PDA

View Full Version : Stop the madness!

Squizzle
04-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Seriously, how many fucking torrent sites are going to get closed down / get muscled offline / voluntarily pussy out this week?

They're dropping like flies man.

I just hope we're going to see a rebound of sites with more balls to be honest.

Bone.W.Machine
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Seriously, how many fucking torrent sites are going to get closed down / get muscled offline / voluntarily pussy out this week?Time will tell, time will tell... :P
It's still just Wednesday.

hagckz0r
04-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Maybe worldwide financial crisis is a responsible factor for all those bad events in the BT world too... :/

RedRansom
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Hmnn then, Why don't ya do somethin' Squizzle (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/squizzle-154689)...
This reminds me one of Britney's song i hope this thread wont be as Britney lol...
Maybe bittorent just losing popularity, you know ppl going to online boards like youtube, spotify...Aint tpb was trying to do one of this, online movie?
I think most tracker just wating tpb's new move but this's true this bittorent protocol getting borred ppl...

djerholler69
04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
I just hope that this movement of closures will be to make the authorities happy and go back to their little holes. Once done, hopefully the sites can spring back up rejuvenated and stronger than ever

Qlix
04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
It's because of the tpb bullshit. Almost every swedish tracker closed.
And the newb trackers, well, as always - they'll come and go equally fast.

And wubz j00 Squiz <3

CaptanAmerica
04-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Maybe bittorent just losing popularity, you know ppl going to online boards like youtube, spotify...

wrong direction. bt world dsnt, it does gather rabid success day by day, and if u dont go to da cinema to watch new shitty f&f against prefer to dl it somewhere, that means that u put ur hand to some1s pocket and he dsnt like it

jasperr
04-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Hmnn then, Why don't ya do somethin' Squizzle (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/squizzle-154689)...
This reminds me one of Britney's song i hope this thread wont be as Britney lol...
Maybe bittorent just losing popularity, you know ppl going to online boards like youtube, spotify...Aint tpb was trying to do one of this, online movie?
I think most tracker just wating tpb's new move but this's true this bittorent protocol getting borred ppl...

That's not it people are not loosing interest in it.. for many sites, people are being far too cheap! Everything that a site needs to run has gone up in price.. New laws are getting more stricter as well as ridiculous.. the demand for the content trackers provide has gone up.. but, donations and such have not.. for many sites, user donations have gone down and user seeding as well .. Sign of the times perhaps..?? i dunno.. But, what i do know is that instead of talking about it and giving good "WISHES" hoping that your favorite tracker will be ok.. Why don't more users actually put their money and support where there mouth is and help their favorite trackers out..!?? donate a little, seed more(and not grab what you want and leaving pretending you are a good member) and actually BE a good member.. sites appreciate that support..

what i'm talking about doesn't necessarily make it about money but, these things have a major effect on the decision to risk it and stay running or to close up shop.. even if you don't feel justified to donate.. just seeding your torrents as long as you can(and not only the minimum stated in the rules, if stated) or grabing what you want and jetting ... this also helps a tracker.. so... as i say you can do your part or you can sit and cry about it.. bottom line

Stellar
04-22-2009, 01:14 PM
None of the really major sites have closed recently so I'm not too worried just yet. There's still a lot more time to see what comes out of this internet drama clusterfuck.

Kyokushin
04-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I see it as a good thing. The scene should never had become the popularity contest that it is today.

shipwreck
04-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Trackers are not 'the scene'. And it's always a 'popularity contest', even in the 'real scene'. It's all about fame, status and yes, money.

jasperr
04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
I see it as a good thing. The scene should never had become the popularity contest that it is today.

if that be true... then WE most likely wouldn't be here talking about it... as there wouldn't be any any trackers.. or as many trackers.. which again means that what you just said doesn't exist cause you wouldn't know about it.. lmao

Swift
04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Seriously, how many fucking torrent sites are going to get closed down / get muscled offline / voluntarily pussy out this week?

most like nobody wants to get buttsex in jail

killercam101
04-22-2009, 03:28 PM

most like nobody wants to get buttsex in jail

saving a tracker for people who get invited to their site and then try for the next tracker because they heard that tracker also had great community :rolleyes:...the balls

great use of the word buttsex Swift :yup:

Squizzle
04-22-2009, 04:35 PM
saving a tracker for people who get invited to their site and then try for the next tracker because they heard that tracker also had great community :rolleyes:...the balls

Ever considered the fact that not all sites might actually want 100,000 users?

