PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Creditors

asmithz
03-23-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't know if anyone remembers but awhile back I was trying to pay off my debt. I had a $900 Credit card that went into debt, that I did not pay off. 3 years later the debt went from $900 to $2300 (interest). About that time I called to try and get it fixed. I called them and they said they would settle for $900 or $88 for 2 years. I did not have the $900 so I went with $88 for 2 years.

SO more then 7 months later I called them because now I have money. I asked them if we can settle for the rest that I owe. According to them they have not received a payment from me since January. That our agreement for $88 a month for 2 years was void. I was mad but what ever, I want to settle, so I asked how much would they settle for now.

They said $1300!!!! So I asked how much have I paid you guys so far? $700. $700 later and I have to pay more? Yes you haven't paid $88 in two months and there has been interest. So I asked how much is the debt now? She said $1700.

These people are assholes. How can they offer $900 over 7 months ago, and after $700 worth of payments offer $1300 and deny ever offering $900!!! :angry:

This debt collector is called Unifund btw

Squeamous
03-23-2009, 04:54 PM
You didn't pay it off for basically almost 4 years. Be grateful they don't want to repossess your soul and give them the money. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson in life. And well done btw for being a man and finally facing up to your responsibilities.

asmithz
03-23-2009, 04:58 PM
If I was grateful I'd also be a sucker

Barbarossa
03-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Why do people feel the need to come here and whine about their shitty lives? :dabs:

asmithz
03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
sorry i bothered you

I was more looking for advice, but I see that nice people don't come to FST anymore. Just a bunch of assholes.

BTW my life is great. I just don't like creditors.

Squeamous
03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Why do people feel the need to come here and whine about their shitty lives? :dabs:

Yeah, I hate it when people do that.

:unsure:

Squeamous
03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Btw....is that you in your avatar?

Skiz
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately you got suckered into a creditors favorite scam. They settle on a number and then renig latter. :dabs:

You should never make a single payment to a creditor with regard to a settlement without getting the final settlement amount in writing first.

Try to talk them down as much as possible on the remaining balance. Once a number is agreed to, tell them you'll make the first payment or total payment immediately after receiving written confirmation of the total settlement. I'd try to get them down to the remaining $200.

Something Else
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
You were financially irresponsible and you had to pay the price. Cleary the bank had the right to accrue a free. Frankly, I don't see what your problem is. :schnauz:

Skiz
03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
The bank isn't collecting anything. It's a creditor.

Something Else
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I was just quoting Louis.C.K. Gimmie a break. :emo:

Skiz
03-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Ah, I 'member that. :lol:

Rat Faced
03-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately you got suckered into a creditors favorite scam. They settle on a number and then renig latter. :dabs:

You should never make a single payment to a creditor with regard to a settlement without getting the final settlement amount in writing first.

Try to talk them down as much as possible on the remaining balance. Once a number is agreed to, tell them you'll make the first payment or total payment immediately after receiving written confirmation of the total settlement. I'd try to get them down to the remaining $200.

Depending upon Local Statute, even this may not be enough and they can still go back on the Agreement.

Best to get SOMEONE ELSE to "buy" the debt at the settlement figure, with everything in writing. That way the settlement is a seperate contract with another party, and as such enforcable.

Give the money to your Dad or sth to settle for you.

Squeamous
03-24-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm sure they can renege on a deal if the debtor forgets to pay for a couple of months :rolleyes:.

start
03-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I hate to be an asshole but you said, "I had a $900 credit card that went into debt, that I did not pay off 3 years". However, they agreed to waiver the fees/interest and have you pay $900 straight up. You couldn't afford that till 7 months later. When you did have the money, more than 3 years of the original debt, they said $1300 which seems fair considering it took you so long to pay up plus interest.

Also, when they said you missed payments, do you have records of actually paying them $88 monthly? If so, dispute that, otherwise stop complaining. They gave you so many breaks. Next time, pay your bills on time.

