PDA

View Full Version : If Weve Just Helped Steal Iraqs Oil,

TheDave
09-20-2003, 10:59 PM
:blink: WTF. shouldnt it be cheaper now?

Billy_Dean
09-21-2003, 08:51 AM
They didn't steal it for us, they're not Robin Hoods, they stole it for themselves!

:)

hobbes
09-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@21 September 2003 - 09:51
They didn't steal it for us, they're not Robin Hoods, they stole it for themselves!

:)
Moved from Funny Stuff in reply to someone who thought the US was looting oil.

Hah! That is funny.

Don't you see how silly that is. Bush and his cronies run the domestic oil business and with this conflict in Iraq gas prices are sky high. Domestic companies are making tons of money by using the Iraq situation to pretend that there is an oil crisis. Just keep raising the price of oil.

Influx of cheap foreign oil from a reformed democratic Iraq would plummet oil prices and this would be bad for domestic oil companies. So until Bush is voted out of office in November, chaos will reign in Iraq and cash registers will ring in Texas.

This is when I get cynical, I don't like the cynical me.

bigboab
09-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Rubish! cheap foreign oil is more profit.

hobbes
09-23-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@22 September 2003 - 04:01
Rubish! cheap foreign oil is more profit.
Actually cheap foreign oil has wreacked havoc on a domestic industry bloated and happy on short supply and high prices. Last time new resources opened up with cheaper prices, many Louisana and Texas oil companies went bankrupt. All those oil derricks sitting motionless in the fields, as it was too expensive to pump the oil for the market price.

If our government steals it and gives it equally to our domestic counterparts, sure it will be cheaper, but I think someone would have reported that by now.

Having a foreign government (assuming Iraq can assemble one) supply oil at a cheap price will do nothing but cause tremendous loss in profit to domestic companies.