PDA

View Full Version : Americans Are The Stupidest!

Billy_Dean
09-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Hobbes.

Clocker
You are a total shit. America and Americans are #1 in everything, we are not really stupid, were are the stupidest!!!

There it is, from the man himself. What more is there to say?

:)

james_bond_rulez
09-22-2003, 08:55 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

chalice
09-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Typical yanks, trying to muscle in on all the superlatives.
Just remember, you inherited it all from Irish genes.

hobbes
09-22-2003, 02:16 PM
I don't understand the question, but I do see that your standing on my property. Don't make git ol' Bessie, now scram!

World news my arse, moderators must be away at a pep rally or something.

You guys were busy in here last night, did you have a sleepover or something. Watch Billy, he puts full soda cans in his pillowcase a la Sean Penn. How am I supposed to read all this excrement you guys call "thoughts" before going in to work at 8:00? This is just plain inconsiderate. Somebody could have at least called and left as message that I needed to get up a little earlier? Tsk, tsk!!

wormless
09-22-2003, 02:21 PM
lol wat bout americas dumbest criminals?

The Horror fanatic
09-23-2003, 04:07 AM
well it must be some americans that are stupid. well in the horror films don't they always go down that dark alley, or go to investigate, instead of getting out of there. no wonder they always end up dead. it rare i seen an horror film where this actually an intelligent one in it.

iamhere
09-23-2003, 04:13 AM
I agree with you that some Americans are stupid and I am American, but I call those small bunch of stupid Americans Immigrants.

DarkBlizzard
09-23-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by chalice@22 September 2003 - 03:56
Typical yanks, trying to muscle in on all the superlatives.
Just remember, you inherited it all from Irish genes.
eh? clocker said that? ....he's not America....is he.....

I'm American! Woohoo...Fuck You France

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-23-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by iamhere@23 September 2003 - 04:13
I agree with you that some Americans are stupid and I am American, but I call those small bunch of stupid Americans Immigrants.
I don't mean to sound down on you or anything, but when i read this, i couldn't help but think about the fact that YOUR family immigrated from somewhere. So when you refer to immigrants as stupid, you might wish to remember your family heritage.

DarkBlizzard
09-23-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot+22 September 2003 - 23:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HeavyMetalParkingLot @ 22 September 2003 - 23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iamhere@23 September 2003 - 04:13
I don&#39;t mean to sound down on you or anything, but when i read this, i couldn&#39;t help but think about the fact that YOUR family immigrated from somewhere. So when you refer to immigrants as stupid, you might wish to remember your family heritage. [/b][/quote]
Yeah....but some of us Americans were the people that left England cuz they sucked ass and we came to North America and made America....so some of us are like founders of America&#33; =P....like my family..it was one of the first&#33;

Yeah, my post was pointless.

The Horror fanatic
09-23-2003, 04:25 AM
i agree with you dark blizzard. most of england does suck ass, and i am from the north of england. it those southerners that spoil it for everyone here. you think of england and london comes to mind straight away. the best towns are cities are up north. Edinburgh, manchester, glasgow, newcastle, sheffield, and liverpool are great cities and towns. London just totally sucks.

DarkBlizzard
09-23-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by The Horror fanatic@22 September 2003 - 23:25
i agree with you dark blizzard. most of england does suck ass, and i am from the north of england. it those southerners that spoil it for everyone here. you think of england and london comes to mind straight away. the best towns are cities are up north. Edinburgh, manchester, glasgow, newcastle, sheffield, and liverpool are great cities and towns. London just totally sucks.
lol....i know like NOTHING about england except its capital is London and Tony Blair is the Prime Minister and that only like 20% to 40% support Tony Blair. Hmm....i sure dont know much about where i came from. .....oh and one more thing i know....BBC Sucks TOTAL ROYAL ASS....

EDIT:

Ok im going to sleep its 10:30 PM and i need sleep&#33;..... Go Tony Blair&#33; You Kick Ass&#33; Half ur people are dummies for not liking you&#33;

EDIT: Yeah that last comment was a bit of my Americanism mixing with like Englandism lol

mogadishu
09-23-2003, 04:49 AM
i pretty much just gave up on my people when i read an articlein the newspaper that went something like this..

some guy is robbing a store at night. as hes walking out with his loot, he looks up and sees himself on the security television. he drops everything and unhooks the tv, taking it with him; LEAVING THE CAMERA.. which went on recording the entire thing. dumb criminals we are. im moving to canada or sweden when i hit 18. :D

mogadishu
09-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by The Horror fanatic@22 September 2003 - 23:25
yep ive been to london and manchester.. manchester by far better. you know a city is cool when a waiter wont serve u cus ur wearing a united shirt in city territory. luckily i wasn the culprit, but i got a pretty good laugh when we figured out why it was happening.

nikita69
09-23-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by DarkBlizzard+23 September 2003 - 10:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkBlizzard &#064; 23 September 2003 - 10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@22 September 2003 - 23:16
<!--QuoteBegin-iamhere@23 September 2003 - 04:13
I don&#39;t mean to sound down on you or anything, but when i read this, i couldn&#39;t help but think about the fact that YOUR family immigrated from somewhere. So when you refer to immigrants as stupid, you might wish to remember your family heritage.
Yeah....but some of us Americans were the people that left England cuz they sucked ass and we came to North America and made America....so some of us are like founders of America&#33; =P....like my family..it was one of the first&#33;

Yeah, my post was pointless.[/b][/quote]
"All of u so called "AMERICANS", get out of my granfather&#39;s land, ur all IMMIGRANTS to me. I&#39;m a true AMERICAN (RED BLOODED AMERICAN). Until he married a woman from INDIA and I became an INDIAN AMERICAN" :lol: :lol: :lol:

mogadishu
09-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by nikita69+23 September 2003 - 00:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nikita69 @ 23 September 2003 - 00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@23 September 2003 - 10:19

Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@22 September 2003 - 23:16
<!--QuoteBegin-iamhere@23 September 2003 - 04:13
I don&#39;t mean to sound down on you or anything, but when i read this, i couldn&#39;t help but think about the fact that YOUR family immigrated from somewhere. So when you refer to immigrants as stupid, you might wish to remember your family heritage.