It's not about "saving" anything for anyone, it's about trying to keep the size of the userbase under control.

The mentality of filesharingtalk users and their site levelling systems doesn't really come into the site plan for most trackers to be honest.

jasperr
04-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Squizzle,

That's only because there are too many trackers.... and they feel they can basically do w/e they want... but, no worries.. if more tracker start shutting down, they'll see things differently.. OH!! Wait... i forget about this hydra thing they claim will save them... silly me .. :frusty:

deadalive1
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM

It's not about "saving" anything for anyone, it's about trying to keep the size of the userbase under control.

The mentality of filesharingtalk users and their site levelling systems doesn't really come into the site plan for most trackers to be honest.
Shhh Squizzle, this is NOT the place for logical thoughts. :P

Swift
04-22-2009, 07:51 PM
i don't think any of the closed trackers had over 100.000 or near that amount so the question is not logica. I know it's better to have let's say 10.000 users actives then 100.000 not active.

maddoxro
04-22-2009, 08:01 PM
i don't think any of the closed trackers had over 100.000 or near that amount so the question is not logica. I know it's better to have let's say 10.000 users actives then 100.000 not active.

You can't possible have an users base of 100k and those not being active. It just won't happen.

Swift
04-22-2009, 08:03 PM

You can't possible have an users base of 100k and those not being active. It just won't happen.

i probably lost some words because i watched a soccer match at tv but i meant lets say not so active user base as the 10k one

Paracetamol
04-22-2009, 10:37 PM
get closed down / get muscled offline / voluntarily pussy out

There's a big difference between standing up to unfairness and willfully putting yourself in the position to go to pound me in the ass prison. Don't stand on the tracks and call for the train.

puckface
04-23-2009, 07:19 AM

The mentality of filesharingtalk users and their site levelling systems doesn't really come into the site plan for most trackers to be honest.'

Im sorry, but a torrent site is all abut sharing. "dont want 100.000 users"? So fucking what? Who cares what you want, share and share alike right? So lets limit the people who can share? Stupid.

This is whats wrong with the mentality nowadays, yes the leveling is part of the problem, but the bigger problem is trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members... news is, you arent. 100.000 is better than 5.000 any day sorry to say.

Exclusivity is the devil and everyone should know that.

Swift
04-23-2009, 07:25 AM
it keeps getting worse every day

maddoxro
04-23-2009, 07:29 AM
100.000 is better than 5.000 any day
exactly :)

Paracetamol
04-23-2009, 07:38 AM
trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members

Each and every "elite" tracker has this mentality. Somehow, limiting your userbase to a very small, "select" group of people (which, in large part, are members on all of them) makes you super special. It's complete fucking nonsense and will inevitably lead to stagnation and a total lack of interest, but that's their choice, I suppose. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to end up being just another tracker, but with "an awesome community." The quoted part of that sentence makes me want to wretch, by the way.

puckface
04-23-2009, 07:48 AM

Each and every "elite" tracker has this mentality. Somehow, limiting your userbase to a very small, "select" group of people (which, in large part, are members on all of them) makes you super special. It's complete fucking nonsense and will inevitably lead to stagnation and a total lack of interest, but that's their choice, I suppose. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to end up being just another tracker, but with "an awesome community." The quoted part of that sentence makes me want to wretch, by the way.

