PDA

View Full Version : On Utorrent - slow to download a file

digmen1
04-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Hi Guys

I am on Utorrent and am downloading a 1 gig file. I have 83% of it, but it is taking forever to get the rest - like weeks.

There is one seed online occassionally and from 2 to 4 peers. I am worried that I may never get the file, or that it might become corrupt as I am getting such little pieces at a time.

Is there anyway I can contact the seed and ask to him to speed it up ! (he must be on dialup !) or any other suggestions ?

I thought torrents were supposed to be fast !

Kind Regards
Digmen

MarinaRide
04-12-2009, 06:38 AM
More the seeders and better the seed to leech ratio, the faster your download will be. Since you have just 1 seed, you'll have to wait for the person to get online each time before your file starts downloading (unless the leechers have downloaded more than you, then you can download off them). I dunno if there's a way to contact the user, but you could search for the same file in different torrent sites, and if you find the SAME file in a diff. torrent site download the torrent and load the tracker from there. It will continue downloading from 83%. Make sure that the torrent has more seeders though.

Funkin'
04-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I though torrents were supposed to be fast !

Sure, they can be fast. But only when there are people seeding. Looks like you're just going to have to wait for that other 17% to finish. If it's a file that you really want and you can't find it on any other trackers with more seeds, than it will be worth the wait.

RedRansom
04-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Is file from torrentz.com or demonoid?

digmen1
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the replies guys,

Looks like I'll just have to wait.

Its a pretty rare "technical" file on puretna ! so it will be worth the wait.

My connection was on all last night and I got 1 more per cent !

RedRansom
04-12-2009, 07:42 PM
You can also want re-seed request from snatch list(completed peers)(basicly sending a pm for re-seed)...
I dont know puretna have a button for re-seed, forum or a snatch list but at least you can want from the file uploader with a nice pm, if it's so rare and "technical" i guess uploader will keep it for own archive
Hope to finish it soon ...

I know i wait over 1 month to download Eminem feat Dido - stan Dvd video clip :P
When i was only using(know) public trackers long time ago nearly 3 years...
And when i watch it i always have another taste and watching it over and over again :)