PDA

View Full Version : Elektronik has BANNED Egypt

maddoxro
04-11-2009, 12:10 PM
11-Apr-2009 - Egypt banned
Starting today all Egypt IPs are banned here.

Another tracker has banned Egypt , last one being Czone ( Czteam known now)

Reason : traders, cheaters etc.. you name it.

manhunt007
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Egypt is very lucky

Enzo
04-11-2009, 12:31 PM
i see Egypt banned from al trackers soon :S

Cabalo
04-11-2009, 03:02 PM
what a shame...

stoi
04-11-2009, 03:03 PM

Not from BCG while i am in charge, i dont believe in banning entire countries.

bilkenter
04-11-2009, 03:03 PM
11-Apr-2009 - Egypt banned
Starting today all Egypt IPs are banned here.

Another tracker has banned Egypt , last one being Czone ( Czteam known now)

Reason : traders, cheaters etc.. you name it.

I wonder how many cheaters trackers need to catch to ban a whole country. Just curious

manhunt007
04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I wonder how many cheaters trackers need to catch to ban a whole country. Just curious

u can ask this question to yourself as your country was banned from some trackers

bilkenter
04-11-2009, 03:12 PM

This is THE guy, gosh gonna open a fan site just for your sake seriously, you are the best staff or one of the best(since there might be ones i dont know of) ever stoi

u can ask this question to yourself as your country was banned from some trackers

I havent been banned from any country, Turkey is banned right, but as far as i know, i was in the exclusive list(the ones they actually contribute smt to the site i guess) Also i dont cheat trade or whatever you think of bad qualities in torrenting, though i traded in the past, still it was just out of eagerness to join trackers and i had quite buffer and a lot of seeding time(7 24) also am active on certain tracker forums.

edit: Also certain trackers dont ban your whole country, yeah they do formally, but if u were a good member there, they probably include you in their own exclusive or whatever that list is called.

susiserken
04-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Arent egyptian isp`s known for throttling and messing up torrent traffic? sure there might be alot of traders and cheaters asewell tho.

SuperActive
04-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Lucky Egypt...
Soon they won't have aces to any good torrent site..

hagckz0r
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Banning an entire country.. not good :/

Glitterstep
04-11-2009, 05:17 PM

Yeah seriously...thats really bad...for a bunch of fcukface's the whole country gets banned..cheaters,traders..:angry:

dido
04-11-2009, 05:21 PM

Yeah seriously...thats really bad...for a bunch of fcukface's the whole country gets banned..cheaters,traders..:angry:

i think that trackers staff should understand that . but i think they like the army . the good is just for one and the bad is for allllll

Patriot foreve
04-11-2009, 07:10 PM

finally some staff member have a mind and don't prefer the easy way ,BCG members are lucky to have someone like you to be incharge of the tracker

TheMegaKing
04-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Good Job :)

elektROnik
04-11-2009, 07:52 PM
The problems arrive from the fact that we can't really ban only the bad users cause of the dynamic IP.
Most of them jump from B-classes to another. I don't want to exagerate but over 75% of the Egyptian users are disabled for either cheating or trading.

Patriot foreve, i'll ignore for now cause i'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about(easy/hard-ways etc).

mievmo
04-11-2009, 07:56 PM
lol.... what took em so long ?

psychoactive
04-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Reason : traders, cheaters etc.. you name it.That's rich. Guess they should ban Ro too :lol:

ajsi
04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Reason : traders, cheaters etc.. you name it.That's rich. Guess they should ban Ro too :lol:ye, a good one :D

bilkenter
04-11-2009, 08:25 PM

finally some staff member have a mind and don't prefer the easy way ,BCG members are lucky to have someone like you to be incharge of the tracker
Not just BCG members, all torrenters are lucky to have him in torrent world, we all benefit from his presence here.

wiseD
04-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Not just BCG members, all torrenters are lucky to have him in torrent world, we all benefit from his presence here.
Time to crawl out of his ass yet?