Yeah, my post was pointless.
"All of u so called "AMERICANS", get out of my granfather&#39;s land, ur all IMMIGRANTS to me. I&#39;m a true AMERICAN (RED BLOODED AMERICAN). Until he married a woman from INDIA and I became an INDIAN AMERICAN" :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
yeai doubt anyone on this board is a &#39;real&#39; american.. my great great great great.. something.. father came in the 16th century.

sampson
09-23-2003, 06:02 AM
&#092;Im"mi*grant&#092;, n. [L. immigrans, p. pr. of immigrare
to go into: cf. F. immigrant. See {Immigrate}.]
One who immigrates; one who comes to a country for the
purpose of permanent residence; -- correlative of emigrant.

&#092;Na"tive&#092;, a. [Born in the region in which one lives; as, a native
inhabitant, race; grown or originating in the region where
used or sold; not foreign or imported; as, native oysters,
or strawberries.

Your a native, I&#39;m a native. Can&#39;t we all just get along? :D

edit:I was born here so I&#39;m a &#39;real&#39; American

MagicNakor
09-23-2003, 06:16 AM
Well, if you want to get really into it, we&#39;re all Africans.

:ninja:

nikita69
09-23-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 12:16

first, i&#39;m not indian american (i wish tho, i&#39;d have more rights than the naturalized citizens), second I thoguht adam & eve came from Arabia (aka Saudi Arabia-today)??? :unsure:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 01:16

;) I could of told you that.Leave my People out of this and go get me a 40.

I.am
09-23-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by nikita69+23 September 2003 - 01:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nikita69 @ 23 September 2003 - 01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 12:16

first, i&#39;m not indian american (i wish tho, i&#39;d have more rights than the naturalized citizens), second I thoguht adam & eve came from Arabia (aka Saudi Arabia-today)??? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
:lol:
Sorry about the laught&#33; No offense.
But are you talking scientific here or myths bringing Adam and eve in :)
Talking myth, Poor Adam must have been lost in Arabian deserts and thats where he found eve :lol:

Jokes apart, more scientifically we all came from Africa as buddy MagicNakor(how r ya pal-missed the Riddler series after one) said.

I.am
09-23-2003, 07:23 AM
DarkBlizzard a.k.a Darky, DB etc. yada yada yada :)
Seems you are hanging out here recently, if you read this
PM me asap.

-
I.am

MagicNakor
09-23-2003, 08:09 AM
I pop in and out of Riddler&#39;s threads. I&#39;m from the Continuum, after all. ;)

3rd gen noob
09-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 08:09
I pop in and out of Riddler&#39;s threads. I&#39;m from the Continuum, after all. ;)

are you neighbours with frank bruno?

:rolleyes:

Billy_Dean
09-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by The Horror fanatic@23 September 2003 - 13:25
I must say, I have a great deal of sympathy for people like Horror. It must be terrible living oop North and seeing us Londoners getting the best of everything. I think they should have a customs post at Watford Gap, if we can can stop northerners coming down here, they won&#39;t be so jealous. But seriously tho&#39; (hehe) we&#39;ve got the best of everything down here, that&#39;s why as soon as people can afford to, they move South, to God&#39;s own country. I think the fact that London and the Southwest subsidises the rest of Britain pisses Northerners off too, but we don&#39;t mind, we have more than enough.

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 06:16

I&#39;m not :blink:

Me&#39;s English :D ..........and yes I am before you start :rolleyes:

None of us come from anywhere a million years ago but the way I see it, if my family has been here for so many hundred years (like they have) then I think I can claim to be English really :rolleyes:

Oh btw, I&#39;m proud of you guys, a thread like this and no fighting :o

Well done :P :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

3rd gen noob
09-23-2003, 11:22 AM
i&#39;m a scottish-irishman :rolleyes:

junkyardking
09-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Where did the English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh come from eh?, considering all the diffrent people who have immigrated and invaded Britain, Germanic mercenaries - Germans, Normans(French), Vikings norweign.

The Current Royal Family is German/Greek.

3rd gen noob
09-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking@23 September 2003 - 11:59
Where did the English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh come from eh?, considering all the diffrent people who have immigrated and invaded Britain, Germanic mercaneries - Germans, Normans(French), Vikings norweign.

i was kidding on

plus i have no royal family currently

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking@23 September 2003 - 11:59
Where did the English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh come from eh?, considering all the diffrent people who have immigrated and invaded Britain, Germanic mercaneries - Germans, Normans(French), Vikings norweign.

<_< Whoa.........careful <_<

Jonno B)

junkyardking
09-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+23 September 2003 - 12:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 23 September 2003 - 12:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@23 September 2003 - 11:59

<_< Whoa.........careful <_<

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
I forgot Poms dont like the French or Germans :lol: , even if they are related to each other by Blood :-" :-" :devil: :devil:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 12:12 PM
From you calling me a pom I guess you an Aussie? :)

Jonno B)

3rd gen noob
09-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking@23 September 2003 - 12:10
I forgot Poms dont like the French or Germans :lol: , even if they are related to each other by Blood :-" :-" :devil: :devil:
personally i don&#39;t mind french or germans...i think there&#39;s more anti-french sentiment in america just now than the u.k...

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 12:18 PM
I don&#39;t see how anyone can say they don&#39;t like a race of people.
Personally from my own experience I have found many French people to be rude but then, so are English people, as for Germans, well they just do all the sex thing and I like em :D

It does&#39;nt matter what race a person is, they are either nice or not :)

Although I must say I like Canadians quite a lot, but I only know 2 :rolleyes:

They made quite an impression........one in particular :wub:

Jonno B)

junkyardking
09-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Yep and for our American friends Pom is a term of endearment we Aussies call the English :-)

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Ahh, so you an Abbo then I take it?? :P

Jonno B)

junkyardking
09-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 12:33

Jonno B)
Actualy Abbo is a racist term for Aboriginals.

iamhere
09-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot+23 September 2003 - 04:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HeavyMetalParkingLot &#064; 23 September 2003 - 04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-iamhere@23 September 2003 - 04:13
I don&#39;t mean to sound down on you or anything, but when i read this, i couldn&#39;t help but think about the fact that YOUR family immigrated from somewhere. So when you refer to immigrants as stupid, you might wish to remember your family heritage.[/b][/quote]

I know, my statement was an attempt at sarcasam. You know by making that statement I am saying that I am stupid too and only someone stupid would say something like that.

fkdup74
09-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by The Horror fanatic@23 September 2003 - 04:25
sheffield? aint that where led zeppelin originated from? (think so....) any ways,
I&#39;M AN AMERICAN, AND PROUD OF IT
(whoever started this is probably pissed cause he couldnt get a visa or somethin&#33;)

fkdup74
09-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 06:16

wtf are you smokin?

iamhere
09-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Come on now if we Americans are stupid what are you, as you and everyone else knows we are the leaders of the world.

