PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Contribute ?

F-Sicx
03-20-2009, 05:27 PM
now you all must have heard the names of the two private music trackers that are ruling the field these days...

one thing that i hear alot about these two trackers is that ''seeding is hard in them''

well, thats pretty much true but wait a second...i remember i once read in their forums : can't you really download what you want from some other place if you dont have a good Ratio?

i have a suggestion to make in here...but first a kuestion : what makes these two trackers what they are?
the answer is : they are growing all the time.

so what can we do to participate in this growth? here is my suggestion : UPLOAD what you think is not on the website and participate in the community...its not all about leeching sometimes...UPLOAD for the sake of the websites because they are worth it.

tippertime
03-20-2009, 09:41 PM
or just go to the top 10 section and download that stuff to a seedbox and just let it ride....

lostdemon
03-20-2009, 11:55 PM
or just go to the top 10 section and download that stuff to a seedbox and just let it ride....

Not everyone uses a seedbox

tippertime
03-21-2009, 12:45 AM
you can get a small box with about 10gigs of space and 1000/1000 speed for only about $7 a month, perfect for music sites...that price alone is worth not having to go though the hassle of creating multiple torrents

Sonnentier
03-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Contributing is good, but you should also have some experience and good sources so others will profit from it.

F-Sicx
03-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Contributing is good, but you should also have some experience and good sources so others will profit from it.

yeah...totally..

susiserken
03-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Easist way of getting a decent ratio on both sites is to upload your own albums or grab popular stuff and just let it seed :lol:

TP635
03-21-2009, 03:56 PM
No matter what, most of the torrents are are hardly alive;no one with with less than a good buffer would even think of dling anything other than when there is freeleech.

Tomtetrollet
03-21-2009, 08:02 PM
No matter what, most of the torrents are are hardly alive;no one with with less than a good buffer would even think of dling anything other than when there is freeleech.

I'm seeding about 300 torrents at what, at least 1 of those 300 is active all the time. It isn't that hard to keep up a good ratio.

whiteboy
03-21-2009, 11:00 PM

I'm seeding about 300 torrents at what, at least 1 of those 300 is active all the time. It isn't that hard to keep up a good ratio.
I just cant handle having that much stuff in utorrent, bothers me.

redMonster
03-22-2009, 05:51 AM
Why does it bother you? You can give labels to torrents according to tracker if it becomes too crowdy for you. Many people seed over 1000 torrents to get a good ratio at what and just 300 bothers you. There is no way you can keep a good ratio if you are not willing to seed a lot of torrents. The only other sureshot way is to upload torrents.

ironmaniac
03-22-2009, 05:51 AM

that's a lot...you have more torrents than some private trackers...lol

horiZen
03-22-2009, 12:36 PM
the real dilema is when you have small community tracker that has consistently small swarm of peers and most of them running boxes 100MB-1GB even having a box does'nt seem to help cause 80% swarm are running boxes,,i'm starting to think about donating as even with a server its almost impossible to get buffer on "some" sites

F-Sicx
03-22-2009, 02:02 PM

yeah man...thats wussup...seeding your torrent FOREVER

The_Martinator
03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
I sometimes upload stuff. I have some rare movies from my ''mininova days'' on my HDD that aren't on most trackers (KG has 99,9% of them, though).

As for why others don't, there are many teens in the BT world right now, who don't know how to or just plain don't have anything to offer. Of course there are also those who are just buffering their accounts (I have 1337 ratio proofs, hell yeah!!).

When I give away an invite I get tons of 1TB TL ratios. When I ask for a profile link, I usually get one. Here's the deal, how much HD movies can you watch in a few months. Cause 500 gigs (that's how much upload they usually have) is more than 100 720p movies....
There are other ways of contributing than having a TB f upload. Take PTN's gold system for instance.

harshytkage
03-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Look, the best way to get a ratio on waffles/what, is to upload your own stuff and keep em running for days, by luck i have a bunch of old classics lying around and they get eaten up quickly ;)

03-23-2009, 06:22 PM
just wait till freeleech and seed like a mo'fucker , or top10 and put them on your box

susiserken
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
The top 10 stuff is often heavily overseeded tho wich makes it harder to seed for users without seedboxes or good connections.

03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
all the people who bitch about shitty home connections and no seedbox need to pull there thumb out there ass and realise without a seedbox/decent connection your just not gonna survive at some sites and that a seedbox aint that expensive

its just not gonna happen

sear
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
That's bullshit. You don't need a seed box to have a decent ratio or even a buffer at any site...even free leach isn't needed imo though it helps. I have fine buffers at all the trackers I've ever used and I have a shitty upload speed.

Chewie
03-24-2009, 12:01 AM
all the people who bitch about shitty home connections and no seedbox need to pull there thumb out there ass and realise without a seedbox/decent connection your just not gonna survive at some sites and that a seedbox aint that expensive

its just not gonna happen
All the tweenies with seedboxes oughta pull their thumbs out of their arses and get with usenet.

Shit, that ain't gonna happen; it's too complicated.