PDA

View Full Version : How to contact what.cd admin?

science
04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi guys,

Today I tried logging in to my what.cd account and I found it had been banned due to breaking rules. I don't think I broke any rules, but I live on a shared IP (school residence) and think there might have been a mixup. I saw that sexten is a member here, but I can't PM him. I also never set up my IRC account so I can't ask there. I just want to find out what happened to me, and if I did break a rule I will drop it at that, but I have 20gigs uploaded and about 5 down, so I am hoping this is a misunderstanding and that I can get it back. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

yayyyyyy
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
irc.what.cd

#what.cd-disabled

no need to have anything setup previosly

PS: why don't you post with your real nickname here?

science
04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the linkage.

What do you mean with my real nickname?

F-Sicx
04-08-2009, 08:51 PM
damn mate...are you on scc?...cuz he is on scc as well... but i will send your thread to him right now...see what happens

science
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
No I am not, but thanks for the passing on

sexten
04-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Join #what.cd-disabled at irc.what.cd and talk to me.

dislodge112
04-10-2009, 12:48 AM
sexten, i was banned from the disabled chatroom after trying to figure out why i got disable, any chance you could let me plead my case to you? (nickname: mahandler)

science
04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi Sexten,

I chatted with the_e_male and was banned from the chat. Turns out I was stupid and fell for a trick of someone I had invited in the past and gave them a second account. the_e_male didn't believe me and then banned me. I'm telling the truth here as I would never want to jeopardize my account, as I was a power user and had a very good ratio. If you could please read over the chat logs and make a decision for yourself (my chat username was science), I would be greatly appreciative. I suggested to the_e_male that I could come back on probation without invites or something, so I can't make the same mistake twice, but he seemed like he didn't want to talk.

If you don't want to look through the logs for my specific chat sessions, I can send them to you. And if you don't want to read them at all and go with the_e_male's decision, then that is fine, I can't sway you.

Thanks in advance if you help me out, and if not, I enjoyed the site vastly while I was on it, and I won't take my invites on other torrent accounts for granted.

-science

sexten
04-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Hello.

I was monitoring your chat with the_e_male and I'm afraid I'll have to side with the_e_male. I hope you will be more careful with your invites on any other site in future. Good luck.

science
04-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Ok, thanks again.

science
04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
There is something on my mind that I want to get off though. I think you are dealing with this wrong. I'm no longer trying to get my account back, but I think you should consider this for the future.

When someone breaks the transcode rule, do you ban them? No, you just take away their uploading privileges and give them a warning, because it is usually a mistake. I invited someone who was already a member, and it was a mistake. Instead of getting a warning and my invites taken away, I was banned. I think the punishment doesn't fit the crime. You don't sentence someone to death for stealing a candy bar, so why have the same punishment for someone who faked their stats and someone who made a mistake? Especially the fact that I had been on the site since it was started and never had any other problems, had a good ratio and even bought a seedbox so I could seed my torrents while I was away at university.

I think you guys should look over your rules and maybe make some changes or exceptions. If I had an account for a week and invited someone twice, once right after another, then I would agree, that is a member you don't want on your site if they are just going to bring it down.

Anyways, I'm not asking for my account back because you seem pretty set on not having me back, but I needed to get this off my chest, and if there are any other what.cd members that are reading this, they should know what will get them a ban and what will get them a warn.

1000possibleclaws
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Well you invited the same guy twice... something sketchy is obviously going on, whether he fooled you into giving him another invite or you knowingly helped get him back in. What they did makes sense, to at the very least show the importance of knowing who you invite.

Just my 2 cents; I learned this long ago, and lost an account (at x264, which also apparently bans FST users as well though) in the process

science
04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Well you invited the same guy twice... something sketchy is obviously going on, whether he fooled you into giving him another invite or you knowingly helped get him back in. What they did makes sense, to at the very least show the importance of knowing who you invite.