I hope you learned your lesson to not charge stuff you CAN'T afford. You should use a credit card when you don't have the cash on you but CAN afford it.

Alien5
03-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I hate to be an asshole but your an asshole

GWashington
03-24-2009, 01:28 PM
It seems that by not paying for 2 months, you have defaulted on the contract and I'm sure this standard contract of adhesion provides for them to penalize and/or accelerate payment. In layman's terms: they've got you over a barrel because of the missed payments.

I feel your complaints though. These debt collection agencies are a real barnacle. Unifund is not the worst but they are pretty bad http://cincinnati.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=77&bbb=0292&firm=6002615

pentomato
03-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Try to negotiate with them, I am sure if you talk to a manager you may get a good deal, but remember if you own now $2000, and you settle for let's say 700, then you have to tell the IRS, they will find you and the 1300 is counted as income, so watch out.

KFlint
03-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I hate to be an asshole but you said, "I had a $900 credit card that went into debt, that I did not pay off 3 years". However, they agreed to waiver the fees/interest and have you pay $900 straight up. You couldn't afford that till 7 months later. When you did have the money, more than 3 years of the original debt, they said $1300 which seems fair considering it took you so long to pay up plus interest.

Also, when they said you missed payments, do you have records of actually paying them $88 monthly? If so, dispute that, otherwise stop complaining. They gave you so many breaks. Next time, pay your bills on time.

I hope you learned your lesson to not charge stuff you CAN'T afford. You should use a credit card when you don't have the cash on you but CAN afford it.

I thought only parents had the right to be that much moralizing :dry:

start
03-24-2009, 06:48 PM

I'm tired of people playing victim and not taking responsibility.

JPaul
03-24-2009, 07:06 PM
It's amazing here, the number of financial experts is quite extraordinary.

Even more so for a BT trading site.

Rat Faced
03-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Lighten up.

Everyone fucks up occasionally, none of us are perfect except JP

Edit:

JPaul, as always, you have perfect timing :unsure:

Post edited to show so.

pentomato
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM

Let's see when banks start taking responsability and stop giving credit cards to people that can't afford them.

JPaul
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM

Let's see when banks start taking responsability and stop giving credit cards to people that can't afford them.

Yeah it's the banks fault that people spend money they can't afford on credit cards they can't service.

Skweeky
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM

Yeah it's the banks fault that people spend money they can't afford on credit cards they can't service.

To be honest mate, a lot of people get suckered into it, let's be fair. I worked in the industry for a while and it's not pretty what goes on there.

And I agree with squeams; take it as a valuable, yet painful lesson and cut your losses as much as you can. Little hint: Most creditors allow their employees to negotiate their own settlement figures, and most of these employees work towards a commission. If you phone a company at the end of the month you are more likely to get someone who already hit his or her target and will be more lenient. Also, don't be afraid to phone in several times and speak to different people until you get an agreement out of them. Three quarters of the time the person you spoke to previously won't have logged the exact details of the conversation anyway.

Good luck with it.

JPaul
03-24-2009, 09:34 PM

To be honest mate, a lot of people get suckered into it, let's be fair. I worked in the industry for a while and it's not pretty what goes on there.

I think that's an abrogation of personal responsibility. People buy shit they don't need and can't afford then it's someone else's fault they did it and can't afford to service the debt.

Rat Faced
03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Not everyone is "responsible".

Common Sense is by no means that common.

Alien5
03-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Credit: You only need to google "shopping catalogs" to see the amount of links from company's pissing their pants in anticipation of making another poor person bankrupt, cunts.

pentomato
03-24-2009, 10:03 PM

Yes it is, why would a bank give anyone a credit card with $20000, if they don't even make $15000 a year? They just don't care, that's why some people are loosing their houses, most people could never afford them and the banks would tell people instead of writing down you make $1000 a month, lets put that you make $3000. They do it with car loans too.
It is about personal responsability, but banks too, they just prey on people's needs, most people would never be able to have a good car or a house without credit, banks just take advantage and after a while the interest from 8 per cent goes to 24 or more.

chalice
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM

Yes it is, why would a bank give anyone a credit card with $20000, if they don't even make $15000 a year? They just don't care, that's why some people are loosing their houses, most people could never afford them and the banks would tell people instead of writing down you make $1000 a month, lets put that you make $3000. They do it with car loans too.
It is about personal responsability, but banks too, they just prey on people's needs, most people would never be able to have a good car or a house without credit, banks just take advantage and after a while the interest from 8 per cent goes to 24 or more.

So, either,

A. You've had a brain transplant.

B. You've discovered the wondrous and aesthetic benefits of spellcheck.

C. They've found a cure for spastics.

D. Your mum is posting for you now.

E. Your account has been hacked to the max.

Whichever it is, doesn't it feel better to make a coherent post for once?

Well done.

pentomato
03-24-2009, 10:13 PM

So, either,

Well done.

:huh:

Skweeky
03-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Not everyone is "responsible".

Common Sense is by no means that common.

Exactly. Not everyone is born with the gift of intelligence and there are people out there who think that 'if the bank decided to give me credit, surely it must be ok'

I have seen banks giving credit cards with a 10K limit to people on a 15K income. That's the equivalent of giving a baby a pair of scissors to play with.

tesco
03-24-2009, 10:20 PM

So, either,

Well done.
Well that was...nice...of you, I think.:blink:

JPaul
03-24-2009, 10:22 PM

It's not about people's needs, it's about their wants. People want nice stuff they rarely need it. They get the credit card because they want stuff and don't think ahead, that's not the banks fault.

Re the interest part, that's just talking pish. Anyone who buys a car or a house with a credit card is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't have a fixed rate of interest on a car loan is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't arrange a fixed mortgage term is an idiot.

None of that is the bank's fault, it's people blaming the bank because of their own greed and stupidity.

chalice
03-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I was just astounded that he wrote something I could understand which didn't insult anyone.

A few schoolboy errors, but they were forgivable, like.

It all hinges on his next post. It could go either way. A bit like him, actually. :naughty:

pentomato
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
I was just astounded that he wrote something I could understand which didn't insult anyone.

It all hinges on his next post. It could go either way. A bit like him, actually. :naughty:

Shut up already

JPaul
03-24-2009, 10:42 PM
And then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid ...

chalice
03-24-2009, 10:43 PM

Shut up already

Now, you and I know I'm not going to shut up, don't we?

pentomato
03-24-2009, 10:44 PM

It's not about people's needs, it's about their wants. People want nice stuff they rarely need it. They get the credit card because they want stuff and don't think ahead, that's not the banks fault.

Re the interest part, that's just talking pish. Anyone who buys a car or a house with a credit card is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't have a fixed rate of interest on a car loan is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't arrange a fixed mortgage term is an idiot.

None of that is the bank's fault, it's people blaming the bank because of their own greed and stupidity.

But you need a credit card for everything these days, you have to go in an emergency trip anywhere, and the only way to buy a ticket is on the internet with a credit card, and if you don't have the money you are screw.
I wasn't talking about buying a house on a credit card, credit is credit and it is not stupid that people want to own a house or a car.
Fix rates? Of course when you have a clue about it, but the majority of people don't, not everybody is as smart as you.
Let me put it the way you may understand, when a bank for their benefit, lies and gives you a loan or a credit card that you can't afford, yes it is the banks fault.

pentomato
03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Shut up already

Now, you and I know I'm not going to shut up, don't we?

Yes we do know that.
:frusty:

JPaul
03-24-2009, 10:51 PM

But you need a credit card for everything these days, you have to go in an emergency trip anywhere, and the only way to buy a ticket is on the internet with a credit card, and if you don't have the money you are screw.
I wasn't talking about buying a house on a credit card, credit is credit and it is not stupid that people want to own a house or a car.
Fix rates? Of course when you have a clue about it, but the mojority of people don't, not everybody is as smart as you.
Let me put it the way you may understand, when a bank for their benefit, lies and gives you a loan or a credit card that you can't afford, yes it is the banks fault.

