PDA

View Full Version : Need a new seedbox $15-30

neevakee
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
So it looks like my seedbox company is going to lose my business due to the server being down for an excessive amount of time. I am looking for a seedbox between $15-30 and has at least 50GB of hard drive space, unlimited bandwidth and at least 4 torrents running. I know there are plans out there similar to this (I was on one of them), but am having a hard time finding them. Also I am in the USA so OVH is out of the option. Any help will be appreciated as I need to get this going by the 3rd.

sync
04-01-2009, 05:00 PM
OVH is not out if you use an OVH reseller.

I'm also in the USA. Most seedbox servers seem to be overseas and I found that FTP speed can be terrible with them.

Keep in mind that an unmetered account with slow torrent speeds will probably end up transferring less data than an account with fast speeds and a reasonable cap. No one is going to give you really fast speed and unlimited bandwidth for $15 - $30 a month.

redMonster
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
See the plans on seedhost.eu, seedplace.eu and fastsh.it

neevakee
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
signed up for a box at fsatsh.it. It was the best option for the money. I don't understand how they do it.

sync
04-02-2009, 05:09 PM
signed up for a box at fsatsh.it. It was the best option for the money. I don't understand how they do it.
Let us know how it works out. If you don't understand how they do it then I imagine there's a good chance they don't deliver on what they promise.

manu1991
04-02-2009, 05:38 PM
They resell server.lu boxes , genuine definitely , do post your experience here

neevakee
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I will make sure to post here when I get it and what I think of it.

Also sync when i meant i don't understand how they do it I really meant I dont understand why they sell it for so cheap.

sync
04-02-2009, 05:58 PM
neevakee, I knew that is what you meant.

Carlpb
04-03-2009, 03:45 AM

They do it by having 14 users on one server for their lower plans.

Six66Mike
04-03-2009, 05:49 AM
14 on our first server for 100gb, and it's no longer the case. We tested it, it failed, now the 100gb plans have half the numbers per box on different hardware (and those who remain on the first server will be moved in the future to the new servers). Other size VPS never had more than 7 users, some only had 4.

No ETA on setup though, been 2 weeks since we ordered a bunch of new servers and still waiting for them to come through (1 was given yesterday, not sure where the rest are). Will be phoning again today but not holding my breath.

amola
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
thank you

HaoYunng
04-06-2009, 01:23 AM
newbie question but... whats the difference between a dedicated server and a private server?

FransTormer
04-07-2009, 01:00 PM
newbie question but... whats the difference between a dedicated server and a private server?
Private server is usually a smaller (virtual) machine where hardware resources are very much below that of a dedicated server.

neevakee
04-10-2009, 12:49 AM
So I go the box today and I have a basic first impression.

So far so good. I really like the service and what I am getting for the money. However it comes at a price. I ordered the vps and it is not a simple setup process if you want to use the server in the most efficient manner (rtorrent+wtorrent) it takes a little bit of learning (it took me about 5 hours). Although they have their own forums and an irc channel which tends to always have someone on there who could help. However once the setup is complete it is amazing for the price, size and processing power.

They do have new plans which are just seedboxs and they are a bit cheaper and already come with some setup.

I will say though that it takes a fair amount of time for you to receive your box, but I think they are now on top of everything so waits should be less. I will write a full review after I have it for a week, but first impression is good.

sync
04-11-2009, 03:40 AM
How fast is your connection and what are you getting for ftp download speed?

neevakee
04-11-2009, 07:11 AM
How fast is your connection and what are you getting for ftp download speed?

A full review is on its way all questions will be answered. However as far as speed i have seen fast swarms at 7.6MBs so to answer your question very good. FTP well I have access to a connection master then 100 Mbit (university so no torrent traffic allowed) and it averages any where from 700-1100KBs and can do that across multiple connections.

Look for my full review in a new post in a few days.