View Full Version : One Step Kvcd, It Does Everthing

muchspl2
09-22-2003, 06:18 PM

HellBoY
09-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Nice info ;)

Xelotath
09-22-2003, 07:26 PM
KVCD s a great thing. the only issue is alot of Dvd players don't support it. And i have been looking for an all in one program like this. It is a bitch to do it all yourself. I commend your find.

Dapadipz
09-22-2003, 07:40 PM
nice find ;)

il try that later

asmithz
09-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Alot easyer. :)

muchspl2
09-23-2003, 01:29 AM
should be pinned

soma
09-23-2003, 07:50 AM
hey I live in Thailand, DVD players r not that popular, but we have a VCD player, would the kvcd work on that???

Wizzandabe
09-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Nice guide. :D

muchspl2
09-24-2003, 04:24 AM
excuse the bump
but kvcd is da shiznit

RealitY
10-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Last time I used these resolutions with TMPGenc it seemed they all looked like KRAP except for the ones that ended up being the same file size which was pointless. It seems the compression ruined the quality. I would rather have two CDR's of quality than one KRAP. It seems that if this really was good and could keep the quality with compression we might see movies spread in KVCD format, thus I still see this product as KRAP.

muchspl2
10-01-2003, 08:13 AM
your doing somthing wrong then
if you got a good source (dvd rip)
then it will be @ or better than vcd quailty on one disk (+2 hours)
you can't kvcd a tmd cam, it doesn't work that way!
next time try a dvd rip & if you can't hang with the big boyes don't bitch how bad your encoding skills are, just download a code 9 dvd rip
they do it even better than me and i use avisynth with filters

vivitron 15
10-01-2003, 08:54 AM
we are seeing movies being spread in kvcd format...go to suprnova.org and see how large the kvcd section is.

Clearly the format isnt as good as any dvdrip due to the nature of the divX, XVid encoding; but for people (like me) who put the movie onto disk, it's really handy - having said that, i still usually download the movies as avi and then encode them myself, because i like to keep the original avi for when DivX DVD players drop in price.

Give it another try, its much better than vcd quality :D

edit:
k, just tried acp, set the folders etc and it all seems to work fine, until it loads TMPEGENC, and i get an error "can't interconnect, connect=0" or stg...forgot to write down exact. is it the version of tmpeg (2.520.54.163) im using maybe?

btw: when i click "OK" on the error message, it encoded a "test.avs" twice

muchspl2
10-01-2003, 09:01 AM
Check here http://digital-update.com/forum.php
for more bittorrent links of the kvcd nature:)

vivitron 15
10-01-2003, 09:05 AM
k, these test files are to try to find a suitable quality to do it on

but is the "interconnect=0" usual?

MUSLEMAN
10-01-2003, 10:12 AM
@muchspl2 great post, if i may, throw some visual in there and put it all in a new post so we can get it pinned boss :lol: but remember those noobs need visuals :lol:

muchspl2
10-01-2003, 10:44 AM
cool, it's already pinned @ fast track bb

my first pinned topic, woot
thought about adding pic's
but I really tried to make as simple as possable
proably has spelling errors also
if you want to take some pick and use the guide
I can host a good faq on my ftp site with my bandwith

I take back half the bad things I said about you MM :)

MUSLEMAN
10-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@1 October 2003 - 06:44
cool, it's already pinned @ fast track bb

my first pinned topic, woot
thought about adding pic's
but I really tried to make as simple as possable
proably has spelling errors also
if you want to take some pick and use the guide
I can host a good faq on my ftp site with my bandwith

I take back half the bad things I said about you MM :)
that cool don't wory about it but how about a link for the noobs then also you could grace us with a visual for our forum also boss :lol: :lol: :lol:
edit: but you wanna take only half the bad things back?? :lol: :lol: :lol: what do i do with the rest?? :lol: :lol:

muchspl2
10-01-2003, 12:23 PM
yea your cool, I think we just got off on the wrong foot so to speak
sorry for the petty bickering

ill take some pics later tonight & upload to my sever
I'v been up all night (read:drunk about to pass out)
it's past 6am here central time :D

vivitron 15
10-02-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@1 October 2003 - 08:54
k, just tried acp, set the folders etc and it all seems to work fine, until it loads TMPEGENC, and i get an error "can't interconnect, connect=0" or stg...forgot to write down exact. is it the version of tmpeg (2.520.54.163) im using maybe?

btw: when i click "OK" on the error message, it encoded a "test.avs" twice
*shameless bump*

btw: it all encodes properly, but i have to click "OK" about 4 times each time TMPEGENC starts...most annoying

muchspl2
10-02-2003, 07:20 AM
is it a tmpgenc error ?
can you use it alone, open up tmpg and load a movie and try to encode normale
just pick anything as far as vcd/svcd ect
sound's like you need to reload tmpgenc

write down the same error and post or do a search for it @ kvcd.net
every problem I have had so far I was able to find with a little digging there

RealitY
10-02-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@1 October 2003 - 09:13
your doing somthing wrong then
if you got a good source (dvd rip)
then it will be @ or better than vcd quailty on one disk (+2 hours)
you can't kvcd a tmd cam, it doesn't work that way!
next time try a dvd rip & if you can't hang with the big boyes don't bitch how bad your encoding skills are, just download a code 9 dvd rip
they do it even better than me and i use avisynth with filters
I used a good source...
Not a tmd, I have none...
The 2 hour CD did not have the same quality whatsoever.
The 3 hour CD was complete f**king bigtime ass shit for real.

Who said I was bitching you fart.
Who said I was the king of encoding.

Just stating my results...
If I missed something, I'm not sure what.

Also why aren't release groups using KRAP if its so great...

muchspl2
10-02-2003, 08:28 AM
2 hours give or take will give you real good results when played on a standalone dvd hooked to a tv
when you play a kcvd on you computer its no whare as good as on your tv
check out code9 and toxicposin more and more kvcd's everday
and I not going to fight you if you think kvcd is no good ,piss off
everone else is finding out how good it is

MUSLEMAN
10-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@1 October 2003 - 08:23
yea your cool, I think we just got off on the wrong foot so to speak
sorry for the petty bickering

ill take some pics later tonight & upload to my sever
I'v been up all night (read:drunk about to pass out)
it's past 6am here central time :D
no worry you are good man :lol: keep up the great work and get some sleep for the love of god :lol: :lol:

RealitY
10-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@2 October 2003 - 09:28
2 hours give or take will give you real good results when played on a standalone dvd hooked to a tv
when you play a kcvd on you computer its no whare as good as on your tv
check out code9 and toxicposin more and more kvcd's everday
and I not going to fight you if you think kvcd is no good ,piss off
everone else is finding out how good it is
Perhaps I'll try again, or not...

I will say I only compared the quality on a computer.
Though I fail to see why that would make it differ.
The mpeg just lOOked better than the KRAP.