If we are so stupid why hasnt any nation invaded our land and occupy our country. At my count there have been 2 world wars and we have been on the winning side on both and in fact the 2nd one didnt end until we joined.

Lets not forget that most people want to live the American dream and those who dont are too afraid to admit it because they belive the propaganda they were told in order for their leaders to gain more control over them.

Yeah we are the stupid ones&#33;

bigboab
09-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, I am sure you will. But I think the USA have never won a war(Alone) outside of the States. Discounting Grenada of course. I expect I am about to get a history lesson. :P

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking+23 September 2003 - 12:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 23 September 2003 - 12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 12:33

Jonno B)
Actualy Abbo is a racist term for Aboriginals. [/b][/quote]
I apologise, I only put that cos I can&#39;t spell it :)

Jonno B)

TheDave
09-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@23 September 2003 - 18:19
sheffield? aint that where led zeppelin originated from? (think so....) any ways,
(whoever started this is probably pissed cause he couldnt get a visa or somethin&#33;)
your not one of those."2 types of people, people" are you?

hobbes
09-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Can we stop now?

Do I have to get out the "this thread is a joke" stick and start beating people over the head with it.

America accepts no second rate people. We don&#39;t want people who are merely stupid, we want the stupidest.

WE&#39;RE #1&#33;&#33;&#33;

http://www.spiritaccessories.com/funraisers/numone.gif

bigboab
09-23-2003, 09:53 PM
For goodness sake Hobbes, you&#39;ve even made a hash of the number 1. :P

J'Pol
09-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by iamhere@23 September 2003 - 22:02
At my count there have been 2 world wars and we have been on the winning side on both and in fact the 2nd one didnt end until we joined.

Lets not forget that most people want to live the American dream and those who dont are too afraid to admit it because they belive the propaganda they were told in order for their leaders to gain more control over them.

Fair point about the war, it wasn&#39;t won until you joined in. Why was it you waited to join in exactly, Oh that&#39;s right you joined in when you were attacked. Sorry I thought it was because you wanted to support your friends in the UK.

We would have done the same. No wait a moment, we join you right from the start and are your main allies, no matter what anyone else says.

I am Scottish of Irish decent, all four Grand Parents were born and raised in Ireland. I really have nothing against the Ameriacan people and would love to visit. I sent my wife for a long weekend to NY a few years ago for a special present, a shopping trip with her sister.

But trust me I have no wish to live in your country. It&#39;s nothing against you, I just love it where I am. It&#39;s not London but then again I can do without the horrendous house prices and cost of living and the feeling of living in the world&#39;s biggest rat trap.

TheDave
09-23-2003, 09:58 PM
i dont know wether to laugh or cry at you americans that think we all want to be like you, its depressing.

and ive heard that we could have won the war but russia might have finished us off.

bigboab
09-23-2003, 10:00 PM
America think that they are the policemen of the world. When policemen are being trained they are taught "If you see a fight, wait until they have knocked lumps out of each other, then move in and pick up the pieces".

hobbes
09-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+23 September 2003 - 22:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul &#064; 23 September 2003 - 22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iamhere@23 September 2003 - 22:02
At my count there have been 2 world wars and we have been on the winning side on both and in fact the 2nd one didnt end until we joined.

Fair point about the war, it wasn&#39;t won until you joined in. Why was it you waited to join in exactly, Oh that&#39;s right you joined in when you were attacked. Sorry I thought it was because you wanted to support your friends in the UK.

We would have done the same. No wait a moment, we join you right from the start and are your main allies, no matter what anyone else says.

I am Scottish of Irish decent, all four Grand Parents were born and raised in Ireland. I really have nothing against the Ameriacan people and would love to visit. I sent my wife for a long weekend to NY a few years ago for a special present, a shopping trip with her sister.

But trust me I have no wish to live in your country. It&#39;s nothing against you, I just love it where I am. It&#39;s not London but then again I can do without the horrendous house prices and cost of living and the feeling of living in the world&#39;s biggest rat trap. [/b][/quote]
I cannot believe you responded to this in earnest. JPaul, you need a time out or something. Didn&#39;t you get enough of that statement in the old "Iraq War" forum. It was like a mantra for some.

fkdup74
09-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@23 September 2003 - 22:00
America think that they are the policemen of the world. When policemen are being trained they are taught "If you see a fight, wait until they have knocked lumps out of each other, then move in and pick up the pieces".
is that how they train em in scotland? (btw, wtf prompted your ancestors to wear skirts?)

bigboab
09-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Yes all the usual things like, TV, Telephone, Pneumatic Tyres, American Navy, I could go on ad infinitum. Made in Scotland, Copied in America.

Rappy
09-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Well americans aren&#39;t the stupidest they are the least understood

iamhere
09-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@23 September 2003 - 21:24
Correct me if I am wrong, I am sure you will. But I think the USA have never won a war(Alone) outside of the States. Discounting Grenada of course. I expect I am about to get a history lesson. :P

Outside of civil wars I dont think that any war has been fought without alies.

bigboab
09-23-2003, 10:40 PM
The Falklands?

Pitbul
09-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@23 September 2003 - 15:00
much like those ridiculous people at the soccer games who start brawls and make an ass of england i have nothing against england nore do i judge a whole country on a few "THOUSANDS" peoples actions.but i see people judging americans because of a few people who do soemthing stupid.so since i see alot of that going on i might as well think most of england are full of mindless idiots who sit get fat and drink beer a soccer games only to start a fight where hundreds of innocent people get injured when all they were trying to do was enjoy a game.so thanks to all those people who opened my eyes by basing america on a few people&#39;s actions. :rolleyes:

bigboab
09-23-2003, 10:44 PM
I tend to agree with a lot of what you are saying

nikita69
09-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+24 September 2003 - 04:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 24 September 2003 - 04:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JPaul@23 September 2003 - 22:54
<!--QuoteBegin-iamhere@23 September 2003 - 22:02

But trust me I have no wish to live in your country. It&#39;s nothing against you, I just love it where I am. It&#39;s not London but then again I can do without the horrendous house prices and cost of living and the feeling of living in the world&#39;s biggest rat trap.
I cannot believe you responded to this in earnest. JPaul, you need a time out or something. Didn&#39;t you get enough of that statement in the old "Iraq War" forum. It was like a mantra for some. [/b][/quote]
let&#39;s not forget how american comanpies were helping Hitler build weapons :angry: .

bigboab
09-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Remember Niki America was neutral at that time and were within their rights to trade with whoever they wanted.

