PDA

View Full Version : Ex And Non Smokers

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Having read some of the replies in my other thread "Fags" I thought I would start this.

I have found that an EX smoker is ten time worse at winging at smokers than Non smokers.

My cousin smoked for 20 odd years and then gave up, he now moans at anyone who even thinks about having a fag, even makes his 70 y/o mother go out the house (summer or winter) for a smoke <_< I&#39;ve been in the pub with him and he tells me to put my fag out :o I&#39;m like "Yeah feck you right off".

My mother moans about smokers too and she used to smoke.

Yet I have some friends that have either never tried or just had one who don&#39;t care if you smoke or not.

So, I think it&#39;s a subconcious jealousy going on with the Ex-Smokers cos their brain is telling them "Look....he&#39;s smoking, and you know you want to but you can&#39;t...........so have a go at him"

WTF??? :blink:

Anyone else find this??

Jonno B)

Alucard1475
09-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Smoking kills the brain man&#33;&#33; I never smoked and never will. What&#39;s the purpose??

DanB
09-21-2003, 11:57 AM
I know exactly what you mean Jonno. Now you have come up with that heory i find it the most likely one&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Alucard1475@21 September 2003 - 11:52
Smoking kills the brain man&#33;&#33; I never smoked and never will. What&#39;s the purpose??
So do car fumes and alchohol and a million other things...........a coal fire is leathal, we smoke cos we want to, some people bungy jump others use mobile phones all day, all these things are health threatening.

@Dan....It&#39;s true, think about it :D

Jonno B)

DanB
09-21-2003, 12:06 PM
It really is&#33;&#33; :D

i smoke out of choice, but i dont breathe exhaust fumes out of choice

Alucard1475
09-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+21 September 2003 - 22:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 21 September 2003 - 22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alucard1475@21 September 2003 - 11:52
So do car fumes and alchohol and a million other things...........a coal fire is leathal, we smoke cos we want to, some people bungy jump others use mobile phones all day, all these things are health threatening.

@Dan....It&#39;s true, think about it :D

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
We need some things to easier our lives like cars and mobile phones. I do not drink either. The other life threatening stuff is just the adrenalin.

J'Pol
09-21-2003, 12:14 PM
I gave up smoking around 5 years ago. I had smoked for about 20 years.

It reeally doesn&#39;t bother me if other people smoke. Indeed at work I sometimes share cars on long journeys with smokers. It dosn&#39;t bother me if they want to smoke. I know what it&#39;s like going for 4 hours or so without having one. I prefer if the window is open when they are doing it but other than that no prob.

I can also spend loads of times with smokers having a coffee or whatever and with them smoking, not a problem. In fact sometimes I go to the smoking room at work for a chat with the chaps there. That&#39;s there territory so their rules. Normally there is a window open tho - even smokers don&#39;t like the atmos too smokey.

The only thing I can&#39;t do is drink with people who are smoking. As I get more drunk the desire for a cigarette becomes greater, however the resolve not to have one decreases. I have a couple of friends who I can drink with, who know this and will not give me a cigarette, no matter what I say. This normally involves me apologising the next day. Other people are only to happy to give you one, as they think it is a good thing that others return to smoking.

My bottom line is that I have no problem with smokers. As long as they compromise with me too. Open a window when it&#39;s a very confined space and don&#39;t give me them when I have a drink in me.

Re the house thing. No-one smokes in my house. I didn&#39;t do it myself, neither did my wife. It&#39;s not because of us, it&#39;s because of the kids. If they chose to smoke it&#39;s up to them, however I wont make them do it.

pol
09-21-2003, 12:18 PM
In fact sometimes I go to the smoking room at work for a chat with the chaps there

we&#39;re not worthy..
http://www.dukefarm.com/images/jokepage/wayne1.jpg

:rolleyes:

the drink is a killer when your trying to give up tho&#39;, tried it a couple of times, longest i lasted was a fortnight - soon as i have a drink i want a fag

fr600
09-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Smoking gives a kind of satisfaction to your mind. You won&#39;t understand coz u don&#39;t have this habit. Even u you try once u won&#39;t get any satisfaction. Instad u will feel worse. Coz u don&#39;t this habit. I don&#39;t know why u ppl think its not good. May be because u just heard that smoking is bad for heath...lol

