PDA

View Full Version : Flaskmpeg

headtrip21
09-21-2003, 08:28 PM
hey all, im new to encoding ripped dvds and ive been having good luck making divx movies from dvds until i tried bulletproof monk. i am able to start the encoding process fine, but when i reach 2:05 into the movie the encoding stops. i have tried encoding it with Xvid and the latest version of divx (5.1).. does anyone have any ideas as to why it stops prematurely?

-rich

asmithz
09-21-2003, 08:30 PM
I think you need damon tools. goto dvdrhelp.com for help on that subject

muchspl2
09-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by headtrip21@21 September 2003 - 21:28
hey all, im new to encoding ripped dvds and ive been having good luck making divx movies from dvds until i tried bulletproof monk. i am able to start the encoding process fine, but when i reach 2:05 into the movie the encoding stops. i have tried encoding it with Xvid and the latest version of divx (5.1).. does anyone have any ideas as to why it stops prematurely?

-rich
is the disc scratched or maybe a finger print?
if its the same point has to be it

try dvd decriptor
it pull the vob from disk to hd, might skip the bad part

headtrip21
09-22-2003, 05:47 AM
no, the VOB is perfect. so was the disc. using powerdvd or actually watching it thru flask it's fine. it only stops when i encode it. could there be some kind of bug in the software? i ripped it first with cladDVD, then i tried smartripper.. i get the same problem. i can watch the VOB just fine, no errors or anything. its just when i encode it the movie when it stops at the point.

4play
09-22-2003, 05:53 AM
try using xmpeg instead it is just a beta version of flaskmpeg but with yuv turned on it will encode much faster.