PDA

View Full Version : awsome hd info?

rhemux
04-18-2009, 11:37 PM
this is eureka tracker ..how is it?
to those who have it
can you post some shots of the most seeded torrents?

hotshot6473
04-19-2009, 12:00 AM
***BREAKING NEWS***

The software we are using at the moment is not reliable. We see strange things happen with ratios and people inform us that their torrent client shows up- and download figures that significantly differ from the figures we have. We had reason to believe this only had to do with the free leech hack we used in the past. Unfortunately this is not the case. Private trackers completely rely on correct up- and download figures, so we decided to change our software completely.

Currently we are preparing a new site/tracker based upon Gazelle, the software developed and used by what.cd. What.cd is one of the leading trackers when it comes to sharing music. They have close to 100,000 members and almost 500,000 active torrents. Their tracker is reliable and that is what's important to us and convinced us to use their software.

What will this change from software mean to our current members?
- We will only migrate the name, password and emailaddress of our current members.
- We will compensate our members for losing their ratio once again.
- We will offer a far more reliable site/tracker.

When will the move to the new site/tracker take place and what will happen until then?
We don't know when we will be ready to move yet. We want to be sure that everything works like it should. This could be days, but also weeks. It all depends on the results of the extensive testing we're about to start. Until we move to the new site/tracker, all torrents on the current site/tracker will be free leech, which means that you can download whatever you want, because we will not check the ratio and the ratio will not matter anymore for the new site/tracker.

We are sorry for the inconvenience once again. We are confident that this will be our last move.

Your Awesome Team

Unstable1
04-19-2009, 01:51 PM
LOL.

Not only can they not encode properly. They can't run a tracker either!

So fail!

puckface
04-19-2009, 01:55 PM
obvious troll is obvious

Unstable1
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
obvious troll is obvious

You tralking to me? I'm most certainly not trolling.

Eureka are shite.

hotshot6473
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
lol and so is that argument

That1Guy
04-19-2009, 04:43 PM
obvious troll is obvious

Eureka are shite.

You denied, then proved him right so fast it made me lol.

Stranger99
04-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes eureka can't run a tracker thats true fail

Unstable1
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM

Eureka are shite.

You denied, then proved him right so fast it made me lol.

You clearly have no idea what trolling means. Criticizing a release group is not trolling.

Eureka produce rubbish encodes. They've even been known to produce encodes which are larger than the bluray source!! They use the same encoding parameters for most of their encodes. They think they know better than the film-makers by adding grain to some of their releases. They use sharpening filters when they shouldn't. I could go on.

Eureka = epic fail.

DouglasQuaid
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
if youre a member of hdbits you know that Eureka are very overrated and are amateurs at best

Hopefully they get their shit together

Unstable1
04-19-2009, 05:12 PM
if youre a member of hdbits you know that Eureka are very overrated and are amateurs at best

Hopefully they get their shit together

Indeed.

That1Guy
04-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I am a member of HDbits and do use the site as my main HD source. I just dont feel the need to go bashing other groups.

Maybe there is some feud in the past that I am unaware of (dont keep up on the torrent drama anymore), But I dont see any reason to say "Eureka are shite.". There are more constructive ways to get your point across...

sperm
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Eureka produce rubbish encodes. They've even been known to produce encodes which are larger than the bluray source!! They use the same encoding parameters for most of their encodes. They think they know better than the film-makers by adding grain to some of their releases. They use sharpening filters when they shouldn't. I could go on.

Eureka = epic fail.

I've been watching a few Eureka encodes recently and am really impressed by the quality and the fact that they are all encoded with DXVA enabled (Hardware Acceleration).

I like CtrlHD and ESiR releases but I'm coming to the conclusion that Eureka encodes offer better picture quality.

make your mind up!!! (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-why-has-hdbits-banned-eureka-post3030652/postcount1) :lol:

That1Guy
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
lmao, nice find (im much to lazy).

So either he was banned and pist off. Or (more likely) he is pissed off about losing upload do to the past F'ups.