Lilmiss
09-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by pol@21 September 2003 - 12:18

we&#39;re not worthy..
http://www.dukefarm.com/images/jokepage/wayne1.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahaha&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D
/me rolls on floor.
(maybe time for a change on my screensaver.
Matthew Lillard is getting a bit old. ;) :D )

lynx
09-21-2003, 12:36 PM
I gave up 3 years ago, and with 1 exception I have no problem with smokers.

The exception is the people who light up, then immediately put the cigarette in the ashtray. They let it burn about a quarter of the way down, then have a quick drag and put it back down again. It really stinks.

But I hated people who smoked like that even when I was a smoker, so it&#39;s nothing to do with giving up.

pol
09-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Matthew Lillard is getting a bit old

what, this guy ? :huh:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20020614/scooby14.jpg :P :D

Lilmiss
09-21-2003, 12:48 PM
:o ..........me thinks me just wet me pants. :D

(see ya laters&#33;)

pol
09-21-2003, 12:50 PM
catch you later lilmiss :D

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by pol@21 September 2003 - 12:18

the drink is a killer when your trying to give up tho&#39;, tried it a couple of times, longest i lasted was a fortnight - soon as i have a drink i want a fag
That is sooooo true, I don&#39;t usually have a fag til 3 or sometimes 4 hours after getting up and I don&#39;t smoke much anyway but when I&#39;m drinking it&#39;s one after the other so not only do I wake up with a hangover but I sound like Darth Vadar when breathing :rolleyes:

Cya Lilmiss, be safe ok ;) :)

@Jpaul......I have respect for those that don&#39;t smoke, like I don&#39;t smoke in other peoples houses unless they do, I go to a m8&#39;s and sit there for 3 or 4 hours and not smoke (shaking and sweating :lol: j/k) so it does&#39;nt bother me and I respect other people but if I&#39;m in my house or a public place I will smoke if I want to, unless the person I&#39;m with is not well or has breathing problems
Jonno B)

Adster
09-21-2003, 01:13 PM
you know whats ironic about this whole smoking thing its ilegal to smoke under 18 right??

but gues what most smokers start under 18 and are on for life&#33;&#33;

Ive personaly never touched a cigerete in my life hate that shit yuuuk dont see why I need to stick shit in my mouth and blow out disgusting crap to look cool it just looks discusting for me

pol
09-21-2003, 01:19 PM
fair point there Ad, cant think of anyone i know right now that started after they were 18.

@lynx and JPaul, did your hangovers get any easier when you gave up ?, im sure it must have summit to do with it

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 01:21 PM
I started when I was 11, yes just to be cool, wish I had&#39;nt, it&#39;s not right that I&#39;m 26 and been smoking 15 years :(

I will and can give up cos I done it before, trouble is when I was gonna give up I tried cos I thought I ought to not cos I WANTED to :)
Thats the thing you see, if you don&#39;t want to it ain&#39;t gonna happen :)

I don&#39;t smoke to be cool, I did for a year or so but I do it cos I enjoy it, I&#39;m sure you guys all do something you enjoy that others don&#39;t, it&#39;s a fact of life, if we were all the same it would be a very boring world.................And if it were full of me it would be a fecking knightmare, I dunno how you lot put up with one of me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

lynx
09-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by pol@21 September 2003 - 13:19
fair point there Ad, cant think of anyone i know right now that started after they were 18.

@lynx and JPaul, did your hangovers get any easier when you gave up ?, im sure it must have summit to do with it
Hangover?
You mean that thing you get when you sober up?

Dunno, never tried it. :lol:

pol
09-21-2003, 01:26 PM
:lol: :D probably right lynx, prevention being better than the cure :rolleyes:

J'Pol
09-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pol@21 September 2003 - 14:19

Oh God yes - it makes a tremendous difference.