Just my 2 cents; I learned this long ago, and lost an account (at x264, which also apparently bans FST users as well though) in the process

What happened was I had re-invited a member I had invited a very long time ago, and didn't check to see if his account had been baned before giving him an invite for his "brother". It was stupid on my part to assume my own friend wouldn't try and trick me, so I am going to be incredibly careful with my invites on all other sites from now on, and less trusting of even friends.

riptor
05-07-2009, 12:02 AM
No I am not, but thanks for the passing on

Are you guys on a ban spree, why was i just suddenly disabled.

Stellar
05-07-2009, 12:06 AM
riptor, contact someone on What's IRC channel and they'll tell you what happened.

riptor
05-07-2009, 12:11 AM
riptor, contact someone on What's IRC channel and they'll tell you what happened.

The IRC chat room seems to be dead, there is no one in there, maybe i did it the wrong, i am using Mirc, check it and see if there is anyone in there for me please.

I think it was disabled due to inactivity, i had to reformat my drive 2 weeks ago but didn't seed in for a while, i hope they can reinstate it.

Stellar
05-07-2009, 12:29 AM
You need to wait there for a while until your question is answered.

In the meantime, maybe PM a staff member here as well.

cinephilia
05-07-2009, 12:33 AM
There is something on my mind that I want to get off though. I think you are dealing with this wrong. I'm no longer trying to get my account back, but I think you should consider this for the future.

When someone breaks the transcode rule, do you ban them? No, you just take away their uploading privileges and give them a warning, because it is usually a mistake. I invited someone who was already a member, and it was a mistake. Instead of getting a warning and my invites taken away, I was banned. I think the punishment doesn't fit the crime. You don't sentence someone to death for stealing a candy bar, so why have the same punishment for someone who faked their stats and someone who made a mistake? Especially the fact that I had been on the site since it was started and never had any other problems, had a good ratio and even bought a seedbox so I could seed my torrents while I was away at university.

I think you guys should look over your rules and maybe make some changes or exceptions. If I had an account for a week and invited someone twice, once right after another, then I would agree, that is a member you don't want on your site if they are just going to bring it down.

Anyways, I'm not asking for my account back because you seem pretty set on not having me back, but I needed to get this off my chest, and if there are any other what.cd members that are reading this, they should know what will get them a ban and what will get them a warn.
you seems honest and sincere, i feel sorry for you.
hope you'll find a good replacement.

riptor
05-07-2009, 12:37 AM
You need to wait there for a while until your question is answered.

In the meantime, maybe PM a staff member here as well.

Well i just pm'ed sexten, so lets see, i haven't done anything wrong or else i wouldn't be wasting my time being here, the people i've invited have been invited over a month ago plus i haven't made any comment recently, the only thing i can recall is not being on the site for a while.

I did got through to them, but my god are they real assholes, serious authority abuse, they say i got banned for inviting a cheater.

BlackKnight
05-07-2009, 03:20 AM
hello riptor if I were you I wouldn't say the staff are assholes. You should be nice so you may have some chances :)

bilkenter
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
hello riptor if I were you I wouldn't say the staff are assholes. You should be nice so you may have some chances :)
be nice to raise your chance of getting your account back? nah never, i only respect for its own sake nothing more. Also i think, it is quite pathetic too especially if you actually expect something when you intend to be nice. be nice for its own sake, or dont bother, also unlimited invites are everywhere, you can check demonoid for what interview to take on irc too. BTW blackknight, i have no doubt that your intentions are pure, yet the idea of handling this issue seems quite gross to me, my opinion. Yet he is right though.

riptor
05-08-2009, 01:00 AM
But on a serious note i am not saying these people are assholes just because they didn't let me back in, it’s just the way they handled the situation, there was about 10 people waiting there for a mod for almost one hour, and it’s almost like you get the feeling they want you to beg and kiss their shoes to have your account back, and no there is a 90% chance you will never get back your account 4 users where kicked and banned permanently before me, none was reinstated, the user before me lost his because it was stolen and the only thing the mod said was "better luck next time" then disconnected.