BTW, you are one HOSTILE f**king monkey, squrill or whatever...

muchspl2
10-02-2003, 09:03 AM
just burn a code9 or toxic posion dvd to kvcd rip (read:not out at theather)
and try it on your home dvd/tv
much better than vcd and it fits on 1 cd, think how many disk you would have saved over the last few years, in my case 1000's
its like a revalution 1 disk movies that are good quilaty, herasay a few years back

btw:its the evil monkey on family guy

ck-uk
10-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Mate,i want to make a kvcd for a mate.I just checked your compat' dvdplayer list for his player,but its not listed.Do u know of any other lists i could check.(wharfedale 750..dvd 750).i really would like to know first before i tri making one..because i cant test with mine as i know it definitely dont support kvcd.

Cheers for a info. :D

muchspl2
10-05-2003, 11:11 AM
check here
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php
I'm tring to get everone to post that can play kvcd on there
also burn this test disc for your friend really is a great test and pretty small need nero
http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2464

ck-uk
10-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah mate i already check dvdrhelp but they dont list kvcd support.Not that i can see anyway.I also know i could've used the test cd but he lives a few miles away,and i have a spare few hrs today so i though if i could find out,i'd just go on and encode one..........No worries ,cheers anyway.

muchspl2
10-05-2003, 11:28 AM
I was talking about the responses from people
just look closer, some times you need to burn a certain way or media
the people who own the dvd players post info on tips, ect..
thats what I was talking about, n e way good luck
edit:just checked several dvd's that I reported played kvcd are not listed :angry:
I am checking into it

ck-uk
10-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@5 October 2003 - 11:28
I was talking about the responses from people
just look closer, some times you need to burn a certain way or media
the people who own the dvd players post info on tips, ect..
thats what I was talking about, n e way good luck
edit:just checked several dvd's that I reported played kvcd are not listed :angry:
I am checking into it
Yes mate i have read "all" the responses.But half of the ppl are clowns mate. :D

Dapadipz
10-05-2003, 12:20 PM
i probably would download more KVCD's if they stated whether they are PAL or NTSC

ck-uk
10-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Dapadipz@5 October 2003 - 12:20
i probably would download more KVCD's if they stated whether they are PAL or NTSC
That shouldnt matter anyway mate.All dvd players play both.With dvds its not that its ntsc that prevents play,its the region- protection.So any video disc will play in any player as long as the formats ((s)v,kvcd dvdr+- ) supported.There are the odd few that doesnt play pal and ntsc but its pretty rare.O'and the odd few tv's aswell but there normally about 10 and over yrs old.Other than that aslong as a player suppports say kvcd it will play.

f'hell this post toke me about 1/2 an hr to do.When i previewed the post it kept putting a break after every line for some reason. :D

Dapadipz
10-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk+5 October 2003 - 13:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ck-uk @ 5 October 2003 - 13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dapadipz@5 October 2003 - 12:20
i probably would download more KVCD&#39;s if they stated whether they are PAL or NTSC
That shouldnt matter anyway mate.All dvd players play both.With dvds its not that its ntsc that prevents play,its the region- protection.So any video disc will play in any player as long as the formats ((s)v,kvcd dvdr+- ) supported.There are the odd few that doesnt play pal and ntsc but its pretty rare.O&#39;and the odd few tv&#39;s aswell but there normally about 10 and over yrs old.Other than that aslong as a player suppports say kvcd it will play.

f&#39;hell this post toke me about 1/2 an hr to do.When i previewed the post it kept putting a break after every line for some reason. :D [/b][/quote]
:lol:

thanks for the info

it must be my t.v - wen i play a NTSC SVCD it played black & white but wen i eject the disc the screen flickered and u saw it in colour jus before the disc came out

Captain Nemo
10-06-2003, 12:42 AM
@muchspl2

I found your post on their forum, while looking for an answer to my error, and was wondering Have you actually got ACP to work ?

I keep getting this error ;

bitrate max&#58; 1150
bitrate min&#58; 300
quality&#58; 50
C&#58;&#092;My Documents&#092;TMPGEnc-2.521.58.169-Free&#092;TMPGEnc.exe &#34;C&#58;&#092;My Documents&#092;Vid&#39;s&#092;Test&#092;video.tpr&#34; /Encode /Close
error, check settings and files

Do I need ACP to put a full length movie on a cd-r or can I just encode it with TMPGEnc?

And one more issue I am having is,..... Nero automatically encodes the video when I click the burn option, I have noticed a few ppl have said that they don&#39;t use nero to encode so,.... how do I stop Nero from encoding :blink:

BTW I did the test burn and all worked fine on my Apex AD-500W except the last clip (#6)

muchspl2
10-06-2003, 01:00 AM
was wondering Have you actually got ACP to work

yes

Do I need ACP to put a full length movie on a cd-r or can I just encode it with TMPGEnc?
no you can just use the templets and do the audio your self(see second kvcd method) acp just makes it easier

how do I stop Nero from encoding
you have to convert it to mpeg with a encoder, nero has one built in, but it does a poor job, it&#39;s the best burning program tho

tmpgenc,cce,main concept or the big three encoders

I really don&#39;t know what I did, but I kept messing with it till it worked
I had to uninstall and deleat several times, its a bug I guess
can you play the avs in wmp?

Captain Nemo
10-06-2003, 01:08 AM
That was really fast,...

can you play the avs in wmp?

When you say avs are you talking about the audio part of it ?, If so yes the audio file plays fine all the way thru.

I will give a go of un-installing and re-installing directly.

Edit:

you have to convert it to mpeg with a encoder
This will stop Nero from automatically encoding?

Thanks

muchspl2
10-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Captain Nemo@6 October 2003 - 02:08

This will stop Nero from automatically encoding?

yes it will

and it should make a small.avs file(its a avisynth scrip)
open it with windows media player, if it plays slow, you should be good to go(just how it works)
you can also open it in notepad to see the script

I had to un-installing and restore defaults in the paths tab several times to get it going.

j4y3m
10-06-2003, 03:33 PM
whats the catch.....lol i dont think my player supports it anyone tested an lg 10000 or sometinhg lol

muchspl2
10-06-2003, 03:50 PM
try the test disc, small
or download a movie off suprnova.tk or http://www.digital-update.com/forums/index.php

Captain Nemo
10-07-2003, 02:15 AM
muchspl2, Everything is working well now, had to uninstall 4 times and reset paths as you stated.

Thanks for your help

Awsome tool and no loss in quality either ;)

Edit: I did do one thing different tho, I uninstalled AviSynth and found the download for it, I think v208, everything ran smoothly after that.

muchspl2
10-07-2003, 02:51 AM
cool, glad you got it going
its just a weird bug that happens sometimes pretty rare for the most part

Adster
10-25-2003, 02:48 AM
ok when I start it it says somethign about virualdub :huh:

is it exracting the auiod or something :blink:

muchspl2
10-25-2003, 04:58 AM
yes that the first part, welecom to kvcd world :D

ibb1982
11-07-2003, 02:29 AM
You&#39;re a life saver, this is just the type of thing I&#39;ve been looking for&#33;&#33;&#33;

God Bless you Muchspl2&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

ibb1982
11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Wow KVCD is awesome, it does everything for you&#33;&#33;&#33;

Just a quick question, you know the fps in ACP do I need to change it to match the film I&#39;m about to encode?