@ Jonno - I agree if you are in your own home or a public place where smoking is allowed then why not. But as you say you are willing to compromise if someone has breathing problems or whatever. It&#39;s about mutual respect and understanding the other persons point of view.

Adster
09-21-2003, 01:28 PM
yep tahts the problem Jonno we are all imature when where young and realate to peer preasure and think its cool but when you get older it just becomes a second nature and so addictive you end up doin git because your addicted as f*ck and can&#39;t stop The key is

TO STOP SMOKEING DON"T START

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Adster@21 September 2003 - 13:28
yep tahts the problem Jonno we are all imature when where young and realate to peer preasure and think its cool but when you get older it just becomes a second nature and so addictive you end up doin git because your addicted as f*ck and can&#39;t stop The key is

TO STOP SMOKEING DON"T START
That is good advice :)
And I agree whole heartedly :)

@Jpaul........yes m8 I do respect others especially with illness, this is a small wrld and we have to respect each other or there would be no friends.

Jonno B)

Billy_Dean
09-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by fr600@21 September 2003 - 21:19
Smoking gives a kind of satisfaction to your mind. You won&#39;t understand coz u don&#39;t have this habit. Even u you try once u won&#39;t get any satisfaction. Instad u will feel worse. Coz u don&#39;t this habit. I don&#39;t know why u ppl think its not good. May be because u just heard that smoking is bad for heath...lol
You&#39;ll be telling us next that it hasn&#39;t affected YOUR brain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don&#39;t believe in all this crap about smoking being enjoyable, it isn&#39;t, you are only pandering to an addiction that is hurting you.

To make an analogy; if you put a hand in a bucket of really hot water, and keep it in there until you can stand it no more, then put it into a bucket of cold water, the feeling of relief is enjoyable.

Putting your hand in hot water in not a good thing to do.

People who smoke, knowing it is harmful to their health, are stupid for doing it.

:)

Adster
09-21-2003, 01:47 PM
thats true but putting your hand in hot water isn&#39;t addictive :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@21 September 2003 - 13:39

To make an analogy; if you put a hand in a bucket of really hot water, and keep it in there until you can stand it no more, then put it into a bucket of cold water, the feeling of relief is enjoyable.

Thats very good Rikk and I fully respect your opinion :)

But............we smoke cos we want to, cos it helps to calm us when we stressed and cos we like it.
Many things harm us, we eat curry and it burns our mouth but we enjoy it :)

I will say tho that all these years of smoking has affected my health and totally shot my sense of smeel to shit, but it&#39;s my choice and I don&#39;t force it on others.

Jonno B)

Skweeky
09-21-2003, 01:53 PM
hmmm, come on, nothing as good as a nice cigarette after sex :D

no, I understand people who don&#39;t choose to smoke, it&#39;s a nasty habit afterall. I mean, it&#39;s not like it&#39;s fun waking up in the morning with a mouth that tastes like an ashtray :lol:

ps Jonno, what&#39;s the sig about? :huh:

DanB
09-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+21 September 2003 - 14:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 21 September 2003 - 14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@21 September 2003 - 13:39

To make an analogy; if you put a hand in a bucket of really hot water, and keep it in there until you can stand it no more, then put it into a bucket of cold water, the feeling of relief is enjoyable.&nbsp;

But............we smoke cos we want to, cos it helps to calm us when we stressed and cos we like it.

I will say tho that all these years of smoking has affected my health and totally shot my sense of smeel to shit, but it&#39;s my choice and I don&#39;t force it on others.

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
hear hear&#33;&#33;

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 01:56 PM
smoking is bad blah blah
everyone says it no one really cares
they do it anyway &#33;
one reason some people quit is because of money - its too expensive
they aint really caring about how it affects your health
most of my mates smoke - doesnt mean im going to though - i dont drink at all either :P im a good gal :)

*edit it does affect others cos they breathe it in :( coff coff *

Lamsey
09-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@21 September 2003 - 13:53
no, I understand people who don&#39;t choose to smoke, it&#39;s a nasty habit afterall. I mean, it&#39;s not like it&#39;s fun waking up in the morning with a mouth that tastes like an ashtray :lol:
There is the horrible, prolonged and painful death thing.

