PDA

View Full Version : New BT Lounge Section

RealitY
04-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Were looking for input and suggestions for this.

BTL Basic Layout

This section is for active members in the bt sections.
Feel free to discuss anything BT related in here.
Those logged in will be able to view threads.
Those meeting requirements will be able to post.
Requirements To Be Able To Post

Have been on the site 90 days.
Have 20 reputation points.
Have 500 posts on the site.
This is subject to change anytime.

Closing And Deleting Threads

In this section you are able to
Close or Delete your threads.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=4445&d=1198344800
We thought to have a bt section for regulars to post.
Not sure how this will do but should be interesting.
Thanks to those that contribute as much as they do.
May those that are able to post in this section enjoy it...

:) :)

Weve altered the requirements a bit now. We could also alternate the promotions now and then. That way the members without reputation would get access also. The promotion thats there is basic layout for now.

We could also have suggestion who should recieve access to the section. Perhaps have a poll and if say 50% or more agree they recieve access also. This way regulars that hadnt met the requirements would be able to be part of the section also. Think suggestions should meet the date and post requirements as a basic though.

Have been on the site 120 days.
Have 10 reputation points.
Have 250 posts on the site.

Intr4ns1t
04-02-2009, 05:43 AM
This is going to be a serious peanut gallery section huh? You can see it but not post unless you meet those requirements, so I only wonder how many threads are going to ooze over to the regular bt section? Beyond that, not a bad idea in my opinion.

bladesharp
04-02-2009, 05:47 AM
is that "Have 20 reputation points." really required !! :(

brightsid
04-02-2009, 05:51 AM
The 20 rep points requirement is more than unfair. Anyway I really cant understand the need of that part

Funkin'
04-02-2009, 06:00 AM
I think this is a great idea RealitY. But I gotta agree with the others, the 20 rep points thing should definitely be taken out. Most of us regulars do not care at all about rep points. I think the only ones that really care about these rep points are the traders?

I do think the 90 days and 500 posts rule is pretty good though. When you meet these requirements you're pretty much a "regular".

1000possibleclaws
04-02-2009, 06:13 AM
I guess it could re-invent rep points as being for giveaways instead of just for gauging trader's trustworthiness? :idunno: I dunno, I wasn't for that either at first..

Maybe it could change the stigma surrounding rep points that older members for the most part have.

pone44
04-02-2009, 06:14 AM
I also agree 20+ rep points will eliminate a lot of good members from meeting the requirements to post.

technodrome
04-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Everyone Can post any message, it's easy to reach 500 messages but rep points shows that you share what you got.. If you don't have that, it's mean you don't share so much, only post too much messages..

pone44
04-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Good luck to it.

killercam101
04-02-2009, 06:27 AM
This is going to be a serious peanut gallery section huh? You can see it but not post unless you meet those requirements, so I only wonder how many threads are going to ooze over to the regular bt section? Beyond that, not a bad idea in my opinion.

are you scared little girl? :cry: Ill hold you :naughty:

deadalive1
04-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Everyone Can post any message, it's easy to reach 500 messages but rep points shows that you share what you got.. If you don't have that, it's mean you don't share so much, only post too much messages..
Not all of us want to be recognized for giving invites out. A lot of people (like myself) rather search out good members and get to know them and THEN invite them privately to different sites.

Most of us don't ask or want "rep" points for doing something for another member if they are a quality person and would be an asset to any given site.

The 20+ rep point requirement (as said by others) will keep a lot of potentially good members out of this section.

technodrome
04-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Actually you're right man, i know there is a lot of staff leaders in here and they don't like giveaways.. Is that situation being trouble for an inviter?

smcewa11
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
500 posts will encourage spam. Like this but shorter.

Swift
04-02-2009, 07:05 AM
i say above 1000 posts :)

bilkenter
04-02-2009, 07:09 AM
I think this is a great idea RealitY. But I gotta agree with the others, the 20 rep points thing should definitely be taken out. Most of us regulars do not care at all about rep points. I think the only ones that really care about these rep points are the traders?

I do think the 90 days and 500 posts rule is pretty good though. When you meet these requirements you're pretty much a "regular".
agreed on it, if we are to make rep, i could get into stmusic or any sites that is easy to get invites too and distribute them here... Actually i dont do any more invites or wont since you can never be sure of their intentions till you get to know them. I agree with funkin here

integral
04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
So I have to now either trade or giveaway trackers in hope that I'll get rep points, to post in the section? Nice.

Sanka113
04-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Maybe it's a trap to disqualify people from joining those super leet sites that won't let you join for doing a giveaway. Maybe they just need to add another rep system for post made outside the giveaway and trading forums. You know, like for post people value, think that are funny, etc.

