PDA

View Full Version : Trading or selling?

alupizor
03-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I saw some people trading tracker accounts/invites for rapidshare accounts. I personally think that is the same as selling the account, which is far worse than trading.

What do you guys think? I mean, next thing you know, someone could ask for some amazon.com products shipped to him in order to invite the buyer to UKT.

1000possibleclaws
03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
What do you guys think? I mean, next thing you know, someone could ask for some amazon.com products shipped to him in order to invite the buyer to UKT.

Sure someone could, but whichever party went first would need to have a great deal of confidence that the other person would fulfill the agreement. You cannot possibly middleman that kind of trade.

Something Else
03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Any exchange for something that can be bought immediately is no different from selling.

FST Torrent shop.

Skiz
03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Any exchange for something that can be bought immediately is no different from selling.

Yes it is.

You see RS accounts traded all the time. Just because someone could buy a RS account doesn't mean that people are going to RS, buying an acct, logging in to FST to trade it. There are plenty of 8 month RS accts, etc which to me appear to be members who didn't like the service and now wish to trade it away.

And tbh, who really cares if someone buys an invite? It isn't like it puts a tracker at any greater of a risk than trading or simple giveaways. Either way the invite is not going to a known or trusted recipient. The fact that there may have been a monetary exchange is moot.

It's just one more thing for people to bitch and moan about. :dabs:

The_Martinator
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Imo invites are free, you don't have to give your inviter anything (money or otherwise).

In this case, I'd call it selling, cause you have to pay for the RS account. IMO

Like I said, it doesn't matter to me, cause trading isn't much better.

1000possibleclaws
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
^^continuing off Skizo's post

From a tracker's perspective users are profiteering off the site's hard work, which should obviously piss them off enough to hunt them down and ban them. I mean if anyone should be getting paid it should be them, right? From a user's perspective your point is absolutely correct. Just something else for the 'pure' anti-traders to complain about, because if you're noticed frowning upon trading enough then surely you'll be repaid by getting request fills :rolleyes:

(But everyone keep in mind that invite selling is not allowed on FST; don't get any ideas..:dabs:)

Skiz
03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I was just referring to the "safety" aspect, which is what most user act like they're in a tiff about. However, I do see your point about the profiting and whatnot.

bilkenter
03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
It all comes down to a question of who you are giving your account or trading with. Is it someone who will keep your legacy in the site or someone who will leech all the time? kinda sensitive on the issue, better not talk further :)

edit: Also recently safety thing occured to me, well i trust a friend of mine, he is someone i know from real, i let him just look at my account, and i am banned, not that i am complaining about it, they were right at banning me though i knew to whom i gave my account details to just check, and knew for sure he wouldnt log in again. Still it is rules, and his pc might be infected with anything, didnt occur to me at the time, someone could hack my acccount, and mess with site if they know their way around. Noone has right at doing so, i mean they are the ones who put their asses on the line, at least we can do is respect their rules even if we dont like it.

pridah
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
that's really like selling basically.... you can't get a rapidshare for free (well you if you trade it but that's what this discussion is about), an invite you can.

Problem is that most people are for 1 year rapidshare for a decent invite, thats like almost 60 euros. To me that's selling.... and NOT good.

Sonnentier
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
you can't get a rapidshare for free
Upload files, earn points - then you can get premium for free.

Something Else
03-26-2009, 12:54 PM
8 FST accts for trade.

Anything that has a monitary value of 5p or up will be considered. :smilie4:

Springgirl
03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't get why people get so up in arms about people selling their invites. I read the argument that if anyone should be making a profit it's the site owners, but most of them do anyway - and if we're really going to get down to it, they're profiting from something that is illegal anyway (in most places). So it doesn't seem like anyone has the RIGHT to profit from the sites at all.
But that's not even my point. It seems to me that if someone is really that eager to join a community that they will pay money to do it then they are most likely to be a valued member. After all, if you're financially invested in something you're much less likely to do something to get yourself banned.

Something Else
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Only absolute scum of the earth cunts would make money from running a tracker IMO

So it doesn't seem like anyone has the RIGHT to profit from the sites at all.

Exactly.

puckface
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM

FST Torrent shop.

so trading an ScT invite is selling?

KFlint
03-26-2009, 02:06 PM
8 FST accts for trade.

Anything that has a monitary value of 5p or up will be considered. :smilie4:

Selling your Polarbear account? :naughty:

TP635
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't get why people get so up in arms about people selling their invites. I read the argument that if anyone should be making a profit it's the site owners, but most of them do anyway - and if we're really going to get down to it, they're profiting from something that is illegal anyway (in most places). So it doesn't seem like anyone has the RIGHT to profit from the sites at all.
But that's not even my point. It seems to me that if someone is really that eager to join a community that they will pay money to do it then they are most likely to be a valued member. After all, if you're financially invested in something you're much less likely to do something to get yourself banned.