Quite a lot of anti-smoking campaigners are doing what they do because they don&#39;t want to see people that they like (or even love) dying in one of the most excruciating, horrific ways there is.

One of the lines I often get is "it&#39;s not all about you, I can smoke if I want to".
My response is "DAMN straight, it&#39;s not all about me. It&#39;s all about you not dying horrifically if you quit&#33;".

It&#39;s usually at this point that someone usually says "What would you know about it Lamsey, you&#39;re not a smoker and can&#39;t understand."

Well, I watched my grandfather die of lung cancer. I understand only too well what he went through. And I don&#39;t want that to happen to anyone else.

Adster
09-21-2003, 02:02 PM
yep same thing happ[ened to me watching my grandfather die of smoking he smoked for like 70 years eventuly got to him and lost his voice box smokers shoudl have seen him that would have made them quit

he was also the big reason I got into music bought me my guitar a week before he pasted away and all

Skweeky
09-21-2003, 02:05 PM
lamsey, I fully agree with you, it&#39;s terrible what cigarettes can do to you...BUT....there are many other things that increase the risk of cancer and no one ever talks about that like they do about cigarettes.
Eg. the pill and breast cancer, exhaust fumes and lung cancer(even more than nicotene and tar btw), walking in the sun and skincancer, alcohol and liver diseases,.... The list is long and I do agree that people HAVE to know what they&#39;re getting themselves into when they decide to smoke. But I also think it&#39;s a but hypocrit to pretend that cigarettes are the one big harmful thing. After all, a lot more people die in traffic every year and no one tells us to get rid of our cars....

(Did this make any sense, I have to get back in forum-mode) :lol:

TheDave
09-21-2003, 02:05 PM
my dad had to have a cancerus lump cut out of his tongue :x

J'Pol
09-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+21 September 2003 - 14:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 21 September 2003 - 14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@21 September 2003 - 13:53
There is the horrible, prolonged and painful death thing.

Quite a lot of anti-smoking campaigners are doing what they do because they don&#39;t want to see people that they like (or even love) dying in one of the most excruciating, horrific ways there is.

One of the lines I often get is "it&#39;s not all about you, I can smoke if I want to".
My response is "DAMN straight, it&#39;s not all about me. It&#39;s all about you not dying horrifically if you quit&#33;".

It&#39;s usually at this point that someone usually says "What would you know about it Lamsey, you&#39;re not a smoker and can&#39;t understand."

Well, I watched my grandfather die of lung cancer. I understand only too well what he went through. And I don&#39;t want that to happen to anyone else.[/b][/quote]
I couldn&#39;t agree more with what you say. For me there have been several losses, the one which affected me most tho&#39; was my Father, it was Emphysema (http://www.lungusa.org/diseases/lungemphysem.html#causes).

You really do not wish to watch this happen to someone. It takes years to happen, but the last few months are horrendous. On oxygen 24 hours a day, can&#39;t stand up or do anything for yourself and gradually waste away to nothing.

However if people chose to smoke then that is a matter for them. Just as it is a matter for you to tell them why they shouldn&#39;t do it. The main reason I stopped was the idea that my children were Much more likely to do it if I did. I also wanted to not only be at my youngest&#39;s wedding, but to also embarass her by my bad dancing as well. Not just sit quietly in a corner and wish that I could.

fugley
09-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Personally - I have recently take up smoking after I heard about it&#39;s many health benefits.

I have never felt better. My skin is more radiant than ever before (some say I look ten years younger) My food tastes more interesting and it has also worked miracles for me sex drive.

I&#39;ll make my point with a question: If man wasn&#39;t meant to smoke why would they put ashtrays in a Focus Zetec 1.8lx??? :blink: :blink:

J'Pol
09-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Great for weight loss too.