I&#39;ve done that so far, eg I had a 23.9 fps film, ACP was say 25fps so I changed it to 23.

Does it make any diffrence or should I just let ACP do the working out?

muchspl2
11-07-2003, 10:30 PM
open the file in gspot it will tell you the framerate then match it in acp

ibb1982
11-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@7 November 2003 - 23:30
open the file in gspot it will tell you the framerate then match it in acp
ok thats cool, I was using Windows propertiies thing, that shows the frame rate, cool.

I&#39;ve been doin it right then.

I&#39;ll say this again KVCD rocks&#33;

ibb1982
11-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Man its awesome (this is not intended to be a bump).

I can encode a film in just under 1hr, and the quality is @ VCD or near SVCD quality, I&#39;m soo chuffed man, got 5 cds burnt 2night&#33;&#33;&#33; And they all work&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; WOOOHOOO&#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D :D

Muchspl2 what is your fave settings? Just out of interest, did you just stick to the defaults (thats what I&#39;m currently doin).

If you can it would be amazing if you could give us your preferred settings.

Thanks again for introducing us to ACP&#33;

muchspl2
11-08-2003, 12:59 AM
typically leave tmpgenc on slowest highest quality (takes alot longer esp the prediction)
allso if its a poor rip you can get advanced by adding to the avisynth scrip filters and such, but not to easy doing that
probably the easiest would be downloading movie stacker and just copy/paste the avisynth scrip that it produces

the302riddler
11-15-2003, 11:20 AM
I am trying to make my first Kvcd movie as we speal. I am a major noob, but this seems so awesome. I used TMPGEnc b4, but i came to a conclusion it was only good for burning movies into DVD format. Like taking a 700,000kb movie, and making it much better quality and much larger to fit onto a DVD.

I only hope that with TMPGEnc and ACP&#39;s help, that I can burn a movie onto a regular CD.

Thanks muchspl2, so far i love u&#33; LOL

the302riddler
11-15-2003, 11:26 AM
I have a couple of questions since im a noob. First ocne u click start, and a black box comes up from and is counting the seconds extrememly fast, what is this doing?

Next question, once the black box counting time hella fast is done, and TMPGEnc pops up, it starts showing the movie in fragments, and takes bout 5 minutes, and its all blotchy. What is this?

Next; The movie like starts all over tpmgenc and is still the same as the first time, blotchey and semes to be skipping a lot of scenes.

Is everything ok so far?

muchspl2
11-15-2003, 11:35 AM
perfectly normal the first box is the audio extraction and the next box is the conversion to mp2, then your question about tmpgenc open & closing is normal also, its just predicting the file size, when you say all blotchy, you are using a good rip or dvd, cams and poor rips make for bad kvcd&#39;s just so you know before your disappointed

the302riddler
11-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Yes I read that previously in a post. That is why when I choose to select a movie to test out, I picked one with good quality. My monitor is 17 inch wide screen (width is same as 19 inch, but higth is normal 17 inch) and I am using a resolution of 1600 X 1200. The movie I choose takes up about half the screen in windows media player, with wmp playing the movie at 100%. Not enlarged or anything.

So it is normal for tpmgenc to start all over again? This time it seems less blotchy, like it is getting smoother and smoother maybe each time it re-sets?

Marius24
11-15-2003, 05:58 PM
i did all that was said to convert the movie but before i burn it i go to open it with wmp and all i get is a black screen with

AVISOURCE : couldn&#39;t locate a decompressor for fourCC xvid (D:&#092;BACK-UP&#092;video.avs, line 1)

i can hear the audio though, and i have tried it with 2 different file, both did the same <_<

any help???

the302riddler
11-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Once ACP has run its course, how do I burn it onto a CD? I have Roxio easy cd creator. How should i burn it?

muchspl2
11-17-2003, 11:28 AM
ok you need nero, at least thats the easiest I have found

http://www.nero.com it gives you 30 day trail then you need to find a serial #

pick vcd in the wizard, and make sure you un check make standard compliant vcd

so make sure this is NOT checked http://www.obengware.com/tips/2000/vcdphoto1.jpg

the302riddler
11-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks man, anywhere that I can dl a full version of Nero? That way I dont have to delete it/re-install it every 30 days, lol.

Thanks a lot man, u are GOD&#33;

muchspl2
11-17-2003, 11:43 AM
thanks, lots of good positive feedback so far, as far as nero, well you download the full version from nero, you only need to find a serial # before your trail is up ;)

the302riddler
11-17-2003, 11:49 AM
What Nero is that u are using there i the pic?

I jsut dl the new nero 6.0, and it looks a lot diff, do i have to dl an older Nero?

muchspl2
11-17-2003, 11:53 AM
no I just found a pic on google, I didn&#39;t take a pick of nero 6 and upload it to my server, it should be the same, just alittle different cosmetically

just trying to show you the idea :)

the302riddler
11-18-2003, 05:52 AM
Hey muchspl2, i need your help again man. I have a Son DVP-S360 DVD/CD/Video CD player. I found that place to uncheck compliant CD and burned it jsut like u told me too. I put it into the Sony DVP-S360 and it doesnt read the cd i put in.

Did i burn it wrong or something? How do I get this to work...im getting fustrated&#33;&#33; :angry:

Please helo me

muchspl2
11-18-2003, 06:28 AM
don&#39;t know, its on the compatibility chart :
Sony DVP-S360 - 352x240( 288 ), KVCDx3A, 704x480( 576 )

does the cd you burned play on your pc? if it doesn&#39;t you did something wrong, if it does play on your pc, for what ever reason your dvd player isn&#39;t reading it, did you try the nrg test file, you might have to do it the second way, its not automatic like with acp :( but its not to hard its step by step

the302riddler
11-18-2003, 06:44 AM
ACP converted my video into mpg format, is that correct?

It started as an avi file, so am i still doing everything right?

muchspl2
11-18-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by the302riddler@18 November 2003 - 07:44
ACP converted my video into mpg format, is that correct?

It started as an avi file, so am i still doing everything right?
what do you mean it started as a avi?

does the movie you converted play on your pc, not the avi the kvcd
its a mpeg1 file, you should be able to lay it with most any player I preferr videolan, trace the destination folder to find out whear you put the finished kvcd, then open it

the302riddler
11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
ok, when i first downloaded the movie from kazaa, it was a .avi file. Like movie.avi

Then after i convert it with acp it turns into a .mpg file. Like movie.mpg

Both formats play in my windows media player, just the the new movie (the .mpg format) is much smaller compared to the original movie (that was in .avi format).

Is this wrong?

muchspl2
11-18-2003, 08:13 AM
no thats how you fit a 2 hour movie on one disc

the302riddler
11-18-2003, 08:16 AM
now i jsut need that movie to play on a dvd player&#33;&#33;&#33;

Arghh, how do i get that to work? Can I talk to u on IRC or AIM or something...this is bugging me&#33;

the302riddler
11-18-2003, 08:26 AM
that same place where you uncheck the compliant cd, should it be a PAL or NTSC resolution?

the302riddler
11-18-2003, 11:09 AM
ok, maybe i am doing this wrong, or acp or tmpgenc is set-up wrong. But here the log from the latest vcd i just did. The movie on my computer works with windows media player b4 and after acp does what it does.