Rappy
09-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Hey first people hate us for joining a war now they hate us for not joining a war America is hated by stupid people who don&#39;t know how it is to live here how good it is i know. There are a lot of things that i don&#39;t like either i want someone to tell me where these perfect countries are i don&#39;t know one which doesn&#39;t have flaws.The other countries can&#39;t get together on why we are hated im sorry but we can&#39;t be perfect as im sure your country isn&#39;t either isn&#39;t either

iamhere
09-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+23 September 2003 - 21:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 23 September 2003 - 21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iamhere@23 September 2003 - 22:02
At my count there have been 2 world wars and we have been on the winning side on both and in fact the 2nd one didnt end until we joined.&nbsp;

But trust me I have no wish to live in your country. It&#39;s nothing against you, I just love it where I am. It&#39;s not London but then again I can do without the horrendous house prices and cost of living and the feeling of living in the world&#39;s biggest rat trap. [/b][/quote]

Well that by far has been the most intelligent response I have read in this tread. I dont really belive everyone wants to live here or be like us and I dont want them to. People need to be individuals and become thier own person other wise life would be very boring.

I have never been out of this country (other then going to Cananda) and I would love to visit other countires. I love my country and dont want to live anywhere else. I am not here to put down anyone or thier countires because no good can come from it. I dont care where you are from it dosent really make me like you or hate you. I judge you on the type of person you are. Every country has its good people and bad people and it is unfortunate that most countires get judged according to the bad people.

Rappy
09-23-2003, 11:06 PM
yea thats very true we are judged by the bad people thats sucks

bigboab
09-23-2003, 11:06 PM
Dont take offence Rapfan. I am not attacking America. I am stating facts in reply to someone(No not You&#33;) who is attacking either my country or its people and suggesting that we cannot survive without the USA. I have actually been in 26 of the 50 states and enjoyed the hospitality in everyone of them(Except Texas). The only trouble I had was when I left for a short visit to Canada and they would not let me back in(For a wee while anyway). Personally if I was America I would close my borders to everyone and withdraw from the rest of the world for a few years and let them get on with it. But then I am not right in the head(Official&#33;).

Rappy
09-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Well that wouldn&#39;t be right if the indians closed the borders we wouldn&#39;t be here thats not . Many people have suggested to close the borders i am against it we are free free to come free to leave yes its not that easy to get in but closeing the borders bad idea

bigboab
09-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Neither would the indians. :P

Rappy
09-23-2003, 11:13 PM
what well i ment the Native americans

bigboab
09-23-2003, 11:14 PM
So did I.

Busyman
09-23-2003, 11:18 PM
I agree. We let everyone in because we believe in showing everyone what a great country we are. But we let the bad in with the good. America needs to get itself straight. I also believe that we help to many countries and it sometimes backfires. We backed Saddam against Iran. We were Osama&#39;s mama too against Russia. It&#39;s a catch 22 because America is afraid of another Hitler so we jump into the fray head first. Bush is an ass who reminds me of the character in the movie The Dead Zone.

The bad part.
If the US stood on the sidelines, closed our borders, and had a hands off approach, I firmly believe the world would fall flat on it&#39;s ass. WE JUST HAVE TO PICK OUR FIGHTS.

Should we be in Iraq. NO....but.......who is Saddam going to fire a nuclear missile at? America................. conundrum
If America wasn&#39;t around, Russia would have ran rough shot all over Europe.
So yes you do NEED us as we NEED you&#33; ;)

Rappy
09-23-2003, 11:24 PM
well america can&#39;t do everything by itself and i don&#39;t care if some bad is let in with the good mabe 5% is bad of who we let in and 1% of that 5% is very bad like terrorists but i don&#39;t think im too afraid considering some of the countries who lets in 50% bad 50% good

bigboab
09-23-2003, 11:27 PM
No you are wrong. History has proven that when one country tries to take over, it becomes overstretched, ergo weaker, and eventually returns to its original borders. The vast majority of the countries in this world do not need America, Britain or Russia or any of the &#39;Great Powers&#39; and they survive without them.

Rappy
09-23-2003, 11:55 PM
Whatever i would like to see how many more people woulda died if america didn&#39;t get involved in ww2

bigboab
09-24-2003, 12:13 AM
That is a HYPOthetical question and we could probably argue all night about it. But remember to subtract the Million who died between Nagasaki, Hiroshima and Dresden when you are doing your calculations. also remember that HYPO is barred.
Right thats it I&#39;m off to bed after that pathetic joke. Goodnight.

Rat Faced
09-24-2003, 12:14 AM
If we are so stupid why hasnt any nation invaded our land and occupy our country. At my count there have been 2 world wars and we have been on the winning side on both and in fact the 2nd one didnt end until we joined.

You are the world leaders because you profiteered in the early years of both these wars, and were far enough away from the action that you never had to rebuild your country after the war (like every country in Europe and the Far East had to)..and so could Lend the money to rebuild to everyone else, making even more profits.

....eg UK has only just paid off its War Debt to the USA.

And you are trying to make up for being late for the last 2 World Wars now, by being REALLY punctual for the next one.

J'Pol
09-24-2003, 12:15 AM
I have posted this before - at length.

I would love it if the USA were to close it&#39;s borders to the rest of the world and become totally insular. No trade, no travel, no communications. You are certainly powerfull enough to do it. Let&#39;s say 10 years.

Let the rest of the world see how it can get on without you. Let you see how you can get on without the rest of the world. I think that the USA will be fine and the rest of the world will have to sort out it&#39;s own problems.

No pressure on you or your economy any more. You produce enough wealth without having to sell to other countries.

J'Pol
09-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by RapFan@24 September 2003 - 00:55
Whatever i would like to see how many more people woulda died if america didn&#39;t get involved in ww2
I was going to reply to this then I thought what&#39;s the point, it&#39;s just pathetic.

Rat Faced
09-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by JPaul+24 September 2003 - 00:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 24 September 2003 - 00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RapFan@24 September 2003 - 00:55
I was going to reply to this then I thought what&#39;s the point, it&#39;s just pathetic. [/b][/quote]
Im glad you didnt reply to that JP.