Though it can be really dramatic sometimes.

Billy_Dean
09-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@21 September 2003 - 22:48

Jonno B)
Has it ever occured to you that the smoking could be CAUSING your stress??

J'Pol
09-21-2003, 02:16 PM
http://usa.venus.co.uk/weed/agifs/images83/skull987.gif

The nicotine diet can have dramatic side effects

fugley
09-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@21 September 2003 - 14:14

There you go fatsos quit the cakes and take up fags&#33; (thats cigarettes by the way not giving it up the choccy speedway) :blink:

DarthInsinuate
09-21-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by fugley+21 September 2003 - 14:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 21 September 2003 - 14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@21 September 2003 - 14:14

There you go fatsos quit the cakes and take up fags&#33; (thats cigarettes by the way not giving it up the choccy speedway) :blink: [/b][/quote]
a month after my dad quit smoking he couldn&#39;t fit in any of his clothes

fugley
09-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+21 September 2003 - 14:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 21 September 2003 - 14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by fugley@21 September 2003 - 14:18
<!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@21 September 2003 - 14:14

There you go fatsos quit the cakes and take up fags&#33; (thats cigarettes by the way not giving it up the choccy speedway) :blink:
a month after my dad quit smoking he couldn&#39;t fit in any of his clothes [/b][/quote]
There you go it&#39;s a proven fact&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

internet.news
09-21-2003, 03:11 PM
I also did not already tried it. If some of my friends smokes,
I probably mention that it is not good for health, but finally it is up
to him or her to smoke or not. ?

thks.

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 03:13 PM
First I want to apologise if this has bought up old feeling about loved ones.
I watched Baz&#39;s dad die of lung cancer but I also watch my good friend die of a brain hemorrage.

We take risks with our lives every day, smoking does&#39;nt help lung cancer but it also does&#39;nt actually cause it.
I know people who have lung cancer that have never smoked.
My great grandfather smoked for 70 years and died of old age at 98.

But.......I do not condone smoking and if I see a kid smoking I tell them not to and try to stop them before it&#39;s too late.

@Billy.....Come on dude, this is me we&#39;re talking about, I don&#39;t get stressed :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho, I agree with you guys about it&#39;s not good, but then again.......what is good for us?

Jonno B)

Billy_Dean
09-21-2003, 03:45 PM
SEX&#33;

hobbes
09-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Nicotine is a demon best never known. Almost every smoker I know wants to quit. What a queer habit to have. Even if you really like to drink, you don&#39;t think about it in the morning and your work day is uneffected by the habit. You can do your work well, come home and enjoy a few beers. Ever watch a cigarette smokers who has to work through his break? Jittery, edgey, surley little twits they become.

Jonno is correct- Neophyte ex-smokers are terrified of smokers because they are afraid they will be lured back by nicotines siren song. So they make a big fuss.
Eventually, they will reach a point where they are no longer tempted, but the smell and irritation of the smoke will still disgust them.
On the other hand, people trying to quit are often mocked, tempted and teased by their smoking friends. If the person quits, these friends will feel like fools for not being able to do so.

As for morbidity related to smoking, only a small number get cancer (7-10%), but this gets most of the hype.
The bottom line is that every smoker will suffer from the addiction. JPaul mentioned emphysema, which is destruction of the lung. This may not kill you but it will leave you gasping at the smallest exertion, you will become wheelchair bound and oxygen dependent. That is not living. In addition, you will be much more susceptible to pneumonia which will probably kill you via respiratory failure (In other words, you will suffocate to death).
We have not yet mentioned vascular disease which effects all smokers. You will need bypass surgery for your heart, the blood supply to you legs will be diminished and walking will cause pain because you can&#39;t get enough blood to your feet to meet the needs. Your kidneys will function poorly, etc.
So count on it by the age of 60, a severe compromise in your quality of life will occur. Plus everytime you cough up a bloody one, the menacing spectre of cancer will be there.

Like most of you here, I have witnessed the struggle firsthand, by an intelligent and willful person. It took several years and finally a very unpleasant event occured which allowed her to break free for good. Quitting is an accomplishment to be proud of. Best of luck.

Billy_Dean
09-21-2003, 05:15 PM
I totally agree Hobbes, except one small point ...

Jonno is correct- Neophyte ex-smokers are terrified of smokers because they are afraid they will be lured back by nicotines siren song. So they make a big fuss.

This may be the case with some people, although I&#39;ve never heard it said. The main reason I&#39;ve heard is because they have realised how stupid THEY were, and the damage it was doing, and now see smokers in a different light. They also speak from experience, you should remember that.

hobbes
09-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Jonno asked: "What is good for us?"

Originally posted by Billy_Dean@21 September 2003 - 16:45
SEX&#33;

Do you people think this is funny? A joke? No, this true. I found an old post I made on the subject of sex.

Ladies and gentlemen please note the text in bold, if you read nothing else&#33;

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showto...55&hl=reproduce (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=10255&hl=reproduce) (source thread)

Women are made to reproduce. Everything is centerd around this. When their reproductive capacity wanes, their bodies board up shop and prepare for death. Boobs turn from glandular tissue to slack fat, the elasticity of the skin is lost and cottage cheese thighs ensue. Osteoporosis sets in and muscles atrophy. Death is not a passive process, but an active one driven by our DNA and influenced by our hormonal milieu.

At 20, women glow with vitality and are simply delicious. How many women over 50 can be seen as anything but grotesque. All these aging movies stars undergoing cosmetic surgeries to help simulate pre-menopausal youth, you can&#39;t fool mother nature.
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/janet-leigh/scansl/leighj/0leigh.jpg http://dvdscan.com/fog_2.jpg

Janet Leigh age 33 and 53. No offense to Ms. Leigh. I just happened to watch Psycho and The Fog a week apart and I couldn&#39;t believe in the change in just 20 years.

So ladies, if you are not having constant sex and replacing your hormones after menopause, you are killing yourself AND your husband (see below).

Men, why do we age and die? After all, we never stop producing sperm. Well the truth is, we just aren&#39;t gettin&#39; enough. The key to remaining useful is constant sex. It lets the body know that we are still productive members of society. Once impotence hits, either through lack of use, vascular disease, diabetes or surgeries which injure critical nerves. It all goes to hell in a handbasket.

So men, post this on your fridge and point to it everytime your wife is not "in the mood" and beseech her to reconsider in the name of your failing health.

Anyway, I don&#39;t have kids. Call me selfish but I enjoy the luxury of using the bathroom and not having someone jump in my lap screaming, "Daddy you are stinky&#33;".

PS: Don&#39;t read this too seriously, the post was not intended to be mean spirited. I only started on it because I found the quote to be amusing. I doubt the author meant it to read like that.

TheBigGfella
09-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Smoking is just plain crazy. It causes all manner of fatal diseases and costs a f***ing fortune. The sooner they ban it in public places in the UK, the better.

clocker
09-21-2003, 06:07 PM
hobbes,

You have raised prescience to an art form.

Of course, with tits like yours, I should imagine that getting laid is no problem....

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TheBigGfella@21 September 2003 - 18:05
Smoking is just plain crazy. It causes all manner of fatal diseases and costs a f***ing fortune. The sooner they ban it in public places in the UK, the better.
That is never gonna happen how ever much they say it might, you know why??

Cos it brings the Goverment a fortune, smokers make up something like 30% of the U.K&#39;s revenue, and they will never ban it simply cos they can&#39;t afford to <_<

What made me laugh was old Major said they were putting the price up to stop people smoking, yet a year later he was saying we have a smuggling problem................Duh :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

TheBigGfella
09-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Unfortunately, you are probably right, though on the other hand, it must be costing the NHS a fortune (though not as much as the revenue it brings in) to treat smoking related diseases.

