PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with being a trader?

AkaiDoresu
03-27-2009, 03:34 AM
Ok seriously, I see more and more emo kids who scream out "burn traders" because they are bad users.

I haven't been around for a while so can someone explain that to me?
I'm a trader. Or rather I used to be in a days when I was more active in the torrenting world.

Well in my entire career on FST I gaveaway moreless 100 invites. Is that bad?
I have never been banned from any tracker other than for inactivity. Is that bad?
I've been to many trackers and always shared my knowledge about them especially during the times when some trackers where really rare. Is that bad?

Just because I can get into some websites faster than a normal person because I'm in possession of many invites (that are desirable by many people, especially noobs) doesn't make me a bad person, well today I've been told so and I notice this trend getting on popularity here.

So can anyone tell me what's the problem? Is it just bunch of jeleous emo kids or there is some deep meaning into that? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH and if there is please tell me where cuz I'm damn hungry.

Kyokushin
03-27-2009, 03:45 AM
I'll keep it simple:

Most trackers want quality members in them. So, the give out invites in order to get more members. The invites are supposed to be for people you know, trust and believe are gonna be a valuable member for the site. That's the whole point of invites.

BUT if you trade them, there is always a risk that the person you are inviting is not a good user, and you are inviting him only to get access to some other site in return.

Now, is trading BAD? No. There are bad traders who don't really care about the person they are inviting as long as they get the invite THEY want. And there are also good traders that make sure that they are inviting good and responsible users.

rytheguy
03-27-2009, 04:08 AM
BUT if you trade them, there is always a risk that the person you are inviting is not a good user, and you are inviting him only to get access to some other site in return.

The same can be said about giveaways, too. (Unless of course you require profile screens that prove that you actually use the site, maintain a decent ratio, and participate in the community in one way or another.) Nobody ever seems to point this out.

soulreaper
03-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Welcome back. As you probably noticed,the trade and giveaway sections got separated because of the constant e-quarreling and trolling that went on, mods probably just got fed up and decided enough is enough.

I don't think trading is bad as such. Consider a scenario where user A wants a TV site(looking for some rare tv shows) and user B wants a site for cult/rare films. They both understand how to keep a good ratio and decide to exchange their invites and the trade's completed. There's nothing wrong with this imo.

I suspect the problem comes when users trade to get into a site just because the site is hard to gain entrance to.I think the sites would suffer because the users wouldn't appreciate the site's true worth and when they get bored,they'll abandon the site.The WTAW thread is majorly reponsible for this although I understand the reason for its inception. Maybe,FST also majorly benefits from it.

Trading back in 05 and 06(looking at those threads) wasnt considered bad at all,infact it was hailed . Mods did it,reputed members did it,noone was ridiculed.
Before demonoid was taken down ,they had an invites thread where trading was allowed. They didnt think trading was bad did they? Fast forward to today,trading isnt allowed there anymore.

I think that FST sets trends which other popular torrent sites follow, most site admins drop in occasionally to see what's going on. Trading is considered a sin here and so some sites decide to ban trading and other sites follow,like a chain reaction,although this mightnot be true for every site.

At the end of the day,do what you think is right and try being a fruitful member of the site.

TP635
03-27-2009, 04:52 AM
A GOOD tracker user does not break trackers' rules; and one of them is, not to trade invites and account.

Funkin'
03-27-2009, 05:10 AM
The problem is that most traders don't give a fuck who they give their invites to. It doesn't matter if the person is a well known cheater/scammer, or could put the tracker in any type of harm. The only thing that matters is if that person has an invite that the trader wants.

harshytkage
03-27-2009, 05:28 AM
Like everyone said, it's all like Giving someone candy in return for some bubble gum, without finding out wether the the other guy is going eat the candy or abuse it...(Wait...WTF?!? that made no sense at all! How do you Abuse candy??)

beshawn
03-27-2009, 05:45 AM
The same can be said about giveaways, too. (Unless of course you require profile screens that prove that you actually use the site, maintain a decent ratio, and participate in the community in one way or another.) Nobody ever seems to point this out.

Probably because it doesn't need to be pointed out. Every tracker is slightly different on their rules for giveaways in this fashion. I think most would agree that giving away in public places isn't the best way to build a user-base; it's also not in the best interest for the tracker security-wise. Inviting trusted members that you know from other trackers (or other communities) is usually OK.

I've never had to trade to get access any tracker I've ever wanted, with a mixture of friends I know personally, and ones from IRC and forums. Trading invites and accounts is usually greed driven and it's blatant disrespect to the trackers themselves (it's their tracker, their rules). Yet people still have the nerve to say what's the big deal?

It's not hard to see why trackers get upset with traders, it comes down to trust. They're letting you use their service (FOR FREE) as long as you abide by some rules, as soon as you break one (with good intentions or not), there's no reason to believe that user will abide by all the other agreed upon rules.

That being said, are all trades (and traders) evil and bad? No of course not. Are people who habitually trade accounts or invites acting in poor judgment with regard to the trackers' security and safety? YES.

hagckz0r
03-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Never mind I know a lot of persons who belong to top trackers like FSC, FTN & etc. Do you think they really deserve to be there? They are members of every s3cret tracker, are they a good acquisition? Or are just pure collectors who want to show world they are capable to be member of every l33t tracker by giving lame and ass liking responses in forums & IRC.

In trading many bad persons exist, but this rulle applies also to giveaways.

peat moss
03-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Here's where I have a problem with some of you fucking heroes , how pray tell did you get started with trackers ? Suck a friends dick , promise a reach around ?

It starts with trust first and foremost and goes from there , little bit of of rope and see how she swings . :dabs:

puckface
03-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Whats wrong with being a trader?

not a damn thing. period.

be what you want.