I think they were just fed up with finding cheaters/traders/sellers who turned out to be Egyptian. Banning the entire country may not be fair to the good users from Egypt, but it's one way of putting an end to all that time wasted on worthless lowlifes.

A good thing to do now, would be to perhaps make a temp irc chan to allow the good users of Egypt to request their accounts be re-enabled. This way it's almost like working backwards from the signup progress - nobody gets in without having proven themselves beforehand.

But meh, end of the day, their site, their rules :)

iNaru
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
lol soon enough demonoid may ban them

bilkenter
04-11-2009, 08:59 PM

I think they were just fed up with finding cheaters/traders/sellers who turned out to be Egyptian. Banning the entire country may not be fair to the good users from Egypt, but it's one way of putting an end to all that time wasted on worthless lowlifes.

A good thing to do now, would be to perhaps make a temp irc chan to allow the good users of Egypt to request their accounts be re-enabled. This way it's almost like working backwards from the signup progress - nobody gets in without having proven themselves beforehand.

I am not a member, I have no expectations. I was banned by stoi, so tell me what would be my reason to do whatever you are saying? If just telling the truth isnt permitted, say it outloud, otherwise save your wise opinions to yourself please

Night0wl
04-11-2009, 09:08 PM

Nah you (as in BCG) just ban people that dare question your methods.

Funny, since I already said the account just dies from inactivity. Maybe it was so one of staff could come up with some other stupid accusation that I would be prevented from answering, because I was banned?

I certainly wasn't from inactivity, unless your inactivity rules suddenly became much lower period.

All I can say is Vuze users beware.

BlackKnight
04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
how bad is Egyptian torrenters? I'd like to know what Lebe thinks since the last time when Waffles banned .Ro IPs he said it's an extreme response (I think he doesn't like to ban the whole country then?) so I guess Egypt must have done something really bad.

I'm always on elektronik's side still!

stoi
04-11-2009, 09:22 PM

Funny, since I already said the account just dies from inactivity. Maybe it was so one of staff could come up with some other stupid accusation that I would be prevented from answering, because I was banned?

I certainly wasn't from inactivity, unless your inactivity rules suddenly became much lower period.

All I can say is Vuze users beware.

Not a clue what you are talking about.

ah you are Blue_skies.

you said you didnt want the account anymore, when i made the account it was only for testing purpuses, you even told me you would never use it, so stop spreading bullshit.

yes i did say that Vuze is a horrible client, and if it was just up to me i would ban it, i hate the thing, and no its not just because of a personal preferrance, 95% of cheaters that we get, use Vuze (with a mod which i will not name here), to cheat.

I know of a couple of tracker`s that have banned it, so its not just my opinion,

I also explained, that instead of getting on your high horse to us, for not allowing a new client version as quick as you would like, you should get onto the other trackers, for banning a perfectly good version (the previous one) so fast.

Btw, i did not even know you were banned till i read your above post, Cirno banned you.

I'm Hot
04-11-2009, 09:25 PM
The worst.

They have their own WTAW thread version, not about rarity but about how easy is to cheat in trackers. Just so you know :)

Polarbear
04-11-2009, 10:35 PM

love is in the air... :inlove:

Night0wl
04-11-2009, 11:14 PM

All I can say is Vuze users beware. Not a clue what you are talking about.

ah you are Blue_skies.

you said you didnt want the account anymore, when i made the account it was only for testing purpuses, you even told me you would never use it, so stop spreading bullshit.

yes i did say that Vuze is a horrible client, and if it was just up to me i would ban it, i hate the thing, and no its not just because of a personal preferrance, 95% of cheaters that we get, use Vuze (with a mod which i will not name here), to cheat.

I know of a couple of tracker`s that have banned it, so its not just my opinion,

I also explained, that instead of getting on your high horse to us, for not allowing a new client version as quick as you would like, you should get onto the other trackers, for banning a perfectly good version (the previous one) so fast.