According to the asshole I invited a cheater, I didn't even know you could cheat on a god damn torrent site. A bloody torrent site where you share pirated music banning me for inviting someone i have no control over. Hypocritical if you ask me, when What.cd have open sign ups can they tell if the user who is about to sign up is a terrorist, faggot, rapist....cheater!, No, so why ban me over an invite given months ago out of generosity, isn’t the whole idea called P2P sharing, the more people the better.

This is what normally happens when a torrent site gain status, I was with these people from the beginning when they literally begged to join their site, look up my stats that’s if it’s still there and tell me if i look like i would be affiliated with cheaters "riptor" god damn authority abusing losers.
Rant out.

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Aren't all pirates terrorists? I could swear the RIAA & MPAA said so...

It's a pity that you lost your account, and that things ended like that, but at the end of the day, it's their site, their arse on the line, and they can add / ban / delete / promote / cuddle / tickle anyone they like.

There are other music trackers out there, maybe you'll find your luck elsewhere. It's not the end of the world.

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 01:11 AM
But on a serious note i am not saying these people are assholes just because they didn't let me back in, it’s just the way they handled the situation, there was about 10 people waiting there for a mod for almost one hour, and it’s almost like you get the feeling they want you to beg and kiss their shoes to have your account back, and no there is a 90% chance you will never get back your account 4 users where kicked and banned permanently before me, none was reinstated, the user before me lost his because it was stolen and the only thing the mod said was "better luck next time" then disconnected.

According to the asshole I invited a cheater, I didn't even know you could cheat on a god damn torrent site. A bloody torrent site where you share pirated music banning me for inviting someone i have no control over. Hypocritical if you ask me, when What.cd have open sign ups can they tell if the user who is about to sign up is a terrorist, faggot, rapist....cheater!, No, so why ban me over an invite given months ago out of generosity, isn’t the whole idea called P2P sharing, the more people the better.

This is what normally happens when a torrent site gain status, I was with these people from the beginning when they literally begged to join their site, look up my stats that’s if it’s still there and tell me if i look like i would be affiliated with cheaters "riptor" god damn authority abusing losers.
Rant out.
Best is not to care at all, there are power-hungry hippos everywhere, yet gotta admit there are also some nice guyz there, at least there were anyway, maybe there still is, not a member so dunno really. Still dont care mate, move on, it is not like there are not any other substitutes, waffles is a lot better compared to what in terms of staff, take your chance there, if that doesnt work, another and another, we are the ones who actually give them power, we can as well take it back.

One of the good things regarding high lvl trackers is that they dont ban you for most cases, you dont get banned for bad ratio, or you dont get banned because someone used your pass key in a shared seedbox to fake upload 1 tb, because it is not your fault, anyway they hear you out at least.

cinephilia
05-08-2009, 02:00 AM

Rant out.
i share your pain riptor, really.
you know, many staffers let power go to their head and enjoy acting tough online towards people like you - who are blatantly honest and sincere - just because they're "noobs".
oh and about staff idling and waiting for people to beg, you're 100% right on this one as well. many times i've seen staffers talking on the main chan while some users were waiting for help and are completely lost in the support chan.

anyway, at the end of the day, it's their site... there's nothing you can do but i empathize with you.

BlackKnight
05-08-2009, 04:31 AM
when I said you shouldn't say that because I think What staff are good, or at least sexten is the person knows what is right or wrong. My What account was disabled there, and not just one time but twice. Both of the time I went to IRC, I talked to staff right after I joined the channel and could manage to get my account back. I also felt angry somehow but then I saw they actually listen to members (and I was really a noob at that time).

So from my experience, I can totally understand how you feelm riptor. You were a long time member and got disabled for an invite given months ago, it's too harsh for you. do you remember when did you invite that cheater? how many months already?

sexten
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I regret for replying to the PM you sent me, if I had read this thread I wouldn't have bothered. You were banned for inviting TWO cheaters and the attitude you're showing here just proves this was a correct decision. Feel free to keep running around calling us assholes for something YOU did, but at least provide some decent arguments for it. "I had to wait in a room with 10 other people" is not a valid argument, especially considering there was not 10 people waiting, they were mostly staff members.

riptor
05-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I regret for replying to the PM you sent me, if I had read this thread I wouldn't have bothered. You were banned for inviting TWO cheaters and the attitude you're showing here just proves this was a correct decision. Feel free to keep running around calling us assholes for something YOU did, but at least provide some decent arguments for it. "I had to wait in a room with 10 other people" is not a valid argument, especially considering there was not 10 people waiting, they were mostly staff members.

Now now, how would you know that there was not 10 people waiting when i was there, goes to show you just sitting there a wait for people to beg like a fool, contradicting isn't, and i did see you idling in the chat room along with the others, stop abusing your authority you god damn loser.

"two cheaters" even exaggerating too, two cheaters wow, is that the best you got, i can just imagine the fat loser siting behind his desk just waiting to bust a nut while hitting the ban button.

So if you regret replying my pm due to your god complex, why did you bother reply to me here, face it you are all power hungry ass holes, no matter i just got back another account, so piss off i don't need your help.

PS. Its very satisfying to see you disgrace yourself like the loser you are.

sexten
05-08-2009, 09:15 PM
If you by "god complex" mean "taking care of the legitimate users of the site" I thank you for your kind choice of words.
Yes you got disabled for inviting 2 cheaters, just as I would disable anyone else inviting 2 cheaters, don't like it? Don't understand why this is bad for any private tracker? Find another site to play around with.
Enjoy your "new account".

I guess this also proves I was wrong in believing helping FST-users would be a good thing to do. So, good luck to you all, I won't be around to help you anymore.

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Can't we all just get along? There is no need for that foul language riptor, no matter how disappointed you are.

And it's a pitty that an admin of a popular site leaves just because of this, I hope you reconsider sexten.

Seriously, I rather see us all unite against the common enemy, content lobby group mafia that is making life difficult for all of us. :)

LubTheStaringCat
05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
If you by "god complex" mean "taking care of the legitimate users of the site" I thank you for your kind choice of words.
Yes you got disabled for inviting 2 cheaters, just as I would disable anyone else inviting 2 cheaters, don't like it? Don't understand why this is bad for any private tracker? Find another site to play around with.

I guess this also proves I was wrong in believing helping FST-users would be a good thing to do. So, good luck to you all, I won't be around to help you anymore.

"sexten"I have a What.CD account grant you I may not always use It, but enjoy being a member of What.CD.
Don't consider all the members of FST to be of the same opinion as "riptor"just because he Is being an arswip.
Your help Is valued, as Is all What.CD staff help.
Don't make a snap judgment because of one persons opinion, All members of FST bar the odd few I would consider to be reasonable people

IdolEyes787
05-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Hypocritical if you ask me, when What.cd have open sign ups can they tell if the user who is about to sign up is a terrorist, faggot, rapist....cheater!, No, so why ban me over an invite given months ago out of generosity, isn’t the whole idea called P2P sharing, the more people the better.

Rant out.

Very telling that you equate "faggots"( the word is gays or homosexuals btw fruitloops ) with rapists and terrorists.
You will notice that I gave you an infraction for the other post but it is really reflective of this .The other can be passed off as bad judgment due to anger and frustration.Using the term faggot is just mindless bigotry not far removed from racism and isn't going to be tolerated here .

You're decision to make but I would still like to apologize that you had to read that drivel here.

cinephilia
05-08-2009, 10:53 PM
oh the drama...

lysine
05-08-2009, 11:29 PM
if you google riptor's msn address, you'll notice that a handful of his accounts on various message boards are banned. seems like a bad user all around to me...

riptor
05-09-2009, 12:17 AM

Do you see the type of dumb illiterate fools running the site over at What.cd, he now wants to punish an entire site for the rant of a single user who speaks the truth, this is the type of handicapped people who you know gets off on the ban button... definitely, what a sad sad person, even replied a second time to a no body like me, I'm not even considered a member of your site.

As for the so called banned for invitation of cheaters “over two months ago”, do you really think i by that load. Worst excuse you can come up with, I know the real reason why you banned people with high stats.
Desperate for ass kissing, go stick your head in a pit no one cares about your help.

"sexten"I have a What.CD account grant you I may not always use It, but enjoy being a member of What.CD.
Don't consider all the members of FST to be of the same opinion as "riptor"just because he Is being an arswip.
Your help Is valued, as Is all What.CD staff help.
Don't make a snap judgment because of one persons opinion, All members of FST bar the odd few I would consider to be reasonable people

Sweet ass kissing, if he is willing to punish an entire site what does that tell you, Have some god damn dignity.

if you google riptor's msn address, you'll notice that a handful of his accounts on various message boards are banned. seems like a bad user all around to me...

That was a worthless shot, thanks for dedicating your time to me, its something you will never get back.

Mister Moo
05-09-2009, 12:35 AM
This reminds me of OiNK. One time I jokingly insulted one of the moderators, in response he banned me. XD. The point is that sites like what.cd that have HUGE user bases and as a result are often filled with heavy handed moderators. If you value your account, don't post in the forums, don't offend anyone, and only invite people you trust. AKA not random people on FST.

riptor
05-09-2009, 12:47 AM
This thread made my day, a friken Admin for What.cd called it quits out of shame and disgrace.

This reminds me of OiNK. One time I jokingly insulted one of the moderators, in response he banned me. XD. The point is that sites like what.cd that have HUGE user bases and as a result are often filled with heavy handed moderators. If you value your account, don't post in the forums, don't offend anyone, and only invite people you trust. AKA not random people on FST.

In other words pure ass kissing ! right.

I find this post quite ironic, as I've tried to make out a deal with FST several times, but guess who is being ignored? Fine by me, but then you can't complain when you get banned for trading in here (no we don't ban people for just being a member/staffer).

I've made a deal with about every "trader forum" of some size that I know of, FST is the only forum refusing to make a deal. So the problem is not at "our" end, it is at "your" end.

This is the type of losers ass you been kissing, clearly doesn't support this site, his post is filled with nothing but being a douche bag, and obviously wanted nothing to do with this site from the get go, word of advice never support people like that.

Go dig up the real culprit post and stop worrying about me getting banned from crummy gametrailers.

LubTheStaringCat
05-09-2009, 01:49 AM
There just a shad over 96,000 members of What.CD. "Mister Moo" Is accentually correct.

I know It's something you can't see, but look from the point of What.CD.
They have a large userbase you have to cut out the dead flesh, I know about Inviting bad sorts to sites.
A while back I Invited someone to BCG the account was disabled for account trading, I got a fifty gig penalty and eventually my account got disabled because of It.

Your not doing yourself any favors m8, a word of advice just move on.

We've all did stupid things the BCG story Is an example.

Remember What.CD have the ear of other tracker admin's and there staff, you don't.

Villalltheway
05-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Very telling that you equate "faggots"( the word is gays or homosexuals btw fruitloops ) with rapists and terrorists.
You will notice that I gave you an infraction for the other post but it is really reflective of this .The other can be passed off as bad judgment due to anger and frustration.Using the term faggot is just mindless bigotry not far removed from racism and isn't going to be tolerated here .

You're decision to make but I would still like to apologize that you had to read that drivel here.

Really when did this change in policy happen????

Skiz
05-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Since forever.

However, we don't read every single post on the board. If you see something inappropriate, report it.

Closed.