It would have been totally out of character...

noname12
09-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Yep many lives saved RapFan... I like to remember the lives saved in Vietnam, Panama, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq oh and who can forgot those thousands saved in Japan when a lovely nuke fell over there heads (many other lives saved thanks to America involvement, just cant be bothered to look up the list, considering all wars in the second half of the 20th involved America :D )

I think we should all recognize America as being the Saviour of mankind in country form.

junkyardking
09-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+23 September 2003 - 18:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 &#064; 23 September 2003 - 18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 06:16

wtf are you smokin? [/b][/quote]
Ever heard of evolution? ;)

But I don’t get why most Americans think they live in the best country, I know every country has its pros and cons, but if they think that there the best example of how a country should be run then they are sadly mistaken,
For a country that&#39;s the richest in the world having a poor heath system and spending more on prisons than education is no example for any country to wish to follow.

Beast
09-24-2003, 12:44 AM
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

fkdup74
09-24-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking+24 September 2003 - 00:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 24 September 2003 - 00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FKDUP74@23 September 2003 - 18:22
<!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 06:16

wtf are you smokin?

But I don’t get why most Americans think they live in the best country, I know every country has its pros and cons, but if they think that there the best example of how a country should be run then they are sadly mistaken,
For a country that&#39;s the richest in the world having a poor heath system and spending more on prisons than education is no example for any country to wish to follow. [/b][/quote]
so you think your ancestors are monkeys? how the hell could men have come from apes if apes are still here? if they had evolved into us, there wouldnt be any f&#036;@&#036;in apes. just my theory.

oh yeah, Darwin is a fraud buddy

MagicNakor
09-24-2003, 02:00 AM
Apparently a lot of people here don&#39;t follow archeology.

The oldest Homo sapiens remains found come from Ethiopia. They&#39;re 160,000 years old.

hobbes
09-24-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+24 September 2003 - 02:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 &#064; 24 September 2003 - 02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by junkyardking@24 September 2003 - 00:36

Originally posted by FKDUP74@23 September 2003 - 18:22
<!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@23 September 2003 - 06:16

wtf are you smokin?

For a country that&#39;s the richest in the world having a poor heath system and spending more on prisons than education is no example for any country to wish to follow.
so you think your ancestors are monkeys? how the hell could men have come from apes if apes are still here? if they had evolved into us, there wouldnt be any f&#036;@&#036;in apes. just my theory. [/b][/quote]
Men did NOT come from apes, we came from a common predecessor which was neither man nor ape. From this branch point, time and geographic separation lead to the development of different species, each occupying it&#39;s own ecologic niche.

hobbes
09-24-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@24 September 2003 - 03:00
Apparently a lot of people here don&#39;t follow archeology.

The oldest Homo sapiens remains found come from Ethiopia. They&#39;re 160,000 years old.

There is not much about archeology on MTV.

El_Jefe
09-24-2003, 02:22 AM
Lucy&#39;s my granny. (http://www.wsu.edu:8001/vwsu/gened/learn-modules/top_longfor/timeline/afarensis/afarensis-a.html)

Of course the whole concept of linear evolution of man has come under a great deal of criticism, lately. Maybe some of our more recently educated members can fill in the gaps. From what I understand, genetic evidence points to the fact that 95 or so percent of all present humans share a common matrilineal ancestor. But I&#39;ve also heard theories that state humans evolved simultaneously at different geographic regions. So what&#39;s the deal?

fkdup74
09-24-2003, 02:36 AM
any one ever read the Bible?

El_Jefe
09-24-2003, 02:41 AM
I realize that it&#39;s a personal failing of mine, but I&#39;ll take genetic evidence and the fossil record over religious texts anytime.

I&#39;ll probably burn in hell. :ph34r:

ClubDiggler
09-24-2003, 02:51 AM
I know what is really stupid.

This thread&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Busyman
09-24-2003, 02:58 AM
go somewhere&#39;s else, bub

hobbes
09-24-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@24 September 2003 - 03:36

I spent 5 consecutive summers at a fundamental Christian camp for 6 week intervals. I have heard all I need to hear about Jesus to make an informed decision.

Throughout time, many "bibles or scriptures" have been created to explain human existence on Earth. How do you know that yours is correct, other than you want too?

The real point is that the Bible is an ejection from the thought process, the powers of reason and deduction. You either believe it or you don&#39;t.

Discussions here are for people who are trying to forumlate a more natural cause for our existence. We can compare notes, debate evidence and best of all we can critique proposed theories for weaknesses. The scientific process does not rely on "faith" at anytime and it has no interest in adhering to a theory which can be proven wrong. Scientists use evidence to create a theory, this theory is modified over time to reflect new information. This is distinct from Religion which takes scientific data and a shoe-horn to make it fit into an immutable and foregone conclusion.

Most people who believe in evolution, think of it a framework about which to structure the data, and most will admit that it is far from satisfactory in explaining creation, but this is what we have to work with at the moment.

Scientists are not endeavoring to disprove God,( in fact, I think they would all be greatly relieved if he made an appearance), but to try and understand the forces at work which brought us to pass.

I find the religious contingent to be quite afraid of scientists, lest they find something that will threaten their beliefs. But religions have kept them hindered and in the dark long enough. Go believe in your Bibles, but don&#39;t call it a science to be taught in schools, and stay out of the way.

hobbes
09-24-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by ClubDiggler@24 September 2003 - 03:51
I know what is really stupid.

This thread&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
He may be right, LOL.

I actually had to scroll up to remind myself what the title of the thread was.

junkyardking
09-24-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@24 September 2003 - 02:36
What&#39;s your point?

The bible is a book, most if not all of it is fiction, ever questioned why "God"
In the bible contradicts himself telling you it&#39;s a sin to kill, then in an other passage "God" is instructing people to kill?
A man who&#39;s strength is in his hair instead of his muscles.
Noah’s boat lacking the space to store billions of species?
Never mind all the different humans.

I could go on but what’s the point, the bible was written by humans it has some historical fact which in itself can be debated but most of it is imagative story telling by humans nothing more.

Evolution is not simply the straight tree that Darwin had thought apart from the common ancestor it&#39;s a interweaving web were Humanoid species competed and interbreed some died some survived to get to this point.

I can prove that evolution is happening now very easily,
Why does the flu virus come back every year?
because it evolves just enough to get past the immune system which wont recognize the new version and has to go though whole process of developing antibodies against it,
Sometimes the evolutionary changes in the Virus are so different from the previous version that you can end up with an epidemic were millions die

That is evolution in action; can you provide proof of your God?

Comic_Peddler
09-24-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@24 September 2003 - 02:36
i have a book that tells me that mice can talk and have a rennaisance style society.
you know what is interesting is that up till 40,000 years ago, homo sapiens were not the only species of man on the planet.

clocker
09-24-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Comic_Peddler@23 September 2003 - 21:54

you know what is interesting is that up till 40,000 years ago, homo sapiens were not the only species of man on the planet.
Evidence here would suggest that we still aren&#39;t...

Billy_Dean
09-24-2003, 07:11 AM
Wow&#33; My little "Take the piss out of Hobbes" thread has grown into a full scale "Take the piss out of everyone" thread&#33;

COOOOL&#33;&#33;

Rappy
09-24-2003, 07:44 AM
Im not much of a believer in the bible half of it doesn&#39;t make sense

And ok so America didn&#39;t help end world war 2 and all the other countries falling to hitlers power like dominos woulda stepped up and stopped it sure its a good thing we stopped it when we did who knows how far hitler could went before he was stopped if u think some of u must be french or Nazis

AIKANE
09-24-2003, 08:17 AM
And I was always thinking that there were no borders here on the net... ;)

[edit] removed typo

james_bond_rulez
09-24-2003, 08:18 AM
eh? :D :lol:

chalice
09-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by AIKANE@24 September 2003 - 08:17
And I was always thinking that there were no boarders here on the net... ;)
No, there are no boarders. It&#39;s more of a day-school affair.
The knowledge here is fairly comprehensive, though.

AIKANE
09-24-2003, 08:25 AM
That&#39;s border (not boarder), my englisch never wasn&#39;t my strong points on school. :P

chalice
09-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by AIKANE@24 September 2003 - 08:25
That&#39;s border (not boarder), my englisch never wasn&#39;t my strong points on school. :P
I know :P

Billy_Dean
09-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RapFan@24 September 2003 - 16:44
Im not much of a believer in the bible half of it doesn&#39;t make sense

And ok so America didn&#39;t help end world war 2 and all the other countries falling to hitlers power like dominos woulda stepped up and stopped it sure its a good thing we stopped it when we did who knows how far hitler could went before he was stopped if u think some of u must be french or Nazis
Maybe if America had entered WW2 when the rest of us did, Hitler would have gone nowhere. The holocaust wouldn&#39;t have happened. Many other countries wouldn&#39;t have been invaded, and tens of millions of innocent people would not have been killed&#33; Remember, it was 1942 when you lot got into it. The war started in 1939&#33; BTW, you came into WW1 in 1917, that started in 1914. You didn&#39;t come into either war to save anyone. You came into WW2 after you were attacked, what would have happened if you hadn&#39;t been? As someone else pointed out, you don&#39;t go into any war without us now tho, do you?

chalice
09-24-2003, 10:33 AM
Same in WW1. USA only entered hostilities after the sinking of the Lucitania in 1917.

blade1356uk
09-24-2003, 02:18 PM
I agree With Horror Fanatic,While London is a average city,all the best films were made in the north The Full Monty Sheffield my great city & let&#39;s not forget Werewolf in London started up in the North it should have been named Werewolf up int North & went down to London for a few bites.Scotland have some great city&#39;s Edinburgh is a prime example.Not wishing to upset our US cousins but slagging off the Country Great Britain where they most originated from is basically slagging off their own family heritage.so think you guy&#39;s .Like the man said WAR what is it good for.

iamhere
09-24-2003, 04:44 PM
You know it is really funny that in the beggining of this thread everyone said that America should mind their own business and stay out of everyone elses countries.

Now I read at the end of this thread that everyone is boo hooing about America not entering WWI and WWII until we were attacked.

Now tell me which do you prefer us to do help out or stay out. Everyone bitches about America, but you need to take a look at your own countires problems and dont tell me they dont have any. Also, ask yourself what has my country done to help out anybody else lately.

chalice
09-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by iamhere@24 September 2003 - 16:44
You know it is really funny that in the beggining of this thread everyone said that America should mind their own business and stay out of everyone elses countries.

Now I read at the end of this thread that everyone is boo hooing about America not entering WWI and WWII until we were attacked.

Now tell me which do you prefer us to do help out or stay out. Everyone bitches about America, but you need to take a look at your own countires problems and dont tell me they dont have any. Also, ask yourself what has my country done to help out anybody else lately.
I&#39;m sure there&#39;s lot of countries in the world that can say they wish America had stayed out of their business.
I, for one, living in Ireland, admittedly a place with its own problems, can say I wish Americans hadn&#39;t funded and armed a lot of IRA/UVF activity. To look at my country&#39;s problems is to look at a lot of countries&#39; problems.
I&#39;m not attacking Americans personally. I&#39;m just saying the USA effects, for better or for worse, the rest of the world whether we like it or not.

Beast
09-24-2003, 05:27 PM
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

J'Pol
09-24-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@24 September 2003 - 11:31

Maybe if America had entered WW2 when the rest of us did, Hitler would have gone nowhere. The holocaust wouldn&#39;t have happened. Many other countries wouldn&#39;t have been invaded, and tens of millions of innocent people would not have been killed&#33; Remember, it was 1942 when you lot got into it. The war started in 1939&#33; BTW, you came into WW1 in 1917, that started in 1914. You didn&#39;t come into either war to save anyone. You came into WW2 after you were attacked, what would have happened if you hadn&#39;t been? As someone else pointed out, you don&#39;t go into any war without us now tho, do you?

Bad news old bean.

You may have just re-iterated a couple of points I made some posts ago. I am sure this shocks you as much as it shocks me.

Proper Bo
09-24-2003, 05:55 PM
you don&#39;t go into any war without us now tho, do you?

well, they do need someone to kill, friendly fire my arse&#33; <_<

J'Pol
09-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Beast@24 September 2003 - 18:27
If all the Europeans had left my homelands the hell alone, and not slaughtered my ancestors, "America" would not be the same... the world would be better had they, instead, adopted the lifestyle that existed with the earth.

You came over as greedy, disease ridden vermin and slaughtered, ruined, raped, killed and "conquered" my ancestor&#39;s land. Suffer at the policies of your motherland&#39;s creation.

The eurocentric and christian policies of greed, perversion, hate, fear and conquest made cultures extinct, and caused a holocaust far worse than the famous European one with that German guy... Seems that is what western culture is good at breeding. Mass murderers.

Until you are willing to face the blood of my ancestors on your predecessor&#39;s hands, stop bitching about the power your world created. Had we "savages" had the same technology the lying bastrds that came across the Alantic had, things would be MUCH different now.
Europeans - that&#39;s a bit sweeping. My ancestry at the time was Irish. I take it we are speaking of some time after 1066 but before 1939.

I stand to be corrected but the Irish were never known for their empire building exploits. Indeed we were probably under the same yoke as your people were.

chalice
09-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+24 September 2003 - 17:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 24 September 2003 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Beast@24 September 2003 - 18:27
If all the Europeans had left my homelands the hell alone, and not slaughtered my ancestors, "America" would not be the same... the world would be better had they, instead, adopted the lifestyle that existed with the earth.

You came over as greedy, disease ridden vermin and slaughtered, ruined, raped, killed and "conquered" my ancestor&#39;s land. Suffer at the policies of your motherland&#39;s creation.

The eurocentric and christian policies of greed, perversion, hate, fear and conquest made cultures extinct, and caused a holocaust far worse than the famous European one with that German guy... Seems that is what western culture is good at breeding. Mass murderers.

Until you are willing to face the blood of my ancestors on your predecessor&#39;s hands, stop bitching about the power your world created. Had we "savages" had the same technology the lying bastrds that came across the Alantic had, things would be MUCH different now.
Europeans - that&#39;s a bit sweeping. My ancestry at the time was Irish. I take it we are speaking of some time after 1066 but before 1939.

I stand to be corrected but the Irish were never known for their empire building exploits. Indeed we were probably under the same yoke as your people were. [/b][/quote]
We&#39;re good at buliding other peoples&#39; empires for them, though, JP.

Biggles
09-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Beast

The technology and the culture are usually inter-linked. If you had the same technology you may well have been the same kind of people - consequently, the world would have been little different from what it is today.

Largely peacefully, earth centred, cultures tend not to go in for heavy industrialisation and mass weapon production.

The indigenous peoples of the Americas, Australia and parts of Africa got a raw deal. There is little point in denying the fact. It was once said that to determine if a a man is saintly ask his wife. Those cultures that have lived alongside the results of European migrations rarely give us the thumbs up on that one. It is little surprise that they have cherished their own religions and cultures in the face of the contradictions presented by the incoming ones (put crudely "Our God is love - now give us your land.")

It tends not to be widely known but the population of the Americas was greater than that of Europe in 1500 and through war and disease over a couple hundred or so years that population fell between 15 to 20 million. A genocide in anyones&#39; book.

Beast
09-24-2003, 06:24 PM
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

J'Pol
09-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Beast

I appreciate your anger. However do you think it really justifies your descent to the levels of the very people you protest against. Not all of Europe is guilty of raping your country.

Please feel free to attack specific groups if you wish, however leave the rest of us out of it. In fact as a said earlier, we are probably also victims of the same oppressors and looters.

blade1356uk
09-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+23 September 2003 - 18:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 @ 23 September 2003 - 18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Horror fanatic@23 September 2003 - 04:25
(whoever started this is probably pissed cause he couldnt get a visa or somethin&#33;) [/b][/quote]
Def Leppard Mate

Beast
09-24-2003, 06:49 PM
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

J'Pol
09-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Beast+24 September 2003 - 19:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beast @ 24 September 2003 - 19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@24 September 2003 - 10:42
Beast

I appreciate your anger. However do you think it really justifies your descent to the levels of the very people you protest against. Not all of Europe is guilty of raping your country.

Please feel free to attack specific groups if you wish, however leave the rest of us out of it. In fact as a said earlier, we are probably also victims of the same oppressors and looters.
Duly noted, I just went off. You are pretty much always a stand up guy, and at this point you are correct....

Reigning it in a little and attempting to clean filth off me....

Off to get a caffinated drink&#33; [/b][/quote]
Beast

LOL

Top Man - I love passion like yours, particularly when combined with the ability to moderate one&#39;s self. It is rare.

Cheers Mate.

bigboab
09-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Just a wee point on superior technology or lack of it. Why do fundamentalists use bombs and not clubs and bows and arrows.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-24-2003, 11:59 PM
I can not believe the Mods would have alowed this thread to go on.I thought we were not here to go against other Countries or People.But from what I am getting this place is becoming anti America.

;) But that is ok..........we all know how I fell about Canada.

bigboab
09-25-2003, 12:04 AM
Your not anti anything FC if you state facts. It was just a few people who made rash statements(One about my country in particular) then retreated, that caused all this apparently anti American thread.

The Horror fanatic
09-25-2003, 12:54 AM
this thread has gone on for a long time. what is common fact is that in any country thers is that select few that are just born stupid. if we were all born virtually the same we would all like the same and sound like constant sticking records. what is fact is that some countries have done stupid things. We all know what happened in WW1 and WW2, the americans sat back and let the true fighters do all the dirty work. And because of their help in finishing the wars we are always eager to join their fights elsewhere, like IRAQ and so on.

hobbes
09-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Well, as you know, this thread originated from my idealistic belief that Americans were superlative at everything. I bristled when Clocker suggested that we were stupid. I took umbrage, I did. We are not just stupid, I advised, we are Americans and we don&#39;t do things half-way, we are the stupidest.

Well, well, well, extracting that exchange from another thread, Billy Dean hoisted this little thread upon the world, and let you people open your mouths and hearts, voicing opinions on topics ranging from the World Wars to evolutionary theory. You people have presented evidence here, for which I have no rebuttal. You have offered statements here, which have left my mouth agape and drooling. Your eloquence with words has left me praying for a world of mimes. In short, touche, well done, I surrender.

I do, hereby, fully retract the statement that Americans are the stupidest, in light of the evidence given in these 4 pages. I honestly don&#39;t think we even place in the top 10 anymore.

