PDA

View Full Version : Is there such thing as a Seedbox with Root Access?

theshadow1234
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Im looking to find a seedbox provider 3-5 torrents, Unlimited Bandwidth, NXclient or VNC without getting a Dedicated Server. But I also need to install my own programs with Wine. I don't really need root access as long as I can install some programs.

Are there any Resellers that offer this combo?

Thanks

Cabalo
03-30-2009, 10:45 PM
********* does. just ask him for full VNC access to the desktop.

theshadow1234
03-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Who does? Where?

buggyfresh
03-30-2009, 11:01 PM
rotlfmao ***********

viper151
03-30-2009, 11:37 PM
i know that the multiple ***** do it and seedplace.eu also does give some kind of restricted admin access to your seedbox.

Cabalo
03-31-2009, 12:17 AM
i know that the multiple ***** do it and seedplace.eu also does give some kind of restricted admin access to your seedbox.
any idea why OS.pl URL is now filtered ? I've a box with them and i can only say positive stuff.

Six66Mike
03-31-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm trying not to advertise my products but your question can be answered. With us you get a full VPS with root and can run NX or VNC and whatever client you like, etc.

redguard
03-31-2009, 06:34 AM
NX is fauckingly sweet. From my experience, working all day, leaves me not much free time to sort what I get using my seedbox. But it's nice having it there waiting whenever needed. And yeah, it's sooo weird outerlimitssytem is filtered.

aturservice
03-31-2009, 06:39 AM
there will not be many providers that provide root axx with limited torrents and HDD.

LJ.
03-31-2009, 06:46 AM
any idea why OS.pl URL is now filtered ? I've a box with them and i can only say positive stuff.

Yeah

He needs to pay fst for advertising but he didnt as you can see.

So from now don't review any seedbox site.

Valoo
03-31-2009, 08:26 AM
Many other providers we talk about aren't filtered, so I don't think it's the cause.

But I notice FSF has made the same thing in its last seedbox review with this explanation : "Update: March 9/09 - with all the new problems with UKF, they’ve been removed from FSF."

Maybe O.pl guys could talk us about that...

Six66Mike
03-31-2009, 11:51 AM
there will not be many providers that provide root axx with limited torrents and HDD.

We do except unlimited torrents, the only limitation is the package you get & the RAM you're assigned.

We're dumping FreeNX though, takes up too many resources compared to VNC clients, more RAM & HDD reading, slows things down plus there seems to be a lot of timeouts randomly on every box I've ever used it on. I haven't heard of similar poor performance issues about VNC clients though.

theshadow1234
03-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey what about the Shared Start 1 dedicated server plan at seedplace.eu? Since its shared with another user, who has root access? I need to be able to install Flash and My News Reader with no problems.

Any one know?

Thanks