PDA

View Full Version : Totally Erase Your Hard Drive

serpico
09-21-2003, 04:29 AM
go to my website http://www.computertechtips.com and click on my downloads page and just download this bootable program and enjoy it.

pol
09-21-2003, 04:32 AM
hey serpico :D

is that your site, i saw that before - excellent flash work ;) :D

edit - or is it flash :blink:

[B][O][T]
09-21-2003, 04:42 AM
There's no flash there, it's java.

BOT

pol
09-21-2003, 04:44 AM
:"> well, it looks good anyways :"> :-"

serpico
09-21-2003, 04:48 AM
Yes that is my site. and thanks for the compliment dude. but the program is there so if you wanna hide your tracks download the program

dingoBaby
09-21-2003, 06:11 AM
Does your program provide for multiple passes, similar to what the full featured version of killdisk does?

I.am
09-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Seems like it only formats your hard drive once. So you dont completely erase it. Or does it have an option of going more than 7 passes or so?

Brona
07-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I recommend using free KillDisk software to erase your drive. KillDisk erases the whole HDD, it is impossible to recover any data after using it. KillDisk also supports some highly secure erase algorithms such as DoD M5220 and Guttman's. After using KillDisk you should re-partition and re-format your drive to use it from scrath. Head to www.killdisk.com for more info and download.

Virtualbody1234
07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Welcome Brona.

Why bring back a 2 year old thread???

tesco
07-29-2005, 03:36 PM
:cry: For a second there I thought BOT posted.

minitiss
07-30-2005, 11:05 AM
totally erase of the harddrive. just use the old fashion format and after you run fdisk /mbr.
This will erase the master boot record and the harddrive will be as new. When you erase the MBR you will not be able to restore any old files from your hdd.
But who would want to erase an hdd? :P I've have to much shit on it :)

Skiz
07-30-2005, 11:20 AM
This a blast from the past... :blink:

But again, why post on a 2 yr old thread? :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
07-30-2005, 03:08 PM
totally erase of the harddrive. just use the old fashion format and after you run fdisk /mbr.
This will erase the master boot record and the harddrive will be as new. When you erase the MBR you will not be able to restore any old files from your hdd.
That is absolutly untrue. You can restore the files even after you erase the MBR.

abu_has_the_power
07-30-2005, 03:45 PM
That is absolutly untrue. You can restore the files even after you erase the MBR.

oh those crazy forensics people :wacko:

the sure bet to erase data: take a powerful magnet and slide the hdd around it. bye bye data :schnauz: