PDA

View Full Version : Illegal or just been greedy?

DuckerRUFC
04-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Illegal or just been greedy?

As the founders of pirate bay have just been convicted it got me thinking....

Are file sharers really robbing companies?
Not only do they make billions a year, they have a massive customer base which would buy movies and music from the stores.
I dont agree with the mass profit they make out of us, but i also dont agree with the profit the founders of pirate bay will make through ad's on there site.

Does anyone agree with me when I say the companies should allow file sharing to go on, LEGALLY, and without risk of fines or prosicution, but prosicute people who make a profit through adverts on their repsective sites?

tesco
04-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes it is. If you are enjoying someone else's creations that they want you to pay for and you are not paying for it then it is stealing.

bilkenter
04-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Are file sharers really robbing companies?Yes it is. If you are enjoying someone else's creations that they want you to pay for and you are not paying for it then it is stealing.

Honestly all we need to do is to make trackers places with less people who knows each other. Then it will be like giving your vista dvd to your friends in real life. I share my wow account with my friend in real life and no police or any other man is chasing after me, the problem with bt is that you share it with a lot of people about whom you have no idea. Therefore it seems like mass distribution from outside, if we were to know each other a lot better, then we could argue that we actually share stuff with each other just like in the real time.

iLOVENZB
04-20-2009, 01:35 AM
the problem with bt is that you share it with a lot of people about whom you have no idea. Therefore it seems like mass distribution from outside, if we were to know each other a lot better, then we could argue that we actually share stuff with each other just like in the real time.

There is a form of filesharing like that, it's called Friend-to-Friend (F2F) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend-to-friend)

angryghost
04-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Yes it is. If you are enjoying someone else's creations that they want you to pay for and you are not paying for it then it is stealing.

Honestly all we need to do is to make trackers places with less people who knows each other. Then it will be like giving your vista dvd to your friends in real life. I share my wow account with my friend in real life and no police or any other man is chasing after me, the problem with bt is that you share it with a lot of people about whom you have no idea. Therefore it seems like mass distribution from outside, if we were to know each other a lot better, then we could argue that we actually share stuff with each other just like in the real time.

haha how would you propose a community like TL could "get to know each other better" then? monthly membership tea parties perhaps?

iLOVENZB
04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
haha how would you propose a community like TL could "get to know each other better" then? monthly membership tea parties perhaps?

Lol. Some trackers have 'get togethers' every month. In which the members set a time, place and date and they 'meet up'

In my opinion it's ridicules and a major security risk, but you usually see this in small trackers.

SoapBar
04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Illegal or just been greedy?

As the founders of pirate bay have just been convicted it got me thinking....

Not only do they make billions a year, they have a massive customer base which would buy movies and music from the stores.

Nothing like convicted customers. :dabs:

bilkenter
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM

why not? I have a couple of friends from certain trackers that i meet regularly. I even run into a few people near the city i live in. Something like TL Turkey group, or TL Egypt et cetera would be pretty nice. You can also make irc usage a must for users. I know not every user can participate on this mandatory irc, yet if they are members, they must be able to spare a few hours in a week for the tracker irc so that we can actually get to know each other a little better. Also, if you are not gonna seed, leech or be active on the forum, what is the point of being on the site really? I see people on ftn bitmetv fsc who doesnt use the tracker actively at all. Some have 300 mb upload and download. If you are not gonna use the tracker, what is the point of being there really unless you are in it for so called community?

hrvy86
04-29-2009, 01:15 AM
why not? I have a couple of friends from certain trackers that i meet regularly. I even run into a few people near the city i live in. Something like TL Turkey group, or TL Egypt et cetera would be pretty nice. You can also make irc usage a must for users. I know not every user can participate on this mandatory irc, yet if they are members, they must be able to spare a few hours in a week for the tracker irc so that we can actually get to know each other a little better. Also, if you are not gonna seed, leech or be active on the forum, what is the point of being on the site really? I see people on ftn bitmetv fsc who doesnt use the tracker actively at all. Some have 300 mb upload and download. If you are not gonna use the tracker, what is the point of being there really unless you are in it for so called community?

you cant force people to do anything..