This was the smallest video i had, and I got it for a 4 year old kid me and my gf babysit for, so dont make fun of me&#33; LOL :D All though the movie took me back a lot of years...I couldnt remember the last time i watched batman, lol.

Here is the log. Anyone see any problems with it? Or anything I need to change, I unchecked the complaint thing also.

----------------------------------
C:&#092;Win Amp&#092;Superman (Batman Crossover) - Knight Time (1).avi
size:352x240
frames: 39100
seconds: 1305
fps: 29.9697236806806
videocodec: DivX;-) MPEG4 v3
audiocodec: 2
acp version: 0.9.990

start: 11/18/2003 2:13:29 AM

free disk space on E:&#092; 5622.56 Mbytes

audio demux
E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;ACP&#092;acp&#092;VirtualDubMod&#092;VirtualDubMod.exe /s"E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Kvcd&#092;audio.jobs" /x

avi audio length: 219.33 mb

audio demuxed: 11/18/2003 2:13:59 AM

free disk space on E:&#092; 5403.22 Mb

audio coding
converting to mp2: E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;ACP&#092;acp&#092;BeSweet&#092;BeSweet.exe -core( -input "E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Kvcd&#092;audio.wav" -output "E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Kvcd&#092;audio.mp2" -logfile "E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Kvcd&#092;audio.log" ) -ota( -g max ) -ssrc( --rate 44100 ) -toolame( -m s -b 128 -e )
mp2 file done: 11/18/2003 2:15:22 AM

transcoded audio length: 20371 kb

audio transcoded: 11/18/2003 2:15:22 AM

free disk space on E:&#092; 5383.32 mb

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
mpeg info
number of i pictures in gop: 1
number of p pictures in gop: 15
number of b pictures in gop: 2
output interval of sequence header: 1
max number frames in gop: 15
matrix: kvcd
intra: 8,9,12,22,26,27,29,34,9,10,14,26,27,29,34,37,12,14,18,27,29,34,37,38,22,26,27,31,36,37,38,40,26,27,29,36,39,38,40,48,27,29,34,37,38,40,48,58,29,34,37,38,40,48,58,69,34,37,38,40,48,58,69,79
non-intra: 16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,22,24,26,30,32,32,34,36,24,26,28,32,34,34,36,38,26,28,30,32,34,36,38,40,28,30,32,34,36,38,42,42,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44

video prediction

+++++++++ avisynth script ++++++++

LoadPlugin("E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;ACP&#092;acp&#092;filters&#092;2.0.x&#092;MPEG2DEC.DLL")
AviSource("C:&#092;Win Amp&#092;Superman (Batman Crossover) - Knight Time (1).avi",false)

IL = 391
SL = 50
SelectRangeEvery(IL,SL)

+++++++ end avisynth script +++++++

bitrate max: 1150
bitrate min: 300
quality: 50
E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Tmpgenc&#092;TMPGEnc.exe "E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Kvcd&#092;video.tpr" /Encode /Close
video transcode test 1 done: 11/18/2003 2:19:37 AM
transcoded video length test: 20328 kb
estimed: 179191 kb (20385 audio+158806 video)
wanted: 711680 kb (20385 audio+691295 video)
video percent: 23
total percent: 25
free disk space on E:&#092; 5363.41 mb

quality: 75
E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Tmpgenc&#092;TMPGEnc.exe "E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Kvcd&#092;video.tpr" /Encode /Close
video transcode test 2 done: 11/18/2003 2:23:20 AM
transcoded video length test: 20331 kb
estimed: 179214 kb (20385 audio+158829 video)
free disk space on E:&#092; 5343.51 mb

quality: 100
video transcode test 3 done: 11/18/2003 2:27:13 AM
transcoded video length test: 20331 kb
estimed: 179214 kb (20385 audio+158829 video)
free disk space on E:&#092; 5323.60 mb

bitrate min: 1100
video transcode test 4 done: 11/18/2003 2:30:57 AM
transcoded video length test: 23224 kb
estimed: 201815 kb (20385 audio+181430 video)
video percent: 26
total percent: 28
free disk space on E:&#092; 5300.87 mb

video coding

+++++++++++ avisynth script ++++++++++

AviSource("C:&#092;Win Amp&#092;Superman (Batman Crossover) - Knight Time (1).avi",false)

+++++++++ end avisynth script +++++++++

bitrate min: 1100

transcoded video length: 181571 kb
real size: 201956 kb (20385 audio+181571 video)
estimed: 201815 kb (20385 audio+181430 video)
desviation between real/estimated: 1.0007
percent: 28

video transcoded : 11/18/2003 2:56:31 AM

free disk space on E:&#092; 5114.15 Mb

multiplexing
E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;ACP&#092;acp&#092;bbMPEG&#092;RunbbMPEG.exe "E:&#092;Program Files E Drive&#092;Kvcd&#092;video.mpg"

cd: 1
final mpg length: 204249 kb

audio and video multiplexed

free disk space on E:&#092; 4914.67 Mb

end: 11/18/2003 3:00:28 AM

the302riddler
11-19-2003, 06:23 AM
ttt

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 06:28 AM
it looks like you did every thing right, if you can play it on your pc after its done, and it fits on one cd, everything good on my end, sound like your dvd player is not 100% kvcd compatible, did you try the nrg test disc? if that doesn&#39;t play at all, then its definitely the dvd player

the302riddler
11-19-2003, 08:06 AM
where do i get that nrg test disc?

Is this the name of it; kvcd-compat-v2.nrg ?

If so, when i try to have Nero burn it says; "some files could not be added becuase the formats are not supported or the files could not be foung".

God i am sooo fustrared.

Icebound
11-19-2003, 08:07 AM
r u burning it as an image and not a vcd?

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 08:08 AM
http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2464

its at the beginning of the guide, do what it says, don&#39;t know about that error
I didn&#39;t get that error when i burned it

the302riddler
11-19-2003, 08:40 AM
I am burning it as a VCD, i will try again with that nrg file. see whats up

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 08:45 AM
yes you have to burn the nrg as a image

Originally posted by from_www.kvcd.net
Note for burning with Nero:
You can use Nero to burn the .nrg file. Just select "Burn CD-Image" from Nero&#39;s menu and select the .nrg file.

the302riddler
11-19-2003, 08:59 AM
I just burned that nrg file onto a disk. I clicked burn cd image and it still didnt work. I also tried burning the nrg file as a VCD, that didnt work either.

Is it just my DVD player? Even though it is on the list as one that will accpet VCD&#39;s, and it even says on the front of it, DVD/CD/VCD.