I will admit is kind of annoying, and will probably make me wait a while before I use the site again once it resets.

saulin
04-20-2009, 04:31 PM
How is Eureka's quality anyways?

All I know is that they seem to do only 1080p rips and their rips are huge. That's why I don't get them. I only get 720p which are usually 4.3gigs. I have to say that ESiR is ok but the best quality rips I have found are from wiki. Too bad there aren't many releases out there from them. Although I heard HDChina is their home so there might be a good selection there.

Unstable1
04-20-2009, 05:53 PM
I've been watching a few Eureka encodes recently and am really impressed by the quality and the fact that they are all encoded with DXVA enabled (Hardware Acceleration).

I like CtrlHD and ESiR releases but I'm coming to the conclusion that Eureka encodes offer better picture quality.

make your mind up!!! (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-why-has-hdbits-banned-eureka-post3030652/postcount1) :lol:

Lol. I was half expecting that.

Basically, I've changed my mind since learning more about HD encoding. For a while, I thought Eureka were good, but I was basing that opinion on just a couple of encodes and was fooled by the use of sharpening filters.

I know better now. :P

There was a time when I thought 700mb XVids were great quality. We live and learn.

lmao, nice find (im much to lazy).

So either he was banned and pist off. Or (more likely) he is pissed off about losing upload do to the past F'ups.

I will admit is kind of annoying, and will probably make me wait a while before I use the site again once it resets.

Completey wrong. I'm not even a member of "Awesome HD" and never will be. I've never been banned from any website, never mind Eureka's.

All I know is that they seem to do only 1080p rips and their rips are huge. T

That's because (like I said earlier) they apply extra effects to their encodes, like grain and sharpening filters. Basically, they do not encode with the aim of transparency to the source. They think they know better than the film-makers and use sharping filters and grain in their encodes, sometimes resulting in encodes which are bigger than the bluray source!! They also compensate for their lack of encoding skill by upping the bit-rate to ridiculously high levels, which significantly increases the file sizes.

Thanks to HDBits, I now understand why Eureka are poo, and I'm big enough to admit that my original opinion of them was wrong.

Ashed
04-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Which releases are you talking about, Unstable1? I've only seen 1 release by EuReKa that had the grain effects applied and that was their Batman Begins rip.

shipwreck
04-20-2009, 08:28 PM

All I know is that they seem to do only 1080p rips and their rips are huge.

This is not true. They do release 720p rips also, the size varies between 4.5-8GB.

Which releases are you talking about, Unstable1? I've only seen 1 release by EuReKa that had the grain effects applied and that was their Batman Begins rip.

I second this. Would really like to know which rips he is talking about.

Eureka releases are usually of good, sometimes even excellent quality. And as far as size is concerned, even ESiR releases can exceed 20GB a movie (60GB for a trilogy).

saulin
04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
They release 90% at least in 1080p, I have not seen many 720p at all. At least not right now. Maybe in the past they released a few 720p rips.

shipwreck
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
The majority of their releases are 1080p indeed, but occasionally, they do release 720p rips, usually the same movie in both resolutions, 1080p and 720p.

harsha11
04-24-2009, 02:11 AM
hmmmmm

Ashed
04-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Unstable1?

VinX
04-25-2009, 06:00 AM
eureka rips were awesome on Bit-hdtv

user420
04-25-2009, 05:35 PM
I actually like Eureka rips (1080p) I have compared to a few other releases and I think they make slightly better encodes than other groups. So I dont understand whats all this negative talk.. But maybe its a opinion thing..

The_Martinator
04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
That sure is strange news. I think I'll just do as I have done untill now, that is get all my HD stuff from Hdbits.

saulin
04-26-2009, 02:23 AM
My TV is too small for 1080p and I have a PCH player from www.popcornhour.com (http://www.popcornhour.com) to watch high def stuff, I would try out Eureka's rips but they are too big to download so I just stick to 720p. I have to say that ESiR and Wiki seem like the best for me so far for 720p stuff.