Btw, i did not even know you were banned till i read your above post, Cirno banned you.

I don't care at all that I can't use the account. I just don't get why it was so important to ban the account. I already said I would let the account die. Guess he needed to leave a warning to others that dare speak their mind. Pretty much a forum to discuss as long as you agree.

BTW wasn't pointing fingers at you, hence the (as in BCG) since I suspected you didn't do it, but at the site, everyone was praising through the roof.

And I accepted fine the actual answer to my question, about the tracker restart. Just a shame it took all the useless answers before that to get there.

Edit: also please tell me exactly where I said I didn't want the account. I said I would not run two clients for a site I don't use much. And that I had around three weeks before being deleted for tracker inactivity. I actually said I used the account a bit even though I never expected to do so, when you made me the account.

oh you better quote it here, since I can't access BCG.

I say again Banned as a warning to others.

stoi
04-11-2009, 11:43 PM
We let members speak their mind, we even have a tracker suggestion forum for members to hmm come up with better ways we can do things.

yes we do pick them apart 1 piece at a time, but thats the way it should be.

I believe it was more your attitude through it all, (Vuze is great, i refuse to use anything else, your hard luck) type of attitude, than your actual complaint that we did not allow it yet.

this was your opening thread

Since there is obviously no answer coming in relevant thread.

How long does it take to add a perfectly good client update to the allowed clients on site. A month, a year.. or is it just purposely done to annoy the living **** out of Vuze users?

that is why my reply was a bit, hmm blunt to say the least.

Night0wl
04-11-2009, 11:50 PM
I took me a week on unanswered questions about it, not just from me, to get to that point.

It was the only option left, because writing anything in a normal "pleasant" fashion was just left unanswered.

You still haven't quoted exactly where I said I didn't want the account.

elektROnik
04-11-2009, 11:52 PM
BlackKnight, i said it's an extreme measure then cause i thought they did it just to go with the trend(SCT previously banned RO, SCC was first).
And believe me, Romanian users are way easier to ban than Egyptians.

1000possibleclaws
04-12-2009, 05:32 AM

That's a good idea, and was how I got my softmp3 account back after the mass banning :)

Patriot foreve
04-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Patriot foreve, i'll ignore for now cause i'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about(easy/hard-ways etc).

to me i think you guys are doing the samethings that some trackers did to romania by banning the whole country in various other trackers

personally i don't approve banning a whole country for any reason because i am sure that in any place there is the good and the bad and there are alot of good people in each country who have been sharing,uploading and seeding their torrents to help other members in that place

what some trackers do now is banning the whole country ,what do you think i should do when i see that ,why would i care to share or support the tracker if a tracker may ban my whole country in the future?

have you guys thought about the good members in your tracker,have you done anything to protect them and exclude them from such measures?

i am totally supporting you in banning and getting rid of bad apples in the tracker but banning whole countries isn't really a solution

bilkenter
04-12-2009, 08:22 PM

to me i think you guys are doing the samethings that some trackers did to romania by banning the whole country in various other trackers

personally i don't approve banning a whole country for any reason because i am sure that in any place there is the good and the bad and there are alot of good people in each country who have been sharing,uploading and seeding their torrents to help other members in that place

what some trackers do now is banning the whole country ,what do you think i should do when i see that ,why would i care to share or support the tracker if a tracker may ban my whole country in the future?

have you guys thought about the good members in your tracker,have you done anything to protect them and exclude them from such measures?

i am totally supporting you in banning and getting rid of bad apples in the tracker but banning whole countries isn't really a solution

1)I wish some people could apply same logic to traders as well.
2)Absolutely right, it is also applicable to inactivity, if i can be banned from a tracker just because of 2 months of inactivity(told the staff about my condition) that i really put effort too, then what is the point in supporting them? wont probably make that mistake again.
3)agreed on this one too

elektROnik
04-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Patriot foreve, i can't really think of 2 good users from Egypt..