Am I supposed to burn the final movie that ACP produces as a image also? I have been burning it as a VCD....I am really stumped here&#33;

Marius24
11-19-2003, 09:14 AM
i did all that was said to convert the movie but before i burn it i go to open it with wmp and all i get is a black screen with

AVISOURCE : couldn&#39;t locate a decompressor for fourCC xvid (D:&#092;BACK-UP&#092;video.avs, line 1)

i can hear the audio though, and i have tried it with 2 different file, both did the same <_<

any help???

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 09:43 AM
i couldn&#39;t find anything on kvcd.net
do you have the klite codec pack, you need that in order to render and encode

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by the302riddler@19 November 2003 - 09:59
I just burned that nrg file onto a disk. I clicked burn cd image and it still didnt work. I also tried burning the nrg file as a VCD, that didnt work either.

Is it just my DVD player? Even though it is on the list as one that will accpet VCD&#39;s, and it even says on the front of it, DVD/CD/VCD.

Am I supposed to burn the final movie that ACP produces as a image also? I have been burning it as a VCD....I am really stumped here&#33;
no your kvcd is burned as non complaint vcd
the nrg image is just that a nrg IMAGE meaning you burn as such
I don&#39;t know what your problem is, I burned the nrg with no problems, in fact thats why I made the guide, is because I could play kvcd

pol
11-19-2003, 10:53 AM
just tried this last night and it worked a treat :D

everything went well first go, a 700mb movie running time 1:40 - wasnt the best quality original (older film) but it didnt lose any quality that i could notice

wasnt sure about how to burn it, tried it first with roxio as vcd - roxio threw up error msg&#39;s saying it wouldnt work in a standalone, so i tried nero as a vcd and it worked first time

will try a better quality and longer running file later

cheers muchspl2 - nice find, should get a pin i reckon, too many in here maybe but there&#39;s only 3 in movieworld :D

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 11:02 AM
tried to get it pinned, but I also think too many pinned topics ;)

pol
11-19-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@19 November 2003 - 11:02
tried to get it pinned, but I also think too many pinned topics ;)

pester them for one in movieworld then ;) :P :D

muchspl2
11-19-2003, 11:24 AM
Attn: the powers that be
please PIN

:P oh well, I will still try to help :)

egyptianmafia
11-20-2003, 06:12 AM
muchspl2...thanx a lot...i finished my KVCD burning and all i can say that IT WORKS....IT WORKS....................THANKS A LOT.....I WOULD HAVE NEARLY MADE 4 CDS TO BURN THE MOVIE THE OLD WAY...NOW I DID IT IN ONE CD WITH NO LOSS OF QUALITY....THANK YOU...THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU...THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU

Ok...lets get serious...i burnt using Nero 6.0.0.23....I chose VCD and I UUNCHECKED MAKE A VCD COMPLAINT....... and i dragged and burned......and IT WORKS....I have a Sanyo 7201 and this machine is a beast....plays everything and anything.......ONCE AGAIN MY ATTEMPT WAS SUCCESSFUL USING NERO 6 AND SANYO 7201....

Thanks muchspl2....really appreciated it...

the302riddler
11-20-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey thanks for everyones help, I have another question (I AM SORRY, IM A NOOB, PLEASE DONT HATE ME&#33;&#33;&#33;)

I dl another program to try and help my vcd&#39;s work. Well i dl VCDEasy. And it said this about my video; autopadding requires to insert additional 182820 zero bytes into mpeg stream (due to 9141 unaligned packets of 90075 total).

What does this mean, and I am pretty sure this is why it wont work in my DVD player, anyway to autopad it?

muchspl2
11-20-2003, 10:12 AM
no clue on that error

I only use vcdeasy to add chapters and advance menus, if only nero could do chapters I would never need vcdeasy

the302riddler
11-20-2003, 10:18 AM
lol, dang man, i thought with easyvcd i would be able to do it. I just love ur ACP program&#33; I just now need to find out how to autopad it. LOL

Thanks so much for all ur help muchspl2, i couldnt have done any of this without u, and i am soo close to being able to make a vcd. LOL

tracydani
11-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Ok, didn&#39;t see this addressed.

Can I convert several files to kvcd and burn them all to the same DVD so I can have a few movies on one dvd? Will I still be able to pick and choose all the movies on my dvd player if it is kvcd compatible?

TD

egyptianmafia
11-20-2003, 08:51 PM
when i tried with my movie...i was close to 800 MB so i guess it wont work...

Marius24
11-20-2003, 09:00 PM
when u go to burn it with nero, do you create a vcd compilation?

Marius24
11-20-2003, 09:36 PM
nm it worked :D

egyptianmafia
11-20-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Marius24@20 November 2003 - 16:00
when u go to burn it with nero, do you create a vcd compilation?
I know it worked for you but YOU SHOULD UNCHECK UNCHECK UNCHECK MAKE A VCD COMPLAINT CD

Marius24
11-20-2003, 11:23 PM
i will next time ( when i learn how :ph34r: )

muchspl2
11-21-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by tracydani@20 November 2003 - 14:03
Ok, didn&#39;t see this addressed.

Can I convert several files to kvcd and burn them all to the same DVD so I can have a few movies on one dvd? Will I still be able to pick and choose all the movies on my dvd player if it is kvcd compatible?

TD
with the templates, you can get 20 hours on a dvd, thats like 10 movies give or take
but you have to do them manually, the second kvcd method in my sig, you also have to change the audio to 41000 I think, mind you I haven&#39;t done a dvd yet, maybe soon I think I might get one for x-mas, I have a dvdr, but its not in my computer, its like a standalone dvdr, looks like a vcr, but burns dvd&#39;s

DipSet Taliban
12-08-2003, 12:01 AM
wait so basically i download a movie (avi format) use the acp steps and its on a cdrw. then i can watch it on a dvd player

BILLY-THE-FISH
12-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by DipSet Taliban@8 December 2003 - 00:01
wait so basically i download a movie (avi format) use the acp steps and its on a cdrw. then i can watch it on a dvd player
Yep, as long as your DVD player is compatible&#33;&#33;

muchspl2
12-08-2003, 02:09 AM
if its not listed on the site try the test disc, it playes on most that can play vcd

zirjacks
12-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Just finished making a kvcd using the guide. I must say it is super easy and the quality wasnt much different from the original file&#33; I used a dvd rip of the movie twenty-eight days that I got from BT.