Cabalo
03-27-2009, 07:18 AM
at FST: nothing wrong.
at trackers: possible security breach.

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 08:00 AM
at FST: nothing wrong.
at trackers: possible security breach.
This is what i came to realize recently i mean the security breach. My torrenting history can really be a damn book, better not talk about it. xD But trading can lead to best friendships ever. You make a transaction, you get to know the guy et cetera, also if i know for sure that he or she isnt a security breach, what is wrong with that anyway? Those traders that most call guilty in torrenting are the ones who help ya a lot about sites, invites et cetera, some of them are way more generous than some anti traders that keep their invite or sell it. It all depends on the people really, there are amazing traders out there that can help ya with anything... BTW i do believe that traders might not be a threat but gods gift to this community, but that doesnt mean i do trade cheat et cetera, keep the difference in your mind. I am already done with getting into sites i wanted to.

The_Martinator
03-27-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't think it's been pointed out that traders don't trade just invites nowadays. No, the majority of trades is account related. That's worse and gets us into a situation when a single person has multiple accounts at a tracker, just so he can trade them on.

I'm Hot
03-27-2009, 01:14 PM
[Well in my entire career on FST I gaveaway moreless 100 invites. Is that bad? Yes, you'r supposed to invite your friends and not a bunch of idiots you don't really know.

I have never been banned from any tracker other than for inactivity. Is that bad?I believe that. Since you might have new trackers every week, ain't hard to not get banned.

Lince
03-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Possible security breach? BS!

Can someone explain me why some trackers that are against trading like bmtv, scl and bcg opened signups a few monts ago? Weren't they concerned about security? What if the bad guys joined the tracker at those open signups?

susiserken
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
You`re bound to get fucked if you`re a trader, staff from sites will usually find out who you are then they talk to other site staff and you will be banned on a bunch of trackers :blink:

cinephilia
03-27-2009, 03:31 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/robo848/not_this_shit_again.jpg

AkaiDoresu
03-27-2009, 07:18 PM
I think the "you dont know who you invite" argument is ridiculous.
FST is about file sharing, there are many giveaways and other forms of invite sharing.

If you think that a simple ratio proof gives you any legit information about how good the user you inviting is, then you are either a huge noob or a seriously naive person. Have you ever heard about photoshop ? haha

Let's make it straight, for trades you can also require proofs in order to protect your account from being banned. I did this many times.

Now I invited many people through giveaways and there is one thing all of you seem to forget. Well GIVEAWAY means free stuff, and how much appreciation do you have for something that is free (and perhaps lower lvl tracker) ? The answer is NONE.

And because of that people cheat very often. Back in OiNK times I've seen people with great ratio proofs and scores from speedtest and few days later it appeared inviters priviliges were disabled.
Trading on the other hand requries a transfer of invite in exchange for other invite. So you are paying for this and there is much more appreciation for these things.

Just to summerize, Trading and Givingaway is both breaking the tracker rules and are both the same things (u can trade with or withouty proofs, and same you can do with giveaways). I think this trend got popular because many people wanted to justify their pussyness and lack of success in the world of torrents and started to make traders look bad. I'm sorry I dont see any other logic explanation.

Also don't mix being a trader with tracker collector. And yes trades can make you more friends than licking ass on FST 24/7 hoping for free stuff. Once you make few friends like that you dont need to trade as much as you had before. Trading is more personal, giving away is like throwing food at bunch of hungry dogs - you cant get to know everyone of them.

Best Regards,
Akaidoresu

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 07:22 PM
FST is about file sharing, there are many giveaways and other forms of invite sharing.

If you think that a simple ratio proof gives you any legit information about how good the user you inviting is, then you are either a huge noob or a seriously naive person.

Let's make it straight, for trades you can also require proofs in order to protect your account from being banned. I did this many times.

Now I invited many people through giveaways and there is one thing all of you seem to forget. Well GIVEAWAY means free stuff, and how much appreciation do you have for something that is free (and perhaps lower lvl tracker) ? The answer is NONE.

And because of that people cheat very often. Back in OiNK times I've seen people with great ratio proofs and scores from speedtest and few days later it appeared inviters priviliges were disabled.
Trading on the other hand requries a transfer of invite in exchange for other invite. So you are paying for this and there is much more appreciation for these things.

Just to summerize, Trading and Givingaway is both breaking the tracker rules and are both the same things (u can trade with or withouty proofs, and same you can do with giveaways). I think this trend got popular because many people wanted to justify their pussyness and lack of success in the world of torrents and started to make traders look bad. I'm sorry I dont see any other logic explanation.

Best Regards,
Akaidoresu
I would say you are not going in the "Right" direction because in torrenting there is only "one way" that is to be pursued... No matter what you argue, it wont make sense for some, i say let it be, go along with the flow swimming against a current might be tough sometimes, so better get used to it earlier, been there seen it. Except for some exceptions that are open to reason like stoii and people like him, nobody gives a sh... about what you argue really. I dont mean myself, i am willing to listen every possible argument but for some there is only one truth

That1Guy
03-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Well in my entire career on FST I gaveaway moreless 100 invites. Is that bad?

Yes

I have never been banned from any tracker other than for inactivity. Is that bad?
No

I've been to many trackers and always shared my knowledge about them especially during the times when some trackers where really rare. Is that bad?
Yes

Just because I can get into some websites faster than a normal person because I'm in possession of many invites

BS

So can anyone tell me what's the problem? Is it just bunch of jeleous emo kids or there is some deep meaning into that? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH and if there is please tell me where cuz I'm damn hungry.