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Just quit smoking &#33;&#33; surely it aint that hard :P

if i can quit bacon then you can quit smoking &#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Gemby, don&#39;t take this the wrong way but you are young, you don&#39;t smoke.................Don&#39;t ever start ok :)

You guys are all right, there is no good thing about it, it&#39;s merely a habbit.
I could be so much fitter and I may still have my sense of smell if I had&#39;nt started.

The funny things is, Tobbaco is Leagal, yet it is far more adictive than several Ileagal drugs.

I&#39;m not gonna be giving up any time soon, maybe cos I&#39;m stupid, maybe cos I&#39;m weak or maybe cos I don&#39;t want to, but I can tell you now.

I&#39;m 26, I get chest pains, I weeze at night, I cought heavily in the morning, I get out of breath quickly, I run up the stairs and I&#39;m knackered, I throw up when brushing my teeth...............All these are due to smoking

But I ain&#39;t giving up cos I don&#39;t want to yet, I think I am frightend of the change, and I do enjoy smoking so we will see.

Thats about the bottom line

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@21 September 2003 - 19:18

Jonno B)
cos stone cold says so ??? :lol:

bigboab
09-21-2003, 07:32 PM
I think they had to put an ashtray in the Focus to justify the price. :P

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 07:34 PM
why you lot hooked on focus ??? ;)

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;+21 September 2003 - 19:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gemby&#33; @ 21 September 2003 - 19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@21 September 2003 - 19:18

Jonno B)
cos stone cold says so ??? :lol: [/b][/quote]
What????http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/rock.gif

What what what what what what what what whathttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/rock.gif

316 hey Gemby ;) :D

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+21 September 2003 - 19:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 21 September 2003 - 19:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@21 September 2003 - 19:28
<!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@21 September 2003 - 19:18

Jonno B)
cos stone cold says so ??? :lol:
What????http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/rock.gif

What what what what what what what what whathttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/rock.gif

316 hey Gemby ;) :D

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
;) thats scary lol

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Ha Haaaa, something we have in common :D

Gimmie a HELL YEAH&#33;&#33;&#33;http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/rock.gif

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 09:22 PM
*hides in corner and rocks back and forth* :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@21 September 2003 - 21:22
*hides in corner and rocks back and forth* :blink:
:blink: Uh oh, no don&#39;t start that again :(

Look me dancing.....http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 09:31 PM
:blink: thats so cool :lol: dance jonno dance - &#39;&#39;just wanna dannnceee the niteee awayyyyy

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Me dancin&#39; me dancin&#39;

Me get the dance group in to........

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif

Hehe........Twisten the night awaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyyy :D

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 09:48 PM
we should make a boyband lol shouldn&#39;t be too hard :lol:

RGX
09-21-2003, 09:49 PM
gemby&#39;s a boy? :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by RGX@21 September 2003 - 21:49
gemby&#39;s a boy? :blink:
:blink:

Nahhhhhhh :D

She nice girl, she patted me on me head :)
Unless she was hitting me and just isn&#39;t very strong :P :lol:

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 09:53 PM
i meant me and jonno could create a band of boys - not be in it -

im not weak - just physically challenged ;)

RGX
09-21-2003, 09:55 PM
ahh, im sorry gemby, heres a flower :flowers:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 09:56 PM
But me&#39;s in a band............look under me avatar :D

You come be our manager or drummer or dancer.............or can you sing backing for Nikki? :D

Jonno B)

Lilmiss
09-21-2003, 09:56 PM
me wants to be in a punk band.
me can say "oi" and "letsgooo"

i wanna raaaaawwwwwwkkkk&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by RGX@21 September 2003 - 21:55
ahh, im sorry gemby, heres a flower :flowers:
ta very much heres a :swear: swearing man &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; yay

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@21 September 2003 - 21:56
But me&#39;s in a band............look under me avatar :D

You come be our manager or drummer or dancer.............or can you sing backing for Nikki? :D

Jonno B)
i cant sing - is humming good enough ??

my glass restricts any movement so i cant play instruments either :P

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Glass?? :blink:
ok you can hum :rolleyes: Bet you can sing the Crash test dummies album really well :lol: :lol:

@Lilmiss..........Yaaayyyyy, you come rockhttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/rock.gif

Jonno B)

hobbes
09-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@21 September 2003 - 23:06
Glass?? :blink:
ok you can hum :rolleyes:&nbsp; Bet you can sing the Crash test dummies album really well :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

@Lilmiss..........Yaaayyyyy, you come rockhttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/rock.gif

Jonno B)
Hobbes shuffles his feet.