You may see things differently if you are a staff/owner of a tracker.

bilkenter
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM

FST Torrent shop.

so trading an ScT invite is selling?
it is high likely

kaffeine
03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
It's selling, same as trading for seedboxes. You are just putting another step in the middle to avoid the word money in the transaction, that's all.

As for the ScT question, I hear some get invites without buying them, so trading those would not be considered selling, it's still retarded, but it's not selling. But countless times I've seen scumbags literally selling those invites (it has not happened in FST for some time now, but it has happened before).

bilkenter
03-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I really dont get it, i mean ok trade is bad bla bla , but when i was naive in this bittorrent world, i traded, but still the guy that i traded turned out to be my best friend, he came to our university because of a tour, i went Istanbul et cetera, i mean not all traders are what you think, there are some who makes give aways more than most here. They help you get whereever you want, they just use trade as a means to get what they want, other than that, they are not really different from us, i cant generalise for all the traders, yet there are some who are really nice, contributing, helpful you name it. Also what i dont understand is this, back in time, i traded a seedbox for bitme account, i mean i got bitme via seedbox, cuz i needed e book materials and such, the account had 1 gb buffer or such, i made 100 gb more buffer, i was active on forums, trying to upload some stuff et cetera. So what are peoples arguments against this kinda trader? Really want to know, you cant generalise that all traders are the same, You can at most say that we have no means of knowing those guyz, but this is where the relationship between users and torrent owners admins staff comes in right? I really would luv to be enlightened. Thank you

kaffeine
03-26-2009, 03:16 PM
The trading vs non trading debate has been done and re-done to the death, in the end no one will change their minds, so I don't see how it will be different if we get into that discussion this time.

The fact that a trader gets an account and then becomes a "good user" has also been discussed (read stoi's posts about it for example). He was not a good member to begin with (because of the way he got the account/invite) and anything he does with the account will not change anything.

Regarding giveaways, people talk about them as if those are the best thing that a member could do. Well, it's not. Most staffers consider public giveaways the same as trading.

No one will "enlighten" you. Everyone has their opinions and points of view, and act according to them. They should also face the consequences of their actions if there are any. Trying to change someone else's opinion is pointless.

cinephilia
03-26-2009, 03:23 PM
anyway it's quite easy to recover a rs acc. by pretending it was hacked.
i suggest you to read this post carefully:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-warning-rapidshare-account-trading-post2673083/postcount1

bilkenter
03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
The trading vs non trading debate has been done and re-done to the death, in the end no one will change their minds, so I don't see how it will be different if we get into that discussion this time.

The fact that a trader gets an account and then becomes a "good user" has also been discussed (read stoi's posts about it for example). He was not a good member to begin with (because of the way he got the account/invite) and anything he does with the account will not change anything.

Regarding giveaways, people talk about them as if those are the best thing that a member could do. Well, it's not. Most staffers consider public giveaways the same as trading.

No one will "enlighten" you. Everyone has their opinions and points of view, and act according to them. They should also face the consequences of their actions if there are any. Trying to change someone else's opinion is pointless.
i missed the stoi btw, yeah you are right, this is one of the cliches that is forbidden to talk about. Anyway nothing good comes out of this discussion, i wish we could go to their irc as a guest, not able to send pms et cetera, just talk about trance or books or videos whatever it is all about, especially on dedicated trackers, it would be useful, and people wont have to seek it somewhere else. The time period also doesnt matter, it might be years for tracker staff to give an invite to someone, if the guy really wants to get in, i am sure he would wait, and wouldnt try to trade or seek sham friendships et cetera. Well give aways was just an example, for example tl is against all give aways on public forums like this one, i get it, what i meant was they are not just full of guys who are collectors or selfish to their own end. Traders i mean, never mind, it is just a waste of time to talk about morality of those issues.

Old_Swift_acct
03-26-2009, 04:27 PM
feel free to trade everything your ass is on the line

03-26-2009, 06:12 PM
you can't get a rapidshare for free

phishing :) rapidshare account dumps every day on alot of sites :D

BTW im not a trader , but i do get RS accounts for free

Villalltheway
03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I saw some people trading tracker accounts/invites for rapidshare accounts. I personally think that is the same as selling the account, which is far worse than trading.

i dont get it so are u also saying trading a site that u have to pay to get invites is like buying an account also?

1000possibleclaws
03-26-2009, 07:10 PM
*yawn*

puckface
03-26-2009, 07:18 PM
*yawn*

bored? :)

! TRADE !
03-26-2009, 07:33 PM
It's like seedbox

some buy it and trade it

alupizor