The problem is its against the rules, i wont even go in to why... because it doesnt matter. Trading works 4 u, great. U can do what u want, just dont come whining when u are banned somewhere, or cant get in to some tracker because of your "trader" label.

Glad I could help.

P.S. I have had some nice "free lunch's" maybe it's just u?

FaithNoMore
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
What about if the rules are not coherent with the trackers attitudes?
Like forbiding invite trading then offering randomly invites in the irc channel (tl), opening signups (scl, bcg, bmtv, etc) or almost blindly recruting in other trackers (ptn, its, what.cd, waffles, etc).

AkaiDoresu
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM

If you think that a simple ratio proof gives you any legit information about how good the user you inviting is, then you are either a huge noob or a seriously naive person.

Best Regards,
Akaidoresu
I would say you are not going in the "Right" direction because in torrenting there is only "one way" that is to be pursued... No matter what you argue, it wont make sense for some, i say let it be, go along with the flow swimming against a current might be tough sometimes, so better get used to it earlier, been there seen it. Except for some exceptions that are open to reason like stoii and people like him, nobody gives a sh... about what you argue really. I dont mean myself, i am willing to listen every possible argument but for some there is only one truth

I'm not really concerned what the flow is simply because I already have what I need so for me trading torrents is a closed chapter.
But I hope there are people here who can at least notice some of the bias they seem to create with this negative point of view on traders.

P.S. I have had some nice "free lunch's" maybe it's just u?

It wasnt free my friend. Just someone paid it for you like for a homeless person. That's the difference.

That1Guy
03-27-2009, 08:49 PM
It wasnt free my friend. Just someone paid it for you like for a homeless person. That's the difference.

Care to elaborate? How does someone that I have become friends with giving me an invite amount to them "paying for you like for a homeless person."

These ppl got their invites without breaking any of the tracker rules, and broke no rules by inviting me. Even the few invites I have asked for here were given to me by people that knew me from other places, just didnt know I was looking.

What about if the rules are not coherent with the trackers attitudes?
Like forbiding invite trading then offering randomly invites in the irc channel (tl), opening signups (scl, bcg, bmtv, etc) or almost blindly recruting in other trackers (ptn, its, what.cd, waffles, etc).

I really wish ppl would realize its not a democracy, trackers can do what they want, whether they choose to be complete hypocrites or jackasses doesnt change anything. If you dont agree with a trackers way of doing something, choose another. Bitching and moaning doesnt fix anything.

ITS THEIR RULES, if they say "no one over 6' tall", and find out you are to tall then ban u, that is their decision.

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 08:51 PM

I'm not really concerned what the flow is simply because I already have what I need so for me trading torrents is a closed chapter.
But I hope there are people here who can at least notice some of the bias they seem to create with this negative point of view on traders.

P.S. I have had some nice "free lunch's" maybe it's just u?It wasnt free my friend. Just someone paid it for you like for a homeless person. That's the difference.

It is free mate, i have paid for someone to get into certain sites 2, and honestly i didnt think of it the way you did in your last post, he was my friend wanted to see him beside me on the same site, nothing more natural than this xD

Bone.W.Machine
03-27-2009, 09:01 PM
There's nothing wrong with being a trader. :)

Old_Swift_acct
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM

simple as that :) actually i lie it's not that cool to be a trader it was back in 2006 but not anymore :lol: try something new if you want to be cool

Bone.W.Machine
03-27-2009, 09:12 PM

simple as that :) actually i lie it's not that cool to be a trader it was back in 2006 but not anymore :lol: try something new if you want to be cool
It was much cooler to be a trader back in 2006 indeed.
Much more traders to trade with, now it's just the same guys on and on again...

AkaiDoresu
03-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow, hahaha this topic really scares me - I thought there are more serious people here :)

First of all when I say someone paid for it I don't mean money. I mean time, upload, goodwill and many others. Someone earned this invite in some way and then contributed this to you so it's not quite FREE because SOMEONE actually had to earn it.

Second, Giving away is also breaking the tracker rules (YES, some trackers are blocking users that got their invites from giveaways as well as banning the contributors) - simply inviting people you dont know is against the rules. So why noobs that have no idea about the torrents have the most to say?

The fact, that you begged 10 crappy invites doesn't make you a person who should really decide or judge whats right and whats wrong in the torrent universe.

FaithNoMore
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I really wish ppl would realize its not a democracy, trackers can do what they want, whether they choose to be complete hypocrites or jackasses doesnt change anything. If you dont agree with a trackers way of doing something, choose another. Bitching and moaning doesnt fix anything.

ITS THEIR RULES, if they say "no one over 6' tall", and find out you are to tall then ban u, that is their decision.

More funny than those inconsistent rules, are all the sheeps that blindly follow them. If there was a rule on those trackers like: "You canīt f#ck your girlfriend", I'm sure all those sheeps would stop f#cking (wait...they don't f#ck already).

That1Guy
03-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Wow, hahaha this topic really scares me - I thought there are more serious people here :)

First of all when I say someone paid for it I don't mean money. I mean time, upload, goodwill and many others. Someone earned this invite in some way and then contributed this to you so it's not quite FREE because SOMEONE actually had to earn it.

It was free for me

The fact, that you begged 10 crappy invites doesn't make you a person who should really decide or judge whats right and whats wrong in the torrent universe.

definitely not talking to me...as i think i have received 2 maybe 3 invites through fst.

I wouldnt mind knowing what makes you "a person who should really decide or judge whats right and whats wrong in the torrent universe."

Old_Swift_acct
03-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Second, Giving away is also breaking the tracker rules (YES, some trackers are blocking users that got their invites from giveaways as well as banning the contributors) - simply inviting people you dont know is against the rules. So why noobs that have no idea about the torrents have the most to say?

if you ask me what we chating here about in fact it's against most country's law's !