There's so much nonsense in their it beggars belief.

chalice
03-24-2009, 11:00 PM

Fix rates? Of course when you have a clue about it, but the majority of people don't, not everybody is as smart as you.

Uh oh! Back to spastic mode, I see.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Silly me for giving you the benefit of the doubt. :noes:

pentomato
03-24-2009, 11:39 PM

I am so stupid it must be the Irish in me.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day but I am stupid.
I am going to shut my fucking spastic mouth forever.
Silly me for been in love with a dog. Chalice said :noes:

Fixed

chalice
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Ah, so you're racist as well as retarded?

Fair enough.

/reported.

chalice
03-24-2009, 11:48 PM
While we're on the subject, let's hear what else you've got to say about the Irish, pentomato.

Get it all out. I can take it.

Alien5
03-24-2009, 11:50 PM
:eat:

MackDaddy
03-25-2009, 12:00 AM

Fair enough.

/reported.

I like to think that most things are like mental judo, but you are going around reporting people like a hall monitor

chalice
03-25-2009, 12:03 AM

Fair enough.

/reported.

I like to think that most things are like mental judo, but you are going around reporting people like a hall monitor

Well, in that case, I mental-judo'd the fuck out of you cos I didn't report anybody.

chalice
03-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Aww, she ran away. No brains, no hope of intelligent response, no fucking anything.

Wot a sad cunt.

As fucking usual.

There's always tomorrow. :smilie4:

Rat Faced
03-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Anyone who doesn't arrange a fixed mortgage term is an idiot.

I disagree.

As does just about everyone on a Fixed Rate Mortgage at the moment.

I am so glad I went for the Lifetime Tracker :snooty:

Capped Rate and Offset are also good bets. (Woolwich are doing a 25 year Capped Rate at 3.49% at the moment)

Only an idiot will pay a Fee that takes any savings he'll make by the Mortgage Rate going up for a couple of years, and doesn't benefit at all from Mortages Rates going down :P

pentomato
03-25-2009, 08:54 AM

Fair enough.

/reported.

Racist me? Are you black? Funny playing the racist card, but I was refering just to you, not every idiot in Ireland, just you.

pentomato
03-25-2009, 08:57 AM
While we're on the subject, let's hear what else you've got to say about the Irish, pentomato.

I don't have nothing good or bad to say about the Irish, but about you, nahhhh I woulnd't want you to cry like a girl that you are, you narcisist idiot, I think the english craping in your backyard and you eating it, has to do a lot with your retardness.

chalice
03-25-2009, 09:32 AM

I don't have nothing good or bad to say about the Irish, but about you, nahhhh I woulnd't want you to cry like a girl that you are, you narcisist idiot, I think the english craping in your backyard and you eating it, has to do a lot with your retardness.

You clearly have something to say about the Irish or you wouldn't say they were stupid, which you clearly did.

If you wanted to call me stupid, you could have done just that. But you didn't, you called the whole country stupid.

Now, whether or not you know it, you're a fucking racist. A fucking stupid one at that. Now you're saying that the Irish eat English shit. If that's not racist, I don't know what the fuck is.

You don't have to apologise to me, I've been called worse than stupid but you really should apologise to the country if you wish to retain even a minuscule amount of dignity. You should maybe apologise to the English while you're at it, like.

You stupid fucking racist cunt. :smilie4:

Barbarossa
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM

I wish I was an idiot :pinch:

I took the advice of the time and arranged a fixed rate mortgage term last september. Now I'm still paying 5%+ while everyone else who stayed at the variable rate or got a base rate tracker is now paying hundreds of pounds less than they were. :emo:

I also got fixed rate energy tariff too last summer, as advised, and now all their rates are going down now too. Great. :emo:

Yep, Too clever for my own good, me :pinch:

Still, I've got a £15k credit limit on my card even though I never usually spend more than £100 a month, and I always pay off the balance EVERY month, so I mustn't grumble I suppose. The only debt I have is the mortgage, and I'm also paying into a personal pension fund for my retirement.

What's the betting that comes back to bite me in the arse too. :(

pentomato
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM

I wish I was an idiot :pinch:

I took the advice of the time and arranged a fixed rate mortgage term last september. Now I'm still paying 5%+ while everyone else who stayed at the variable rate or got a base rate tracker is now paying hundreds of pounds less than they were. :emo:

I also got fixed rate energy tariff too last summer, as advised, and now all their rates are going down now too. Great. :emo:

Yep, Too clever for my own good, me :pinch:

Still, I've got a £15k credit limit on my card even though I never usually spend more than £100 a month, and I always pay off the balance EVERY month, so I mustn't grumble I suppose. The only debt I have is the mortgage, and I'm also paying into a personal pension fund for my retirement.

What's the betting that comes back to bite me in the arse too. :(

But when the rates to go back to 8% or more you will on 5%, rates won't be that low for long, and energy it is going up again, wait and see, things won't be down for long, at the end you will better the way you are.

pentomato
03-25-2009, 10:25 AM

You clearly have something to say about the Irish or you wouldn't say they were stupid, which you clearly did.

If you wanted to call me stupid, you could have done just that. But you didn't, you called the whole country stupid.

Now, whether or not you know it, you're a fucking racist. A fucking stupid one at that. Now you're saying that the Irish eat English shit. If that's not racist, I don't know what the fuck is.

You don't have to apologise to me, I've been called worse than stupid but you really should apologise to the country if you wish to retain even a minuscule amount of dignity. You should maybe apologise to the English while you're at it, like.

So your credit card rate is?

chalice
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM

Thought so.

Thick as shite, racist and a coward too. You haven't even got the capacity to defend yourself. Not that you have any defence anyway.

I suppose that means I win. As usual. :happy:

Barbarossa
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
But when the rates to go back to 8% or more you will on 5%, rates won't be that low for long, and energy it is going up again, wait and see, things won't be down for long, at the end you will better the way you are.

But I'm only fixed at 5% until November 2010. It'll automatically switch back to variable just in time for the rates to go back up, or change to another fixed deal but probably not as low, or a tracker not as good as the tracker I could have had back in september :pinch: :pinch:

If I'd gone for a tracker I'd be paying like 1.5% or something now.

Epic Financial Fail :nono:

Snee
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
You gotta be pretty stupid to call other people stupid, when you're that stupid.

That's circular, that is.

Something about glass houses and rocks also comes to mind.

Squeamous
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I can see both sides of the personal responsibility argument. I tend to fall on the side of JP though, mainly because I'm one of those people who have no problem with managing my own life without the need for intervention. It's frustrating as fuck feeling like I'm supposed to spend my life not just tolerating other people, or respecting them on an equal level, but feeling sorry for them and empathising with them too. It seems the choice is either being a hard-hearted bitch or being a pussy. Instead I try to limit my empathy/sympathy reserves to those who really need it.....namely the top 50% of those on the need scale. For instance those without the basic amenities of life who can only dream of worrying how they're going to buy a train ticket online without a credit card.

MackDaddy
03-25-2009, 12:05 PM
I can see both sides of the personal responsibility argument. I tend to fall on the side of JP though, mainly because I'm one of those people who have no problem with managing my own life without the need for intervention. It's frustrating as fuck feeling like I'm supposed to spend my life not just tolerating other people, or respecting them on an equal level, but feeling sorry for them and empathising with them too. It seems the choice is either being a hard-hearted bitch or being a pussy. Instead I try to limit my empathy/sympathy reserves to those who really need it.....namely the top 50% of those on the need scale. For instance those without the basic amenities of life who can only dream of worrying how they're going to buy a train ticket online without a credit card.

I only have a very few friends, but they are extremely high quality and that is the way that I like it, just being only around people that actually care about me makes all of the difference, I noticed that good people are generous, dependable, and hard working

You seem like a genuine person Squeamous

Squeamous
03-25-2009, 12:14 PM
'I noticed that good people are generous, dependable, and hard working'

Never a truer word said. A person's word should be their bond.