These are the places that ruin bitorrent IMO

EDIT: to clarify, even though some of these trackers are desirable, this does not necessarily mean that its a good thing. Yes, a tracker that serves lossless music is desirelable to me, but does not need to be be so "community based" or "exclusive", thats just anti-sharing. Please dont give me this 'security' shit. If I were an agent of a organization who wanted to do harm, I could get any tracker just about and get all the info I needed.

wheeloftime
04-23-2009, 12:08 PM

If someone wants to start a torrent site and limit the number of members to 5000 why is it wrong for them to do this and how on earth are they somehow ruining bitorrent?
Nobody has the 'right' to join any private torrent site no matter how big or small the membership base.
As for these sites being 'elitist' it is the traders here that turn these sites into 'elite' sites, not the sites themselves or their users.

CaptanAmerica
04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
this thread has moar then 1k views only cause the op is da owner of ukt?

bilkenter
04-23-2009, 12:30 PM
:wacko: who cares? i didnt know and definitely dont care who actually posted this thread. It is weird of you to assume that really.

jasperr
04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
This is whats wrong with the mentality nowadays, yes the leveling is part of the problem, but the bigger problem is trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members... news is, you arent. 100.000 is better than 5.000 any day sorry to say.

what is it with people like this that desperately hold on to this lvl/elitist mentality?? elitism has nothing to do with it.. if a tracker wants to remain small they are called elitist.. and if a tracker want's to grow people start crying about lvls ??? you guys need to make up your minds on what you want because you can't have it both ways..

and you say TRACKERS HAVE ISSUES!!??.... :frusty:

maddoxro
04-23-2009, 12:54 PM

Owner of what ? That tracker who got busted by the police 3-4 years ago and now is locked down with a low number of users ?

If it's so, now i see why he is a fan for the trackers with a small users base.

Swift
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM

Owner of what ? That tracker who got busted by the police 3-4 years ago and now is locked down with a low number of users ?

If it's so, now i see why he is a fan for the trackers with a small users base.

i don't think the user amount is the main cause of the sites closing.. ukt can close aswell

stoi
04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
For this 100,000 members argument, BCG used to have 100,000 members, we had 70,000 seeders and 6,000 leechers, we now have 28,000 members, we have 100,000 seeders, 2,000 leechers.

OK the leechers have gone down, but that may be because we have been closed, but just because we had 100,000 members, does not mean site activity was a lot better than it is now.

the vast majority of those 100,000 were, sign up, hit and run, get into Kl, change IP/Email/Name and sign up again, or sign up 250 accounts, for use when we did close, so they could be used for trading/selling.

To me its everyones fault, us for staying closed, but we only stay closed because a vast majority just take the piss, but when we open to get members in, to me we are doing the new members a favour, but they just sign up and take the piss again, so we close.

its a viscous circle

Squizzle
04-23-2009, 10:20 PM

I don't own any site, retard. :ermm:

Back on topic - bang goes swedvdr. Thought that one might be next.

http://torrentfreak.com/swedish-anti-pirates-threaten-bittorrent-trackers-090423/

They're having a rough time in Sweden right now, I guess we saw it coming. This has to be far from over, what with the retrials being called and the prospect of an appeal...

There's a lot to keep track of at the minute.

If someone wants to start a torrent site and limit the number of members to 5000 why is it wrong for them to do this and how on earth are they somehow ruining bitorrent?
Nobody has the 'right' to join any private torrent site no matter how big or small the membership base.
As for these sites being 'elitist' it is the traders here that turn these sites into 'elite' sites, not the sites themselves or their users.

Quoted for absolute truth, kudos.

IdolEyes787
04-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I think it's difficult to separate exclusivity from elitism.

Or at least that's what we like to say at the Country Club.

On a more serious note to paraphrase Groucho Marx- I wouldn’t want to belong to any site that would accept me as a member.

Wait that wasn't more serious was it?
Well actually given the temper of the original post that's about as serious as I am going to get.

And I'm afraid about as on topic too.
Now excuse me while I go hang out on some board where people aren't constantly attempting to prove their view of reality is the only correct one.

And to squizzle having made an incorrect statement does not make a person a retard or else everyone here would qualify .