Thanks again for the awesome guide&#33;&#33;

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 12:07 AM
should be fine, and burn with nero, just uncheck make starnderd complient cd, some pictures listed in the thread already of nero 5 but its very similer in nero 6

x_gimpg
12-09-2003, 02:18 AM
:rolleyes: For some reason, my brand new mpg playing dvd player wont play vcd/kvcd, but my old one does almost any format perfectly (not mpg though...) Go figure

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 02:51 AM
strange could try rewriting the header, shot in the dark but it might trick it into reading it, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40078

TheFilePirater
12-09-2003, 03:01 AM
i still believe tv-out is better :P

x_gimpg
12-09-2003, 05:33 AM
On the ACP thing, does it default to pal? How do i change this? Just spent like 4 hours for the thing to convert and now this... grr

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 05:52 AM
i think the default is ntsc, I&#39;m not sure, but you can change it in the video section I believe, I&#39;ll check later tonight, I don&#39;t have acp on this pc ATM

j4y3m
12-09-2003, 03:30 PM
I Downloaded The ACP Thingy And It Said It Was Currupt :blink: I&#39;ll Download It Again...Still Doesn&#39;t Work Help&#33;

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@9 December 2003 - 16:30
I Downloaded The ACP Thingy And It Said It Was Currupt :blink: I&#39;ll Download It Again...Still Doesn&#39;t Work Help&#33;
I just dl&#39;ed it and acp downloaded fine and installed fine so try downloading it to your computer then opening it

@x_gimpg

didn&#39;t see any pal settings, and I have never made a pal video
so I&#39;m sorry :(
you could follow the second guide or maybe ask @ kvcd.net forums

j4y3m
12-09-2003, 04:02 PM
:blink: Works Now :blink:

100%
12-09-2003, 07:29 PM
muchspl2 or anybody else how has worked out this whole Kvcd process.

I have read thru the whole thread..

I just processed an avi thru ACP
and in the destination folder i find the following;

log.txt
video.avs
audio.jobs
audio.log
test.avs
video.tpr
bbmpeg.ini
video00.mpg

Do i Only put the Mpg file in Nero?
or do i need to add some of the other files?
(after unchecking vcd compliant)??
I question this because muchspl2 was talking about burning a NRG file which i dont seem to have? or did i miss something
any advice appreciated

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 07:34 PM
right, just the Mpeg
the "video00.Mpeg" file

the nrg file was a test disc encase your dvd player was not on the compatibly list

100%
12-09-2003, 07:41 PM
THANK YOU

This sounds like another step in Evolution ;)

100%
12-09-2003, 07:51 PM
I just tried to play the mpg file in
media player classic
and error occured stating
"the following pins failed to find a connectable filter"
Stream 1
MPEG-I Stream Splitter

If i play it in VLC - the image plays but no sound.

I recently installed the full KliteCodec pack and added all the codex

Is this error because of the codec pack- should disable some codec
or do i need to change some settings in ACP?

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 07:55 PM
if you didn&#39;t have the codec pack BEFORE you encoded it, pretty sure you will have to do it again

100%
12-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Feeling like a noob,
ofcourse i had it installed before encoding
but it doesnt seem to me that the
MPEG-I Stream Splitter
is in the KliteCodec pack......?

- BSplayer [version 0.86.501]
- DivX Pro [version 5.1.1] [Decoding]
- DivX Pro [version 5.1.1] [Encoding]
- DivX ;) MPEG-4 Low and Fast motion [version 4.1.0.3927]
- XviD [24/June/2003] [Decoding]
- XviD [24/June/2003] [Encoding]
- 3ivX [version D4 4.5]
- Windows Media 7 [version 7.1.0.3055]
- Windows Media 8 [version 8.0.0.371]
- Windows Media 9 VCM [version 9.0.1.369]
- On2 VP3 [version 3.2.5.0]
- On2 VP6 [version 6.0.7.3]
- Cyberlink DVD decoder [version 5.0.0.803]
- Ligos MPEG-2 decoder [version 4.0.77]
- Elecard MPEG-2 decoder [version 2.0.0.2525]
- huffyuv [version 2.1.1]
- Ligos Indeo XP [version 5.2820.15.58]
- Intel Indeo [version 4.51.16.2]
- Intel Indeo [version 3.24.15.03]
- Intel I.263 [version 2.55.1.16]
- Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 DirectShow decoder [version 1.9.0.311]
- Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 ACM Codec [version 1.2.0.63]
- LAME MP3 ACM Codec [version 3.93.1]
- WMA DirectShow decoder [version 8.0.0.4487]
- AC3 DirectShow decoder [version 0.70b]
- Ogg Vorbis DirectShow decoder (CoreVorbis) [version 1.0b5]
- AAC DirectShow decoder (CoreAAC) [version 1.0b8]
- MusePack DirectShow decoder [version 1.0.0.3]
- Voxware DirectShow decoder [version 1.0.0.12]
- AVI DirectShow splitter [version 1.0.0.3]
- Ogg DirectShow splitter [version 0.9.9.6]
- Matroska DirectShow splitter [version 1.0.1.9]
- AAC DirectShow parser
- DirectVobSub (vsfilter) [version 2.31]
- Matrix Mixer [version 0.30b]
- Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher [version 0.9.7]
- SHOUTcast Source [version 1.0.0.1]
- FourCC Code Changer
- GSpot Codec Information Appliance [version 2.21 build 030711]

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Mpeg is stock codec on windows, no extra codec required, but if you didn&#39;t have the propper codec for the movie before you encoded, it won&#39;t come out right, strange
could you play the video before you converted it, with sound and everything was ok?

100%
12-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Yes i could and still can
will reinstall codex to see if it helps
anyway this my problem and does not really apply to your expertise in kvcd
Thanks Again

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 08:21 PM
did you have any other codec packs before you installed the klite codec pack, could be a conflict
uninstall all the others if you had any

what you can do if it still doesn&#39;t play is just alittle more work and have it a complete with sound and video

you will have to follow the second guide or let acp just do the audio again
now first on your finished video00.mpg file open up tools in tmpgenc and demux it, fancy word for separating the video and audio into two files you can discard the original audio since you can&#39;t here it
then mux the newly created mp2 audio file that you made with the second guide or through acp
instructions on how to get the audio:
if you want acp to do it just start over from the beginning and when it starts to predict the video (when ever you see tmpgenc) stop acp then cancel tmpgenc
now you should have the original kvcd (video from the demux) and the newly created audio just open up tmpgenc tools and mux the together to create the complete kvcd audio + video

wow that was long but it really isn&#39;t hard

100%
12-09-2003, 08:28 PM
testing......

100%
12-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Ok -fixed the problem thru seperating audio which is boring

I noticed that the final .mpg file has been visually squashed a bit
so that there is a black border Added along the top and bottom.
is this alterable?

x_gimpg
12-10-2003, 12:11 AM
lol the thing is its not that im trying to make pal, its that VCD is telling me what i converted is in pal :o So i guess i need to change something with the templates or try what i already converted and see how it goes

Thx

muchspl2
12-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@9 December 2003 - 18:18
Ok -fixed the problem thru seperating audio which is boring

I noticed that the final .mpg file has been visually squashed a bit
so that there is a black border Added along the top and bottom.
is this alterable?
glad you got it, you guys might want to do kvcd separately through the other guide, its a pain but you can set it up exactly how you want it

100%
12-11-2003, 09:10 PM
muchspl2
Once again thanks
it works on my dvd player
you are the revolution

(so i guess dvd burners are not so vital now-this version is cheaper)

Marius24
12-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@11 December 2003 - 20:10
(so i guess dvd burners are not so vital now-this version is cheaper)
yeah kvcds rock :D

100%
12-11-2003, 11:05 PM
I think your topic title should be

Play avi,mpg etc on dvd players*

thats the only interesting part

*(if your dvd can play it)

mEtho
12-14-2003, 07:00 PM
how do u change the resolution, lets say i want it to change it to highest one (which i blieve is 568x460 or something like that) and would i still be able to fit 2 hours film on one CD?

phatdoggydogg203
12-14-2003, 10:17 PM
is there a problem when it does a test on timgenc over like 14 times?