Snee
03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I've noticed that blue things are blue.

I think you're a chatbot, though.

pentomato
03-25-2009, 02:00 PM

Thought so.

Thick as shite, racist and a coward too. You haven't even got the capacity to defend yourself. Not that you have any defence anyway.

I defend myself from important stuff in life, been in a forum a defending myself against you? Gosh you are not important at all, you are just an idiot somewhere in earth.
Yes you win, retards always win and if they don't win, you let them win, good boy...

chalice
03-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Thought so.

I defend myself from important stuff in life, been in a forum a defending myself against you? Gosh you are not important at all, you are just an idiot somewhere in earth.
Yes you win, retards always win and if they don't win, you let them win, good boy...

No, you can't defend yourself because you don't have the mental equipment to do so. You got yourself backed into a corner and your only recourse was to show your true colours as a racist. You let your little pointy hood slip and revealed yourself as the ignorant, intolerant idiot that your are.

Don't worry, I don't take any pleasure in the victory. I've seen fucking hamburgers put up a better fight than you.

So you can go back to pretending you're not a sad little racist again, you sad, sad child.

pentomato
03-25-2009, 02:35 PM

No, you can't defend yourself because you don't have the mental equipment to do so. You got yourself backed into a corner and your only recourse was to show your true colours as a racist. You let your little pointy hood slip and revealed yourself as the ignorant, intolerant idiot that your are.

Don't worry, I don't take any pleasure in the victory. I've seen fucking hamburgers put up a better fight than you.

So you can go back to pretending you're not a sad little racist again, you sad, sad child.

I am glad I made you cry little girl. You are an insignificant prick.
ahahahahaha, Intolerant? I am tolerating you idiotic excrement.
Do yourself a favor and make air castles or better go to the forest and talk to the trees, they may care about what you have to say stupid fuck.
The only racist here with a huge complex, believing that is better than anyone is you, just shut up already poor man.

Barbarossa
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
If you don't care about what he has to say then why did you reply?

I find this behaviour baffling, but it's amazing how often it happens. :dabs:

chalice
03-25-2009, 02:45 PM

I am glad I made you cry little girl. You are an insignificant prick.
ahahahahaha, Intolerant? I am tolerating you idiotic excrement.
Do yourself a favor and make air castles or better go to the forest and talk to the trees, they may care about what you have to say stupid fuck.
The only racist here with a huge complex, believing that is better than anyone is you, just shuy up already poor man.

All that bollocks doesn't make you any less of a racist, you know. You can try to deflect it all you like.

The only racist here with a huge complex, believing that is better than anyone is you, just shuy up already poor man.Do you even read what you post before you post it? That has to be up there with the most inept, mind-numbingly infantile 'sentences' (and I use that term very generously) I've ever read in my life. Are you really 44 years of age? You must've spent your school years in a fucking chicken coop and the rest of your sorry life in a home for the incurably stupid.

Seriously, I might just let my next door neighbour's pet hamster wind you up on the internet from now on. It would level the playing field at least.

Squeamous
03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.chinabagsdepot.com/pic/Handbags/Hobo-Handbags/M-AVERY-DESIGNS---SANDRA-HANDBAG-20460364356.jpg
http://www.rwandatourism.com/images/photos/akaDawn.jpg

chalice
03-25-2009, 03:16 PM
:lol:

That fucking mong would mistake the handbag for its dinner.

MackDaddy
03-25-2009, 03:43 PM

chalice, just name one thing that you have contributed to this forum that has to do with file sharing?

chalice
03-25-2009, 04:35 PM

chalice, just name one thing that you have contributed to this forum that has to do with file sharing?

Why? Is this a quiz? What will I win? Do you have a point?

If you're really that interested, my post history is there for all to see. Knock yourself out.

