PDA

View Full Version : edit torrent file?

rhemux
03-25-2009, 12:19 AM
the torrent is Rome 2xAll - Season 2 Complete (720p 5.1 .mkv)
when uploaded to my seedbox it needs 21GB and my box only have a 7GB HDD

i want to edit the torrent so it only downloads one episode at a time (2GB per episode)

i tried working with BEncode Editor deleted the other episodes in files but it still requires 21GB

i use torrentflux and tried seleting 1 episode only but when i run the torrent it ask for 21GB

1000possibleclaws
03-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Do you mean when it's downloaded to your seedbox? Can you not uncheck whatever files you don't want (ie uncheck all but 1 episode) and download that way?

rhemux
03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
i upload the torrent to my box through torrentflux
when i put it to run in the files options i select only 1 episode and it still ask for the 21GB

H&K
03-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah i ran into this too. I think this is a problem with torrentflux itself and not your providers setup. I never did find a way to circumvent it.

b3owulf
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I think this will do the trick: put the *.torrent file in the client (uTorrent), but do not start the downloading! Then go to files tab and uncheck the files you don't want to download.

Rilly
03-26-2009, 04:34 PM
He's not using utorrent though.

I use torrentflux and don't have this problem.. it only downloads the files I select (it does download the folders though - so if a big pack, I get a bunch of empty folders).. and I BELIEVE.. it will still report the full size of the torrent even though you aren't downloading all of it (but might be wrong on that last point)