Paracetamol
04-24-2009, 12:55 AM

I seriously doubt that's the case. It's the idea that there is a SUPAR SEKRIT KLUB that only a select few (as dictated by the intentionally limited number of users) can get into. Your average person wants to feel as though they belong, but that's not always enough. I don't want to get into all the psychological nonsense that this involves, but a human's baser instincts force them to want to belong to something more.

In essence, people will only barter to gain access to sites/things (offline) that are known to be "elite" or otherwise interesting enough to risk losing something to for the privilege. There's no need to trade to get something if just about anyone can get it. Demonoid is a good example.

NippleCake
04-24-2009, 06:47 PM
anyone who is calling ukt an "elitest" tracker trying to gain exclusivity is an absolue retard and should look into the history of the site first. Considering the fact that they already have been busted, its pretty fair for them to keep a low profile and not have every idiotic cunt joining, this will only draw attention to the site and get them busted, again. Do you people actually think they do it just so they can be "1337"? If you look at the amount of leechers and seeders, as well as forum and irc activity on the site you will see that the site is not "stagnant" but survivinng bloody well without having thousands and thousands and thousands of members. Why? because they have strict rules for security, so decent people get invited, not the shite-stains you see floating about half the time.

bumrocks
04-24-2009, 07:47 PM

Obviously, you are not a part of any of these trackers (small limited userbase with limited invites or new accounts). The fact of the matter is that people who are not in these sites think of it as an "elite" site. People on the outside think of the site being "stingy" or elitists cause they can't get in. Simple as that really. Large easily accessible sites are more likely to have issues...Legal AND nonlegal.

If I had a choice to go to an illegal gambling location and had to choose between 2 different locations and one was open to almost anyone and was held at the local mall and the other was with friends and friends of friends at someones personal home....Guess which one I would go to. Which one would you feel safest at? I wouldn't classify the ones at the home as elitists, either. Just smart.

and will inevitably lead to stagnation and a total lack of interestFurther proof that you're not a member of the sites I can only guess you are speaking of...

Your statements are fraught with misconceptions and horrible uneducated statements, imo. More often than not this happens with those that make statements about sites they have never experienced.

Edit: Sorry if some of these points have already been made...Made the quote and post before I finished reading the whole thread...

deadalive1
04-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Well said bumrocks, very logical deduction. Unfortunately, I fear it is wasted on most folks here (not all mind you) but enough.

NippleCake
04-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Ye what bumrocks said, i kinda said the same but in less friendly terms. i have said it enough anyway.

IdolEyes787
04-24-2009, 10:26 PM
anyone who is calling ukt an "elitest" tracker trying to gain exclusivity is an absolue retard and should look into the history of the site first. Considering the fact that they already have been busted, its pretty fair for them to keep a low profile and not have every idiotic cunt joining, this will only draw attention to the site and get them busted, again. Do you people actually think they do it just so they can be "1337"? If you look at the amount of leechers and seeders, as well as forum and irc activity on the site you will see that the site is not "stagnant" but survivinng bloody well without having thousands and thousands and thousands of members. Why? because they have strict rules for security, so decent people get invited, not the shite-stains you see floating about half the time.
After that little diatribe I can only surmise that apparently "decency" has vastly different meanings to different people .

And to nipplecake having made an incorrect statement does not make a person a retard or else everyone here would qualify .

Although I agree that restricted access does not equate to elitism certain individuals condescending attitudes(not counting you br) is going a long way to changing my mind.
Just have a fucking opinion without putting someone down can you.

Fuck .

stoi
04-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Just a word of advise, edit your post or you will get an infraction, i wont report it, but i called someone a prick and got an infraction, and yours is way worse than mine.

even though now its been quoted, so i think you are SOL :(

IdolEyes787
04-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Especially considering it was the very next post after I made a comment about not insulting people.:slap:
Can't say it surprised me though.