Villalltheway
04-02-2009, 07:43 AM
This idea has pretty much failed before it has even started. This notion of 20 rep posts should be scrapped, most of the good regular people in the bt section don't even have 20 rep points in the end if u stick this format u might as well call it the traders lounge where majority of people can't post to insult them.

Swift
04-02-2009, 08:08 AM
if you don't like it why are you so eager to see it ?

The Flying Cow
04-02-2009, 08:11 AM
1000 posts and 0 rep points more like.

The idea seems sound, depending on how people make use of the place.

Swift
04-02-2009, 08:14 AM

The idea seems sound, depending on how people make use of the place.

yes that's true :)

staff can remove at least to 5-10 reps and 1000+ post :whistling

Skiz
04-02-2009, 08:19 AM

And encourage members to spam the board? No thanks. :dabs:

The Flying Cow
04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
500 encourages spam just as much as 1000 does.

Spammers will be at it even if the BT Lounge isn't created.

bilkenter
04-02-2009, 08:22 AM
2 more to go, then quality spamming :yahoo: J/K

integral
04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I think removing the BT Rep requirement would be cool, although I don't think it's even in effect right now. Having two different rep systems isn't cool, since forum rep is silly to begin with.

Membership length requirement is good, number of posts is good as well. I can't see why people would start spamming like wild to get access, but with all the resident dreamers and wishers, it's definitely probable.

NippleCake
04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Staff could always pick members at their discretion to join the BTL section.. ..i know it would be quite an epic job but it is not hard to see who actually knows what they are talking about and isnt an immature idiot from those that are. Of course then there would be the problem of older members who arent so active perhaps missing out on the oppurtunity. You have to look at it both ways though, a high post requirement may encourage spam, but then again there is a fair bit of spam, which mods are strict on, if anything it will give tem more of a job to do which may cause a problem. But a high post count can also distinguish an experienced member of the board from a not so experienced member. rep points are also very tricky. Whilst i am against them, as i neither give out invites publicly or trade, They can show the value of members, although i am not sure on FST's opinion on people giving out any invites publicly just for the rep, imo in one way that could qualify membership to the BTL section or it couldnt. If you do not give out invites publicly or trade, then i tihnk it must be very difficult to earn rep points. This may well prevent many worthy members from joining the section.

My $0.02

TP635
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Good idea, but BT points should not be a requirement at all. I had in the past been given invites where the inviter did not want me to give BT points. Like wise I have given invites and don't want any points.
To prevent spamming; increase the membership periods requirement to 2 years

brightsid
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Probably I'm wrong but lounge is about mood and has nothing to do with number of posts or rep points

Lovestoned
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Same here, don't think BT reps should be a req.

Or posts count.

Would be great if staffs can manually select the regulars too.

Unstable1
04-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Whats the need for a high post count and rep points. I use this site every day, but don't post that frequently, but surely I'm still a regular.

I think you should remove the post count limitation, or seriously lower it, and remove the need for rep points.

phrenzy
04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm guessing that with the rep points its a BT trader Lounge.....

Swift
04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm guessing that with the rep points its a BT trader Lounge.....

you must be the smart one :blink:

pffm
04-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Whats the need for a high post count and rep points. I use this site every day, but don't post that frequently, but surely I'm still a regular.

I think you should remove the post count limitation, or seriously lower it, and remove the need for rep points.

You use the site everyday and certainly will continue, wont u?
I think if the goal here is to create something new, i guess the requirements are ok, i mean if u reduce both posts count and rep points then the section would become a normal section, and the point here is to create a new one, with new rules.

Just my opinion.

BOOM
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I liked the idea, except for the rep points requirement... it's unnecessary, imo :)

cinephilia
04-02-2009, 01:57 PM
rep points requirement would be a sacrilege.

Bone.W.Machine
04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm guessing that with the rep points its a BT trader Lounge.....Typical BCC thoughts eh...:fear:

By the way, I think this is a great idea, RealitY.
I'm not going to disagree about the rep points, you put them into the requirements for a reason. So I guess it has some kind of purpose. :photo:

Cabalo
04-02-2009, 02:59 PM
well, that's a section where i'll never be able to post.

and just when i thought no one really cared about rep points...

Disme
04-02-2009, 03:14 PM
well, that's a section where i'll never be able to post.

and just when i thought no one really cared about rep points...

