PDA

View Full Version : {req} ftn

Col. Skillz
03-11-2009, 01:02 AM
First I'd like to say that I'm not really expecting this request to be filled, and it's more of a "it can't hurt to ask" type thing. I know FTN has given out some invites during the past few days and, being a tracker I'd really enjoy, I can only try.

FTN! the 0-day ratiofree tracker that is probably #1 on many people's list and by far one of the hardest ones to get in to. My main reasons for wanting in are because of the "ratio free" aspect and the strong community. I know places like PtN and FTN are very community heavy, which is nice twist for a PT. A lot of the trackers I'm on don't have the most active communities and being on one of this sort would definitly be something I'd want to experience.

So, I know my chances are slim to none but better than not asking at all. I know I don't need it, nor does anyone else for that matter, but it would be a unique change for me, to say the least.

If anyone has any considerations I'd happily post some profile links/screens and a speedtest.

Cabalo
03-11-2009, 02:09 AM
your chances are probably better than 90% of the latest FTN requests here... not that they aren't slim anyway, but better.

harshytkage
03-11-2009, 02:14 AM
well...if some ahem..."other" requests have been filled(and i have absolutely no distant idea why or how) your's seems pretty decent...

Cabalo
03-11-2009, 02:22 AM
well...if some ahem..."other" requests have been filled(and i have absolutely no distant idea why or how) your's seems pretty decent...
of course those other ones are a lot of crap made from dupe accounts wanting to make fun of you guys. just don't buy that crap.

Funkin'
03-11-2009, 05:56 AM
I hope you get invited Col. Skillz. You seem like a pretty nice person.

Good luck.

Ahmed047
03-11-2009, 07:01 AM
First I'd like to say that I'm not really expecting this request to be filled, and it's more of a "it can't hurt to ask" type thing. I know FTN has given out some invites during the past few days and, being a tracker I'd really enjoy, I can only try.
yes ,your request is difficult but good luck .

I know I don't need it, nor does anyone else for that matter
i do not like this line !!! ,one should request any tracker only when he need it & will use it .

CaptanAmerica
03-11-2009, 07:04 AM
i want to dilute this req with only one fact. i dont want tell anything except the thing that he ddnt care of pming me in my last tl ga there (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-1x-tl-invite-ga-334403)
my pm box was full, but before i added post number 9 i cleared it and after 3 days were passed he even ddnt answer in the topic or in pm
also i dont think that judge some1 by what hes writting is good nuff. mb u shd go to look at his acts in the recent past

Disme
03-11-2009, 07:07 AM
i do not like this line !!! ,one should request any tracker only when he need it & will use it .

He didn't mean he wouldn't use it ... he said he doesn't 'NEED' it but 'WANTS' it.
Nobody needs a tracker-invite ... things you need are water, electricity, food, etc ... invites are 'wanted'.

Anyway ... back to the request at hand.

i want to dilute this req with only one fact. i dont want tell anything except the thing that he ddnt care of pming me in my last tl ga there (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-1x-tl-invite-ga-334403)
my pm box was full, but before i added post number 9 i cleared it and after 3 days were passed he even ddnt answer in the topic or in pm
also i dont think that judge some1 by what hes writting is good nuff. mb u shd go to look at his acts in the recent past

So what ... he 'won' your invite so you trusted him based on what? His acts? I don't think so, but now you are advising people not to do so.

And now your feelings got hurt because he didn't seem to need the invite anymore. That might be not so polite of him, but hardly is a negative point for you to point out here in his request.

Or are you a little concerned he would actually get an invite and you don't :rolleyes:

dinamo82
03-11-2009, 07:14 AM
He didn't mean he wouldn't use it ... he said he doesn't 'NEED' it but 'WANTS' it.
Nobody needs a tracker-invite ... things you need are water, electricity, food, etc ... invites are 'wanted'.

Anyway ... back to the request at hand.

So what ... he 'won' your invite so you trusted him based on what? His acts? I don't think so, but now you are advising people not to do so.

