PDA

View Full Version : kimsufi L box keeps getting disk overload issue

iam1337
03-16-2009, 01:23 AM
everytime i download something, it gets this issue. this didn't happen when i bought it in the first week.

hmm im a bit puzzled.

Cabalo
03-16-2009, 01:45 AM
kimsufi disks are accessed at a NAS, so it might be a issue with intranet overloading.

pplush259
03-16-2009, 03:54 AM
everytime i download something, it gets this issue. this didn't happen when i bought it in the first week.

hmm im a bit puzzled.

try this setting in utorrent if thats ur client.

http://www.lookpic.com/files/settings.PNG

:naughty:

iam1337
03-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks Pplush, I will let you know how they work after a day or two.

teresckova
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
set up manually the cache size...like 256 mb should be enough

iam1337
03-16-2009, 07:18 PM
set up manually the cache size...like 256 mb should be enough
just doing that doesn't fix it.

KFlint
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
i'm sorry for you, seems like their boxes aren't performing evenly.

i've got a kimsufi L for 10 days now and it's a rocket, i can't believe it

my upload speed can be at 10 MBps whenever i want it and it doesn't crash when i download at high speed

I can create a new torrent without any speed slow down and never got a disk overload

I'm impressed I have to say, I feel like I'm having a Leaseweb hehe

What OS are you running? That could be the answer, I have Fedora Cora 9 installed

teresckova
03-16-2009, 08:37 PM
i'm sorry for you, seems like their boxes aren't performing evenly.

i've got a kimsufi L for 10 days now and it's a rocket, i can't believe it

my upload speed can be at 10 MBps whenever i want it and it doesn't crash when i download at high speed

I can create a new torrent without any speed slow down and never got a disk overload

I'm impressed I have to say, I feel like I'm having a Leaseweb hehe

What OS are you running? That could be the answer, I have Fedora Cora 9 installed
same for me...i been through the same problems,and after i raised the cache to 256 mb,everything runned smooth
i think its your os...maybe you should ask them about that problem

iam1337
03-17-2009, 01:30 AM
not sure what OS it is, i bought it from *out system and he set it up.

I think it may be ubuntu????

KFlint, what are your settings for the disk cache?

RedRansom
03-17-2009, 06:15 AM
maybe you need to limit your download speed? I used L as well... It's OK with upload rate(11.2MB/s) but i cant say same thing with download cuz i dont remember any moment without crash when i pass over 5MB/s and if you're seeing something about disk overload at your clinet(utorrent at the bottom of down side) pplush259 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/pplush259-209739)'s setting looking pretty good...

iam1337
03-17-2009, 06:19 AM
yeah even with his settings....when it goes over like 6 mb/s....i will get that error?
are you saying thats normal? thats really bad..

redguard
03-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Well, I have a L from outy's but I don't get nor a disk overload, nor an error when downloading.

The point is that when it finishes out a piece, it has to do a hascheck to see if it corresponds to the hash value from the .torrent file, thus consuming both CPU and reads the disk. Disk caching basically reduces the last step.

What I've done is set in the advanced options of µTorrent net.low_cpu to true, thus decreasing that CPU consumption. It still takes the load to high 3's.

And lastly I've set the cache to 256 MB and deselected 'write out finished pieces immediately'.

When it uploads data, it doesn't check anything, that's the responsability of the client that gets that data, so it shouldn't be a load on the CPU.

From my tests done in the field, I've seen that setting download speed to about 6 MB/s keeps the load lower and leaves space for uploading also. Downloading at 11MB/s reduces upload to about 500 - 1024KB/s because the processor is swamped with hash routines.

Whoever has a XL from Kimsufi should detail us how it works with a 3 Ghz processor. Or 2.8Ghz. I have no idea what is now the higher option [outy's and kimsufi's site show different things now, most likely K changed their server offer].

Pillhead
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
I also get this but only on very fast downloads, uploads are fine.

I get it even more with newsgroups as the download rate is sustained.

I just used alt.binz to get pass this, as it downloads to temp it then makes the files after its finished

I just limited the download and set the cache to 256 as mentioned.