PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Bird

NoX
09-22-2003, 03:41 PM
for the past few nights there is this bird that keeps well "singing" all night long and i cant get any sleep. ive tried chucking rocks and spraying the tree with the hose :) but it keeps coming back every night. any ideas on how to shut it up :)

3rd gen noob
09-22-2003, 03:44 PM
shotgun

seriously though, i know how you feel...there is an owl across the road from my house that wakes me up all the time

El_Jefe
09-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Short of killing it the only way to handle it is to discourage it from being there.

Either go out there everytime the bird is out there, and do what you've been doing, i.e. throwing rocks, squirting water, making loud noises. And I do mean everytime the bird is out there. Eventually(after a very long time), it'll get the hint.

The other way would be to get a replica of a predatory bird, and post it somewhere near the location. That might help.

Or earplugs.

Barbarossa
09-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Annoying bird? Won't let you sleep?

Put her in a taxi and send her home... :P

Mr. Mulder
09-22-2003, 07:14 PM
for the past few nights there is this bird that keeps well "singing" all night long and i cant get any sleep. ive tried chucking rocks and spraying the tree with the hose  but it keeps coming back every night. any ideas on how to shut it up

A bird that sings Lionel Richie songs? ...theres money to be made there my friend ;)

fugley
09-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by __eric__@22 September 2003 - 19:14

for the past few nights there is this bird that keeps well "singing" all night long and i cant get any sleep. ive tried chucking rocks and spraying the tree with the hose but it keeps coming back every night. any ideas on how to shut it up

A bird that sings Lionel Richie songs? ...theres money to be made there my friend ;)
Gnorf!!! Like that it hit the spot!! :blink:

muchspl2
09-22-2003, 07:23 PM
I like all the birds around my house, so much I got a few on display.

http://www.sirlin.net/images/BatesBirds.jpg

TheDave
09-22-2003, 07:35 PM
break its eggs and leave a playing card

Gemby!
09-22-2003, 08:33 PM
but a lizard and make it eat it :huh:

Darth Sushi
09-22-2003, 08:41 PM
http://isd.usc.edu/buzz/pixels/thankspixel/turkeyday2small.jpg

DarthInsinuate
09-22-2003, 08:46 PM
close the window - unless its really loud, then lay a trail of bread crumbs/worms (whatever the 'hip' birds eat today) all the way to another tree outside someone else's window

Gemby!
09-22-2003, 08:50 PM
sing back - it might think its pulled then come over to your window - then get the bat and hit the mutha flucker

infamousalbo101
09-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Chop down the tree :P

hobbes
09-22-2003, 11:30 PM
You have 2 choices:

1) You can stop being such a wuss and just f#ck the damn bird. That is what she wants. She is singing for a mate.

2) To discourage birds from pooping on cars, our local supermarket has installed these little speakers on the facade that give off a series of screeches by a hawk or falcon every five minutes of so. You could use this to scare the bird away, and turn it off at night.

http://www.pestproducts.com/electronicpestcontrol.htm#Bird

Unfortunately it costs 225 dollars.

So save yourself some money, get a 50 cent condom and just get it over with.

j4y3m
09-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@22 September 2003 - 23:30
You have 2 choices:

1) You can stop being such a wuss and just f#ck the damn bird. That is what she wants. She is singing for a mate.

2) To discourage birds from pooping on cars, our local supermarket has installed these little speakers on the facade that give off a series of screeches by a hawk or falcon every five minutes of so. You could use this to scare the bird away, and turn it off at night.

http://www.pestproducts.com/electronicpestcontrol.htm#Bird

Unfortunately it costs 225 dollars.

So save yourself some money, get a 50 cent condom and just get it over with.
or just tell it to fick off in bird language like "quack qauck" oops i mean tweet tweet :D

bigboab
09-23-2003, 12:16 AM
You could buy one of those ultra sound machines(About £40 uk) and it will scare away everything that moves that has ultra sound hearing. Or you could put down a super glue soaked piece of bread. :P

Guillaume
09-23-2003, 12:18 AM
All of the above...

Or earplugs!