PDA

View Full Version : ds2000 Vs Kimsufi L

apextwin146
04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
i have too buy a seedbox for a friend cuz of 512kbps internet connections in India ..
Now can someone point out which is a better server in terms of speed out of these two (ignore the money constraints) ...
Trackers for benchmarking
ScT
Scc
PT
Norbits

Also is there a way to get these Server.lu servers without the setup fees ..
From the ScT forums i get a feel that the peering issue earlier plaguing the Server.lu isnt as prominent now

So gurus please guide me now :)

redMonster
04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Definitely server.lu DS 2000. It has guaranteed bandwidth, as in it cannot be capped to 8 mbps in case of Kimsufi L. I am myself thinking of getting a DS 2000 as soon as I find a reliable reseller. Six66Mike is one reseller, but currently he is not able to sell. Also DS 2000 has a better RAM and better processor (I think).

The only benefit you will have with Kimsufi L that most of peers on ScT and SCC are using OVH. So in that case most of the bandwidth will be local. It may increase speeds though I doubt this.

apextwin146
04-03-2009, 04:07 PM
is there a way to get these Server.lu servers without the setup fees?
Also do u experience a shitty lag in VNC(for indian users of OVH)?
One more shitty thing i noticed abt OVH back in the adys was that my server used to get screwed up while running more than 3 IRC scripts ..

theshadow1234
04-03-2009, 04:32 PM
There is someone. PM me.

I have a Kimsufi. Wanted the DS2000 but didn't get it. Will soon though.

Definately DS2000 is way better in Hardware. Not sure about Bandwidth but from the reviews, it's better than Kimsufi.

Thanks

redMonster
04-03-2009, 04:39 PM
is there a way to get these Server.lu servers without the setup fees?
Also do u experience a shitty lag in VNC(for indian users of OVH)?
One more shitty thing i noticed abt OVH back in the adys was that my server used to get screwed up while running more than 3 IRC scripts ..The only way to get without setup fees is to either buy for a whole year (which is unlikely) or buy through a reseller. I am currently using a Kimsufi L from seedplace.eu which is shared by two people. I don't experience any lag. Sometimes it hangs but it is only sometimes as I said. I am using BSNL DataOne connection.