Oh come on ... be a little inventive C ... you have a bunch of people that you know visit this place right. Just rep each other for being such nice guys and you'll have 20 rep-points in no time :whistling

Anyways ... the rep point thingie is pointless for me, and I won't enable it ever again. So I guess that section will be read-only for me :happy:

! TRADE !
04-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Try to trade to get 20 rep

and spame more to get 500 post

no_bother
04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
I dont meet either requirement, so I dont know. i dont like the rep points, but I dont mind the posts, but even 250-300 would be okay.

Albo Da Kid
04-02-2009, 03:30 PM
ust rep each other for being such nice guys and you'll have 20 rep-points in no time :whistling

easy as that... i still don't see why the 20+ bt rep rule though

ajsi
04-02-2009, 04:02 PM
after the recent fail of another fst bt lounge you have need to make a new one? :P

Charger
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
The 20 rep points is unnessecary because alot of active users dont even have that.

The 500 posts is actually a good idea IMO.

Unstable1
04-02-2009, 06:06 PM

You use the site everyday and certainly will continue, wont u?

Yes, of course I will continue to use the site. However, it feels somewhat unfair that I might be excluded from making full use of the new BT Lounge just because I don't meet the post count requirement. I have been a regular here for 2 years after all.

I think the post count requirement should be scrapped, or reduced to something like 100 posts.

BOOM
04-02-2009, 06:54 PM
If the reputation points thing persists, that section will be mainly full of traders :\

Most of the best FST members don't care about rep points and don't even have it enabled.

Swift
04-02-2009, 07:03 PM
i don't care about reps but still have 33 rep points :| and i'm not a trader !

kondrae
04-02-2009, 07:44 PM
scrape the rep requirement and bump up the time requirement to half year

respawn40
04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
BTL Basic Layout

This section is for active members in the bt sections.
Feel free to discuss anything BT related in here.
Those meeting requirements will be able to post.

Have been on the site 90 days.

Closing And Deleting Threads

In this section you are able to
Close or Delete your threads.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../attachment.php?attachmentid=4445&d=1198344800

We thought to have a bt section for regulars to post.
Not sure how this will do but should be interesting.
Thanks to those that contribute as much as they do.
May those that are able to post in this section enjoy it...

You accidentally added a few extra bullet points, so I got rid of them for you.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif

Villalltheway
04-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I see this lounge thing is up, anyway why do we need a btlounge thing dont we already have a lounge???

nemrac
04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
i don't care about reps but still have 33 rep points :| and i'm not a trader !

I agree. You don't need to be a trader to have rep points.

As for the requirements, 500 posts and 20 reps sounds go to me.

nemrac

puckface
04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I see this lounge thing is up, anyway why do we need a btlounge thing dont we already have a lounge???

Have you seen the lounge and the people in it? Theres your answer.

Cabalo
04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
500+ posts and 6 months here is more than fair enough.
adding the bt rep in the equation will mostly make it available to users that trade or do a lot of random careless giveaways.

or change the way bt rep can be given away. 95% of my rep was earned through people thanking some kind of help of mine, and back then it wasn't even allowed to be that way. if you change the scope people can earn rep, than for sure that section will earn more interested people, otherwise it's dead on arrival.

:shifty: words of wisdom.

LJ.
04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
lol 20 rep ?????????

epic fail

nemrac
04-02-2009, 10:03 PM
or change the way bt rep can be given away. 95% of my rep was earned through people thanking some kind of help of mine, and back then it wasn't even allowed to be that way. if you change the scope people can earn rep, than for sure that section will earn more interested people, otherwise it's dead on arrival.

That would be a great idea. Giving rep points for being useful would lend some credibility to the whole rep thing.

Nemrac

puckface
04-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, another voice here for getting rid of the rep requirement. Some people avoid rep like the plague, but that doesn't make them bad people to be in this section. Maybe 500-750 posts and 1 year member?? The 1 year makes it so people dont spam to get the post number that would happen if it were like 3 months or some shit.

Just throwin it out there.

The_Martinator
04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but what's the point of the BT lounge if I can see it, just cannot post in it? So there isn't so much spam?

cinephilia
04-02-2009, 11:43 PM
The 1 year makes it so people dont spam to get the post number that would happen if it were like 3 months or some shit.
yeah, i definitely agree with that.

ben99
04-02-2009, 11:47 PM
meh, 500 posts, i guess i dont spam enough

Villalltheway
04-03-2009, 12:45 AM

I know but im sure they all having a big laugh now, that people have to pussy away from the lounge. Just shows how great things are run round here that another lounge has to be set up because people are to scared to post in the real lounge.