Again, good points, well presented.

fkdup74
09-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by blade1356uk+24 September 2003 - 10:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blade1356uk @ 24 September 2003 - 10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FKDUP74@23 September 2003 - 18:19
<!--QuoteBegin-The Horror fanatic@23 September 2003 - 04:25
Def Leppard Mate [/b][/quote]
oops...it was leppard (shoulda remembered that , theyre bout all i listened to in school) but wasnt zeppelin also? cant remember....lol anyway people, my reference to the Bible has no actual bearing on my belief in it, was merely offering alternative to Darwin&#39;s B.S. yeah, the Bible may contradict itself, but scientists are continually proven wrong or questionable by new discoveries. so i guess were all just basing our posts on theory, not hard facts. btw, anyone else have a feeling that ww3 just MAY start in a freakin web forum? :lol: (jk)

lynx
09-25-2003, 07:06 PM
Robert Plant and John Bonham were both from the Birmingham area, Jimmy Page was from the Middlesex/Surrey area of west London, John Paul Jones was from south-east London.

fkdup74
09-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by lynx@25 September 2003 - 11:06
Robert Plant and John Bonham were both from the Birmingham area, Jimmy Page was from the Middlesex/Surrey area of west London, John Paul Jones was from south-east London.
thanks lynx (as you can see my memory doesnt always serve me vry well) :D

Billy_Dean
09-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+25 September 2003 - 02:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 25 September 2003 - 02:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@24 September 2003 - 11:31

Maybe if America had entered WW2 when the rest of us did, Hitler would have gone nowhere.&nbsp; The holocaust wouldn&#39;t have happened.&nbsp; Many other countries wouldn&#39;t have been invaded, and tens of millions of innocent people would not have been killed&#33;&nbsp; Remember, it was 1942 when you lot got into it. The war started in 1939&#33;&nbsp; BTW, you came into WW1 in 1917, that started in 1914.&nbsp; You didn&#39;t come into either war to save anyone.&nbsp; You came into WW2 after you were attacked, what would have happened if you hadn&#39;t been?&nbsp; As someone else pointed out, you don&#39;t go into any war without us now tho, do you?

Bad news old bean.

You may have just re-iterated a couple of points I made some posts ago. I am sure this shocks you as much as it shocks me. [/b][/quote]
Sorry about that JP, we really should coordinate more, to save this happening again.

I trust our paths will remain parallel in future.

Octopussy
09-26-2003, 01:49 PM
wtf it was ur war it all all in eurpoe us only got involved when they got attacked so stfu C*** suxxors

Billy_Dean
09-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Octopussy@26 September 2003 - 22:49
wtf it was ur war it all all in eurpoe us only got involved when they got attacked so stfu C*** suxxors
Ah ... there&#39;s nothing like a good old intellectual argument to warm the cockles of your heart.

evilbagpuss
09-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Stupid Illiterate American

I see we&#39;re back on topic again&#33; Or should that be...

i c wr bak n tipoc igin igin&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol: .

sorry guys, I know you&#39;re not all stupid ;) . Sometimes it just seems that the non-stupid Americans are a tiny minority&#33; Please accept my heartfelt sympathies, it must be a nightmare&#33;

hobbes
09-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by evilbagpuss+26 September 2003 - 16:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evilbagpuss &#064; 26 September 2003 - 16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Stupid Illiterate American

I see we&#39;re back on topic again&#33; Or should that be...

i c wr bak n tipoc igin igin&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol: .

sorry guys, I know you&#39;re not all stupid ;) . Sometimes it just seems that the non-stupid Americans are a tiny minority&#33; Please accept my heartfelt sympathies, it must be a nightmare&#33;[/b][/quote]
I think they are just rising to the level of the competition. Attempting to speak to you in a vocabulary you can understand.

El_Jefe
09-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by evilbagpuss@26 September 2003 - 10:42
sorry guys, I know you&#39;re not all stupid ;) . Sometimes it just seems that the non-stupid Americans are a tiny minority&#33; Please accept my heartfelt sympathies, it must be a nightmare&#33;
The non-stupid americans being a minority is not a condition specific to the US. :)
Intelligence is a rare commodity no matter what nation you may live in. For some reason, we (Americans) just seem to enjoy exporting our stupidity more than other countries. We let the stupid among us host radio and television programs. Then make sure the signals for them travel to every imaginable region of the world. We elect them to higher office. We even give them all computers and broadband connections, just so they can advertise the deficiencies of the american educational system on a more global scale.

Our stupid are not more numerous, just louder. :lol:

Don&#39;t worry, you guys are doing a good job of playing catch up, I get BBC on cable, now. :P

evilbagpuss
09-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I think they are just rising to the level of the competition. Attempting to speak to you in a vocabulary you can understand[/b]

I barely understood him at all hobbes :) and I&#39;m reasonably sure I&#39;ve never spelt &#39;you&#39;re&#39; as &#39;ur&#39; or &#39;europe&#39; as &#39;eurpoe&#39;.

<!--QuoteBegin-El Jefe
Don&#39;t worry, you guys are doing a good job of playing catch up, I get BBC on cable, now[/quote]

hehe, I think your forgetting about "Fair and Balanced" Fox &#39;News&#39; ;) It is, after all, more of a far right comedy series that encourages the criminally insane to shout "hell yeah, we&#39;re the best", "fuck france, eat freedom fries", "damn muslims, hang em high" and various other pearls of wisdom at the TV&#33;

If we really wanted to catch up with you guys we&#39;d have to elect a chimp as prime minister and declare war on turrrrr and turrhsm&#33; :P

clocker
09-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by evilbagpuss@26 September 2003 - 09:31

hehe, I think your forgetting about "Fair and Balanced" Fox &#39;News&#39; ;) It is, after all, more of a far right comedy series that encourages the criminally insane to shout "hell yeah, we&#39;re the best", "fuck france, eat freedom fries", "damn muslims, hang em high" and various other pearls of wisdom at the TV&#33;

All of our television sets now come with channel changers- very handy devices.

Just hang in there, I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll make their way over to you in the not-too-distant future.

El_Jefe
09-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Actually, I wasn&#39;t forgetting Fox News at all. In fact, I was inspired by it, you could say. ;)

evilbagpuss
09-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by clocker
All of our television sets now come with channel changers- very handy devices.

Just hang in there, I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll make their way over to you in the not-to-distant future.

In that case.. can you explain why every time I read a post about Israel from one of &#39;you guys&#39; it&#39;s merely a repetition of Fox News&#39; pro-Israel propaganda?

clocker
09-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by evilbagpuss@26 September 2003 - 09:55

In that case.. can you explain why every time I read a post about Israel from one of &#39;you guys&#39; it&#39;s merely a repetition of Fox News&#39; pro-Israel propaganda?
Perhaps because instead of actually reading our posts you are paying attention to the echoes of Fox News ( which you must watch constantly to be so familiar with it&#39;s views...) in your head.

evilbagpuss
09-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by clocker
Perhaps because instead of actually reading our posts you are paying attention to the echoes of Fox News ( which you must watch constantly to be so familiar with it&#39;s views...) in your head.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I&#39;ll have to archive that under the "lame excuses" file&#33;

FYI I watch many different media stations. Its enlightening to see the differences in their propaganda and then look at who owns said media stations.

It certainly brings new meaning to the phrase "Fair and Balanced" thats for sure...