PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise

foot loose
09-20-2003, 10:32 PM
ive just finished watchin enterprise 3x1/2, i like all da startrek episodes ie ds9 next generation etc..... when i started 2 watch enterprise i liked da first season and half of da second.
the thing is it seems to me dat da story lines r just da same as in 4 example voyager when thery were trapped in some sort of void and they had no warp drive and weapons were off line, some alines who were also in da void boarded them and stole there food and other stuff and cap janeway tryed 2 get her stuff back. now enterprise 3x2 is just da same (lost in exspanse no power aliens come steal stuff archer gets it back). :angry: and every 5 eposoids i watch at lease 3 of them r boaring :angry:

Gre1
09-20-2003, 10:37 PM
No, not at all, Star Trek has always been boring since I was little I would never think of watching a episode of Star Trek.

RGX
09-20-2003, 10:37 PM
On paper it sounded ok, but no one wants a star trek where they know how everything works yet the people in the program dont

I also feel a lot of the storylines were very weak and "in-ship" based, ie "virus hits, everyone believes they are fish" etc rather than discovery of species and and intergalactic wars

I agree, most of the time its fecking boring

foot loose
09-20-2003, 10:43 PM
they need new idears, they just seem 2 b usein old 1s and recyclin dem :(

MadDog-2000
09-20-2003, 11:49 PM
I have to agree on some issues. They are really running out of good ideas for the series. Some are quite original but other seem like... "havn't I seen that before"?

junkyardking
09-21-2003, 12:47 AM
The only thing driving them is money, when next generation was nearing the end they had Ds9(which wasnt that bad but they did rush it at the end), voyager( was ok but ran out of ideas), now they've got Enterprise which has alot of the same story lines, just trying to squeze every cent out of Star trek.

Guillaume
09-21-2003, 12:51 AM
All Trek fans must face the truth: Star Trek ended with DS9's last episode! :(

The King
09-21-2003, 02:44 AM
I think that the new series is okay. I wouldn't even thinl about watchin the old ones :blink:

sirhumpalot1996
09-21-2003, 04:27 AM
what the hell you talking about i think enterprise is the most real looking episode of all the star trek shows it might have some boring episodes from time to time but it is good over all

cpt_azad
09-21-2003, 04:46 AM
VOYAGER IS AND ALWAYS WAS THE BEST!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D , enterprise sucks ass, the episodes don't make sense, and there is virtually no action, imho that is. well, voyager wasn't the best actually, the best would have to be the original starring none other then good ol' william shatner. so, imo, voyager was second to the original. oh, and b4 i forget, nice avatar sirhumpalot1996 :lol: .

Turd Ferguson
09-21-2003, 05:12 AM
Next Generation is the best, then Voyager and Enterprise. DS9 is pretty crap, and I've probably only seen 2 or 3 of the original series.

oh, and b4 i forget, nice avatar sirhumpalot1996
Agreed. :D

3RA1N1AC
09-21-2003, 06:52 AM
the star trek formula:

federation ship visits a new world.

federation higher-ups tell the crew to not interfere with the alien culture.

a federation member or federation ally interferes with the alien culture.

inter-species romantic subplot is optional at this point.

the enterprise/voyager/whatever gets hit by photon torpedoes.

sparks shoot out of the computers and nameless ensigns go flying over the guard rail, into the bridge area.

the crew of the enterprise/voyager/whatever have to leap into action & save the day.

the end. it's the same damned story, every time!

foot loose
09-21-2003, 10:18 AM
i have noticed dat they dont use da universal translator any more like they did in da first season, and all of a sudden all aliens speak perfect english :blink:

wat happened

RGX
09-21-2003, 12:52 PM
I agree about voyager, man it ruled

Alucard1475
09-21-2003, 01:37 PM
Yes I like it, watch it often..

Somebody1234
09-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by foot loose@21 September 2003 - 05:18
i have noticed dat they dont use da universal translator any more like they did in da first season, and all of a sudden all aliens speak perfect english :blink:

wat happened
I guess the aliens learned to speak english. :blink:

zinc1
09-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Well it is the universal language what do you expect

foot loose
09-21-2003, 04:22 PM
:D

razorshade2071
09-24-2003, 05:24 PM
star trek original series was pretty lame, but first of its kind back then, but the acting was really lame.
Star trek: TNG was and is the only true good series. Voyager was a joke, anyone dumb enough to put a chick in command is probably the writer of enterprise :lol: :lol:. The quatum leap guy is a total homo.

puk:))
09-24-2003, 05:45 PM
startreks such a massive pile of arse that i cant even bring myself to post a insult.......... .............................. ......... doh!

Busyman
09-24-2003, 07:19 PM
I can't believe Star Trek keeps going on while a show like Babylon 5 gets canceled.

fr600
09-25-2003, 12:33 AM
But I don't like it...

fr600
09-25-2003, 12:34 AM
It isn't that bad anyway...

The Horror fanatic
09-25-2003, 01:01 AM
i have never liked star trek full stop. although the original old series was a little lame it better than these constant spin offs all the time. scott bakula who is in enterprise was at his best in quantum leap. now that was a good program.

