PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Goes Back To All

K-liteboy
09-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Hi there i share (so people can care) but! what if i now dont want them to upload from me and i cancel the upload it says ''this will terminate the upload its not recommended'' if i cANCEl an upload will it then hurt my computer or what

VB
09-21-2003, 11:05 AM
It will format you harddrive.

noobiewonkenobe
09-21-2003, 11:42 AM
hehehe :ph34r:

benn19uk
09-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Is there anyway to check if someone is sharing now? Cause theres options so you cant get thier file list, and the PL is knackered in most cases cause of programs to put it up, or people sharing, but noone uploading from them. There doesnt seem to be a way of finding out if someone is sharing other than quickly checking to see if you are downloading from them...

Gre1
09-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by K-liteboy@21 September 2003 - 06:00
Hi there i share (so people can care) but! what if i now dont want them to upload from me and i cancel the upload it says ''this will terminate the upload its not recommended'' if i cANCEl an upload will it then hurt my computer or what
That's called Leeching and it isn't recommended If u cancel up to 30 uploads It could delete your hard drive. :devil:

Mosfos
09-21-2003, 06:11 PM
I think the PL cheat should be taken out, as the PL is the only way to actually tell if someone is sharing now

Gre1
09-21-2003, 06:18 PM
I had 1000 without the cheat on the old kazaa.

Switeck
09-21-2003, 06:54 PM
If you cancel an upload, they'll probably just reconnect in seconds.

If you turn off sharing, it will NOT cancel existing uploads -- you'd have to cancel them manually AFTER it says sharing is disabled.

Also, if you cancel an upload and clear the list really quickly then reduce the number of max uploads by 1 the upload you canceled will not be able to reconnect immediately.

I do all of that on occassion in an attempt to prevent DDoS attacks in the form of 100's of upload requests on my connection.

I even go so far as to block ips of particularly persistant PL=0 @Kazaa users (probable leeches) that try to hog my bandwidth when I have many other uploads going.