I've been on this forum for 6 years, you've been here for 5 minutes. Did you miss the part on the Lounge link where it says we can talk about anything we like in here? I suppose you must have. :01:

Barbarossa
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM

I haven't talked about file sharing here since about 2004.

Co-incidentally this is about the same time that all the tards joined. Go figure.

Spider_dude
03-25-2009, 05:42 PM
what's filesharing?

Snee
03-25-2009, 05:48 PM
That thing people do before they discover newsgroups.

JPaul
03-25-2009, 07:01 PM
That thing people do before they discover newsgroups.

I actually remember those days. True Story.

Albo Da Kid
03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
so now you pay to get content that you could get for free?

JPaul
03-25-2009, 07:09 PM
so now you pay to get content that you could get for free?

Who does.

Albo Da Kid
03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
who does what. you mean who gets free content or who pays for newsgroups?? I'll let pentamato make sense of this one.. He's the only one that can take a post completely out of context, throw in a couple of invalid miscalculations and a couple of haha's, and make sense of it his own way

JPaul
03-25-2009, 07:24 PM
who does what. you mean who gets free content or who pays for newsgroups?? I'll let pentamato make sense of this one.. He's the only one that can take a post completely out of context, throw in a couple of invalid miscalculations and a couple of haha's, and make sense of it his own way

I mean I don't pay for newsgroups, hence when you said "you" paid for it I asked who did.

Albo Da Kid
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
oh alright. i thought to use newsgroups you had to pay a small amount of money. 10 bucks a month or so

JPaul
03-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Apology accepted.

Albo Da Kid
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
..mind sharing a little light on how someone can download from a decent newsgroup server free of charge?

chalice
03-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Get an ISP that provides news server access, like. True story.

JPaul
03-25-2009, 07:43 PM

That's pretty much the secret.

Albo Da Kid
03-25-2009, 07:45 PM
ah.. my isp(optimum online)limits the download speed+traffic when it comes to it's news server

pentomato
03-25-2009, 08:07 PM

If you're really that interested, my post history is there for all to see. Knock yourself out.

I've been on this forum for 6 years, you've been here for 5 minutes. Did you miss the part on the Lounge link where it says we can talk about anything we like in here? I suppose you must have. :01:

You don't contribute to anything at all, the only thing you do here is to insult everyone, that is a sign of stupidity, a call for attention, sorry but your mom was the one that had to give it to you, not anyone here.
It is always about getting noticed with you, back off bro, if someone doesn't know how to spell or anything else, shut the hell up, live your life you misserable human being. You must be the idiot of your town, they should put you in a mental institution, the things you say, do not come from a normal person.

pentomato
03-25-2009, 08:08 PM

Finally some advice and not insulting, today you deserve a bisquet. Bravooooo

JPaul
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM

You don't contribute to anything at all, the only thing you do here is to insult everyone, that is a sign of stupidity, a call for attention, sorry but your mom was the one that had to give it to you, not anyone here.
It is always about getting noticed with you, back off bro, if someone doesn't know how to spell or anything else, shut the hell up, live your life you misserable human being. You must be the idiot of your town, they should put you in a mental institution, the things you say, do not come from a normal person.

You should really pick a post theme and stick with it, that's all over the place making you just come across as a mental.

chalice
03-25-2009, 08:33 PM

I've certainly got your attention, haven't I? Which is quite a feat, considering you've got the attention span of a fucking peanut, like.

Not knowing how to spell is no excuse for your idiocy. You could make yourself seem about 90 per cent less of a fuckwit if you'd just get a spellchecker for your browser. It might even improve your spelling while you're at it. Seriously, what harm can it do? It would significantly curtail my ammunition against you for a start, now wouldn't it?

I don't insult everyone. At the minute, it's mainly just you. I come here to have a laugh with people who I've known on this board for a long time. The fact that you don't find it funny is not something I particularly give two fucks about. You came here insulting people. The posts are all there. I'm merely responding in the same vein. And you'll find that I can keep that up ad nauseum (look it up). If you find the language and imagery I invoke offensive, then I'm obviously doing it right. :01:

The lounge is harsh. That's why it's good. People aren't limited or controlled and that suits me just fine. That's the way it has been for quite some years now. Like it or lump it.

