PDA

View Full Version : Which tracker would fill my needs? (HD)

zelexir
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi there!

I'm looking for a new tracker that could fill my new needs. Until recently I've mostly downloaded xvids and tv-eps from torrentbytes and filelist, both of which I've been a member for 200+weeks. But now I've gotten myself a PS3 and a nice FullHD TV, so I seriously hunger for more HD material.

Since recently a member of hd-torrents.org but, the speeds are terrible (both ul/dl) for me in comparison to the other trackers I've had. On hd-t I've maxed 900kB/s dl and 700kB/s ul on TB 7MB/s dl and 5MB/s ul so there is a huge difference. This is probably because of the high amount of American users.

So the perfect tracker for me would:
* Be private (of course)
* Preferably Scene
* Dedicated HD, or _high_ amount of HD (movies, tv, musicvideos)
* High on european/swedish users (for the speed).
* Some freeleech and/or packs (not necessary)
* Not "impossible" to get in to.

So if anyone was kind enough to read through it all, do you have a clue as to where I would find my next home, so that when time comes, I can start keeping an eye on the giveaway section?

Bone.W.Machine
04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I would suggest SceneHD for you.

It's a private tracker.
They do only allow scenereleases.
Their staff and most of their users are swedish, so the speed shouldn't be an issue.
There are freeleech packs.
And it is not impossible to get into.

It's the perfect tracker for you. :P

zelexir
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
That sounds great! Thanks :D

Even if they were not in the WTAW list, I found a "review" in the thread, would you say if it's representative of how it is today? (it's a one year old post)
SceneHD review (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-trackers-offer-and-bittorrent-tracker-reviews-post2804170/postcount238)

jason1337
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
try these
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/04/awesome-hd-tracker-back-online-errors.html
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/04/hd-torrents-excellent-private-tracker.html

Bone.W.Machine
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
The site hasn't changed that much in a year, it's pretty much the same nowadays, except for some improvements. :P

zelexir
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
try these
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/04/awesome-hd-tracker-back-online-errors.html
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/04/hd-torrents-excellent-private-tracker.html

One of them I'm already a member of and it isn't doin great in my book (will probably drop it when/if I find a better one). The other seems new (quick google) but might be worth looking out for. Thanks!

Bone.W.Machine
Thank you, I will certainly look out for SceneHD invites, seem like it could be the one!

brightsid
04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
For hd releases you should consider that p2p releases are usually better than scene ones.

TheCoon
04-05-2009, 09:19 PM
bit-hdtv is a great hd content tracker

04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
bit-hdtv is for you m8 , id give you an invite if i had any

zelexir
04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
For hd releases you should consider that p2p releases are usually better than scene ones.

That would be because of size restrictions in scenereleases?

Mostly download 1080 for my 40" TV, so I havn't really seen a difference even though I've tested p2p releases.

On the other hand with p2p I can get a 720p release with seemingly no difference in image quality, that I can't do with scene releases that are a little smaller in size.

Bandwidth happily isn't an issue for me, (disk space is starting to be :frusty:) so 1080p is fine :D

Polarbear
04-05-2009, 09:29 PM

That would be because of size restrictions in scenereleases?

Mostly download 1080 for my 40" TV, so I havn't really seen a difference even though I've tested p2p releases.

On the other hand with p2p I can get a 720p release with seemingly no difference in image quality, that I can't do with scene releases that are a little smaller in size.

Bandwidth happily isn't an issue for me, (disk space is starting to be :frusty:) so 1080p is fine :D

it's not just the file size. p2p groups put more time and effort in the whole encoding process.

zelexir
04-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Polarbear:
Havn't thought of that, but it makes sense, not competing for release times etc.

Seems like from most answers SceneHD or bit-hdtv is the way for me to go. Thanks for the help!

technodrome
04-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Bit-HDTV off course :) also there is a few good trackers exist but non of them faster than bit-hdtv..

zelexir
04-06-2009, 05:22 AM
Hmm how hard is it to get a bit-HDTV invite comparing to SceneHD? Anyone who has a clue? And if it's a lot harder, would it be worth the hassle?

Unstable1
04-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Avoid scene if you can. They are shite at HD. You want to go for good internal release groups like ESiR and CtrlHD for instance. Scene=Crap.

PS. HDBits is the ultimate HD tracker. But as they're closed right now, you should try for BitHDTV.

Charger
04-06-2009, 07:36 AM
There is one HD tracker above all, and thats HDbits.org, that will fulfill all your hd needs, but its closed :/

Then stick with BitHDTV or scenehd. I think bithdtv is easier to get into.

Stranger99
04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
i am so jealous of guys from sweden alomost 1/5 of his is my DL speed :lol:
hdb is closed so ur best option is bit-hdtv if u need one invite pm me with some proofs :)

zelexir
04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
i am so jealous of guys from sweden alomost 1/5 of his is my DL speed :lol:
hdb is closed so ur best option is bit-hdtv if u need one invite pm me with some proofs :)

Yeah we are kind of spoiled here in sweden, at least in "larger" cities (that is 50000ppl+ :P).

Stranger99:
Would love to, however I guess that I haven't gotten PM priviledges yet :(
Will have to wait.

Samurai84
04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
you can try also Awesome-HD
5 stars

The_Martinator
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
As suggested BitHDTV is pretty good. I got speeds around 3-5 mb down when I used a seedbox there.

The best is HDbits, but it fails to get on your list cause it's impossible to get in atm.

Usually when the invites' system isn't closed it's not that hard to get there, though.

Funkin'
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I would get into Awesome-HD if they're still open. Eureka is an excellent group. And I'm hoping that site is really going to take off. You would really like Bit-HDTV too. That site has much better speeds than HD-Torrents(at least from what I've downloaded on both sites), and a lot of content.

But if you're really looking for scene releases than SceneHD should be your site. Extremely fast speeds and pretty easy to seed to.

brightsid
04-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately Awesome-HD open signup period just ended

whisky
04-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I think SceneHD is a solid pick. I know a lot of folks think the p2p groups are better, but I personally have no problems with scene releases. It is a fast tracker, with solid pretimes and a great ratio system.

Unstable1
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I think SceneHD is a solid pick. I know a lot of folks think the p2p groups are better, but I personally have no problems with scene releases.

Then you must be blind. Seriously, go see an optician.

Col. Skillz
04-07-2009, 08:59 AM
noones mentioned HDbits.ro yet? they're pretty good, got a lot of seeders. From what I can tell they get movies uploaded just about as fast the scene sites, and I've never had any quality problems with them.

aguynamedmike
04-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Thank you for the suggestions on HD sites. I am looking for such sites and am glad there are so many. Now the hard part: getting invited.

I think my post is somewhat related to the thread because I want to know which site is best for downloading with my new 50mbit/20mbit internet connection. I only need 720p movies if that helps. I only download 720p movies unless I miss Lost, and I have only used ThePirateBay usually so I'm not too picky, but want to have a fast and secure connection without all the spam.

Thanks and great forums here.

n00bz0r
04-28-2009, 03:37 PM
sceneHD is goin down.
Bit-HDTV is the place for you. Content, speeds are good, seeding is easy and its not 'impossible' to get into. :)

zelexir
04-28-2009, 04:06 PM
sceneHD is goin down.
Bit-HDTV is the place for you. Content, speeds are good, seeding is easy and its not 'impossible' to get into. :)

I hope so, been trying to get in, with some difficulties. Looking forward of getting in though :)