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 10:18 PM
its predicting, completely normal

@metho

you have to do it manually with the second guide

phatdoggydogg203
12-14-2003, 10:41 PM
all i do is cancel it , and i dont have to delete anything right?

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 10:48 PM
what, try to make more sense on your next post

phatdoggydogg203
12-14-2003, 10:52 PM
well can i start off with tmpgenc since i allready went thru the other process? if i can which file should i open for the video file

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 10:59 PM
i don&#39;t understand, you want to do it manually follow the second method in my sig

phatdoggydogg203
12-14-2003, 11:03 PM
im doing it manually, but im trying to ask u if can start off with tmpgenc since i allready done most of it autmatically with acp

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 11:07 PM
there is a opting to delete intermediate files, you might have it checked, but if it started to predict you only have the mp2 audio, you can mux it with the finished video encode

phatdoggydogg203
12-14-2003, 11:11 PM
eeh.. i will just start all the way over manually, well the first movie ive done with acp went good, it only tested like around 4 times then the whole movie

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 11:15 PM
its not a test
its predicting the bitrate, higher bitrate = better quality but also makes a bigger file so it calculates how much can fit by encoding a small bit

phatdoggydogg203
12-15-2003, 02:03 AM
u use dvd2avi to convert the vob files all into 1 avi and then u follow the the same process with the manual kvcd guide right?

phatdoggydogg203
12-15-2003, 05:00 AM
ive done all the manual steps, then when i finally get my final mpeg file , i open nero 6 then goes go to burn it to vcd, then nero starts encoding it , why does nero re encode the movie

muchspl2
12-15-2003, 05:31 AM
did you uncheck make complient cd

phatdoggydogg203
12-15-2003, 12:21 PM
is that a option in nero 6 ?

muchspl2
12-15-2003, 12:30 PM
yes make sure its NOT checked
looks like this

http://www.obengware.com/tips/2000/vcdphoto1.jpg<---right in the middle (remember you don&#39;t want it checked)

phatdoggydogg203
12-16-2003, 12:59 AM
well i still use the automatic method with acp, and so far its doing a good job, i just let it go while i sleep and go to school, but anyways right now im using manual method again im encoding the video file with tpmgenc, i allready have the mp2 file ready,after that when i put the audio and video together i&#39;ll go to nero and start to burn the file, hopefully by unchecking that it will help me, thanx

muchspl2
12-16-2003, 02:52 AM
k, good luck post if you got it working :)

phatdoggydogg203
12-16-2003, 10:12 PM
the manual version must hates me lol, i do all the steps then when i record the video cd and then played it in a dvd player it looked all messed up, i could see anything it was all scribbly. well it could be the way the video was riped or something, but anyways when i go to bed tonight im gonna let the movie encode autmatically with acp, see if that makes a difference, thats if acp get pass the test part anyways

apunkrockmonk
12-20-2003, 12:05 AM
i downloaded all the futurama episodes from all 5 seasons, is there a way i can get say, 6 episodes (or 5 atleast) on each cd... each episode is about 21-23 minutes.... but since the program thinks it only has to fit one epidode on one cd it makes it so you can fit no more then 3 episdoes per cd with the size it outputs... sorry if this is a bit confusing, i&#39;m really tired :P thanks for the help

muchspl2
12-20-2003, 12:13 AM
well you could do it manually or you could join like 7 together and use acp
easy video joiner should be pretty fail safe for joining them

apunkrockmonk
12-20-2003, 03:26 AM
if i join them all together... is there a way i can make it so i can skip to any episode... like how a dvd has chapters?

muchspl2
12-20-2003, 06:31 AM
yes, I make chapters on some of the kvcd&#39;s I make
need a program called vcdeasy, just add interactivity and set chapters at 5 or 10 minuets apart
it does the rest, even will burn it if you have nero installed

ultimatejester
12-24-2003, 01:03 AM
Yesterday, i tried to make a kvcd and tmpgenc said "Unable to decompress from avi source file"

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 05:09 AM
was it already mpeg?

ultimatejester
12-24-2003, 06:39 AM
No its an avi file. Thks for replying

sparsely
12-24-2003, 06:40 AM
you have to use nero?
no Alcohol?

ultimatejester
12-24-2003, 06:48 AM
What the hell are you talking about. I gotta convert the movie first and then burn it. I cant even convert it to damn mpeg format.

Btw, i know how to burn a kvcd.

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 06:54 AM
reinstall acp, I had similar problems, I had to reinstall it several times to get it running correctly, otherwise follow the second guide by alamaraco2
most don&#39;t have that problem

sparsely
12-24-2003, 07:05 AM
sparsely does the "nobody-answered-my-question" dance...

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 07:14 AM
you have to do it with nero unless you use vcdeasy, it makes it a bin/cue then you can use alcohol 120%
should just use nero as its the easiest way

sorry I didn&#39;t read your post as a question, more like advice. my bad.

sparsely
12-24-2003, 07:37 AM
I refuse to install nero, but alcohol will burn .nrg files.
has it been tested?

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 07:39 AM
I told you what you need to do, your choice <_<

Cyril
01-02-2004, 10:26 PM
You are da man, this is totally the shit dude. Thanks for this. Had TV out before which was okay but computer downstairs with leads running upstairs to TV made it a real pain in the arse to pause.

Thanks a bundle dude.

muchspl2
01-03-2004, 06:53 AM
no problem
glad to help :)

Marius24
01-03-2004, 10:44 AM
KVCD rocks :D

littlestevee
01-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Hi. Just tried this for the first time&#33;
But...got audio and NO VIDEO
What to do?
Thanks

Cotton
01-05-2004, 06:50 AM
How long does it take to do a 600meg avi file??

TMPGEnc has been encoding the movie over and over for about 20 minutes is this normal??

Cotton
01-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by littlestevee@4 January 2004 - 12:19
Hi. Just tried this for the first time&#33;
But...got audio and NO VIDEO
What to do?
Thanks
I had this same problem, it turns out the Tmpeg path under the path tab was reset to somin weird, i just changed it back to the right path and it work.

Can anyone help me with my question above.

muchspl2
01-05-2004, 07:19 AM
depend lots of things like your specs/ram other programs running etc etc

Cotton
01-05-2004, 07:22 AM
I have a fast computer.