And now your feelings got hurt because he didn't seem to need the invite anymore. That might be not so polite of him, but hardly is a negative point for you to point out here in his request.

Or are you a little concerned he would actually get an invite and you don't :rolleyes:

+1:cool:

arham12
03-11-2009, 07:46 AM
+2 :)

agreed 100%

gud luk Col. Skillz this is the only ftn req that i think has a gud chance :)

The_Martinator
03-11-2009, 07:53 AM
You just made a ''good luck with your FTN request'' post in another forum and right after that you decided to make one yourself. That's strange.

Anyway, I wish you luck, cause I think that's what you'll be needing the most.

PS: There are other, easier to get sites, that have an active community, why not try getting those (but who am I to speak of FTN's community aspect, just look at my history here)?

hagckz0r
03-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Lucky good luck dust from me...

Albo Da Kid
03-11-2009, 08:26 AM
My main reasons for wanting in are because of the "ratio free" aspect and the strong community.
Error error..System must self destruct

Now that's where your post started to lack logic.
My friennn, if you're looking for a strong community Fst is the right place for you. And if you're looking for a ratioless sufficient tracker, find someone to buffer your Tl/Sct account and there you go. You got yourself a ratioless tracker. It would be easier to find someone to lend you a seedbox than to find someone to donate money for a ftn invite for you.
As far as the community thing goes, like a smart man here said(i forgot whom), "A community is what you make of it."
There are other trackers out there which have a lot more to offer than Ftn's so called community. Don't waste your time chasing ghosts and then end up back in here talking about your failed expectations.

Col. Skillz
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
@ Captanamerica. Sorry man, It must have slipped my mind. I don't remember getting any PM's from you saying i won but after a quick search i found it =(. it was a really nice GA and I'm sorry I missed it. Don't think i would ignore you mate because it wasn't like that, not at all...I really wanted that invite and it was a great GA =p

back to ftn... thanks for all the support! I'm sure the community won't be some wonderful land of gleeful posters with more active members than here, but I've heard it's one of the best among the trackers, and as you can see, I love filesharing communities =) I know I would spend a lot of time on there, browsing torrents, browsing the forums, etc. And if for any reason i wasn't impressed by the forums there's no chance in hell I would come back here and whine about failed expectations lol =p

no_bother
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Can I just say, that Although Im a troll, this guy has seemed to have gotten alot from this site, but has done so by being a decent member here, of all the crap requests Ive posted in in the last few days/weeks this has to be one of the better ones.

And mate, from what Ive heard (Im not even a member there) is that people go for the high postcounts, and then leave it. any posts are always by new members. Most tracker communities are pish tbh, there are one or two exceptions, but forums are useless. IRC's are where its at, and you would do better to look into some of these other communities rather than FTN if thats where your interest lies.

Col. Skillz
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
bump bump !

no_bother
03-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Hrmm, it seems you ignored my post and albos.....
Might want to read them tooand resond to them make it look like you care what other people think?

Col. Skillz
03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Hrmm, it seems you ignored my post and albos.....
Might want to read them tooand resond to them make it look like you care what other people think?

I don't know what to say mate, I'm not a member there so can only judge it based of off what people say, and opinions are just that, opinions. Even if say their community is terrible, which i doubt, I'd still want it because it's ratio free, has top speeds, and great content database. You could argue that other sites have just as good speeds and content, but they aren't ratio free.

I don't have a seedbox and leaving all my torrents to seed 24:7 still takes awhile to achieve 1:1 with a 60kBps upload. With a ratiofree tracker I could seed without worrying about hitting that 1:1 mark, and instead spend some time in the forums. If the community is lame, whatever, it's no biggie. It's not a dealbreaker, but a great bonus in my eyes. Ratiofree trackers come at costs though, and need good members or the system would get abused, which is probably why invites are so rare in the first place =p

ANYWAY, This thread has been opened long enough, no point in publicizing FTN any longer =)