And if I was your 'bro', you wouldn't be posting here. You'd be locked in the attic where you belong.

JPaul
03-25-2009, 08:36 PM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4956/reclq6.jpg

chalice
03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
:eyebrows:

Yep, you've captured his good side there alright. :smilie4:

Rat Faced
03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
The lounge is harsh. That's why it's good. People aren't limited or controlled and that suits me just fine. That's the way it has been for quite some years now. Like it or lump it.

To add..

This is the reason we also have the Drawing Room, so you can talk seriously about something too. It doesn't have to be politics etc in there, it can be about anything too.. but taken a little more seriously.

chalice my man... why should he apologise to the English? I missed the insult there, it looked like it was ALL aimed at the Irish.

Proper Bo
03-25-2009, 09:58 PM
for abusing our language, obviousment.

Rat Faced
03-25-2009, 10:09 PM

I doubt very much he could abuse our Language.. :unsure:

However, I agree he stretches English beyond the limits on occasion. :dry:

pentomato
03-25-2009, 10:16 PM

Who's language? :yahoo:

lamuller
03-25-2009, 11:41 PM

Honey, I am tired of working 40 hours straight, but I don't think english is your language any more.

Biggles
03-25-2009, 11:50 PM

Who's language? :yahoo:

Nice use of the abbreviation apostrophe there

Who said irony was a railing too far?

Biggles
03-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Regarding the original post I have some sympathy as the interest charges do seem a little excessive. Debt collection agencies are rarely pleasant and they do appear to work to a very loose code of conduct.

It goes without saying that credit cards are an expensive way to borrow money and should only ever be used for short term bridges in finance. Ideally pay the feckers off in full every month.

If you do land yourself in the crap the best thing to do is arrange to service the debt with the credit card company until you are in a position to pay them off. They will sting you for interest but nothing like as much as debt collection agency will if the credit card company factors your debt out.

JPaul
03-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm not listening to you ever since you called the contraction apostrophe an abbreviation apostrophe.

Biggles
03-26-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not listening to you ever since you called the contraction apostrophe an abbreviation apostrophe.

Fair point well presented.

Nevertheless I feel my financial advice was sound and in my defence I was stung by Bent Tomato's utter rejection of the very serviceable "whose"

JPaul
03-26-2009, 12:19 AM

Nevertheless I feel my financial advice was sound and in my defence I was stung by Bent Tomato's utter rejection of the very serviceable "whose"

Your financial advice was, as ever, sound as a pound. Everything else is mitigation, rather than defence.

Biggles
03-26-2009, 12:23 AM

Your financial advice was, as ever, sound as a pound. Everything else is mitigation, rather than defence.

Mitigation is my friend.

Squeamous
03-26-2009, 10:31 AM

Everyone else stopped listening ages ago :unsure:

Biggles
03-26-2009, 08:47 PM

Everyone else stopped listening ages ago :unsure:

:snooty: I heard that

JPaul
03-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Pardon

http://www.trashfiction.co.uk/tinniswood_stavely.jpg

Biggles
03-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Pardon

I fear few are going to get that - but it made me laugh.

Squeamous
03-27-2009, 07:45 AM
That looks like something that happened before I was born.

Skweeky
03-27-2009, 10:42 AM
That looks like something that happened before everyone except Les and JP were born. And possibly Kev.

Snee
03-27-2009, 05:31 PM
That looks like something that happened before everyone except Les and JP were born. And possibly Kev.

If so, J2 looks nothing like I imagined him.

JPaul
03-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Pardon

I fear few are going to get that - but it made me laugh.

Pearls before swine, old bean.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/uncle_mort/image34.jpg?t=1238182315

Skweeky
03-27-2009, 07:45 PM

If so, J2 looks nothing like I imagined him.

Add a handlebar moustache and I think we're there.