04-13-2009, 08:43 AM

One more reason to be one of Stoi' Fans :01:

manhunt007
04-13-2009, 08:45 AM

Egypt has many good users

Swift
04-13-2009, 08:53 AM

One more reason to be one of Stoi' Fans :01:

give him a kiss to

Egypt has many good users

are you joking ?

Patriot foreve
04-13-2009, 04:01 PM

that's the same thing that some other trackers gave while banning romania,poland,brazil,israel,portugal and other countries in other various trackers

if there are alot of bad apples then it doesn't mean that all trhe apples in the basket are bad

technodrome
04-13-2009, 04:52 PM
i wish all trackers remove the ban from all countries.. But unfortunately it's not seem possible..

pedrowsky
04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Like Stoi and BCG

ScL won't be banning any IP Ranges.
Can't have an entire country defined by those bad apples.

pedrowsky :: ScL Staff Team

pro267
04-13-2009, 06:22 PM
While I'm against banning countries in principle, I can understand why Elektronik felt they had to do what they did. I know other trackers have considered doing the same.

The problem with Egyptian members as I see it, is that trading, cheating and sharing accounts is such a widespread phenomena amongst them, that most Egyptians see it as the norm. All of these activities are done/encouraged every day in Egyptian forums (won't name any names, but every Egyptian member probably knows which forums I'm referring to), without any supervision/control, and this is finally coming back to bite them in their arses..

jokerjoker12
04-13-2009, 07:27 PM
its bad news

bilkenter
04-14-2009, 02:17 PM
While I'm against banning countries in principle, I can understand why Elektronik felt they had to do what they did. I know other trackers have considered doing the same.

The problem with Egyptian members as I see it, is that trading, cheating and sharing accounts is such a widespread phenomena amongst them, that most Egyptians see it as the norm. All of these activities are done/encouraged every day in Egyptian forums (won't name any names, but every Egyptian member probably knows which forums I'm referring to), without any supervision/control, and this is finally coming back to bite them in their arses..
Honestly The best torrenter friends of mine are Egyptians, and my experience with them suggests that they are no cheater, at least they pay for seedboxes, uploading staff to rapidshare, mostly good members on the sites they are in. If they werent, staff wouldnt allow them to transfer some of their upload to other users now would they? There might be some bad apples, i agree, but still i havent run into any cheater Egyptian. Check Ftn or any other high lvl trackers, and see how many Egyptians are there, Honestly If they were bad users who trade cheat and have a site which informs them about how to cheat on sites, then they wouldnt make it that far, at least not all the Egyptians i know of, All the Egyptians i know have ftn fsc or any other high lvl tracker, if those people were to be bad users, would they manage to stay there? wouldnt staff ban them from those places as well? You have a point that some might be bad apples, but just because there is a Turkish forum that kinda helps people cheat on ratios doesnt mean we know the site or we would use it. Some people actually have the spirit of sharing. I understand why Elektronik has to do what they would do, but they could simply help good Egyptian users. Just as it is suggested, they might offer help to good egyptian uisers via irc if users wanted to they might contact staff et cetera, yet it is their calls...

edit: Also you are right they share accounts sometimes, Something from my personal experience: A friend of mine called Mohammed shared a TT account with me, I of course denied it at first thinking that it might get the account disabled, yet he checked it with tt staff before he shared info, at least this is what he told me then i used the account, anyway the point is even if they do such things like sharing et cetera, they first check it with staff, at least the ones i run into, So tell me is this guy a bad user? He talks to staff before he acts, he confirms it then assures me that account wont get disabled, then i start using, seeding, buffering tha account. I dont think this qualifies as a bad user now does it? After all, it all depends on what is a good user or bad user really.

