PDA

View Full Version : I want a seed box for a specific purpose

abosamer
04-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm seeking for a seedbox for a while and didn't find a good one to serve my needs.

the main purpose to buy a seedbox is to upload files on rapidshare . And these files are from torrent sites which I have to keep good ratio on it but mainly I need the seedbox for uploading not buffering .

And the biggest problem is that not only me that will work on uploading , but like 8 people who will do the same work .

So , I'm searching for a way to give my friends access to the seed box and let them download and upload on rs ( using rs uploader or manager program ) all on the same box .

I don't like remote uplaoding that rs provide , so I think the best way is by remote desktop connection ( or windows 2003 web edition as some one suggest b4 ), or something similar .

So can anyone suggest a good seed box let me do what I want ?

I can pay like 80 Euro per month ( I can handle setup fees )

fullparty
04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I´ve sent some info that could be interesting for you, check your inbox abosamer ;)

abosamer
04-20-2009, 06:33 AM
answered to some pms

But can some one write here what is the best thing that I should get ?

BethCooper
04-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe a server with powerful hardware and Ubuntu/Debian with Gnome would suit you well.
Easy to create multiple user accounts, easy to use and learn the invironment.

manu1991
04-20-2009, 09:39 AM
You need powerful hardware

Either hosting-ie / server.lu . OVH can cap you for excessive usage

abosamer
04-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Maybe a server with powerful hardware and Ubuntu/Debian with Gnome would suit you well.
Easy to create multiple user accounts, easy to use and learn the invironment.

Can I make many ubuntu/Debian accounts on the same dedicated server , so my friends can uses them ?

And can I install rs uploader program on each ?

You need powerful hardware

Ok thanks for the info on OVH

but I think Hosting-IE is not in my mind now after some bad experiance that I heard about them .

manu1991
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
then server.lu is good

for 69E , you can get the DS4000 with Athlon X2 4800+ , 4 GB RAM and 640GB HDD

sparcode
04-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Can I make many ubuntu/Debian accounts on the same dedicated server , so my friends can uses them ?
And can I install rs uploader program on each ?

Sure, you can make unlimited accounts on dedicated linux box.
Use google and search linux rapidshare upload script, like:
http://images.rapidshare.com/software/rsapiresume.pl
http://www.brutal-billig.com/howto-use-shell-to-download-rapidshare-links.html
or
http://code.google.com/p/python-rapidshare-upload/

FransTormer
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Only if you max out your connection constantly. I think that with 8 people doing things at the same time, will quickly send your server to a "abuser-LAN" and give you a much lower speed indeed.

I might be a better idea to find even better suppliers like LeaseWeb. You will pay (a bit) more but you will always have 100Mbit or whatever you pay for.

fullparty
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
I have also recommended to him Leaseweb, but he only wants to expend around 80€

FransTormer
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I have to say, indeed, that 80 Euros is pushing it. It might be feasible on a Linux-distro and non-guaranteed 100Mbit but most definitely not on a Windows-server whatsoever. If more than 2 peeps would like to use Windows RDP, you need additional licenses which come in at around $30.- each while Linux will allow for free remote connections.

rbncrew
04-20-2009, 02:17 PM
OVH premium is good offer imho, last month i did around 30TB traffic without capping. Good way is find guy who want sell sp mini and dont pay setup :).

Sorry for my bad english.

FransTormer
04-20-2009, 02:45 PM
OVH premium is good offer imho, last month i did around 30TB traffic without capping. Good way is find guy who want sell sp mini and dont pay setup :).

Sorry for my bad english.
Hard to believe that is 30TB to the internet; no doubt a good portion of it was within the OVH-datacentre (and thus not subject to possible capping). 30TB to the internet is doing over 11MB/s for every second of the day...:shutup:

rbncrew
04-20-2009, 05:40 PM
It was 50/50 in/out using for torrents mostly, yes it was some traffic to ovh but not the most.

adwrz
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
hmmm i was wanting something sort of like what the person wanted anyone PM me

abosamer
05-03-2009, 06:33 PM
I think I'm gonna buy this one

Professional EG Max dedicated server - OVH (http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/eg_max.xml)

and i will install linux on it

and creat many separated seedboxes with ubunto