CoreDestruxion
09-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Babylon 5 a good show, im glad they got rid of the first captain, and replaced him with sheriden hes a better acting and he is just better. The first guy was like, oh uh im like mad now fear me. While with sheridan you can tell if you got him mad, you were gonna get your ass kicked.

Nesseight
09-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Babalon 5 was the most non-futuristic future show that I have ever seen, was it supposed to be about a secret weapon from WW2 or something?

Star Trek is alright... when they are focusing several episodes on a decent plot... but I do get annoyed when predictible crap happens like "We are taking an away team to the surface, Ensign Kenny, you are with me." Then you ask yourself "WHO THE **** IS ENSIGN KENNY? Ah, he must be die..."

2 minutes later "OMG... OMG... THEY KILLED ENSIGN KENNY!"

The original series would be much better if Kirk was shot dead immediatly in the first episode and the ship became property of Worf.

uNz[i]
09-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Has anybody else noticed that if a subordinate was wearing a red tunic, and he went on an away mission with Kirk, he would always get killed? :lol:

CoreDestruxion
09-25-2003, 09:28 AM
i didnt know that justsomeguy. Ill have to watch for it.

uNz[i]
09-25-2003, 10:11 AM
I watched a "Star Trek - the Original" marathon a few months ago on cable. It became pretty obvious who was going to get fragged after just a few away missions. :rolleyes:

I think the only person who got away with wearing red on the Enterprise and not getting at least injured was Scotty the chief engineer... but, then he did get beaten up a lot!

CoreDestruxion
09-25-2003, 10:17 AM
HaHaHaHaHaHa thats is too funny.

Nesseight
09-26-2003, 12:09 AM
All Scotty did was bitch about how the ship was about to blow up if it didn't get more power. When did he ever get beat up besides when it went to warp and he flew into the wall... wait that was Lord Helmet...

The Horror fanatic
09-26-2003, 03:21 AM
yes that was lord helmet in spaceballs. i can remeber william shatner in T.J.HOOKER, with adrian zmed and heather locklear. Scott bakula though willnever be any better than he was in the great quantum leap. it is about time the star trek franchise stopped, there has been way too much off it. 80 to 90 percent of it is just the damn same with just different name to it, or characters.

brygdom
09-26-2003, 09:04 AM
I can't believe Star Trek keeps going on while a show like Babylon 5 gets canceled.

B5 was made to be only 5 seasons long.
It was all about storyline.
The spin-off did need work. At least they had the decency to close the series off after 14 episodes.

Busyman
09-26-2003, 11:48 AM
I still wanted to find out more about the Apocalypse Box on Crusade.

D!mensio_x
09-26-2003, 11:53 AM
:ph34r: Well, I liked the old series. The ones with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock, aswell as the movies. The next generation is quite good also, but all the other things like Voyager and Deep Space 9 are sooo bad. I really don't like them. It was time to quit the whole show after the next generation and not to make so many spin-off's.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

Embracer Of Darkness
09-26-2003, 05:53 PM
I have mixed feelings on 'Enterprise'. Firstly, the continuity sucks, and it has assraped the original series. However, I must say, I've been pretty impressed with the third series so far, especially with the new MACOs team and Archer's extreme character change to a psychopath.

This Xindi story-arc could do alot for the series, although it could also ruin it.
We'll have to wait and see.

Turd Ferguson
09-27-2003, 03:05 PM
I never understood the reasoning behind having an away mission made up of three of the highest ranking people on the ship, and one anonymous ensign.

Its pretty funny when this happens, because you know that the no-name guy will get killed for sure. :lol:

You think after all those series that whenever they're organising these missions that they'd have a hard time finding ensigns to go along.

Snee
09-27-2003, 03:13 PM
I've found the show works better if you don't analyse too hard, besides it does have it's points.

And also, I'm prepared to overlook a lot of discrepancies for Jolene Blalock!

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/ladies/jolene_blalock6.jpg

Turd Ferguson
09-27-2003, 03:27 PM
One thing that I have noticed about "Enterprise" is that it seems to have more alien-love than the other series. Much like the original series where Kirk would get it on with anything female, the guys in Enterprise all seem to be horny little bastards.

Not suprising really, looking at the picture above. :P

Snee
09-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Those dudes don't seem too scared of trying new things, that's for sure!

Busyman
09-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Tucker got pregnant by an alien for god's sake :blink:

AND HE'S A GUY (he got nipples all over his body) :lol:

sirhumpalot1996
09-27-2003, 07:45 PM
i look at it this way if you don t like it don t watch it and leave it to the people like us who loves enterprise beside if you pick over anything you will find faults in any movie or tv shows

Gre1
09-27-2003, 07:47 PM
This topic is still up? :huh:

Busyman
09-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by sirhumpalot1996@27 September 2003 - 19:45
i look at it this way if you don t like it don t watch it and leave it to the people like us who loves enterprise beside if you pick over anything you will find faults in any movie or tv shows
Who the hell are you talking to? I watch the show every week.

foot loose
09-27-2003, 08:53 PM
couse it is it shows u how many people like/dislike enterprise ;)

foot loose
09-30-2003, 11:50 PM
mmmmmm