Will there be earthquakes and great tidal waves?

Can she see back to the dinosaur days?

How can she foresee just by squinting at me and

Can she see me naked in her mind&#39;s eye?

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 10:11 PM
you trying to rub it in that i cant move my feet in this glass <_<

*sits there and looks cute * :rolleyes:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@21 September 2003 - 22:11
you trying to rub it in that i cant move my feet in this glass <_<

*sits there and looks cute * :rolleyes:
Ahhhhhh...........Glass :rolleyes:

Your avatar, sorry, missed that totally :rolleyes:

Awww, thats really cute :)
My cat Lulu was ill last week, she had to be on a drip for 26 hours :(

She better now tho :) .............cost me £130 :angry:

Bloody vets :angry:

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+21 September 2003 - 22:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 21 September 2003 - 22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@21 September 2003 - 22:11
you trying to rub it in that i cant move my feet in this glass&nbsp; <_<

&nbsp; *sits there and looks cute * :rolleyes:
Ahhhhhh...........Glass :rolleyes:

Your avatar, sorry, missed that totally :rolleyes:

Awww, thats really cute :)
My cat Lulu was ill last week, she had to be on a drip for 26 hours :(

She better now tho :) .............cost me £130 :angry:

Bloody vets :angry:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
my old rabbit called wizzer had to have her bits &#39;&#39;closed&#39;&#39; for £40 &#33;&#33;&#33;

and then her ear fell off bless

cutest darn rabbit i ever&#39;d seen

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 10:19 PM
My cat is 15.......heh same as you :blink: And she had a fright and buggered off, I found her 20 hours later curled up under a bush dehydrating herself thru shock, the vet said If I had&#39;nt found her she would have diedhttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/cry2.gif

Am I loosing my cool rep telling you this :blink:

Jonno B)

Lilmiss
09-21-2003, 10:20 PM
dont worry, me&#39;s the worst dancer ever.
i do the stirring thing while shaking me butt.
and me moshing and skanking leaves a lot to be desired. http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Lynne1977uk/funky_chicken.gif

me looks like a doofus...but i only dance when im drunk. :D

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by lilmiss@21 September 2003 - 22:20

me looks like a doofus..
Yuo joined the club too :)

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 10:25 PM
i dont need to dance to be a doofus :lol: yay

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 10:26 PM
So we all in the Doofus club then :D

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 10:28 PM
doofus&#39; together :) :lol: :P

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Do the doofushttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/EmoticonDancer.gif

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-21-2003, 10:31 PM
nanananananan nan na na na na na na na na

JONNO_CELEBS
09-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@21 September 2003 - 22:31
nanananananan nan na na na na na na na na
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/baby.gif

Jonno B)

sparsely
09-22-2003, 03:47 AM
this fucking thread.

now I have to smoke...
<_<

JONNO_CELEBS
09-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Well that&#39;s not very nice <_<

Plus that stament "This F***ing Thread" that does&#39;nt make sense, you have to add something to it like "sucks" or something :P

Jonno B)

Gemby!
09-22-2003, 08:22 PM
saying fucking isn&#39;t nice now is it ?? ...oh wait i just said it :huh:

dont confuse me

JONNO_CELEBS
09-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@22 September 2003 - 20:22
saying word isn&#39;t nice now is it ?? ...And I&#39;m just a inocent angel :)

That&#39;s what you should have said you naughty girl <_< :P :lol:

Jonno B)