PDA

View Full Version : http://www.digicube.fr/

Hajah
04-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi,

Has anyone any experience with these dedicated servers?

Based in France, not much info on their website, but the server specs are cool for 35Eur/month...

Seems fishy to me, but... anyone tried them already??

Thanks in advance

theshadow1234
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey Not Bad....
http://pic.phyrefile.com/t/th/theshadow1234/2009/04/06/EasyCapture1.bmp (http://img.phyrefile.com/theshadow1234/2009/04/06/EasyCapture1.bmp)

Hajah
04-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Yes, prices are good, and that Digi Large is just begging to be used!!!

Still after more reading/translating, they only rent the servers to french individuals. You'd need an address there, AT LEAST.

I've send them an email... still waiting for an answer!

bilkenter
04-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Yes, prices are good, and that Digi Large is just begging to be used!!!

Still after more reading/translating, they only rent the servers to french individuals. You'd need an address there, AT LEAST.

I've send them an email... still waiting for an answer!
dont tell me it is 1 gb connection there, geez such lucky guyz, i want that large one 2 xD i can buffer like hell with it! xD buffer monster xD

Six66Mike
04-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Why are all the cheapest & fastest in France and why do they have limited sales range? :(

fullparty
04-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Bad news, only for france citizens :ermm:

bilkenter
04-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Bad news, only for france citizens :ermm:
geez u just reminded me of a friend whose is in france thanks to erasmus... xD I will ask him to order one for me xD thank you friend xD

TheAllusionist
05-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Sorry for the bump, but was there any development with this? Should one assume that they are a scam, or legitimate company?

Did anyone try and use one for a seedbox? :whistling

Mendieta
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Did anyone try and use one for a seedbox? :whistling
Yeah.
But I used the server to host a website too, with some continuous high traffic, and this difficulted a little to get great speeds on torrents.

During the night, at least on some "no movements" days on the site, even doesn't using too much the server, I'd seen peaks of 8 ~ 9 MB/s during a download of 3 ~ 5 MB/s.

Ordered the second option of server, through a relative who lives on FR...
But, I don't know if they take TOS seriously (if anyone could say if it's "safe" to use it only for torrenting, it'll be better to help you), but yes, it's a great service, if used only for a box... At least, that's what I think about their services! :happy:

Hope to have helped... And sorry for the English! :wacko:

TheAllusionist
05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the information. The reason I ask, is because it's very tempting for the price.

I suppose I have to find a reseller to try though, but I'm thinking of trying to get the smallest one to test.

How would you rate other aspects? (set-up time, is there a set-up fee, hardware, staff support, bandwidth) Specifically with the bandwidth, what is the highest steady upload you saw?

Thanks again!

Mendieta
05-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the information. The reason I ask, is because it's very tempting for the price.
Mainly reason for me start thinking in reorder a server of them, but at this time it'll be only for bittorrent usage...
But they're not my first option, even had good experiences with them.

Specially to save my poor laptop with no shut downs for almost a month! :P

I suppose I have to find a reseller to try though, but I'm thinking of trying to get the smallest one to test.
It's more easy to find a OVH reseller, specially with a good amount of the members of most trackers using their services, and in their plans the bandwith of OVH-to-OVH being higher than OVH-to-Internet...
Server.lu have great servers too, with a good reputation, and they have directly PayPal support.
Leaseweb offers an awesome service (at leasy, in my opinion of a past costumer) for a good price, supports paypal and their support is really fast! The problem with them is the bandwith limit, but if you're not a "seed whore" (lol), is a real good choice!

The question about the one to chose is, obviously, the price... Of course there are other and even better options.
Make your homework, ask for some friends, research, see here and on the foruns of the trackers that you're a member and make your choice.

How would you rate other aspects? (set-up time, is there a set-up fee, hardware, staff support, bandwidth) Specifically with the bandwidth, what is the highest steady upload you saw?
To host a website, it's great! ;)
For torrenting, even doesn't making a several usage of the server to it, didn't had any problem with them.
On e-mails of contacts pre-order and all about the order, they'd show a high level of professionalism.
About the support, I didn't contacted, so I can't say anything about it.
Server up and ready to use with less than one day, so . Don't know if it's the commom practice, it was really impressive...

They have a contact e-mail for pre-order questions... French only, but Google translator may help you with that.

Thanks again!
You're welcome! Glad to help.

And sorry again for the English... :dry:

oklahomasucks
01-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Are these guys really unlimited, unlike OVH (FR) which started capping to 3TB?

Rilly
01-09-2010, 01:18 AM
If only there was a reseller for them!

dance4
01-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Are these guys really unlimited, unlike OVH (FR) which started capping to 3TB?
Old OVH servers are still unlimited. What Xirvik is writing about capping is just not true because their servers are from the 2009 offer which was limited but they did not inform their clients about it.

phauk
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
It's a shame they will only sell to certain people, but do what you do with ovh? get a reseller?

rapidspeeds are one reseller I know about that sells their products.

But yeah, they even kick OVH ass' especially with No set-up fee and unlimited bandwidth.

The one problem is the O/s are french, so you will need to re-do it to english yourself.

frankjack
11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi,

Has anyone any experience with these dedicated servers?

Based in France, not much info on their website, but the server specs are cool for 35Eur/month...

Seems fishy to me, but... anyone tried them already??

Thanks in advance

I want to emphasis that despite the promising promo campaigns I would not recommend anyone to use services of this provider. My experience with it is very poor. I was not satisfied with the service level so I decided to change the provider, but they charge me again and again even though I do not use their services and I e-mails the support to stop further charging of my card.

Thelen
11-27-2011, 06:02 AM
They are the cheapest and crappiest source of bandwidth out there, but not bad in france. Order direct, no need for reseller.

But I'd rather 1 month of OVH than 2 months of digicube.