How long does it normally take??

and once its done do i just burn all the files i have to a cd??

muchspl2
01-05-2004, 07:41 AM
I added how to burn as I&#39;m tired of repeating it in this thread
and sometimes it takes hour and half and sometimes it takes 3 hours just let it go do its thing

ck-uk
01-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Mate i made a kvcd earlier ,i&#39;m tring to make another one.On this one thou i want to change the aspect ratio in tmpeg.It seems acp loads tpmg auto so i cant change the setting.Any idea how?. :)

muchspl2
01-11-2004, 07:46 PM
no easy way that I know of, you could cancel it
but you have to cancle acp first or it will keep opening tmpgenc :(

ck-uk
01-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Ok mate cheers. :)

mEtho
01-12-2004, 11:03 AM
This particular question of mine is about "kvcd-704x480 PLUS" as this is the highest resolution i can have in KVCD and i know i need to split the movie onto two discs which i am willing to do.

do i change the resolution manually or something else..

and could u tell me what is this, is this a template and if it is then how do i use it..

http://kvcd.net/KDVD-720x576-Full-D1-_PAL_.mcf

thanks for ur help in advance&#33;&#33;&#33;

muchspl2
01-12-2004, 11:11 AM
well I would try it manually first, you could just download the template
then open tmpgenc and close the wizard then load the template
you can try it without encoding the audio separate, but if it gives you errors, just do the audio separate
often when I encode ulbr template I don&#39;t have to do the audio separate, I do it as system and encode both as ulbr, works most of the time, it should work with most of the templates, most of the time :)

mEtho
01-12-2004, 11:25 AM
cheers, i&#39;ll try :D

Bebi
01-12-2004, 11:53 AM
I had problems with that program so I had to do it the manual way ;)

muchspl2
01-12-2004, 12:01 PM
me too
but after reinstalling it I was good to go, for some reason it screws up on some installs, you can try restoring paths but sometimes its just better to reinstall :)

cow_dung
01-14-2004, 04:03 AM
:helpsmile: i have a question... the movie i dowloaded has two parts,
so i was wondering if i can start two ACPs at the same time so it will be quicker? :)

muchspl2
01-14-2004, 10:08 AM
well 2 ways
turn the total cd to 400mb then do both avi&#39;s in acp at the bottom here
http://members.cox.net/my_web_pictures/3.gif

or you can join them with easy video joiner or smiler program then just do it @800 mb :)

DWk
01-18-2004, 08:57 PM
How many times does it encode it in TMPGEnc? It&#39;s like the 5th time TMPGEnc seems to encode the movie.

Anything wrong there?

DWk
01-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Woah - ok it opened again for like the 7th time, but now it got 1+ hour on time remaining.

I&#39;m gonna leave the computer doing it&#39;s shiznit and then I come back - thanks for your replies :)

muchspl2
01-18-2004, 09:07 PM
yea completely normal, its just predicting

DWk
01-18-2004, 09:55 PM
What you mean predicting? So it wasn&#39;t actually encoding at first?

cow_dung
01-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by DWk@18 January 2004 - 13:57
How many times does it encode it in TMPGEnc? It&#39;s like the 5th time TMPGEnc seems to encode the movie.

Anything wrong there?
:) i tink TMPGEnc encodes 10 times then the 11th time its for real, which takes longer then the other ones :)

muchspl2
01-18-2004, 11:25 PM
:lol:

could take 10 could take 20 times
it encodes a small bit and calculates how big it is to how big it wants it (800mb +/-) this is also called predicting

it raising & lowers the cq till it can get the most on a cdr

ck-uk
01-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Hi :)

i notice gre makes skvcd ,what are they just mpg2?

muchspl2
01-20-2004, 09:07 AM
skvcd non standard mpeg2, kvcd is non stranderd mpeg1
I can&#39;t play it on my dvd players :(

ck-uk
01-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Ok cheers mate. :)

Joakim Agren
01-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@20 January 2004 - 10:07
Hello&#33;

If you cannot play em then why have you made this guide?

mEtho
01-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Joakim Agren+20 January 2004 - 12:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joakim Agren @ 20 January 2004 - 12:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@20 January 2004 - 10:07
I can&#39;t play it on my dvd players&nbsp; :(
Hello&#33;

If you cannot play em then why have you made this guide? [/b][/quote]
he can play Kvcd (thats why he made the guide), he cannnot made Skvcd (cos his computer doesnt play skvcd) ;)

Joakim Agren
01-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by mEtho+20 January 2004 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mEtho @ 20 January 2004 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Joakim Agren@20 January 2004 - 12:08
<!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@20 January 2004 - 10:07
Hello&#33;

If you cannot play em then why have you made this guide?
he can play Kvcd (thats why he made the guide), he cannnot made Skvcd (cos his computer doesnt play skvcd) ;) [/b][/quote]
Oops a Missunderstanding sorry&#33; ;)

But why cant his computers play SKVCD?

Strange I thought Computers players unlike Stationary ones could play absolutely everything&#33; I guess I was wrong&#33;

Do you think my computer could play it?

(My computer is a 2 month old HP pavilion) so it is almost new&#33;

muchspl2
01-20-2004, 10:11 PM
I should be able to play them on my pc, it just my stand alone dvd players don&#39;t support skvcd
it skips around real bad, but my players can play svcd with the header trick, but to much trouble, so I stick with kvcd

oldjagman
01-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Why bother? Buy a Liteon 2001 or 2002 DVD player and play all formats (including MPG/MPEG/AVIs). It&#39;s a little fussy about Divx3 but re-encing to XVID with VirtualDub is a piece of p**s and takes all of 40 minutes out of your life.

Oh, and it plays KVCDs if you get one from a Torrent download&#33;

Gre1
01-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@20 January 2004 - 17:11
I should be able to play them on my pc, it just my stand alone dvd players don&#39;t support skvcd
it skips around real bad, but my players can play svcd with the header trick, but to much trouble, so I stick with kvcd
The header trick is on all of my skvcds. Because I need it to play them too.

As for PC of course they will play use VideoLan, WinDVD, or PowerDVD(XP)

xbballplaya223x
01-27-2004, 12:30 AM
does kvcd work for the ps2?

Gre1
01-27-2004, 01:50 AM
NO.

02-15-2004, 12:27 AM
u only need to burn the video00 file i converted?

david622
06-22-2004, 01:21 AM
I have Nero 5.5 and I couldn&#39;t find the Standard Compliant thing i&#39;m supposed to uncheck. I find that it says "Standard Compliant ---- Yes" when I click properties on the video file. How do I turn that off?

muchspl2
06-22-2004, 05:44 AM
well if you can&#39;t turn it off, after nero checks the video, it will kick a error saying the video is non standard, re-encode (you don&#39;t want to do) are turn off standard compliance and continue

david622
06-29-2004, 06:14 PM
I just wanted to say that KVCDs are really great, and worked perfectly on my Sony DVP-NS715P dvd player. Thanks&#33;

muchspl2
06-30-2004, 04:55 AM
great :)
just ignore the haters and after awhile you will be using customized avs scripts and making even better kvcd movies

AlleyMan
07-02-2004, 08:01 AM
my process gets stuck on Besweet...some one help

muchspl2
07-02-2004, 05:04 PM
whats the error

muchspl2
07-11-2004, 12:46 PM
I love when people post one time and never come back

AlleyMan
07-11-2004, 06:10 PM
hey..really sorry for not replying...got kinda busy and also found a workround by downloading a non beta version of Besweet (1.4) thnkx for the guide tho :)