Also i like to add i find it hilarious that Tesco the manager of this site even is laughing at the notion of this new lounge.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-bt-lounge-344601

BOOM
04-03-2009, 01:33 AM
the 1 year makes it so people dont spam to get the post number that would happen if it were like 3 months or some shit.
yeah, i definitely agree with that.
+1 ;)

puckface
04-03-2009, 01:41 AM

I know but im sure they all having a big laugh now, that people have to pussy away from the lounge. Just shows how great things are run round here that another lounge has to be set up because people are to scared to post in the real lounge.

Also i like to add i find it hilarious that Tesco the manager of this site even is laughing at the notion of this new lounge.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-bt-lounge-344601

dude, really. no one is afraid to post there, after you do once or twicw you find out that they all are a a bunch of self-important jackasses, who like to act big on the internets. I mean really you read some of that shit and its like middle school all over again. Cliques, innuendo and immaturity personified.

Also, as you surely know, most of them not dare post outside the lounge because they dont have all their school mates to back them up and make them feel superior and to call everyone else cunts. The worst part being, most of the older mods/admins excourage these people and make them feel even more empowered over all of us little people.

Thay are all a bunch of 12 year olds and who the fuck cares what they think or wants them. But what the hell do I know, im just a silly cunt.

kevinsert
04-03-2009, 02:07 AM

Have 20 reputation points.

500 Post means We are going to see lots of spam in these days oh gosh :dabs: :wacko: We still have enough spammers..

technodrome
04-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Mods will really busy :D

RealitY
04-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Weve altered the requirements a bit now. We could also alternate the promotions now and then. That way the members without reputation would get access also. The promotion thats there is basic layout for now.

We could also have suggestion who should recieve access to the section. Perhaps have a poll and if say 50% or more agree they recieve access also. This way regulars that hadnt met the requirements would be able to be part of the section also. Think suggestions should meet the date and post requirements as a basic though...

NippleCake
04-03-2009, 09:51 AM

We could also have suggestion who should recieve access to the section. Perhaps have a poll and if say 50% or more agree they recieve access also. This way regulars that hadnt met the requirements would be able to be part of the section also. Think suggestions should meet the date and post requirements as a basic though...

Looks good to me. Just wondering but what will the differences be between the BTL and the BT section.. ...more strictly moderated to lower spam? or are you creating a place that not any old joe bloggs can post in, kinda like a noob free zone. Dam i wish TakeMS was still here :cry:

RealitY
04-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Have added the ability for members to poll in those that dont receive access. The details are in a sticky in the section now. For now the section is a place where members have some additional privileges and would be posting amongst regulars on the site. Would think it likely at some stage the section would be closed from view to most on the site...

MiNiMAL
04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Good luck to it.

BOOM
04-03-2009, 11:06 AM

I've 9 bt points lol

danio
04-03-2009, 11:12 AM

I've 9 bt points lol

that means you need one more! :hint: :stuart:

The_Martinator
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
So far some ver l33t threads in that section. :D
I will trade my left ear for access, lol.

Anyway, I hope it goes well. I intend to stick around here and I wouldn't mind posting there once I fill the requirements (some day, lol). I just hope the right people will be there.

Imo, other users shouldn't even see the the section. I can always PM people posting there and that's what'll happen imo.

TP635
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I will be reading posts there, but will not be able to post.

Bone.W.Machine
04-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Wouldn't it have been smarter to keep the section hidden?
And once a member meets the requirements he/she will see the section.
This, in order to avoid spam. Now everyone knows the requirements and will most likely spam to meet them. :P

brightsid
04-03-2009, 05:34 PM
^ also a lot of 10x5 sh threads are coming :P

dupeactt3
04-03-2009, 07:54 PM
nice

Qlix
04-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I think you should reconsider the demands to be able to use this section. Reputation points says nothing what so ever.

sez
04-04-2009, 11:53 PM
I hadn't even noticed,what a ridiculous idea..seriously lmao...so what,is that section like SSL or something from tracker staff,omg do guys get swipe access?free [email protected] email ids?seriously though,maybe u would have upgraded this one to all those requirements and then create a new one where anybody even unregistereds could post,coz this as i see it is already a lounge and a much better one..am curious of the genius behind the idea..

NA_Magus
04-05-2009, 05:50 AM
I'd recommend removing the Rep requirement entirely. It invites excess trading activity. It's also an arbitrary rule that excludes many, even members that have been here for a few years now.

mievmo
04-05-2009, 05:00 PM
u can have rep p, not only woth trade, use ur brain :/

Federer
04-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I knew some guy that used to have 100+ rep here. Look how he turned out (in terms of this forums).

iNaru
04-05-2009, 05:04 PM
seems like it's gonna be a great lounge , anyway , 20 rep seems exaggerated a little bit