Just a thought how about everyone showing each other as much respect as you show your precious trackers.

mrnobody
04-25-2009, 03:09 AM
what is this thread about?

trackers shutting down afters tpb verdict? ukt? piss at small 'communities'? nipples? cakes? idol? eyes? :confused:

VinX
04-25-2009, 06:02 AM
i think that swedish sites will be affected mainly coz of tpb trail .. :( swedvdr is going down too :(

pro267
04-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Im sorry, but a torrent site is all abut sharing. "dont want 100.000 users"? So fucking what? Who cares what you want, share and share alike right? So lets limit the people who can share? Stupid.

It's amazing how twisted your pov on this matter is. You seem to have this idea that it is trackers who want exclusivity. You're wrong. Most sites would love to have a larger member-base. They opened up the site to help the community share files, ffs, what the hell do you think they're looking for. It is circumstances such as those that sprouted the creation of this thread that force them into putting limitations on the size of the member-base in place, to try to limit the exposure of the site. This is done in order to reduce the potential risk to the staff and members of the site, not in order to promote any sort of exclusivity. The latter is an unfortunate, yet unavoidable product of these circumstances, not a goal by itself.

If you don't agree with these statements, I urge you to practice your beliefs and start a tracker of your own which will have 100K+ members. When you feel you're getting some heat from the authorities, tell them to screw themselves and just continue growing in the same ethos that helped the TPB grow to be one of the largest BT sites on the net. I'm sure you'll make a great cell buddy to the four of them.

jasperr
04-25-2009, 01:12 PM

I seriously doubt that's the case. It's the idea that there is a SUPAR SEKRIT KLUB that only a select few (as dictated by the intentionally limited number of users) can get into. Your average person wants to feel as though they belong, but that's not always enough. I don't want to get into all the psychological nonsense that this involves, but a human's baser instincts force them to want to belong to something more.

In essence, people will only barter to gain access to sites/things (offline) that are known to be "elite" or otherwise interesting enough to risk losing something to for the privilege. There's no need to trade to get something if just about anyone can get it. Demonoid is a good example.

Again, this is a mindset brought on by traders.... hence your reference to the word "TRADE" in the later part of your statement..... you seem to think that everyone trades and makes a sites value based on it...

Well you are wrong.. if you care to take the time to browse through this site you'll see the great opposition to the trading folks that disproves your assumption that everyone trades... And this further supports the notion that trackers do not promote elitism ... maybe exclusivity but, not elitism.. this is your mindset and therefore YOU and others like YOU place the wrong values into the equation.. Meaning only high strung users and traders pick and choose which trackers to dub elite, and others just pick it up from there.. other than that elite and trackers don't go together plain and simple!!

The_Martinator
04-25-2009, 01:41 PM

It's amazing how twisted your pov on this matter is. You seem to have this idea that it is trackers who want exclusivity. You're wrong. Most sites would love to have a larger member-base. They opened up the site to help the community share files, ffs, what the hell do you think they're looking for. It is circumstances such as those that sprouted the creation of this thread that force them into putting limitations on the size of the member-base in place, to try to limit the exposure of the site. This is done in order to reduce the potential risk to the staff and members of the site, not in order to promote any sort of exclusivity. The latter is an unfortunate, yet unavoidable product of these circumstances, not a goal by itself.

If you don't agree with these statements, I urge you to practice your beliefs and start a tracker of your own which will have 100K+ members. When you feel you're getting some heat from the authorities, tell them to screw themselves and just continue growing in the same ethos that helped the TPB grow to be one of the largest BT sites on the net. I'm sure you'll make a great cell buddy to the four of them.

Gotta agree with that. Securitiy is where it's at. Not elitism (allthough there are some sad exceptions to this rule)

puckface
04-25-2009, 03:14 PM

Sorry, I dont have the talent or the skills to start a tracker.

oh, and its so funny how everyone here can be worked up by a drunk troll.

The_Martinator
04-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, you could have told us you were drunk...

puckface
04-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, you could have told us you were drunk...

ha, I just did, although to be fair it was like what? 3 days ago