ajsi
04-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Honestly The best torrenter friends of mine are Egyptians, and my experience with them suggests that they are no cheater, at least they pay for seedboxes, uploading staff to rapidshare, mostly good members on the sites they are in. If they werent, staff wouldnt allow them to transfer some of their upload to other users now would they? There might be some bad apples, i agree, but still i havent run into any cheater Egyptian. Check Ftn or any other high lvl trackers, and see how many Egyptians are there, Honestly If they were bad users who trade cheat and have a site which informs them about how to cheat on sites, then they wouldnt make it that far, at least not all the Egyptians i know of, All the Egyptians i know have ftn fsc or any other high lvl tracker, if those people were to be bad users, would they manage to stay there? wouldnt staff ban them from those places as well? You have a point that some might be bad apples, but just because there is a Turkish forum that kinda helps people cheat on ratios doesnt mean we know the site or we would use it. Some people actually have the spirit of sharing. I understand why Elektronik has to do what they would do, but they could simply help good Egyptian users. Just as it is suggested, they might offer help to good egyptian uisers via irc if users wanted to they might contact staff et cetera, yet it is their calls...

i also have a great friend from egypt, i couldn't agree more with you

cinephilia
04-15-2009, 01:45 PM
of course there are good egyptians users, no one deny it...
but the fact is that most of them are cheaters/traders/sellers (on elektROnik at least) so there's no point in blaming staff decision.

! TRADE !
04-15-2009, 06:07 PM
:D:D:D

we never mind about banning from trackers

if we banned from 1 we have about 100000 other with the same cont

and 10 % only hear non arabic music from egypt

so all 90 % is happy

and other 10 % can find every thing in other trackers :)

trackers ae alot this day's not like old day's

every one can make tracker for few dollars

goooooooodbyeeeeeeeee :P

cinephilia
04-15-2009, 07:36 PM

so all 90 % is happy

nice, all is well that ends well :shifty:

Artemis
04-16-2009, 03:30 AM

so all 90 % is happy

An absolutely perfect example of the attitude which brings about IP bans, and this was in some way supposed to help the argument? You have only reinforced it, and proven what others are saying.

TP635
04-16-2009, 05:05 AM
I don't believe in a blanket ban, but then, I am just a user. Tracker's staff would see the situation differently, and that I understand.

Cabalo
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM

so all 90 % is happy

gotta love the egyptians.
even at this forum, 90% + don't know how to behave or socially integrate.

you won't be missed asshole.

sez
04-16-2009, 04:06 PM
The being members of cheating/trading forums argument is vague germany too has its own thriving cheating forums and they are still on these trackers(no names)
mass punishment for the mistake of a few is never fair no matter what the argument..

spark
04-16-2009, 10:58 PM
This made my day!

Cabalo
04-17-2009, 12:44 AM
ah, i get your point now.
only the egyptian suffer from language barriers. :mellow:

ok. now it's pretty clear.

manhunt007
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM

not all egyptians

spark
04-17-2009, 08:07 PM

not all egyptians

Maybe, but all of u cheat and trade, ALL of u

chec
04-17-2009, 08:42 PM
problem is that where you born.but nobody is asking you that where you want to born

Artemis
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
The being members of cheating/trading forums argument is vague germany too has its own thriving cheating forums and they are still on these trackers(no names)
mass punishment for the mistake of a few is never fair no matter what the argument..

It is NOT a few, ask the administrators of any site you care to name except those highly valued for rarity. This is not meant as a punishment, to think that is not to take the wider perspective, it is simply a decision by the staff of the tracker to reduce the workload produced by an unreasonable amount of cheating/trading from one countries IP ranges. Egypt is one of the countries that trackers have banned over time because of excessive cheating/trading, there are others. You forget it is their tracker and if the staff wish to reduce the workload by banning IP ranges causing excessive amounts of cheating or trading then they have every right to do so. We as members are only guests.

pro267
04-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I totally agree with what Artemis said. If you think staffers want to ban a range, you're wrong. Most staffers want more members, and are forced to ban ranges when the situation becomes unbearable. Most staffers want to develop their sites, not to spend time, energy and stress themselves out due to certain selfish individuals.

