PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Question

jbrockz
09-21-2003, 02:27 AM
well, this may sound silly, but i'll risk it. i'd like to shrink wrap my keyboard. since i keep spilling a lot of things on it, it sounds like a good idea. of course, there are no heat issues involved with keyboards, so it sounds like a good idea. i'd just like to know from someone more experienced in computer stuff then me if there are reasons i should avoid this.

Somebody1234
09-21-2003, 02:32 AM
Yes, if you do that it will make it harder to type with that interference of the plastic.

Just clean your keyboard from time to time. And just replace it if it gets really messed up. Keyboards are really inexpensive.

james_bond_rulez
09-21-2003, 02:47 AM
you can shrink wrap your computer, i always have a piece of tissue on my mouse because my hands sweat when I play games and I dont want to get my mouse dirty and smelly.

you can use plastic wrap for food, wrap it around your keyboard and then use a hairblower to make it stick.

it'll be hard to use your keyboard at first but after a while it should be ok.

sparsely
09-21-2003, 02:52 AM
okay, well, after you melt a layer of plastic onto your keyboard and ruin it, when you go to replace it just search for
a Spill-proof keyboard. Memorex and others manufacture them, for about the same as a regular kybd.

Example (http://www.goelectronic.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GE&Product_Code=Memorex+3202-1433&Category_Code=6+KEYS-MICE)

james_bond_rulez
09-21-2003, 02:54 AM
no i didn't tell him to use the blower long enough to melt it you dummy :D

sparsely
09-21-2003, 02:56 AM
:lol:

jbrockz
09-21-2003, 03:15 AM
:lol:

thanks for the replies and the memorex info...i thought only microsoft made spill-proof ones and those are some frigging expensive keyboards. the mouse idea isn't a bad one either, except that i have a trackball. since this keyboard has been spilled over many times already, i guess i can try and shrink-wrap it and see if it can get comfy, while i find more info on the spill-proof ones.

DarthInsinuate
09-21-2003, 10:12 AM
you can buy flat keyboards, it's basically a sheet of plastic with letters on it - might not be very comfortable though

N£MO
09-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by jbrockz@21 September 2003 - 03:27
well, this may sound silly, but i'll risk it. i'd like to shrink wrap my keyboard. since i keep spilling a lot of things on it, it sounds like a good idea. of course, there are no heat issues involved with keyboards, so it sounds like a good idea. i'd just like to know from someone more experienced in computer stuff then me if there are reasons i should avoid this.
http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/products/product_tests/travel%20cups/babiesrus120.jpg

Just for you ;)

jbrockz
09-21-2003, 05:58 PM
lol..thanks nemo :lol:

darthinsinuate, i have had a brief experience with those...they are not comfy...i was always unsure about whether i was typing or not :unsure: :unsure: