prevent the same thing from happening again; he was answered with a g:line.

We've taken no ridiculously immature measures against PtP and have sought no retribution of any sort, but this is the story as best I know it. Regarding the "leaking" of content, we've established in our rules (and we do enforce this) that exclusive content is not to be uploaded without proper consent from the original releaser(s); we've worked out agreements with a few p2p groups to allow their exclusive content at TehConnection and have silently obliged when asked to follow restrictions or blacklists. We've been very public with this stance and were the PtP staff worried about such a thing, they could easily contact us with their worries and we'd address their issues; however, like other issues, their staff has not approached us at all.

And one final point, no one on my staff is a staff member at ScT. What people have done in their past is in their past and while we maintain friendly relations with ScT, as we try to do with all other trackers, I assure you we are not affiliated with them.

black_pearl
03-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Someone Pass me the Popcorn so I ca watch some films downloaded from Tehonnection. TC it's a grate tracker but this is the first time I am hearing about that PtP tracker with a stupid name

PasstheDAQ
03-11-2009, 06:05 AM
So, DAQ here from PassThePopcorn.

The disabling of other staff members accounts I can't disclose, as I'm not the one who did it. The only thing I can say is, there's no rivalry between the staff at PTP & TC that I know of. There's no reason for this to happen, and I've retracted some of the bans that were set. It seems I set one on accident myself, and I take responsibility for that. It was, however, on accident. We appreciate the efforts put forth on every tracker, as we all know running a site like this (No matter the size, etc.) is not easy.

To TC Staff: You're always welcomed to PM me on What.CD as kermitDJ , or on PTP if your accounts enabled. As I don't know all of your accounts, feel free to contact me through anyway you wish.

Thanks! :)

Cabalo
03-11-2009, 06:06 AM
nevermind... damn T.S.O.L. :fist:

1000possibleclaws
03-11-2009, 06:12 AM
(Had to approve a couple posts because new accounts go on some automatic spam thing that blocks posts with certain key words, or something like that.. :idunno:Sorry for the delay in those posts.)

i just saw someone registered a PasstheDAQ account here right now.
i'm expecting childish behaviour.

LOL, well now you look bad because of that delay in his post :P

Wi0
03-11-2009, 06:19 AM
<3 daq

PasstheDAQ
03-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Wi0! :) Much <3 my friend.

Six66Mike
03-11-2009, 06:43 AM
<3 DAQ & Wi0 & meph (thanks for the vhost) :D

Albo Da Kid
03-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Surprisingly this has turned from a criticizing topic to a love fest. The OP must be disappointed...http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gif

PasstheDAQ
03-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Or glad that it's been resolved, and publicly known that staff on each site have no hard feelings, grudges, etc. against each other?

Whichever way you wanna look at it I guess.

TP635
03-11-2009, 07:23 AM
tit for tat revenge
it look
when info is not complete.

Albo Da Kid
03-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Or glad that it's been resolved
I doubt it.. The OP was out for blood on this one.
Good thing that you came here and put an end to this by replying like a gentleman or else this thread could have been going on for days and .. you know the rest

PasstheDAQ
03-11-2009, 04:44 PM
It's threads like this that give the community a bad name when lack of information is taken for something it's not. :) And yes, I agree, I'm glad this thread can die peacefully now.

Also, Friday the 13th bishes!

SpX21
03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
i wanted a war.

PasstheDAQ
03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
i wanted a war.
Hahahaha.

Wi0
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
i wanted a war.

rawrrrrrrrrrr :01:

DarkLured
03-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Fight, fight, fight! Naw, hugz iz better. ;)

ben99
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
completegibberish once again trying to start trouble, he's like the paparazzi of the torrent scene...

NippleCake
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
i wanted a war.

Westside till i die Mutherfucker!

p2p-net irc \o/

Albo Da Kid
03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
completegibberish once again trying to start trouble, he's like the paparazzi of the torrent scene...AHhaha funny thing is that no1 replied to his thread. He must be even more disappointed than the OP.