If you're an Egyptian, and you think your country deserves better, don't come complaining to staffers who are being forced to take these measures. Instead, go back to your local forums, explain to others what they're doing wrong, educate them on what's acceptable and what's not in the file sharing community, help grow a generation of Egyptian file sharers who will think beyond sharing accounts/trading/cheating.

MSF
04-18-2009, 08:51 AM
This made my day!
My, your day is so easy to made!

Patriot foreve
04-18-2009, 06:52 PM
not all egyptians

and how the hell did you come up with this propaganda einestien?

bilkenter
04-18-2009, 07:02 PM
not all egyptians

someone please tell me he is not a staff at ftn. Another experience time, I have both traders and non trader friends, anyway i asked my Egyptian friend whether it was possible or not to recruit my trader friend into a tracker that he might get him into. Yet it turns out, no matter how good or asset that trader can be, he didnt allow a trader to be in, if Egyptians trade and cheat, i assume they would kinda be sympathetic to traders and cheaters right? Yet they are not. Really weird

spark
04-18-2009, 09:40 PM

From the fact that some1 like u is their big boss! :sick:

someone please tell me he is not a staff at ftn.

I'm not a staff at FTN, according to some users I am not even a member there

bilkenter
04-18-2009, 09:54 PM

From the fact that some1 like u is their big boss! :sick:

someone please tell me he is not a staff at ftn.

I'm not a staff at FTN, according to some users I am not even a member there
Glad to hear it, if you were, that would be hell of a disappointment really.

BarRefaeli2
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
lol, banning entire country for cheating
we allready saw that back in the history didn't we?

Cabalo
04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
lol, banning entire country for cheating
we allready saw that back in the history didn't we?
no :mellow:
which countries were banned for cheating? The trojans?

kaustav
04-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Isn't banning a whole country Naziish?
Everyone cant be bad.
Its like saying all Americans are stupid weed-smoking idiots, who like to argue. And banning them all for it. But course you wont, because they have great internet speeds.

pro267
04-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Everyone cant be bad.
Its like saying all Americans are stupid weed-smoking idiots, who like to argue. And banning them all for it. But course you wont, because they have great internet speeds.
So you're saying Americans are all, in fact, stupid weed-smoking idiots, who like to argue, yet they won't be banned because of their great internet speeds, I see. Great way of solidifying your argument about everyone not being bad, well done. Racist.

TP635
04-19-2009, 06:33 AM

I don't know history; but i did not remember Hitler banning Egypt

maddoxro
04-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Isn't banning a whole country Naziish? I don't know history; but i did not remember Hitler banning Egypt

Maybe they were next after he would have " banned " jews ?

hahajung
04-20-2009, 03:58 AM
sucks to have the whole country banned rofl

Skiz
04-20-2009, 04:06 AM

so all 90 % is happy

An absolutely perfect example of the attitude which brings about IP bans, and this was in some way supposed to help the argument? You have only reinforced it, and proven what others are saying.

Does that mean you understood any of that? :unsure:

LubTheStaringCat
04-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Has learnbits BANNED Egypt as well, I'm just curious?

Maltese
04-20-2009, 12:15 PM
It's not fair for other good users..but anyway that's life!!!

spark
04-20-2009, 02:44 PM

I wonder why!

manhunt007
04-20-2009, 04:44 PM

I wonder why!

they didnt ban Egypt

susiserken
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
i saw an egyptian user on wbb trying to trade elektronik invites today go figure :lol:

manhunt007
04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
i saw an egyptian user on wbb trying to trade elektronik invites today go figure :lol:

why not i am still access the site without any problems

Defy
04-21-2009, 05:00 PM
That sucks for Egypt! On a tangent, I really want to see Cairo and the Great Pyramid someday. :P

BVBV
04-21-2009, 06:55 PM

why not i am still access the site without any problems

LINK DSL 192.xxxxxxx STILL WORKING :)