Bone.W.Machine
03-27-2009, 09:34 PM

if you ask me what we chating here about in fact it's against most country's law's !Please get on irc! I even joined the fun one just to chat with you. :fst:

Albo Da Kid
03-27-2009, 09:58 PM
AkaiiDorsu why don't you become one and find out for yourself. there's many theories to why trading is bad but you'll never know until you experience it for yourself

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 10:05 PM
:offtopic:
threads that are related to traders and non traders urges me to invent a convertor machine which will turn traders into non traders. We can all be non traders then xD the machine would cause memory loss of your trader history xD

seriously lets give this issue up, it is just a cliche that we all talk about. It is just torrent politiques, leave the issue aside and get whatever you want keep silent and move on, if anyone is into trading that much, then open a trader channel gather all traders in one msn or whatever.

Albo Da Kid
03-27-2009, 10:22 PM
seriously lets give this issue up
Amen..You have no idea how many times this subject has been discussed in the past 2 months..Mods, sticky this alreadyyy

On a serious note. Get Artemis in here so he can put a stop to this. This is his favorite subject, only he knows how to bring the discussion to an end

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 10:29 PM
seriously lets give this issue up
Amen..You have no idea how many times this subject has been discussed in the past 2 months..Mods, sticky this alreadyyy

On a serious note. Get Artemis in here so he can put a stop to this. This is his favorite subject, only he knows how to bring the discussion to an end
I can 2 xD push me a lil harder xD and i will doom this topic forever xD, btw i havent been around here for a year or so, but i dont think anyone can actually discussed this issue more than me really, now i dont give a sh... about it, we cant change people not unless they are willing to listen. So no point in discussing it anyway, btw anyone who posts anymore in the issue will get a permanent ban xD gonna catch you all :gunsmilie

Albo Da Kid
03-27-2009, 10:35 PM
we cant change people not unless they are willing to listen.
Exactly. I've also come to learn that with experience...besides no begginer stops and reads this boring threads anyway. We're the only fuckwits who keep beating a dead horse everytime one of these threads pops out.

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 10:43 PM
we cant change people not unless they are willing to listen.
Exactly. I've also come to learn that with experience...besides no begginer stops and reads this boring threads anyway. We're the only fuckwits who keep beating a dead horse everytime one of these threads pops out.

I say make a stickie, i dont think mods would be against it either because it wont favour anyone, let traders explain the reasons for their doings and advantages of trading(might lead to a real friendship et cetera) and on the other hand put the advantages of being a non trader, then let people choose whatever they wanna choose and close the issue for real. If there is to be a group of people to argue about both sides, i am always on for it, we might make it happen here.

benficao
03-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Whats wrong with being a trader?

Being drunk and drinvingh 40milles.

Albo Da Kid
03-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Bilkinter, thats a pretty solid idea. i've had one similar in the past but it was taken as a joke for some reason. i don't think anybody wants to waste time anymore looking out for trackers and sending traders in the right path, therefore a sticky about this might be beneficial.

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Bilkinter, thats a pretty solid idea. i've had one similar in the past but it was taken as a joke for some reason. i don't think anybody wants to waste time anymore looking out for trackers and sending traders in the right path, therefore a sticky about this might be beneficial.

It might be nice to have such a sticky regarding those beforementioned points and the personal experiences of certain traders as well as non traders, it would kinda provide people with means to evaluate points stated on those and choose the path for themselves not some imposed choice by others. Also i think we shall add friends factor, trust, accountability and other issues that are related to this whole discussion. It would be a nice one really, if you are into discussing it, pm me lets gather some other members to have their opinions on the matter, then we can make it a stickie but it shall be examined by some staff to measure the objectivity of those arguments, otherwise we wouldnt show a way we would dictate a way.

benficao
03-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Being a trader is silly. just ask ppl they will help you.

Being a good person is the secret and jhaving nice friends also helps.

I like to say do not hever aspect anything from anyone, and always share what you have.

AkaiDoresu
03-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I just hoped there will be some people who would discuss this issue in a mannered and civilized way :) I hoped we can exchange our arguments and let the logic decide who's right.

I presented my arguments, and no one dared to specifically articulate them and point out the lack of logic. I'm sorry to say that but so far traders are winning this dabate.

bilkenter
03-27-2009, 11:49 PM
all we can do is to change the ideas of future generation torrenters, you cant possibly this generation which is afraid to voice their opinion on certain matters because of tracker policies. I honestly urge you to give up on this issue, you will be hurt a lot in the way, not everyone is civilized, and they will make fun of what you say, post pictures that they think is funny. Unless you like to be tortured, i strongly suggest that you take an u-turn and be a non trader xD. As an experience from my own torrenting experience, i defended the same arguments as you did, i was bullied et cetera, in the end, i was pushed too far that i started posting po... pictures on the site which got me banned. Even if you say you have control over what you do, there are times when you are pushed too hard, it is your choice, but it wouldnt hurt you being silent, but it would if you keep talking. Speaking outta experience

TP635
03-28-2009, 12:08 AM
The fact, that you begged 10 crappy invites doesn't make you a person who should really decide or judge whats right and whats wrong in the torrent universeNobody is judging; the fact is, it is against tracker's rules.

I presented my arguments, and no one dared to specifically articulate them and point out the lack of logic. I'm sorry to say that but so far traders are winning this dabate.I can argue that H&R is good for trackers in many case and that over seeding is ALWAYS bad; but the former act is against tracker's rule while the latter is not.
Rules are rules, if you don't like it, try harder to live with it.

That1Guy
03-28-2009, 05:11 AM

More funny than those inconsistent rules, are all the sheeps that blindly follow them. If there was a rule on those trackers like: "You canīt f#ck your girlfriend", I'm sure all those sheeps would stop f#cking (wait...they don't f#ck already).