I get where you're coming from though. I remember he started a rumor about the tvt.ro admin scaming accounts and ended up apologizing at the end saying that he had made a mistake. Shit like that is not exceptable. If you're going based on a hunch with no concret proof, it's better not to bring it up at all.
It reminds me of the CN incident with Cabalo.. The whole staff wanted to global ban him based on a hunch. Turned out they were all wrong when Detale provided proof which showed that Cabalo was innocent.
This "I want authority" thing needs to stop already. Either get rid of childish staffers or punish the shit out of them if they recriate bullshit stunts like these.

1000possibleclaws
03-11-2009, 10:33 PM
completegibberish once again trying to start trouble, he's like the paparazzi of the torrent scene...AHhaha funny thing is that no1 replied to his thread. He must be even more disappointed than the OP.

I get where you're coming from though. I remember he started a rumor about the tvt.ro admin scaming accounts and ended up apologizing at the end saying that he had made a mistake. Shit like that is not exceptable. If you're going based on a hunch with no concret proof, it's better not to bring it up at all.
It reminds me of the CN incident with Cabalo.. The whole staff wanted to global ban him based on a hunch. Turned out they were all wrong when Detale provided proof which showed that Cabalo was innocent.
This "I want authority" thing needs to stop already. Either get rid of childish staffers or punish the shit out of them if they recriate bullshit stunts like these.

Yeah I completely agree. BTT e-drama is childish and it's gotten way out of hand. I doubt CN could pull off a global ban either way though :rolleyes: If a tracker listened to one of their ridiculous claims I wouldn't want to be a member at that given tracker anyways. Fail @ the OP assuming he was indeed trying to provoke something, and hopefully future situations will be handled in a similar mature way. Big ups to staff at both TC and PTP for sorting this out without any ego boosting.

NippleCake
03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
[quote=ben99;3160443]

dam straight. Global ban for a review is also way OTT and kinda stinks of power trip. There are people who have made reviews of the "established" (yes we are talking high 'level' here) sites who are actually concerned about their security and they were not even banned. :happy:

Albo Da Kid
03-12-2009, 04:24 AM
I doubt CN could pull off a global ban either way though :rolleyes: If a tracker listened to one of their ridiculous claims...
ahah no shit.. Tell that to the kid staffers who think they are at the top of the chain though.

According to them, a Global Ban = getting banned from these 4 sites: TiT, Acid Lounge, Tophos and cn

Funkin'
03-12-2009, 04:51 AM
completegibberish once again trying to start trouble, he's like the paparazzi of the torrent scene...

That's why I never believe anything that comes from him or that site seriously. I just can't help but to think of both as a joke.

eldiesel
03-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I doubt CN could pull off a global ban either way though :rolleyes: If a tracker listened to one of their ridiculous claims...
ahah no shit.. Tell that to the kid staffers who think they are at the top of the chain though.

According to them, a Global Ban = getting banned from these 4 sites: TiT, Acid Lounge, Tophos and cn

you dont even know what you are talking about

Albo Da Kid
03-15-2009, 01:20 PM
good job on bringing up an old subject dickhead. I hope you don't get cock smacked by "Fbi and the Vicious Circle kiddies" for trying to bring further exposure to CN.

EDIT: And I was right http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-need-r-cosanostra-cn-342226

Old_Swift_acct
03-15-2009, 03:03 PM
good job on bringing up an old subject dickhead. I hope you don't get cock smacked by "Fbi and the Vicious Circle" for trying to bring further exposure to CN.

cut the crap.. and stfu already

Albo Da Kid
03-15-2009, 03:34 PM
lul..swift from Black rabbit?? You're alive? I thought you killed yourself out of humiliation. wtf is going on

Old_Swift_acct
03-15-2009, 03:35 PM
lul..swift from Black rabbit?? You're alive? I thought you killed yourself out of humiliation. wtf is going on

i'm not that swift