If I dont like a rule, I choose another tracker. (I actually recently dropped a couple accounts in which I didnt agree with the direction of the tracker), So I guess I cant really reply with anything to argue with you.

And my G/F is seven months pregnant.... so I guess I am just replying to let you know that the plural word for sheep is "sheep".

dakat
03-28-2009, 03:26 PM
now for my two cents. AkaiDoresu I understand your saying giveaways and trading is not secure. How ever there is a place on the web that's been open less than a year. That does not allow trading. The do allow folks to ask for invites. Offer a Non Movement tracker list (so work with the trackers if they do not want invites offered) Mind you that doesn't mean you wont get an invite to one of these it just means you make friends, Network, Help folks out, get involved in the site, You can check post history reps given and other things besides just the proof's (yes there will still be bad apples) But at least its a true community that works with both the site reps and the BT community users. I have stated many times on this forum I have never traded and never received an invite from a give away thread all my trackers I have because I have gotten to know folks.

To me if traders spent as much time networking with folks as they do in fighting trading then this would be a non issue. Its time to change some attitudes.

For those who can't see how things like trading, giveaways and yes open sign ups can be a security issue then they are not seeing a bigger picture.

I also think where this is a non invite forum its way to easy to be monitored from outside sources. And just a few post and waiting period can gain you access to the trading forum. Not all that secure. So I can see why many trackers are not fond of this particular forum

FaithNoMore
03-28-2009, 03:36 PM

If I dont like a rule, I choose another tracker. (I actually recently dropped a couple accounts in which I didnt agree with the direction of the tracker), So I guess I cant really reply with anything to argue with you.

And my G/F is seven months pregnant.... so I guess I am just replying to let you know that the plural word for sheep is "sheep".

I'm glad that your english skills are better than mine. Congratulations mate. I would be very happy to see your skills in my native language (portuguese).
If you don't like a rule you don't need to runaway, just break it, mate. Don't be scared. Nobody will kill you for that. Do you stop in every stop sign while driving. I guess not. So it's better for you to stop driving. :frusty:

That1Guy
03-28-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm glad that your english skills are better than mine. Congratulations mate. I would be very happy to see your skills in my native language (portuguese).
If you don't like a rule you don't need to runaway, just break it, mate. Don't be scared. Nobody will kill you for that. Do you stop in every stop sign while driving. I guess not. So it's better for you to stop driving. :frusty:

I wasnt trying to bash you, and do realize that for many people here English is not their native language. I was actually empathizing for people who use English as their second language during that part of my post.

And you are right, if I dont like a rule I dont have to run away. But maybe it just comes down to morals/beliefs/what ever. If someone says they dont want something that I believe in, rather than think "who are these guys to make rules at their own trackers, I can do what I want". I think "fuck these guys, I dont need them." and quietly delete my account or bookmark.

And um....yes actually I do stop at all stop signs.....

Bottom line: There is always gonna be douchbags trading, getting caught, and whining about being banned. You can whine all you want. But as long as you are using private trackers, THEY MAKE THE RULES. You can follow them or not, But bitching and whining is stupid and pointless. If you dont like it, start your own tracker, make all the rules you want.

alaaden90
03-28-2009, 05:58 PM
nothing is wronge in that way you can get trackers faster!!!
but you mustn't be a scamer!!!

FaithNoMore
03-28-2009, 06:27 PM

I wasnt trying to bash you, and do realize that for many people here English is not their native language. I was actually empathizing for people who use English as their second language during that part of my post.

And you are right, if I dont like a rule I dont have to run away. But maybe it just comes down to morals/beliefs/what ever. If someone says they dont want something that I believe in, rather than think "who are these guys to make rules at their own trackers, I can do what I want". I think "fuck these guys, I dont need them." and quietly delete my account or bookmark.

And um....yes actually I do stop at all stop signs.....

Bottom line: There is always gonna be douchbags trading, getting caught, and whining about being banned. You can whine all you want. But as long as you are using private trackers, THEY MAKE THE RULES. You can follow them or not, But bitching and whining is stupid and pointless. If you dont like it, start your own tracker, make all the rules you want.

If you are on a desert road at 4 am with a perfect view, will you stop ate that stop sign? I'm sure not. Do you know why? Because that doesn't make any sense. But you are breaking a rule.

Nobody is bitching and whining here. I'm just telling you that I have total respect for trackers and their staff, but I don't like to follow stupid rules. I canīt remember the last time I traded an invite, but I won't feel a dishonest guy if I trade one tomorrow.

I understand when a tracker forbids trading and is coherent with that in their attitudes. What I can't understand is a tracker that forbids trading for security reasons and open their signups at the sametime. I know it's their rules, but they are STUPID. Will I follow them? NO! Will I delete my account there? NO. Am I a douchbag for that? No. Do you think I'm a douchbag? I don't give a f#ck.

Albo Da Kid
03-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Ask Artemis

That1Guy
03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
If you are on a desert road at 4 am with a perfect view, will you stop ate that stop sign? I'm sure not. Do you know why? Because that doesn't make any sense. But you are breaking a rule.

But saying trading is alright is not like running through a stop sign in the middle of the desert, it is like saying "I dont agree to stop sign's and wont obey by them". Inviting someone that a close friend knows but you do not would be more like running that stop sign in the desert.

Nobody is bitching and whining here. I'm just telling you that I have total respect for trackers and their staff, but I don't like to follow stupid rules. I canīt remember the last time I traded an invite, but I won't feel a dishonest guy if I trade one tomorrow.
LMFAO!

I understand when a tracker forbids trading and is coherent with that in their attitudes. What I can't understand is a tracker that forbids trading for security reasons and open their signups at the sametime.

because they can

I know it's their rules, but they are STUPID. Will I follow them? NO! Will I delete my account there? NO. Am I a douchbag for that? No. Do you think I'm a douchbag? I don't give a f#ck.

/me has no comment

I think Im done here for a bit. I dont ever expect much when I post here, and am usually not disappointed.

Maybe I'll run in to you in a few months when I decide to post some more and we can argue some more.

FaithNoMore
03-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Mate, I'm not here to fight with anyone. I have my opinion and you have yours. I just don't hate anyone for trading a few invites. I have more important things to think in my life.

I have no sympathy for those heavy traders. I don't understand how can someone trade dozens of times. On the other hand, I'm sure that 90% of anti-traders are ass kissing kids that want to build some reputation.

You may laugh as much as you want, but I have total respect for most of trackers. I'm just asking for some coherency managing those trackers.

That1Guy
03-28-2009, 08:18 PM
I know I said I was done, and I would not have responded to some rant, but I will to a reasonable response.

I cant agree more that 90% of "anti traders" are full of BS and are kissing ass (some are probably traders in disguise).

Like I said earlier (i think), I dont go hunting down traders, and I dont personally hate them as people. But just feel it is annoying when they come complaining. (which u have not done).

Cheers mate

FaithNoMore
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I know I said I was done, and I would not have responded to some rant, but I will to a reasonable response.

I cant agree more that 90% of "anti traders" are full of BS and are kissing ass (some are probably traders in disguise).

Like I said earlier (i think), I dont go hunting down traders, and I dont personally hate them as people. But just feel it is annoying when they come complaining. (which u have not done).

Cheers mate

:cheers:

Artemis
03-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Nobody is bitching and whining here. I'm just telling you that I have total respect for trackers and their staff, but I don't like to follow stupid rules.

Seriously wtf ? you respect the tracker and the staff but you dont respect their rules, so what exactly DO you respect ?
That is bizarre, I mean its not like there are a huge amount of rules anyway, but this is too much effort for some people ?
The general trend around here is I want what I want, and you can all just get the fuck out of my way while I get it. How is that in any way even remotely a community?
I tell you what explain your thoughts to the staff of some of the trackers you respect, say its all good but I don't agree with your rules............. exactly how long do you think you will have an account after that speech ?

Bone.W.Machine
03-29-2009, 08:38 AM
nothing is wronge in that way you can get trackers faster!!!
but you mustn't be a scamer!!!There's nothing wrong with being a scammer either in my opinion. :unsure:

Artemis
03-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Actually can anyone here defend this ?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-aznvtv-tt-bh-nb-fb-ncore-iplay-ht-x264-ds-rp-db9-many-more-trade-343086

no_bother
03-29-2009, 11:03 AM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-aznvtv-tt-bh-nb-fb-ncore-iplay-ht-x264-ds-rp-db9-many-more-trade-343086

Some people trade for fun, thats it lol. And my 2 cents.
I dont like traders, not because they get what they want and fast, but because they dont respect ther ules. We dont pay for these sites, and the chances of any traders donating to the sites are quite slim I think, or giving anything back. They dont participate in communities, in case one speaks with broken english and the other was fluent, and might get noticed, they bring nothing to the site, and cant follow the rules. Okay, I hunted down a few traders in my time for different people, and reported them when they PM'ed me on other sites, but Im not a trader hunterm and when I did, it wasnt to try and get some rep/brownie points, I already knew the right people, it was just a case of waiting for anything I wanted/do want. People dont understand, that the way this works isnt about being a good seeder only, its about knowing the right people, and getting to know them, and the best way is through tracker IRC's, forums etc. you WILL get what you want, it jsut takes time.

benficao
03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Hes ok.

Look at his sig. LOL
At the time that I post this offer
Accounts NOT To Be Traded On FST list is BCG | FSC | FTN | ITS

jasperr
03-29-2009, 11:47 AM
This thread is almost laughable... no, actually it is!

for those who think there's nothing wrong with it.. take a gander here.. this is the wave of the future boys/girls!

http://file-share-freak.com/2009/03/28/why-you-shouldnt-trade-staff-members-face-ban/ (http://**************.com/2009/03/28/why-you-shouldnt-trade-staff-members-face-ban/)

read and bitch.... lmao!

FaithNoMore
03-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Nobody is bitching and whining here. I'm just telling you that I have total respect for trackers and their staff, but I don't like to follow stupid rules.

Seriously wtf ? you respect the tracker and the staff but you dont respect their rules, so what exactly DO you respect ?
That is bizarre, I mean its not like there are a huge amount of rules anyway, but this is too much effort for some people ?
The general trend around here is I want what I want, and you can all just get the fuck out of my way while I get it. How is that in any way even remotely a community?
I tell you what explain your thoughts to the staff of some of the trackers you respect, say its all good but I don't agree with your rules............. exactly how long do you think you will have an account after that speech ?

I don't respect their rules? Did you even read what I wrote? Out of 30 or 40 rules I think one rule is inconsistente with certain trackers attitudes and that means that I have no respect for them? How long will I have an account there? Since 2006 in some trackers.
Don't forget that only a small minority of trackers forbids trading, but I won't discuss anymore this issue. I made my point clear.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...e-trade-343086

I have no sympathy for those heavy traders. I don't understand how can someone trade dozens of times.

bilkenter
03-29-2009, 12:46 PM

shame really, i definitely cant defend him, he got into anything he found an access to. Shame to us all. I would still say not every trader is like him of course. Some just trade to get into certain trackers they really need. Therefore, this act of that guy doesnt give us right to label all traders as selfish, collectors et cetera.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2009, 12:55 PM

for those who think there's nothing wrong with it.. take a gander here.. this is the wave of the future boys/girls!

http://file-share-freak.com/2009/03/28/why-you-shouldnt-trade-staff-members-face-ban/ (http://**************.com/2009/03/28/why-you-shouldnt-trade-staff-members-face-ban/)

read and bitch.... lmao!

What is laughable is the notion that people have a right or even the capability to impose there morality on others .

I understand that trading can be a serious security issue with trackers but to fight with such a fascist approach is against the very ethic that the creators of the internet intended.

Now I am sure that some simple- minded person will take this as me condoning trading ,killing puppies or some other such foolishness(which I obviously haven't) but then fanaticism doesn't allow for much rational thought does it?

And while we are sharing links
http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmartin/pubs/98il/il01.html

(http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmartin/pubs/98il/il01.html)

Artemis
03-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Out of 30 or 40 rules I think one rule is inconsistente with certain trackers attitudes and that means that I have no respect for them? How long will I have an account there? Since 2006 in some trackers.

Oh I see, you want to choose which rules that you want to follow, well that makes it soooo much clearer.

I'll say it again though, now that you have clarified this for me, have exactly this same conversation with the staff of the trackers that you 'respect' . I have hyphened the word respect here simply because your respect is conditional on whether you respect the specific rule or not. I do
however doubt they will come to the same conclusion as you regarding your idea of respect.

FaithNoMore
03-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Out of 30 or 40 rules I think one rule is inconsistente with certain trackers attitudes and that means that I have no respect for them? How long will I have an account there? Since 2006 in some trackers.

Oh I see, you want to choose which rules that you want to follow, well that makes it soooo much clearer.

I'll say it again though, now that you have clarified this for me, have exactly this same conversation with the staff of the trackers that you 'respect' . I have hyphened the word respect here simply because your respect is conditional on whether you respect the specific rule or not. I do
however doubt they will come to the same conclusion as you regarding your idea of respect.

Ok mate, think whatever you want. I think I have the right to questioning a rule, even if I don't break it, like I do in so many things in my life. I don't like to feel like a sheep. Do you?

Can someone aswer me these 2 questions with a yes or no:

Is there anything wrong trading a tti invite for a tranceroute invite? Yes or No?

Is there any coherency in forbiding trading and opening signups at the same time? Yes or No?

Artemis
03-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Can someone aswer me these 2 questions with a yes or no:

Is there anything wrong trading a tti invite for a tranceroute invite? Yes or No?
Yes, again if unsure ask TTi or TR staff

Is there any coherency in forbiding trading and opening signups at the same time? Yes or No?
Not really sure what you mean by coherency ? (rationality perhaps?) but the answer once again is yes (I could say ask tracker staff but you get my drift).

Trackers are against you trading your invites and accounts and in fact many trackers have simply removed user invites altogether simply to prevent the trading which is so prevalent.
You are justifying trading from your own personal standpoint - the end justifies the means. The point I am trying to make is that if your standpoint is so right and correct why don't you explain your viewpoint to the staff of the trackers, or is it that the ends justifies the means argument is a selfish one and that if you explained this to the staff you would not be a member for very long ?

Bone.W.Machine
03-29-2009, 03:49 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-aznvtv-tt-bh-nb-fb-ncore-iplay-ht-x264-ds-rp-db9-many-more-trade-343086What a list..

jasperr
03-29-2009, 04:07 PM

read and bitch.... lmao!

What is laughable is the notion that people have a right or even the capability to impose there morality on others .

i think your getting confused here... there is no morality.. the thing is simple.. trackers set the rules.. period! its the staff at any given tracker that enforces them or not.. which some things staff can be understanding.. and other things they might be rigid on.. point is it's not the user/member that can pick and choose which rule to follow.. there is no discussion about that..

I understand that trading can be a serious security issue with trackers but to fight with such a fascist approach is against the very ethic that the creators of the internet intended.

tracker staff are not dictators as you may be suggesting here.. quite the contrary, they are very flexible provided users stay within the rules.. and to be honest the rules are not that hard or difficult to follow.. just about all trackers have the 3 basic ones.. don't trade, no give aways, and don't use full site name in public... sites tend to vary on other items.. now, to me.. i see a lot of play room there.. most staffers might tend to agree on that.. maybe i'm the crazy one here.. i dunno :huh:

Now I am sure that some simple- minded person will take this as me condoning trading ,killing puppies or some other such foolishness(which I obviously haven't) but then fanaticism doesn't allow for much rational thought does it?

Actually, i don't think people would get that impression.... (unless your really into killing puppies..?:blink:)

And while we are sharing links
http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmartin/pubs/98il/il01.html
(http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmartin/pubs/98il/il01.html)

no thanks ..... if i need something to put me to sleep, maybe i'll check it out.. (bookmarked.. just in case...)

FaithNoMore
03-29-2009, 05:25 PM

Yes, again if unsure ask TTi or TR staff

There's nothing wrong. You can even trade them in their own forums:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2185/42028284.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1442/tti.jpg

Trust me, a large majority of trackers don't give a f#ck about trading.

I'm not here defending that we all should break rules. I totally understand the need for some security and why they don't want to invite anyone. I admire the way a few trackers are managed, like fsc, ftn, tt, etc.
What I will never understand is the total obsession for security in one hand, and doors wide open in the other.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2009, 05:38 PM
. and to be honest the rules are not that hard or difficult to follow.. just about all trackers have the 3 basic ones.. don't trade, no give aways, and don't use full site name in public... sites tend to vary on other items.. now, to me.. i see a lot of play room there.. most staffers might tend to agree on that.. maybe i'm the crazy one here.. i dunno :huh:

Considering the gist of your op,I wonder which one of those rules applied here

There is a disturbing trend in society to lay the blame on others for something that was an individuals own choice....The person chose to drink and drive so it was the bar's fault for serving him....the man stabbed his friend because he played violent video games
It's the same kind of skewed reasoning where people used to say it was a woman's fault that she was raped because she dressed a certain way.

It is always easier and more comforting to simply lay the blame on others than address the larger issue.
The simpletons behind these kind of short-sighted actions don't care if nothing is really solved. It is rather about demonstrating power to ease their feelings of helplessness and an puerile attempt subjugate the undecided.

jasperr
03-29-2009, 05:38 PM
What I will never understand is the total obsession for security in one hand, and doors wide open in the other.

the point is accountability! you trade, no one knows who has use of the account, not staff, not no one.. at least when you use an invite there is a record and a sense of responsibility not only to tracker staff/site but to other members of the site.. responsibility that you will do your part with seeding.. which you get none of that when your in it for trade.. you'll maybe buffer the account needlessly with a seedbox or something and trade it off for the next thing..

. and to be honest the rules are not that hard or difficult to follow.. just about all trackers have the 3 basic ones.. don't trade, no give aways, and don't use full site name in public... sites tend to vary on other items.. now, to me.. i see a lot of play room there.. most staffers might tend to agree on that.. maybe i'm the crazy one here.. i dunno :huh:

Considering the gist of your op,I wonder which one of those rules applied here

There is a disturbing trend in society to lay the blame on others for something that was an individuals own choice....The person chose to drink and drive so it was the bar's fault for serving him....the man stabbed his friend because he played violent video games
It's the same kind of skewed reasoning where people used to say it was a woman's fault that she was raped because she dressed a certain way.

It is always easier and more comforting to simply lay the blame on others than address the larger issue.
The simpletons behind these kind of short-sighted actions don't care if nothing is really solved. It is rather about demonstrating power to ease their feelings of helplessness and an puerile attempt subjugate the undecided.

how am i laying blame on someone else??... can you explain this to me? :blink:

whitesnake
03-29-2009, 06:35 PM
it's not all wrong but it's not true either.Because you should give invites to your trusted friends.With tradition,you give your invitation to anyone (maybe trusted maybe not) to get invitation which you're searching for.You don't care whose you invited.he or she can be harmfull to site.you can't know.thats why it's forbidden.
sorry for my bad english.

FaithNoMore
03-29-2009, 06:53 PM
the point is accountability! you trade, no one knows who has use of the account, not staff, not no one.. at least when you use an invite there is a record and a sense of responsibility not only to tracker staff/site but to other members of the site.. responsibility that you will do your part with seeding.. which you get none of that when your in it for trade.. you'll maybe buffer the account needlessly with a seedbox or something and trade it off for the next thing...

Doors wide open = open for signups like bitmetv, scl and bcg did a few months ago. There's no accountability in this case.

benficao
03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Theres no discussion about it.

Its their home, you only join, if you whant too, and if you accept their rules, a guest never demands anything.

Trading ? LOL

How about all thoese anti traders, who use the so called favors, tho get in everywhere ?

You scratch my back, ill scratch yours.

How many members at FXX where staff invited , and how many of thoese, where scratching backs... ( not so primitive trading )

Its a bad english, but i tried to make it simple.

Forgot : Still waiting to see, when, wil invite foruns, start to be chased, since just like traders, and fst, they also, put trackers security at risk!
posting 100 times, on the boob thread, or at any other, doesnt make you a thrustwordy person, i think.

Bone.W.Machine
03-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Theres no discussion about it.

Its their home, you only join, if you whant too, and if you accept their rules, a guest never demands anything.

Trading ? LOL

How about all thoese anti traders, who use the so called favors, tho get in everywhere ?

You scratch my back, ill scratch yours.

How many members at FXX where staff invited , and how many of thoese, where scratching backs... ( not so primitive trading )

Its a bad english, but i tried to make it simple.

Forgot : Still waiting to see, when, wil invite foruns, start to be chased, since just like traders, and fst, they also, put trackers security at risk!
posting 100 on the boob thread, doesnt make you a thrustwordy person, i think.I didn't fully understand it. Could you please do a favour and help your fellow countryman, send me a private message and say exactly the same but in macauish. :)

benficao
03-29-2009, 07:11 PM
or portuguese ;)

not really, its pretty clear, just like water ;)

I do not support trading, but i know theres lots of ppl still doing it, but theyre smarter than the average Joe.

Ppl should all chill at least a little bit, almost anyone who got into trackers, around 2004 has at least traded, once. ( will not comment this )

Albo Da Kid
03-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Whats wrong with tradingYou get lowlifes like beniflaceo posing like females that's whats wrong with it

Old_Swift_acct
03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
low lifes

benficao
03-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Whats wrong with tradingYou get lowlifes like beniflaceo posing like females that's whats wrong with it

:D Notting to do whit that :D

I simply didint care, because, you dont need to know if im a boy a girl or both.

albo, why are you so mad at me ?

Wait....

I really dont care !

Albo Da Kid
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
not mad, just spilling my two cents on how i feel about the internet sistaz

mrnobody
03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
You get lowlifes like beniflaceo posing like females that's whats wrong with it
I simply didint care, because, you dont need to know if im a boy a girl or both.

what if he wanted to take u for a e-date or something.

P.S. if you don't want others to know your gender (for some wired reason that is beyond me) just select check 'Undisclosed' radio button under Control Panel - Edit Your Details.

selecting 'female' gender when you are a 'male' is just :ghey:

benficao
03-29-2009, 07:53 PM
:lol: :lol: Will do that.